football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Team against BATE - Time to be ruthless and field contract rebels
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 22:28
Sick of Alexis' showboating and Ozil MIA.
Sick of hearing Wilshere being a contract rebel.

Time to field them away from Belarus and to find out their true color.
Will they fight for Arsenal FC or just wanderlust and can't be arsed?

I will field this team to win and rest the core senior players:

.....................................Ospina

..........Chambers.......Mertesacker........Holding

...Maitland-Niles......Elneny...Wilshere......Kolasinac

..........................Ozil................Alexis
....................................Giroud

It will confirm as to whether Ozil and Alexis are willing to play or just go through the motion against BATE.

We don't need Ozil and Alexis to start against Brighton before international break.
Both of them can warm the bench as supersub against Brighton at home.

Re: Team against BATE - Time to be ruthless and field contract rebels
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 23:41
..............Ospina

..........Chambers.......Mertesacker........Holding

This is so bad.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Kalela (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 01:07
Not wanting to play for Wenger is a smart and reasonable decision. They shouldn't be punished for it and they won't be.

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 01:25
They should be. It's called unprofessional behavior. Doesn't matter how bad wenger is

MattySadler (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 07:45
Chambers confirmed not fit to play.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 17:41
Petr Cech, David Ospina, Hector Bellerin, Shkodran Mustafi, Per Mertesacker, Rob Holding, Nacho Monreal, Aaron Ramsey, Granit Xhaka, Jack Wilshere, Mohamed Elneny, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Alexis, Theo Walcott, Alexandre Lacazette, Olivier Giroud and Chuba Akpom were all in pre-match training today, though not all of them traveled.

Youngsters Matt Macey, Josh DaSilva, Joe Willock, Marcus McGuane, Charlie Gilmour, Reiss Nelson, Vlad Dragomir and Eddie Nketiah were also in training. The eight have since traveled with the squad for the game in Belarus.

Expect a starting eleven of senior players with a young bench. Could go something like...

---------------Ospina

-----Mustafi--Mertesacker--Holding

Nelson----Willock--Elneny----Maitland-Niles

---------Wilshere--Walcott

---------------Giroud

Subs: Macey, DaSilva, McGuane, Gilmour, Dragomir, Nketiah, Akpom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/09/2017 17:47 by MattySadler.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 22:38
.....................................Ospina

..........Mustafi.......Mertesacker........Holding

...Nelson......Elneny...Wilshere...... Maitland-Niles

.......................Walcott................Akpom
....................................Giroud

We really have a thin squad.
For the life of me, I can't see any LB other than Monreal or Kolasinac.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 23:12
Wenger has described Charlie Gilmour as "a defender or central midfielder". Odd as, as far as I'm aware, Gilmour has only ever played as a central midfielder in our youth sides.

He compared Romanian Vlad Dragomir to Jack Wilshere in terms of position(s) and style.

He described Marcus McGuane as "a defensive midfielder who can play as a wing back and centre back". I know McGuane has played as a CB for the U23s a bit this season and has done well. A couple of years back McGuane was being touted as one of our greatest prospects. I believe his contract is up at the end of this season, and in the summer he was being linked with the likes of Man United, Juventus and Napoli. Would be good to give him some minutes at some point this season and get him singed up.

Wenger called Josh DaSilva a "left wing back or left centre back". As I've mentioned a few times on here over the last year or so, he started out as a striker before dropping into a attacking/ central midfield role, in the Yaya Toure mould, but last season he also played a bit at left back, whilst he came on at centre back for his senior debut the other day against Doncaster. Based on what little I know, I'd say his best position is as a central midfielder, but it sounds like they like his versatility.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 02:00
Chambers is injured. Likely Holding or Mustafi will play on right of 3 men defence.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 07:45
Quote:
MattySadler
Wenger has described Charlie Gilmour as "a defender or central midfielder". Odd as, as far as I'm aware, Gilmour has only ever played as a central midfielder in our youth sides.

Jeorge Bird says Charlie Gilmour may have played centre back once.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net