football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Ozil hopes Sanchez stays
younghansolo (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 11:17
‘I hope Alexis stays but I don’t know what the status is to be perfectly honest,’ said the Germany international.
‘But I value him a lot as a player and he’s very well-suited to the game Arsenal play.

‘From a personal view I would really appreciate it if he stays. However, it’s the player’s decision after all and there’s not much more I can comment on that.
‘It would hit the team quite hard if he left because he’s a player who always delivers. It would be a setback to winning the title but in the end, it’s the player’s decision.’

Source: Metro.

Sounds to me like nobody wants Ozil so he will see out his contract and walk on a free. I suspect we may try and tout him around though unless we're stupid enough to believe he may sign on. I still remember the bitter taste I had when Flamini left like that.

As for Sanchez? Well lots of comments from us saying that he will be held to his contract. But I will believe that when I see it. Wenger said the exact same thing about Nasri and Fabregas then sold them both weeks later and claimed he never said it.

On one hand, Wenger surely can't lie so openly to the fans (again) given his tenuous relationship with them. On the other though, what has he got to lose?

I still hod the opinion that Arsenal will be at best No worse off next season. At worst, we could be significantly weaker. I'd like to be wrong, but that shop called Faith has long set sail.

Re: Ozil hopes Sanchez stays
Blaine (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 14:18
I thought Ozil was leaving too. Personally I don't care if either of them stay or leave!

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 23:01
Whatever people think of him losing Sanchez would be a massive blow for us.

We simply will not sign anyone near as good as him.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Ichigo (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 04:57
With the Sanchez saga we need to be a bit strategic and play hard ball with city. For instance we can demand a player exchange to be included in the deal. Someone in the caliber of Aguero. If they refuse we can tell them to @#$%& off. It's possible to even lure Sanchez into signing a new contract with us, if we can include some conditions like set a release clause in the range of £90 million (for EPL clubs) and a bit lower for other clubs (maybe £80 million). If we are resigned to loose him £80-90 million for a 30 year old is pretty damn good in my books. Another condition could be if we fail to qualify for UCL we will listen to offers in the range of £50 million, but do not necessarily have to sell. Then we can go on and invest in a emerging superstar player like Mbappe.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 07:06
Sanchez is not going to sign another contract. In the absence of a transfer fee, he can command a big salary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/07/2017 07:06 by CazOnARola.

SandyB (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 13:34
There is nothing much hardball to play other than either take 50-60m and run or don't take the money n let him run out his contract. Proper football clubs take the 2nd option but as you all know....
Aguero isn't gonna touch Arsene even with a barge pole.

Goofle (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 16:23
Why the hell would we want fatty Aguero? If Alexis goes we sign Lemar. Simple solution and potentially a better team.

SandyB (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 20:39
Quote:
If Alexis goes we sign Lemar. Simple solution and potentially a better team.
Who??

Flava (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 09:55
The Özil and Sanchez contracts have been poorly managed. Perhaps Özil should sign his contract before he starts talking about Sanchez.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
15 July, 2017 10:03
I think ozil will sign only after Tanager window closes. A lot of these players have hidden (hidden from us) terms where their ways need to be only x% less than/ equal to the highest paid player at the club.
Ramsey /theo etc have that as well.
Once at know the salary of our highest paid player, whoever that is, ozil will sign.
If it's laca, ozil will probably stay at 275 that offered to him. If for e.g. We give sanchez 350, ozil s wages also stand to increase as well as some of the others who have these things already in their contracts.

This happens at a lot of clubs. Which is why bayern probably stayed away from sanchez. Signing him on those wages would have opened up a lot of contact talks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net