football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Wenger's latest dribble
BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 15:31
So the spin doctor that is Arsene Wenger has come out with some classic dribble today: Apparently letting players contracts run down is the ‘ideal’ scenario to be in.

It did make me chuckle. Wenger is claiming some managerial master stroke here in that he is the only ‘top’ manager apparently not stupid enough to get players signed up to long term deals and risk losing them on a free transfer.

Obviously nothing to do with him being the only manager in the world at a top club who fails to manage the players contracts effectively. Meaning we constantly find ourselves in this predicament with our top players holding us to ransom and inevitably leaving .

But this is now …. Ideal.

Look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, in the eyes. 3 … 2 … 1 you’re under.

No matter how much I continuously f.uck up, you will believe my mismanagement and complete incompetence as a positive thing, 3 … 2 … 1 you’re back in the room.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Re: Wenger's latest dribble
sinpa01 (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 16:00
LOL so true mate!

SandyB (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 16:06
But what actually he said? Unless someone puts it here, I'm not gonna google........not gonna google.....

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 16:19
Wenger on why it’s ‘ideal’ that players have less than 12 months left
By arseblog -July 30, 2017

Arsene Wenger has rather bizarrely claimed that players being in the final year of their contracts is an ‘ideal’ situation, as it means they have to maintain high standards to either get a new deal with their current clubs, or a move to somewhere they fancy.

Arsenal have yet to sort out the contractual situations of Mesut Ozil, Alexis Sanchez and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, while Kieran Gibbs, Jack Wilshere and Carl Jenkinson are all into the final 12 months of their current deals.

Asked if he viewed this as an issue, the manager said, “No. It’s an ideal situation, because everybody has to perform.”

In fact, the 67 year old believes that the ever-increasing transfer fees will see this become much more prevalent at all clubs over the coming years.

“I think in the future to me you will see that more and more – players going to the end of their contracts” he said.

“Because the transfers become so high even for normal players that you will see more and more players going to the end of their contract because nobody will want to pay the amount of money that is demanded.

“And I am convinced that in the next 10 years, that will become usual.”

We’ll see, he may well be right, but it doesn’t really address our short-term issues right now.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/07/2017 17:44 by Optimistic Gunner.

SandyB (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 16:43
I think he's spot on, that justifies why so many of his players are on wage bill for years without any takers even if allowed to go on free transfer all of them remain highly committed to their contracts till the last day. (Sm6)

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 16:43
“I think in the future to me you will see that more and more – players going to the end of their contracts” he said.

“Because the transfers become so high even for normal players that you will see more and more players going to the end of their contract because nobody will want to pay the amount of money that is demanded.

“And I am convinced that in the next 10 years, that will become usual.”

He’s basically saying he’s way ahead of the game in that other managers will soon wise up and follow his lead by opting for this revolutionary negligent and incompetent management style instead of keeping on top of player contracts.

It’s so contradictory in itself, as per most of the garbage that Wenger spews. Surely with transfer fees becoming so high, there is all the more necessity to make sure you are on top of player contracts, i.e. you do not want to lose them for nothing and have to pay the huge prices to replace them.

What a bell end he is.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Bergmars (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 17:08
Just when you think it can't get any worse

DB10,the best.

tony ronson (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 17:29
You guys have no clue. It is a genius move to let your best players run down their contract so they walk on a free. This is the future of football, and Wenger is miles ahead of the pack. His genius lies in signing really average center forwards for about 30 million more than their value, and by doing so, let them run their contract down as nobody else will want them anyway because they are c,rap. Hang on, what's going on, I'm not De Times...what's happening to me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/07/2017 17:34 by tony ronson.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 18:22
I would love to borrow this crystal ball Wenger likes to use to tell us the future of football.

After all he got how financial fair play would drastically change the game spot on .....

At least as a result of his FFP premonition, nobody is spending ridiculous money nowadays anyway .....

Oh wait that was to justify his lack of spending argument back then, now its that the spending is so big the ideal scenario is to let our players run they're contracts down and leave for free.

Or something like that anyway, babblefish.com doesn't have translation from Wengerese to English yet as its still to hard to understand.

Revolutionary this man I tell you. Soon people will stop getting Che Guevara tattoos and replace them with Wenger.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 19:58
How were the journalists not p*ssing themselves when he spouts this balloon juice

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 20:19
This is unbelievable

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 20:34
Quote:
CazOnARola
This is unbelievable
Oh no it's not

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Flava (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 22:23
His reading of the transfer market in the last 10 years doesn't inspire confidence.

He should f.uck off and he can take Kroenke with him.

SandyB (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 00:14
Guys, get some grip, he ran down his own contract then rewarded with 2 years of new deal for finishing 5th. Mind you, he has absolutely no fuc.king takers anywhere in the world.
What else you expect him to say about players who has multiple options elsewhere?? If he runs his mouth about those players they will ask him fuc.k you what did you do?

Bergmars (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 05:09
No one seemingly want's Ozil we are stuck with him

DB10,the best.

Flava (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 06:55
Surely that's not a bad thing Bergmard

MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 07:01
It isn't the worst thing in the world no but its just funny Alexis apparently has a lot of suitors and there isn't a single one being linked with Ozil. It means Alexis will eventually go and Ozil will benefit as we'll be able to offer him more money.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 08:48
Don't dislike Ozil needs to up his involvement though my point was for such an high profile player no one else wants him.

DB10,the best.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 10:28
He's a pure nos 10. He didn't fit into the elite clubs system. Teams like Chelsea and Liverpool play with number 10 s that press teams. Teams like real and barca and bayern already have front 3s that are focused on the attacking third. City has de bruyne. Also teams doubt play with a pure 10 anymore . Plus there are many players who are close to his abilities even if he is better than them in passing, the real dearth today is the absolutely front and back. Very few top class strikers and defenders out there right now. So that's where ppl spend

SandyB (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 21:34
Quote:
Bergmars
No one seemingly want's Ozil we are stuck with him
Stunning, Neymar's Euro 222m transfer from take the money Barca to PSG could trigger some serious domino effect transfers which we never know.
Looks like if Barca bags 222m their imminent target is Coutinho but Liverpool isn't going to let him go anything less than 100m considering his age n number of years contract left. Might be a de ja vu for Ozil who has only one year left on his contract n could be a perfect pass master for Messi n Suarez. Sanchez might have to see through the winter with Wenger where as Ozil might get his fortune shining once again..Who knows??

SuperRob (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 14:06
We should go for draxler and or rabiot if psg need to sell some players.

SandyB (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 18:51

De Times (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 23:11
Why should we go for players who couldn't cut it at a team we're better than?

"A club is a union between players, supporters and directors". - Wenger.
Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net