football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Sanchez officially throwing the toys out of his pram.
mike was right (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 20:14

Re: Sanchez officially throwing the toys out of his pram.
Ares (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 20:17
could you link to an article from an ethical news source

Goofle (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 21:04
Who cares?

Bergmars (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 21:11
He can @#$%& off as far as I'm concerned @#$%& off with prima Donna footballers.

A shadow of what we were

Shane (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 21:26
Quote:
Ares

And one that wasn't written in July.

01 September, 2017 21:28
Quote:
Ares

[www.arsenalnews.co.uk]

[www.express.co.uk]

They are all saying the same thing.

Goofle (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 21:33
Quote:
Ares

lol those don't exist.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 22:56
The first article is dated 3rd August.
But I can see trouble ahead

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Ares (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 22:58
100% True Story:

Immediately after posting that I was like...

I really should edit that

to

'less disreputable news source'

but that would allow for some element (marginal microscopic element) of decency therin (where there is none)

so ... yeah.

Btw does anyone remember me posting on here sometime like.... last year... and the year before that...

how Sanchez should be sold immediately.

and Cazorla should have been discreetly offered up for sale: Summer 15 to Jan 16.

Leicester (thin squad) would have snapped our hands off for him.

I was laughed at for talking about Leicester's Champions League Project in October 2015, with a side order of; why would you want to sell our best player?

This is where I would say: I told you so and have a little gloat (but I'm not going to do that)

http://www.codingfriends.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/boxmodel.jpeg

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2017 20:47 by Ares.

SandyB (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 23:03
lol Ares, you can't take over DeTimes by saying 'I told ya so' stuff...the anti-Christ way!

Ares (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 23:10
hey, gloating is not cool, we're all friends here.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 23:15
You have left off Headline and by line

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
01 September, 2017 23:59
Most interesting to watch Alexis against Bournemouth then.
Drop form the team due to a mysterious illness?

Plus, Alexis is no more undroppable and Wenger is ruthless enough to drop him from the team and put Alexis in Europa Cup squad.

But my conclusion is that Wenger will still mollycoddle Alexis to persuade him to sign the extension ... and Wenger's hope is that by January 2018 we are still fighting for the tile which 3 points or ahead of the leader ... ideally top of the table to persuade Alexis to sign-on.

SandyB (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 03:21
Quote:
Merlion96
Most interesting to watch Alexis against Bournemouth then.
Drop form the team due to a mysterious illness?

Plus, Alexis is no more undroppable and Wenger is ruthless enough to drop him from the team and put Alexis in Europa Cup squad.

But my conclusion is that Wenger will still mollycoddle Alexis to persuade him to sign the extension ... and Wenger's hope is that by January 2018 we are still fighting for the tile which 3 points or ahead of the leader ... ideally top of the table to persuade Alexis to sign-on.

lol, merl, imagine Wenger dropping £60m Sanchez n £50m Laca on the bench that's 110m bench just 2 players.

Flava (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 07:28
Those credible reports came from goal.com. Sanchez will be disappointed but he'll give his all. He may even sign s massive deal on the agreement we can sell him next summer

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 12:12
This is imo Wenger's way to show that players must honour their contracts just like he honours his own. Even at the risk of losing them for nothing. Very expensive way to live out his idealism but it looks like he sold the idea to Silent Stan. I think it will come back to bite him when not only we dont win the league, we end up worse than last season's placement. At that time, he will say he made a mistake keeping players who dont want to stay. Just like when he admitted his mistake in his own contract saga last season by acknowledging his situation created unrest with the players resulting in a poor season.

02 September, 2017 19:37
I think the whole situation is a farce of epic proportions. Both parties suck. One for letting a player get to the last year of his contract with renegotiation ages back, and the player who signed a contract in the first place, who is too spoiled to honor said agreement. Once the vast sums of money started creeping into the game the writing was on the wall for the game. Businessmen and mercenaries is all it is now.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
02 September, 2017 20:05
@#$%& off you @#$%&. Rot on the bench. What an ass

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 22:32
Alexis is getting injury-prone like Michael Owen from over-using his quick muscles and hamstring.
Even a 29-year-old Henry was getting injury-prone at that age.

Doubt Abu Dhabi City, PSG and a host of clubs are willing to sign an injury-prone 29-year-old Alexis in January when WC2018 in July and plenty of disruptions in 2nd half of season in 2018.

Alexis will continue to sulk and stop running like a Duracell Bunny for Arsenal FC. He is only human when his heart, mind and body simply cannot raise up to play for a team he is no longer interested in.

Look at those disinterested students who hate the subjects they are forced to attend.
Look at those disgruntled employees serving out their resignation notice. That is Alexis serving out his 12-month resignation notice.

When you go home, tell them of us and say
For their tomorrow, we gave our today.
John Maxwell Edmonds

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
03 September, 2017 22:48
Sanchez takes to social media 

On Sunday, he finally broke his silence and voiced his frustration by posting a series of quotes, which he's since deleted. Luckily, they've been brought to our attention by Goal.
“When the world reminds you of your defeats, remind them of your unforgettable victories," the first read.

“A winner is just a loser who tries more than once," added the second.

The third: “What you do matters, but the reason you do it matters much more.”

And finally, he reflected: “You will realise that what today seems like a sacrifice, will end up being the greatest achievement of your life.”

We've all got those friends on social media who feel the need to post these little snippets of inspiration, but it's left fans wondering exactly what he was talking about.

His transfer misery was compounded by Chile's 3-0 home defeat to Paraguay in a World Cup qualifier, so, all in all, it's been a pretty tough week for the forward.

All Arsenal ask of him now is that he remains "100% committed" as Arsene Wenger said he would for the remainder of the season, by which time he'll be able to walk out of the Emirates on a free.

[www.givemesport.com]

He injured his ankle and will be coming back late and the best will be that Alexis will be on the bench this weekend.

Psychologically, it will be a grave error in judgement to play Alexis this weekend.
Give him time to recover physically and mentally and start him the next weekend.

Fans will certainly turn against him at Emirates if their perception is that he is not trying.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net