football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Ospina
CazOnARola (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 12:52
Can't believe we let woj go.
Hope cech remains fit throughout.
[www.google.co.in]

Re: Ospina
SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 13:23
Last 10 minutes of Colombia-Paraguay were insane. Truly embarrassing for Ospina, though.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 14:28
Cech should've be demoted to 2nd choice or sold and Woj made no.1.

Wenger and his s.hit planning for the future of the squad.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Flava (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 18:11
He's lost his agility and bravery

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 18:32
Quote:
Flava
Who?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Goofle (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 20:00
Woj was absolutely horrendous for us. Cech has been miserable too. Ospina isn’t great but had been probably the best when played, though admittedly against inferior opposition.

Flava (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 21:13
Quote:
Padre Pio
Quote:
Flava
Who?

Ospina

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 18:54
Woh made some stunning saves and had a very good season when we took out udinese. Then he started to get crazy with trying to play keep ball as s keeper and stupid throw outs next season. He then started flapping a lot as well and was rightly dropped.
But i think he had improved at roma and juve see that as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2017 23:25 by CazOnARola.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 19:34
Woj has done some very flappy things over the years. I remember at the inauguration of Euro 2012, Poland vs Czech Republic, he commited a stupid mistake.

hahanice (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 21:33
I always said we should have kept woj. He made some mistakes, especially when young. But he wasn't demoted and then ospina got a chance with coq in the team. Ospina was no better with work, he just didn't have a 37 year old cripple at defensive mid.

Woj was pretty good for Roma the past 2years. Good enough for juve but not the mighty arsenal somehow.

I have had little to no problem with cech but he's by no means been better than woj

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 23:28
It wasn't the flapping. The smoke in the shower. And arsene didn't take back discards. Had a direct manager been in charge, he might have kept woj at the club

Flava (IP Logged)
08 October, 2017 07:24
If the remit was to go on loan and improve, he did it. He should've been brought back to challenge Cech and ultimately unsurp him as #1.

It's a crazy world we live in when Pickford is £30m and Szczesny is sold for £10m

Goofle (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 11:36
Pickford has great distribution and is about the same level of keeper, if not better. Makes total sense.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 15:38
Quote:
Flava

(Sm126)

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 16:46
Pickford is a smaller Richard Wright!

Flava, you back out of hiding after the Wilshere thread!!

Flava (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 06:02
Quote:
Goofle
Pickford has great distribution and is about the same level of keeper, if not better. Makes total sense.

Only if you're clinically insane.

Ramsey, Denilson, Cleverley.....you're record isn't great mate

Goofle (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 16:43
I think I said Cleverly was a good player when he was in the side for a title winning/challenging side. Never been a huge fan. Denilson and Ramsey are examples of good judgement. Can’t legislate for injuries.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 16:48
Denilson wasn't injured, he was s.hit.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Flava (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 17:08
Quote:
BootyDaddy

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:45
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
BootyDaddy

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:50
Let's not get carried away, while i was never the biggest fan of daniel-san, he was much better at wax on wax off. At least before his back injury.
He was doing more tackles and interceptions than elneny and xhaka can do combined every 3 games.
You guys don't realize how @#$%& we are at winning the ball back compared to even 2009-2010 with denilson.
He was also way better at passing (side ways as we can it famously) compared to coquelin.

At that time he obv looked shot cause we were used to watching beasts like viera in an arsenal shirt.

I would take the 2009-2010 denilson in a heart about over the shitty players that are passed off as CMs these days

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 20:53 by CazOnARola.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:51
For everyone's benefit. Let me know when you see xhaka elneny do this (successfully) for even 2 games in a row.
[youtu.be]

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:52
Posted on the wrong thread earlier (or maybe it applies to both threads actually smiling smiley)

Flava (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 20:56
Quote:
CazOnARola
For everyone's benefit. Let me know when you see xhaka elneny do this (successfully) for even 2 games in a row.
[youtu.be]

But you've taken about 4 years worth of highlights there mate and he still looks sh.it! He even looked sh.it playing next to Fabregas, that must be quite difficult to do.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 21:02
Therr are no videos available anymore for season reviews. There used to be good length videos of most of our players for season reviews. Hoursof footage taken down by copy rights. And that video has most matches from 2010.

Besides Flava you are just supposed to look at qualities not all the video shots. I just picked up the first random vid i could find. When was the last time your saw an arsenal DM make those kind of interceptions barring coquelin who s very good at it but has been trying to @#$%& around with cross field balls he can't play?

Do you not remember arteta and now xhaka and elneny?

Xhaka had 0 attempted tackles in the community shield and he has similar stats every game. Same goes for elneny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 21:07 by CazOnARola.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net