football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Pires spoke the truth ...
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 16:52
“He needs to inject some youth into his staff, it’s important,” Pires, who has been assisting Wenger with coaching at London Colney since 2016, told RMC.

“He loves his job. No-one can teach him anything, and I won’t.

“But football has changed, the footballers have changed, their behaviour isn’t the same, and football is getting faster and faster.

“Perhaps his entourage and he need to adapt to this new football.

“I don’t want him to leave, but he will have to inject some freshness around him”.

[www.football.london]

Meaning, time for Arsene Wenger to move upstairs' and leave the coaching to a new breed of young coaches with fresh ideas, fresh approach and able to handle a new generation of young players.

Time to ditch Primovac and other dinosaurs surrounding him.

Re: Pires spoke the truth ...
SuperRob (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 17:10
Moving Wenger 'upstairs' is the worst idea I've ever heard. That would be a complete nightmare.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 17:11
Quote:
SuperRob
Moving Wenger 'upstairs' is the worst idea I've ever heard. That would be a complete nightmare.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

SandyB (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 17:15
Quote:
SuperRob
Upstairs means putting a Wenger statue on top of emerates stadium. lol

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 17:43
Quote:
SuperRob
It was a disaster at Man U when they moved Busby upstairs, its a fudge and a waste of time. When he goes it should be as far as possible

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 20:52
Make the status 10 years from now when ppl have forgotten the bad part of his reign, the past 5 years.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 23:05
Quote:
Padre Pio
Quote:
SuperRob
It was a disaster at Man U when they moved Busby upstairs, its a fudge and a waste of time. When he goes it should be as far as possible

That was then, now is now.

In this Era of Multi-Billion TV Rights and 100-million commercial deals, you need an iconic figure upstairs to go global to market and sell Arsenal FC brand.

But all these will come to nought when Silent Stan decided to sell away Arsenal Holdings plc for US$3-billion to finance his US$3-billion Inglewood project in 2020s.

Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Sow a thought and you reap an action; sow an act and you reap a habit; sow a habit and you reap a character; sow a character and you reap a destiny"

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 00:06
When Wenger FINALLY goes, I agree moving him upstairs is the worst thing that could ever happen.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Wenger is happy to work under the Kroenke regime and continue failing on the pitch to turn a profit and at the same time sacrificing any real success as a result.

And don't tell me 'he is working under these restrictions against his will' because everyone and even Wenger himself tells anyone who will listen that he could walk into any other club in the world at any time should he feel like a change.

Putting Wenger alongside those other c.unts Kroenke and Gazidis to continue ruling their disgraceful business model over the next manager would be disastrous.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 11:02
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
SuperRob

We need Wenger totally removing from the club.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Shane (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 15:47
Move him downstairs, like Morgan Freeman in Batman, and let him mess around with the stuff the company doesn't need anymore like the open-top bus and Takuma Asano.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 17:48
Quote:
Shane
Move him downstairs, like Morgan Freeman in Batman, and let him mess around with the stuff the company doesn't need anymore like the open-top bus and Takuma Asano.

DB10,the best.

03 September, 2017 17:52
Quote:
Shane

😂

kudzif01 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 20:43
Injecting youth into staff might work if there was buy in from Arsene, but if he did believe in bringing in new approaches he would have done it long before now. Expecting Arsene to abandon his managerial style this late in the game is wishful thinking.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 20:48
Quote:
Shane

fantastic solution

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 23:49
Au contraile.

I am toying of doing an article that there is still mileage in Arsene Wenger's coaching method.

Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Sow a thought and you reap an action; sow an act and you reap a habit; sow a habit and you reap a character; sow a character and you reap a destiny"

SandyB (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 06:36
Quote:
Merlion96
Au contraile.
I am toying of doing an article that there is still mileage in Arsene Wenger's coaching method.
Don't do it merl, Rings Michels the LKY of world football is dead longtime can't be resurrected grinning smiley

Goofle (IP Logged)
04 September, 2017 09:34
Petit spoke the truth. Find another sport.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 09:04
Wenger won't go upstairs. He'll simply go to another club.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 12:49
Quote:
younghansolo
Wenger won't go upstairs. He'll simply go to another club.

With any luck.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
05 September, 2017 17:11
Nope.
A directorship is waiting for Arsene Wenger to do his stuff globally to market Arsenal FC brand-name.

Mention Arsene Wenger's name to any football fans outside UK, Arsenal FC instantly springs to mind ... an commercial bigwigs are willing to open the door to Arsene Wenger to listen to his presentation on behalf of Arsenal FC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net