football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

What is the point of keeping Sanchez?
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 22:35
Wenger is up to his usual tricks pretending Sanchez will stay, he knows he is not staying, just like Fabregas.
Sanchez is now on strike or the pretend flue, the bloke hasnt even rejoined training yet, and clearly doesnt want to.
So Sanchez will go and Wenger will pretend he fought to keep him.
Identical to the Fabregas sham

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Re: What is the point of keeping Sanchez?
SandyB (IP Logged)
28 July, 2017 23:54
No world class player wants to stay or play for a fifth place team. Sanchez knows for a fact the ambition of the club the day they rewarded a new contract to Wenger.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 00:25
I agree Sandy. A 5th place team took out a full page ad in the Evening Standard today to advertise tickets for the Mickey Mouse Cup at the Emirates, reduced to behaving like West Ham or Totts.

As I posted Wenger knows Sanchez is going but is playing games to save his face, Ozil will follow next year for a big pay day elsewhere

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 08:28
Wenger is that delusional he probably feels he is a big enough pull to keep Alexis here this summer and get him signed up before Christmas.

We'd be better off selling Alexis now.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 10:29
Yes, it will be a waste of 40 million that could be spent on getting a replacement, the bloke is not going to pull his weight

Bergmars (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 11:37
Do you trust the club to spend the money

DB10,the best.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 11:53
Just negotiation ploy to get the highest selling price.

Wenger said before: "I will not keep a player who refuses to play for Arsenal".

Alexis will be sold to Abu Dhabi City once a replacement like Lemar is signed.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 13:32
Where is he going to go though? Bayern, psg and Madrid are out. The options are running out

Ichigo (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 13:52
Sanchez, you freaking moron, come clean and tell us what's really going on your head.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 15:59
Quote:
Bergmars
Do you trust the club to spend the money

No of course not, but I'd still rather not have him hanging around like a moody teenage girl thinking he's bigger than the club.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 16:32
Where will he play at City who will he replace.

DB10,the best.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 16:37
Dunno.

SandyB (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 17:57
Guys, Alexis will be the biggest star in City, there is no established player better than him in city now. He's now in next bracket to Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Suarez et al..
But I think Wenger has a plan about him, Wenger wants to keep him till December n by that time if Arsenal falls behind in title race then will let him go in January taking 15-20m whatever he can get instead of 45-50m now. In the meantime Alexis isn't going to play a single Europa game to preserve his value for participating in knockout stage of CL.
This is clearly taking chance with him just in case Arsenal sits top of the league in December then they will throw away the transfer money entirely.
Now Sanchez understands Wenger's plan so he isn't going to showup till end of august in any game to force him to sell to city or whichever team he wants to go. Basically it's the trade off between keeping him for 3 to 4 months extra with 30-35m. Either way, Wenger is fuc.ked...

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 19:59
Pretty barmy plan, blow 20 mill for 3 months of playing

Bergmars (IP Logged)
29 July, 2017 21:39
I ask again who would he replace,Sane,De Bruyne,Jesus,Aguero not for me.

DB10,the best.

SandyB (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 01:15
Quote:
Bergmars
lol, better than all of them. Aguero doesn't even get into his NT where as Sanchez is now the 4th biggest player of the continent.

30 July, 2017 04:01
There is no point too keeping Alexis!

If he doesn't want to be a gooner then that's his choice!
We can't force him to love our club.

We just have to show him we appreciate him as fans.

If I was Wenger I would try my hardest too keep Alexis, but Arsenal fans know what's happening. Behind closed doors. I want people to just be truthful with us.

It's Wengers fault.

Wenger needs a swift 12 gauge blast too the back of the head.

If you want to play with us we will happily come along!
But ignore the truth then u will b punished mr wenger.

But

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 11:18
Could you please shorten your user name for use on posting new threads as it is distorting the home page. It seems to work ok on replies but not on a new post. I have sent a message to your PM box on the site

Bergmars (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 14:07
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
Bergmars
lol, better than all of them. Aguero doesn't even get into his NT where as Sanchez is now the 4th biggest player of the continent.
Your opinion which I respect but I wouldn't swap any of them for him.

DB10,the best.

SandyB (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 15:36
Quote:
Bergmars
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
Bergmars
Your opinion which I respect but I wouldn't swap any of them for him.

Can't be just my opinion, Arsenal offered him 300k a week, city is offering him 400k a week that's the highest wage earner for both the team.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 17:47
Frankly money means nothing in the immoral arena of football but I didn't say it was only your opinion mine is the opposite whether he leaves or stays I'm not bothered

DB10,the best.

SandyB (IP Logged)
30 July, 2017 18:57
Agreed, I don't bother too but he has proven track record winning multiple major trophies for this previous club n country so no one can take things away from him. The guy is a winner...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net