football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Lacazette's First goal for Arsenal video.
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 09:31

Re: Lacazette's First goal for Arsenal video.
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 14:26
Very foggy

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Moax25-04-04 (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 20:28
It wasn't a pressure game but to lacazette baggin his first goal in new team will feel like a small weight has been lifted.
If he failed to score a goal all pre season going in to the Leicester game the pressure would be immense.

Don't get me wrong, the pressure will still be on in the Leicester game but getting off to a good start should free his mind a little bit. Especially with the fact he is our most expensive player ever.

Also that's a great goal, Arron Ramsey is the only player to score goals (take shots) like that in recent years so it's great we now have a striker who will do it.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 21:55
You are spot on about his run into space. Only players who do that well are ramsey and ozil and this guy looks like he def has that. Only thing I've observed is that he does get dispossessed now and then when hounded by defenders, but he also is better linking up quickly around the box.
The players in the arsenal team that he will enjoy linking up most with are ozil, iwobi and monreal.
These guys release the ball quicker than almost all other arsenal players and lacazette is similar that way.

Moax25-04-04 (IP Logged)
14 July, 2017 23:09
I've not see a lot of him if I'm being honest, only youtube videos.

If he is getting disposed easily in the French league I do worry about his strength in the PL. That's something we will have to watch. But training with players like Xhaka and kolasniac I'm confident he will toughen up.

Only time will tell but I'm confident he will score goals.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net