football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Cech
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 14:52
As I was saying...

Re: Cech
Trent2000 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 16:18
Drop him for who?

Sad that both Polish keepers should have stayed.

Flava (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 17:04
What were you saying mate? What were you saying about Ramsey and Kolasanic?

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 17:56
But GS1 remains silent on our match winner Aaron Ramsey.......

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 18:40
If you say something long enough it will eventually be come true

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 18:48
Yes I think we all know how Ramsey turned out. He's f ucking shite!

Arsenal fans who don't overreact over 1 game know that!

As for Cech he's been shite since he got here, I was saying he was past it years before he joined us as well.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 19:18
Ospina is @#$%& anyways. Almost got Colombia eliminated.

Shane (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 19:37
Cech's the best and the most reliable keeper we've had since Lehmann. I realise that isn't exactly a ringing endorsement, but true nevertheless.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 19:50
He's Almunia level now but as least Almunia was agile and could save a pen!

Flava (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 19:51
Agreed and if Ospina had let that in you'd have blamed the high line with no press on the ball. What about the save he made from Ayew?

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 22:06
Since Lehmann, there are two attributes that Cech has and none of our previous goalies have:
1 - Commanding in the box.
2 - Positional awareness such that he does not need to perform spectacular dive to make a save but making a save as if the ball is attracted to him.

Positional awareness - that is why even when he lost a bit of his agility, he is still a top goalie.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 22:14
LMFAO, do people watch us blindfolded? Cech is a goal line keeper!!

Also, if he's positional sense is so good while does he get beat at his near post and in the middle of his goal so much?

The guy is past it and has been been for a long time.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
28 October, 2017 22:16
Did he sleep with your mrs? I can't think of many other reasons for your irrational mindset on Cech.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 02:59
Cech did not acknowledged him grinning smiley

When you go home, tell them of us and say
For their tomorrow, we gave our today.
John Maxwell Edmonds

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 04:25
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
He's Almunia level now but as least Almunia was agile and could save a pen!
Lets not talk about the worst gk probably to have played for us for that long. His dives were always late and at times looked for the camera. In one v one situation he would never come out even when it was needed. Kevin phillips headed home to end the title campaign that year and alumnias attempt was woeful.
Cech is old and no where near his best, but he's the still the best we have had since mad jens and that one season from woj.
Not to mention several free kicks that almunia let in

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/10/2017 04:27 by CazOnARola.

Ares (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 04:40
Vito Mannone

Pound for pound Vito Mannone is the best goalie we've had at Arsenal Since Jens Lehmann

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 04:47
In a way yes. He did help us when he gifted sanchez that goal. Besides anyone that hasn't played a top club for over a year doesn't count imho. Manone played well for 10 games and then flapped on a lot of crosses. Ospina would always save and hit the ball in front of him during the wc and then go ahead and make the double save.
A good goalie would push it sideways.
Woj during his udinese miracle season was a beast inspite of a finger injury in the entire second half of the season. Shame he started playing keep ball in his own half and kicking and releasing too quickly the very next season.
Its a bit like coquelin trying to play cross fields balls ending up in stands as soon as elneny was signed

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 09:53
Gs for christ sakes give it a rest.
Every bloody game you post this crap.

I think most realise we need a keeper.
But at the moment we have to rely on Cech.
Who is clearly the best keeper we have at this time.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 09:54
Lol at Cech's thread after every goal grinning smiley GS1 are you so tired as evryone so now you dont even bother writing what was wrong with that goal?

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 10:27
Quote:
younghansolo
Did he sleep with your mrs? I can't think of many other reasons for your irrational mindset on Cech.

Yea it's irrational to comment on a GK who makes mistake after mistake.

Am still waiting for the "15 points he's going to win us!"

People on here are trying to hide the reality because they can't stand me being right again,pathetic!

djarse (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 10:59
Emi Martinez looked very good every time he played for us - pity we sent him out on loan. I definitely think Cech is deteriorating slowly and Ospina was never good enough.

Flava (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 11:54
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Quote:
younghansolo

Yea it's irrational to comment on a GK who makes mistake after mistake.

Am still waiting for the "15 points he's going to win us!"

People on here are trying to hide the reality because they can't stand me being right again,pathetic!

Where's Adama Traore at the moment mate? Is he still the player we need?

PKGooner (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 12:41
Or maybe Cleverly

Flava (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 13:28
Or Smalling

Shane (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 15:48
After seeing the goal, I wouldn't put it down as a blooper. Question mark for sure, not a unanimous, Almunia-type f*ck up.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
29 October, 2017 19:10
To be fair to GS, Cech is average.

A 6/10 keeper at best. He will save the standard shots but nothing extra-ordinary and he does f*ck up too.

Ospina isn't better though.

We need a new keeper.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 18:00
[dailycannon.com]

Sorry but this demonstrates you are irrational.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 18:49
Quote:
PKGooner
To be fair to GS, Cech is average.
A 6/10 keeper at best. He will save the standard shots but nothing extra-ordinary and he does f*ck up too.

Ospina isn't better though.

We need a new keeper.
This we should have signed Butland in the summer

A shadow of what we were

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 19:11
Quote:
younghansolo
http://dailycannon.com/2017/10/astounding-petr-cech-stat-puts-him-just-behind-manchester-united-and-tottenham-keepers/

No it proves am right! Not saving a penalty is a disgrace.

If you want to accept mediocrity that's your decision but I never ever will!!

younghansolo (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 19:35
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Quote:
younghansolo
http://dailycannon.com/2017/10/astounding-petr-cech-stat-puts-him-just-behind-manchester-united-and-tottenham-keepers/

No it proves am right! Not saving a penalty is a disgrace.

If you want to accept mediocrity that's your decision but I never ever will!!

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah oh my god. Please re-read why you just said.

So he has a 97% claim rate, has the third most clean sheets in three years......but because he hasn't saved a penalty you go no nyour daily rampage.

Honestly I can't do anything but laugh.

Shane (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 20:46
I don't see why saving or not saving penalties is important. When have you ever expected a goalkeeper to save a penalty? The pressure is on the taker, not the keeper because it's far easier to score than it is to save them.

Anyways, the fact that he has only managed one less clean sheet than Lloris since 2015 is really quite impressive. Tottenham's defence has been brilliant and relatively steady in that time. Ours hasn't been brilliant or steady. Cech has probably had a different combination of defenders ahead of him than any other goalkeeper in the division.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 22:09
The best goalkeepers have always been good penalty savers; They've got a presence that put the fear of god in to the taker.

Cech is a goalkeeper who's not going to win you a game, but he will lose you a game.

Give me the stats against the top 6, not against some irrelevant teams, then we'll talk!

Shane (IP Logged)
30 October, 2017 23:18
It's your job to get the stats mate. The onus is on you to convince us that your claims are accurate. Aren't you a lawyer or something?

Ares (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 01:00
I don't need to look at the stats of Arsenal getting stuffed 5 something by Liverpool 6 something by etc and so on to know Cech's clean sheet record against teams which are in the top 5 / top 6 of the Premier League is probably the worst ever for a gk at Arsenal in living memory.

Shane (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 01:29
Cech wasn't at Arsenal when Liverpool beat us 5-1 or Chelsea 6-0, the results I assume you're referring to, so it probably is worth looking at the stats - and lineups - pal.

Ares (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 03:23
Premier League Sunday 27 Aug 2017

Liverpool 4 - 0 Arsenal

33 Cech
16 Holding
06 Koscielny
18 Monreal
15 Oxlade-Chamberlain
08 Ramsey
29 Xhaka
24 Bellerín
11 Özil
07 Sánchez
23 Welbeck

Actually The 6 I was thinking of is the 6 points handed to chelsea with none other than no 33 from Chelsea in goal - 2016/2017 Head to Head 1:5 Aggregate, Felt like 6-0.

Ares (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 03:38
All these beatings are starting to feel like deja vu

Bergmars (IP Logged)
31 October, 2017 06:02
Let's face it if he was still at his peak Chelsea would not have let him join us.

A shadow of what we were

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 19:02
sport/football/news/arsenal-fan-notices-something-unusual-1147

I did mention this in another thread!

Flava (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 21:06
Hurellio Gomes and Rob Green were good at saving penalties.

Perhaps we should try not conceding so many of them

Flava (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 21:12
Quote:
Ares
Premier League Sunday 27 Aug 2017
Liverpool 4 - 0 Arsenal

33 Cech
16 Holding
06 Koscielny
18 Monreal
15 Oxlade-Chamberlain
08 Ramsey
29 Xhaka
24 Bellerín
11 Özil
07 Sánchez
23 Welbeck

Actually The 6 I was thinking of is the 6 points handed to chelsea with none other than no 33 from Chelsea in goal - 2016/2017 Head to Head 1:5 Aggregate, Felt like 6-0.

Arsenal's best player that day, wasn't he?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net