football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Is losing £100-mil worth it to win the title?
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 21:49
Assuming Wenger retained Alexis and Ozil and willing to lose £100-mil in transfer fees to regain Top-4 next season; and with a great chance to win the title.

I think he will do it with Silent Stan's blessing ... perhaps one of the reasons why he extended his contract with Arsenal.

Alternatively, the "Cashley Cole" solution.

Extend the contract for one year, fixed the buy-out clause and you can leave for the club of your choice in summer 2018.

Re: Is losing £100-mil worth it to win the title?
Moax25-04-04 (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 22:24
It's not the Cashly Cole situation though.

We couldn't afford Cole, we can afford Sanchez. If Sanchez wants to stay or not is a different matter.

Ozil isn't going anywhere, he likes Arsenal. He is a good player as well, he was better than Sanchez last season, it's just he is lazy. He needs to stop that.

If we play to our strikers strengths we can score bags of goals.

Giroud
Lacazette

Big man - small man, 442/3412at the back brilliant for counter attacking. Hoof it to Giroud, he nods it down to ozil (wingers bang forward) OZIL threads it too lacazette who the runs with the ball into the box or around the box, either passes to a winger for a cross to Giroud or takes a shot on goal him self.

433 Wenger ball. Play from the back, Xhaka and Ramsey doing what Vieira (did on his own) with ozil playing as bergkamp and laca as Henry and our wingers cutting in if fist man with ball against the back four or staying wide if receiving the ball late.

4231 park the bus. Revert too a back 4, bring Coquelin on for ozil, put Ramsey in the 10 role but tell him to hold the ball and think about winning rather than scoring (hopefully cazorla but I'm being realistic) and smash welbeck up front, we don't need him to score if he is only playing when we are already winning.

EDIT: by last season I mean 15/16 not last season, my bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/07/2017 22:39 by Moax25-04-04.

SandyB (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 05:59
LOL. merl, you still dream of winning title under Arsene Wenger! He'll fight his last battle to win back the Wenger cup, game on.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 07:33
Wenger wouldn't win the title now even if we had the best players from Madrid, Barca, Baryern, Juve, Chelsea, City, etc.. playing for us.

Alexis and Ozil isn't gonna make any difference as long Wenger is still in charge.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 08:58
To answer the question yes we can afford. What is the prize money for winning the league league? That will make up half of that money

Goofle (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 23:55
AWe could have Messi and still finish 4th.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 01:52
Sanchez has come out in the open about wanting to leave anyway so looks like he will be sold

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
16 July, 2017 20:59
A sneaking feeling that Lacazette is Alexis' replacement?

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
17 July, 2017 07:43
Thsts a horrible replacement. Not to be judging quickly, but against wsw he ^showing the same signs of losing possession that he shows in his youtube vids. He is good at finishing but i think its going to go the podolski way rather than the van persie way

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 04:47
If Wenger intended to keep Giroud, the only way is to stick Lacazette wide on the left with Ozil on the right.

....................................Cech

............Mustafi............Mertesacker........Holding ...... (Koscielny suspended)

...Bellerin...........Ramsey............Xhaka................Kolansic

.............Ozil................Giroud.................Lacazette

There is no space for OX and Walcott as starter.

If Wenger should buy Lemar, more reason for Walcott and OX to leave as their playing hours will be severely limited.

If Wenger refuses to sell Walcott and OX, it meant that he is forming Arsenal A and Arsenal B; with B Team playing in Europe and domestic cup competitions.

A Team will focus on winning the team.

I can't see Alexis signing on and he is most desperate to leave Arsenal now.

Ozil?
He is playing a waiting game and prefer to leave on a Bosman in summer 2018.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 08:22
Walcott isn't a starter end of.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Goofle (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 13:55
Monreal would obviously either play LWB or LCB.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 04:47
Ox might start ahead of bellerin in case wenger still wants to continue him at RWB. And yes monreal at LCB. Wenger likes him there. Mertesacker might not start

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net