football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Lucas Moura to Arsenal could be a game changer
SandyB (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 19:58
If rumors are correct Coutinho might be heading to Barca in January n Lemar to Liverpool. Lucas Moura might move to Arsenal.
This is great win win transfer move for both Lucas n Arsenal in the world cup year. Lucas should be able to help Arsenal finishing in top 4 or even win Europa n best chance to get a world cup call up. Win win!
Hope Wenger isn't dumb enough to go for a bidding war with Liverpool for Lemar.
Sell Alexis in January if City is still in for him!

Re: Lucas Moura to Arsenal could be a game changer
SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 20:31
You must be his agent...

the player is obviously desperate for some game-time in order to make the Brazil Word Cup roster. Nowhere near the quality required for Arsenal (and clearly inferior to Lemar)

SandyB (IP Logged)
12 October, 2017 21:34
Quote:
Nowhere near the quality required for Arsenal (Sm105) (and clearly inferior to Lemar)

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 00:38
Wenger is infatuated with Lemar. I think Wenger got this one wrong. Just like how he was wrong with Sanogo. Lemar is too fragile for EPL and will be a poor buy. More important to get a world class DM who can defend, tackle, read the game, shield the defend, defend against high balls and lsunch attacks.

litmus (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 05:26
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
You must be his agent...

the player is obviously desperate for some game-time in order to make the Brazil Word Cup roster. Nowhere near the quality required for Arsenal (and clearly inferior to Lemar)

Sorry, but are you thinking of the right Lucas? Lucas MOURA is rated by many as one of the most skilful players in the world currently. He was PSG's most expensive player when they bought him beating Man United and Inter Milan to his signature. Paid 45 mil Euro for him as a 19 year old. Inferior to Lemar? You have got to be kidding.

Pacey, tricky, high mobile, strong, all-action player, which makes him I think, could be better for us than Ozil, especially as he does his fair share of dirty work. I read his coach at Sau Paulo before as saying that he is one of the most strongest flair players he has seen, in that he is not easy to be pushed of the ball and can bounce off opponents.

In the many PSG games that I watch, he is always in the thick of action, which is what I like about him. Unlike some players who tend to go missing in games.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 08:25
Lacks end product

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 09:12
I think all this 'so and so is too fragile for the premier league' is a bit of a myth these days.

Sure it's a faster league than any other, but not really 'tougher' anymore. You don't need to be tough to be in the league these days, any contact is a free kick. I mean you can't even jump alongside a keeper anymore either without the ref blowing up. You can get sent off for not actually touching someone as well, if the ref believes you had intent to.

It's a game for nonces these days which suits these 'fragile' foreigners.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

SandyB (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 13:15
Actually French league 1 is more tough n defensive league now a days.

Quote:
Lacks end product

End product means goal to be more precise but that's probably due to always playing in the shadows of high profile players like Ibra later Cavani, Di Maria etc. Even Draxler couldn't do anything for PSG probably for the same reason. Moura will be better choice than Draxler for Arsenal.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 15:52
Sandy you should read Luis Gustavo's interview (playing for Marseille this year). He says the French league is more technical than the German league, and also that the players are much faster.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 15:53
Also, Lucas Moura is Theo Walcott's twin brother, and I don't mean just the physical resemblance...

SandyB (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 15:57
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Also, Lucas Moura is Theo Walcott's twin brother, and I don't mean just the physical resemblance...

(Sm22)
I don't know that's a compliment or criticism. I trust Lucas will come back big time only one right big transfer away. He missed last world cup n it's too bad most likely gonna miss this one. Same like Walcott??

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 17:07
Moura is fantastic. We've got Iwobi playing for us and people turning their noses up on Moura, bloody hell!!

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 18:51
Moura hasn't played a single minute for the selecao since 2016

He's played 36 minutes for PSG so far this season

Doesn't look like someone who's indispensable...

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 18:53
Weve mertesacker on our squad

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 18:55
Weve mertesacker on our books when we play 5 at the back. If moura comes here, he will go the same way as all of our signings. Until wenger is here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/10/2017 05:14 by CazOnARola.

SandyB (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 20:28
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Moura hasn't played a single minute for the selecao since 2016
He's played 36 minutes for PSG so far this season

Doesn't look like someone who's indispensable...

Tite doesn't take him coz of Coutinho n Willian/Firmino mostly plays on the right. Obviously Coutinho or Willian is better team player than him (not too sure if better flair player or not though). Same thing happens to him in PSG too crowded with lots of big name stars. The guy needs a change n I think Arsenal could be a good option specially if Alexis is definitely leaving.

dvno (IP Logged)
13 October, 2017 21:03
Didn't we say these kinds of things when Ozil arrived? We obviously have an issue maxing any players potential so, unless the atmosphere (read: manager) changes, he won't change much of anything.

SandyB (IP Logged)
14 October, 2017 05:29
Wenger is hinting he might sell both Ozil n Alexis in January transfer window. The best deal would be to bring both Lucas n Draxler in January as both are excess to PSG now n will immensely improve Arsenal n Wenger’s survival. The last call so to speak.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net