football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

The Mirror claim Ozil is off to Utd
BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 10:08
Will anyone even notice?

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Re: The Mirror claim Ozil is off to Utd
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 10:37
Not now they wont, but it could be spin as it came through John Cross

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 12:01
Prefer him to go abroad.

Can't imagine he would last 5 minutes under Mourinho the way he "plays" for us.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 12:23
That's the bit I don't get, Mourinho even hammered Hazard for not putting in a shift for the team and not tracking back when needed.

Ozil's eyes would unbulge at the mere suggestion of tracking a runner.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

SandyB (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 13:29
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Prefer him to go abroad.
Can't imagine he would last 5 minutes under Mourinho the way he "plays" for us.
He's Mourinho's man since his Madrid days but he isn't the same player he used to be so not sure if this is true.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 14:38
Hes a piece of @#$%&. I honestly just want him gone, i dont care where

Goofle (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 14:54
Off ya go

PKGooner (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 14:55
I said from the start he was a coward.

The cowardly Ozil. I remember there was a guy on here who was very upset by this.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 20:00
Get rid

A shadow of what we were

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 20:05
It’s a made up story to get the bidding going

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

SandyB (IP Logged)
20 October, 2017 20:13
Quote:
Padre Pio
It’s a made up story to get the bidding going
Bidding for what? His contract is up, going to go on free...

Ichigo (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 05:54
Ozil and Sanchez's situation are two very different cases. Fans want sanchez to stay, but he is a glory hunting twit, who only cares about his own success, so he wants to leave and play for City. I genuinely believe that Ozil wants to say, but fans are pushing him out of the club. He is a different character, who can't handle the constant abuse he is receiving from fans, former players and pundits. I'll laugh if he goes to ManU and becomes and instant hit. He has the quality to become one of the best, with proper guidance and support.

SandyB (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 06:55
Quote:
Ichigo
Ozil and Sanchez's situation are two very different cases. Fans want sanchez to stay, but he is a glory hunting twit, who only cares about his own success, so he wants to leave and play for City. I genuinely believe that Ozil wants to say, but fans are pushing him out of the club. He is a different character, who can't handle the constant abuse he is receiving from fans, former players and pundits. I'll laugh if he goes to ManU and becomes and instant hit. He has the quality to become one of the best, with proper guidance and support.
Dude, he’s 29 yrs old, World Cup winner, he doesn’t need guidance or support, he’s now repeat story of Fernando Torres, out of form can’t produce what Arsenal paid for him. Staying at Arsenal under same manager playing with same players he has absolutely zero chance of career reversal. Either he swallows his pride stays at Arsenal with wage cut or move on somewhere with his old manager like Mourinho or old club hoping for a career reversal which isn’t gonna happen either way. There are too many similar examples Torres, shevchenko, kaka, Falcao never had career reversal. Ozil show is over.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 10:06
Even if its True, why should he want to stay when fans always blame him for every poor result or lousy display? He is the easy target because of his melancholic nature so why should he stay??? How we manage to make our players the scapegoat instead of blaming the real culprit; Wenger who delights in fielding an unbalanced team every season bits me. sure he has some bad games buy who are the other players on that team???

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/2017-09-26_12.35.41.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2017 18:50 by AJ The Gunner.

Ichigo (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 10:06
Apparently all Ozil related stories are fabricated. According to one of his very close friends, he does not indent to go to ManU and he is not demanding anything close to the rumoured 300,000 salary. But he is disturbed by the ongoing propaganda against him. His dip in form is related to this biased opinion towards him, no player in the right frame of mind will be able to produce his best, when he is continuously subjected to abuse from fans, former players and media. A lunatic like Sanchez maybe able to do this, but not everyone. Some Arsenal fans always like to turn on players, we need to let go of this adolescent behaviour and get behind our players, especially the world class ones.

Shane (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 12:45
Why was my post deleted? Is Padre oppressing the masses again? Did Ichigo hack into the server and remove it? Was I just a bit drunk and wrote it in a different thread? Who the @#$%& knows.

I thought it was a good post. Not to brag but I think a lot of my musings on Ozil are spot-on, and have been for a while.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 14:38
I thought it was a good post too, probably a finger slip somewhere by a mod. Could even have been me and if it was I'm sorry.

Shane (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 15:28
PK likes to think he's the foremost Ozil expert on here so I suspect it was him.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 17:11
I didn't see it.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 20:23
Quote:
Shane
Why was my post deleted? Is Padre oppressing the masses again? Did Ichigo hack into the server and remove it? Was I just a bit drunk and wrote it in a different thread? Who the @#$%& knows.
I thought it was a good post. Not to brag but I think a lot of my musings on Ozil are spot-on, and have been for a while.

I havent deleted your post - are you sure it was on this thread or in a drunken stupour you put it elsewhere?
Why not repost the gist of it?

SandyB (IP Logged)
21 October, 2017 21:45
I remember the post, shano put up some strong racist vulgar stuff about Ozil so one of the moderator most likely YHS deleted it. I think every shano’s post need to go through some kinda moderation before making to the thread.
There are lots of kids come here n we don’t want they learn all bad stuff from AT. AT needs to hold a very high moral n social standard that’s exemplary.
Kudos to the moderators!
(Sm103)
(Sm20)
(Sm22)

Shane (IP Logged)
22 October, 2017 13:42
There was no anti-Ozil post. I made the whole thing up. I've always believed in him.

SandyB (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 01:02
Quote:
Shane
There was no anti-Ozil post. I made the whole thing up. I've always believed in him.
See the consequences of making things up????

(Sm22) (Sm22)

Shane (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 03:32
There was an anti-Ozil post you toilet brush of a ting.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 12:12
I'm pretty sure the last time I criticized Ozil he all of a sudden put in a MOTM performance as well. I should do it more often.

SandyB (IP Logged)
23 October, 2017 13:31
Quote:
Shane
There was an anti-Ozil post you toilet brush of a ting.
Bingo!!
Now confess your crime..you have the right to remain silent.
Our resident lawyer PK Gunner will interrogate you in court of law!! [:wor kid:]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net