football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

GAZIDIS
TonyStark (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 18:12
[metro.co.uk]

my opinion ? Gazidis is the one who I blame the most. Wenger is a fool, who believes he knows best. Gazidis has lied to us all. Broken promises. He was more than capable of insisting Wenger make this window positive. They are nothing but a clown show. Winning is their only hope. A deal with the devil is their hope.

playing Nelson, even Wilshire, Chambers. Nothing to lose. Jack has always shown heart, that's all I want in this club. I've seen enough of Welbeck. Back to THeo at this point.

Re: GAZIDIS
celine dion (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 18:32
Gazidis is a corporate front man, very little else.

If we worked for a company that happened to make its money by tipping radioactive waste into the english channel, he would spend his time

a) making sure nobody found out
b) if they did find out, making it sound like it wasn't what his company was doing at all.
c) making sure his company made a lot of money out of it

There are lots of people like Gazidis in the world. Our mistake was letting them into football, but now they are there, there is very little that can be done.

Shane (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 19:29
I've got no issue with Gazidis, as far as complaining about the team goes. In terms of ticket prices and other such issues, yeah he's one of the men to see about that.

I know there's an idea that Wenger, Gazidis and Kroenke are some three-headed serpent which can't and won't be defeated, but if we're concerned about winning the Premier League then we need only sever the Wenger head.

I don't see how the other two are blocking on-the-field success. As far as Gazidis's public appearances go, well it doesn't matter what he says or doesn't say. He's the enemy. If he blows his nose there'd be fans criticising him for it.

celine dion (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 19:37
Gazidis and Kroenke probably feel Wenger has been given plenty of money to be honest, and if all the rumours coming out of the club are correct then Gazidis is thoroughly sick of Wenger's er, 'idiosynchracies' but if my reading of things are correct, at the end of last season Gazidis wanted Wenger to f*ck off, Kroenke didn't as he is trying to finance various operations in the US sporting arena, so Wenger didnt leave, and as Gazidis has a highly lucrative job at the club, it became his job to justify his extended contract, which is exactly what he did.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 21:04
Quote:
celine dion
Gazidis and Kroenke probably feel Wenger has been given plenty of money to be honest, and if all the rumours coming out of the club are correct then Gazidis is thoroughly sick of Wenger's er, 'idiosynchracies' but if my reading of things are correct, at the end of last season Gazidis wanted Wenger to f*ck off, Kroenke didn't as he is trying to finance various operations in the US sporting arena, so Wenger didnt leave, and as Gazidis has a highly lucrative job at the club, it became his job to justify his extended contract, which is exactly what he did.
Nothing more needs to be said. And there's nothing wrong either. I haven't looked managers criticizing their own players in public and same with any team /corporate s. It would be wrong if he washed dirty linen in public.
One has to show a United front and if that means spouting BS then so be it.

I never cared why arsene said its ideal to have 6 players end of contract blah blah. Press conferences don't win you titles. He can say whatever he wants. I only have a pbm with his BS on the pitch and similarly gazidis s overall handling of the club as he indeed is the CEO of the club.
Same goes for wenger. They can say whatever @#$%& they want in press conferences

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2017 22:58 by CazOnARola.

kudzif01 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 22:14
If rumour is true and Gazidis lost out to Wenger last season in the power struggle then he has no real power to change anything. At Arsenal only two men have true power ie Arsene and Kroenke

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 23:14
The success of Gazidis is really to ask: How much had he grown Arsenal's commercial and matchday revenues?

Not much as compared to Chelski and Liverpool.
Check it out as we are still behind both in terms of commercial revenues growth, and worse, Man City and PSG had both overtaken us.

Ask Wenger: How much did mediocrity on the pitch and no charismatic figure in the squad had cost us, commercial-wise?

A lot as Gazidis can't demand top dollars from sponsors and advertisers with our awful performances on the pitch. No one wanted to be associated with a loser.

Wenger's squad, alone, will easily cost us at least 50-mil to 70-mil this 2017/18 season due to loss of CL Cup revenues, reduced matchday revenues, reduced broadcasting revenues from less matches televised and reduced commercial revenues tie to performance-related on the pitch.

Gazidis had been effectively emasculated by Silent Stan when dealing with Wenger; both of them playing indoor golf inside Gazidis' office with a cup and Gazidis' balls.

Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Sow a thought and you reap an action; sow an act and you reap a habit; sow a habit and you reap a character; sow a character and you reap a destiny"

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 23:30
Quote:
kudzif01
At Arsenal only two men have true power ie Arsene and Kroenke

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

TonyStark (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 02:35
Stan has no idea how to run a PL team. His other teams (hockey,football,basketball,MLS) are equally all bad. He figured he has this genius in Wenger who could do it all for him, well ? so much for that.Is it really all Wenger ? is he in full charge ? I guess so...sadly. You would think he has 2 years to end it all with a championship, so why continue to think he can out wit the rest. a big ego, pompous. My way..

Goofle (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 04:53
Silent Stalin and Chairman Weng.

03 September, 2017 11:19
Gazidis is nothing but a mouth peice. For both us fans and silent Stan.
When we have Gazidis saying the things he does and other share holders saying we have money to spend and also factoring the constant denying of Usmanovs advances to become our majority owner, it makes me think that most of our shareholders are being just as ignored as us fans are.
2 men are responsible for this situation and they are Wenger and Stan.
Gazidis is just being scapegoated.

TonyStark (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 15:23
then, it is just Wenger then. Because Stan in my opinion is letting him run the show.
Gazidis should shut his mouth and not make false promises

SandyB (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 15:27
Gazidis is nobody, just a corporate PR man

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 00:09
After saying he wanted “to give some perspective on the transfer window amid all the hysteria” he said: “At the end of the window, reviewing all activity, we have once again improved the quality and depth of our squad.”
Gazidis sent the round-robin email at 10.18am on Friday claiming the negative reaction to the club’s efforts in the transfer window had been influenced by their “unacceptable” performance at Anfield.
Saying there had been a “lot of noise around the transfer window” he said: “Everything is coloured by results...a positive performance at Liverpool would have coloured this transfer window very differently”

We have had a poor start to the season but have the quality to turn it around and turn around performances and compete for the title. It is time to get back to what it is all about, the football.

“The manager and players know that the performance at Anfield was not good enough and they will be focused to put that right after the international break.”

Gazidis also claims keeping Sanchez and Mesut Ozil - who are both in the final year of their contracts - was “a clear statement of our ambitions and should help refute suggestions we are just about the money. That is simply nonsense.”

[www.dailystar.co.uk]

Superb snake-oil salesman! (Sm64)

Maybe as good as Rocky selling used cars in Miami. (Sm6)

Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Sow a thought and you reap an action; sow an act and you reap a habit; sow a habit and you reap a character; sow a character and you reap a destiny"

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 00:12
Arsenal chairman Sir Chips Keswick has caused uproar amongst disgruntled supporters by stating he prefers racing to football.
It’s not been the best of starts to the season for the Gunners. Following a dramatic 4-3 win over Leicester City – which was littered with defensive mistakes – they lost 1-0 away at Stoke City and then crashed to a heavy 4-0 loss against Liverpool before the international break.

Read more at [www.squawka.com]

... and then we have this pillock of a Chairman, as useful as @#$%& on a boar ..

Bergmars (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 18:10
They are a load of Pollock's arnt they

DB10,the best.

TonyStark (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 18:31
like I said before, he should really just shut up. Thank you, good night. drop mic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net