football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Why are we just accepting Sanchez staying and leaving for nothing.
younghansolo (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 12:08
I'm not sure if I mean "we" the fans or "we" the club.

Either way, I think it's an absolute disgrace as Didier Drogba would have said. It's yet another embarrassment that makes us all look like idiots. Wenger, being stubborn, may think this makes him look strong to the outside world and his players but it's actually the opposite.

Let me explain.

We are not so rich that we can afford to lose £50m plus without noticing it, especially as we will require at least that to replace him. Nor are we a great ambitious prospect capable of possibly convincing a player who has already made his mind up.

So essentially, in January when Sanchez' agent announces his move to Manchester City, we will have to swallow the pain and utter embarrassment that we could have sold him already for a profit and moved on.

Furthermore, that deal is already done. All this talk about him potentially starting talking in January is laughable, his management team will have already arranged the terms in place for a free transfer. So why keep him? Because we get half a season with him?

Well. no. We don't.

He's already checked out, and when we sent doctors to his house to see if he really had the flu (and then was training two days later,) it was pretty clear that he was doing everything he could to leave. I mean, would Tony Adams do this? Would Dennis Bergkamp? Thierry Henry? I'm not sure if that says more about the modern game, the modern footballer or just our pathetic Swedish style EDUCARE methodology.

My question is this? Why did Wenger decide to do this now? Why did he not fight so hard to keep Cesc, or Van Persie? Or Henry? Or Nasri? It makes no sense, and naturally fans are dubious.

Sanchez is like a kid on skittles, he runs around a lot and he makes a lot of noise but there are replacements available. Us choosing to sit out the opportunity to sell him in a market which is more inflated than it ever will be, is genuinely a joke. A joke at the fans expense yet again.

Re: Why are we just accepting Sanchez staying and leaving for nothing.
SandyB (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 13:41
You sell him is a joke don't sell him also will be joke. He doesn't owe a living to Arsenal. A simple fact is you can't keep world class players with you if you don't win things they can show off. As I said 100 times here one night stand things like FA cup or preseason community cup doesn't count anything to brag about for world class players.
Do you think Ozil will ever like to talk about FA cup when he's world cup winner? Do you think Alexis would like to talk about Community cup when he's twice Copa winner?
They don't give a shi.t of these stuff, they want to win big n Wenger has no ambition except go out defeated every season then come back with false dawn next season. Players like Sanchez understands the game.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 14:02
I agree with a lot of that. But Sanchez has regularly gone missing in the big games in the CL and in the league so he can't have it both ways. But I agree his ambition is much greater than Arsene Wenger's.

The problem with modern football is that players only want to win the league or CL every season and rarely does the same team win both each season. As soon as they don't win they kick their toys out and cry.It's selfish greed, and players don't play for their cub anymore they play for their own personal glory and money. It's disgusting.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 14:36
[www.independent.co.uk]

Snap their hands off!

SandyB (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 17:40
This is how modern day football players are only loyal to the NT football wise otherwise it's all about money n glory.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 18:44
Wenger is that arrogant he thinks he can get away with letting Alexis enter into the final year of his contract because he thinks the pull of playing for him is sooooo great Alexis and co will all renew before Christmas. He needs to get real. Doesn't matter how good Alexis is or isn't, he is going to leave us, if not this summer or this coming January, then next June.

If we're offered anything over £40 mill I'd sell while we can and get it reinvested back in the team, otherwise we're just going to lose Alexis for free, possibly to a Premier League rival.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
08 August, 2017 22:28
Quote:
younghansolo
I'm not sure if I mean "we" the fans or "we" the club.
Either way, I think it's an absolute disgrace as Didier Drogba would have said. It's yet another embarrassment that makes us all look like idiots. Wenger, being stubborn, may think this makes him look strong to the outside world and his players but it's actually the opposite.

Let me explain.

We are not so rich that we can afford to lose £50m plus without noticing it, especially as we will require at least that to replace him. Nor are we a great ambitious prospect capable of possibly convincing a player who has already made his mind up.

So essentially, in January when Sanchez' agent announces his move to Manchester City, we will have to swallow the pain and utter embarrassment that we could have sold him already for a profit and moved on.

Furthermore, that deal is already done. All this talk about him potentially starting talking in January is laughable, his management team will have already arranged the terms in place for a free transfer. So why keep him? Because we get half a season with him?

Well. no. We don't.

He's already checked out, and when we sent doctors to his house to see if he really had the flu (and then was training two days later,) it was pretty clear that he was doing everything he could to leave. I mean, would Tony Adams do this? Would Dennis Bergkamp? Thierry Henry? I'm not sure if that says more about the modern game, the modern footballer or just our pathetic Swedish style EDUCARE methodology.

My question is this? Why did Wenger decide to do this now? Why did he not fight so hard to keep Cesc, or Van Persie? Or Henry? Or Nasri? It makes no sense, and naturally fans are dubious.

Sanchez is like a kid on skittles, he runs around a lot and he makes a lot of noise but there are replacements available. Us choosing to sit out the opportunity to sell him in a market which is more inflated than it ever will be, is genuinely a joke. A joke at the fans expense yet again.

Gazidis vowed: "We will never sell Van Persie at any price."

Alexis "at any price" is £80m.

31 August is 22 days away ... plenty of time to get "any price" bid.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 03:44
More Boardroom drama to come.

It will force Guardiola or Conte to up their bid to £80 million to sign Alexis by 31 August.

TOP STORY: PSG to step up Sanchez pursuit

Arsene Wenger has reiterated the line that Alexis Sanchez is not for sale throughout the summer, but the Independent reports that Paris Saint-Germain will make a staggering move in excess of £80 million, just weeks after smashing the world record in a £200 million move for Neymar.

The Ligue 1 giants remain in the market for a striker and are continuing to monitor Kylian Mbappe, but Sanchez remains a top target.
The Chilean is believed to be prepared to stay after the Gunners' determination to keep him, despite just one year remaining on his deal.

After recently knocking back a new deal worth £250,000 per week to extend his stay at the Emirates, PSG would offer £400,000 per week in a bid to persuade Sanchez to opt for them over Manchester City. But Sanchez's desire to work with Pep Guardiola is such that City are believed to be able to agree to terms short of the Gunners' new contract offer.

[www.espnfc.co.uk]

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 04:43
It depends on how to look at it. Pep is under the same if not more pressure, hence his pursuit of sanchez. Keep sanchez away from them, and if he doesn't win this year and mourinho wins the league, pep might get fired.
He couldn't win ucl with bayern inspite of 0 competition and a plethora of star players he could rest domestically.

And its been said many times, we sold cause we needed the money. Now we don't. We cant keep citing the suarez e. g. And then say why aren't we selling sanchez.

If we don't sell sanchez, it keeps him off the hands of direct rivals for another year.
So who knows, if he has a blazing seasion, madrid barca might come calling next year.
Pep might have been fired for not winning the league and he may decide not to join city. Psg might win ucl and offer sanchez 450k a week.

There is no way i d sell him to city chelsea united.

I myself don't believe in arsene anymore, but let's not talk about rvp when money wise the club is in a different situation compared to back then

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2017 06:59 by CazOnARola.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 07:01
But i want arsene to be hard on him if he didn't perform. If he keeps hogging the ball, bench him. He cannot be allowed to play for himself.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 07:07
If PSG offer 80 we should take it as long as we invest in the squad

A shadow of what we were

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 08:37
After December he can go where he wants, no doubt it will be city

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 09:03
Quote:
CazOnARola
It depends on how to look at it. Pep is under the same if not more pressure, hence his pursuit of sanchez. Keep sanchez away from them, and if he doesn't win this year and mourinho wins the league, pep might get fired.
He couldn't win ucl with bayern inspite of 0 competition and a plethora of star players he could rest domestically.

And its been said many times, we sold cause we needed the money. Now we don't. We cant keep citing the suarez e. g. And then say why aren't we selling sanchez.

If we don't sell sanchez, it keeps him off the hands of direct rivals for another year.
So who knows, if he has a blazing seasion, madrid barca might come calling next year.
Pep might have been fired for not winning the league and he may decide not to join city. Psg might win ucl and offer sanchez 450k a week.

There is no way i d sell him to city chelsea united.

I myself don't believe in arsene anymore, but let's not talk about rvp when money wise the club is in a different situation compared to back then

It is not logical to keep from Aug to December when his very presence will disrupt the squad and sow disharmony in the dressing room.

Remember his behavior towards the end of the season?

You know my feeling when I wanted home sold last season due to his prima donna behavior, selfishness, not a team player and disrupt team-play on the pitch.

The 3 titles that Wenger won is of the special togetherness of the squad rather than any individual brilliance like Maradona that won the WC1986.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 10:35
Quote:
younghansolo

Because once he finally missed out on the sacred 4th place trophy, he has to do everything in his power to get back in the CL ... because that is what his whole existence has been about for well over a decade now since we do not challenge for any actual major trophies anymore under Wenger.

He has been preaching for over a decade now of how he is some sort of messiah for finishing 4th every season and now he hasn't .... needs to do everything and keep anyone possible who will achieve the greatness of finishing 4th again.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 10:38
That is his KPI for 2017/18 season.
Out of CL Cup for 2018/19 season, he is branded a failure and he "promised" to leave if he cannot bring Arsenal FC to the next level.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 10:41
I'd prefer a player swap with PSG rather than £80m. Rabiot and Draxler would be a good deal for us. Don't think Sanchez is worth that much but the Qatari owners want big name superstars so they might agree to something crazy to get him.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
09 August, 2017 11:29
That's why i did bench him if he doesn't play for the team. Sell him abroad but not to direct rival. It's going to be a struggle to get into a top 4 anyway. Lets not make it easy for pep to win the league. I don't care about the 50mn. Considering the inflation and tv money, it is no didn't from 25mn for rvp. No way should we still to city, United or chelsea

Lewis_198four (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 20:46
We've had four years out of him.
Keep him win the league and he can go.
We'll got money from all that wood we've got in the shop.

AFC
RULE!

Bergmars (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 21:49
Quote:
SuperRob
I'd prefer a player swap with PSG rather than £80m. Rabiot and Draxler would be a good deal for us. Don't think Sanchez is worth that much but the Qatari owners want big name superstars so they might agree to something crazy to get him.
Agreed

A shadow of what we were

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net