football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

OX or Bellerin as right wingback?
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 21:41
Bellerin has a long-term contract till 2023 and Wenger will not sell him this summer.
Next summer?
Maybe if he behaves like Fabregas WC2010 after being tapped by Barca players at WC2018.

OX?
He may be eyeing a lucrative summer 2018 Bosman move by staying put to rundown his contract.
But it can mean that Wenger will put him into the Reserves and on the bench to play in Europa Cup, Tin Cup and FA Cup.
This means his chance of making into England WC2018 squad is severely diminished.

I will rather keep Bellerin who is a better and a more consistent RB than OX.

With Maitland-Niles and Chambers and Mustafi as back-up wingback, Wenger will need to sell either Bellerin or OX and cannot keep both happy as they desperately need games to make it into WC2018 Spain or England squad.

A dilemma and how will Wenger keeps both of them happy?

Re: OX or Bellerin as right wingback?
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 22:50
In a back 3 formation, if Bellerin is playing the right side of the back 3, I will pick Ox for the right wing back role. If one of Gabriel or Holding or Chambers is playing on the right side of the back 3, I would still go for Ox as the wing back. Bellerin lacks the offensive threat that is posed by Ox with Ox's tight ball control, dribbling, ability to get pass his opponents, more accurate crosser of the ball and ability to shoot from distance. Bellerin might still develop to be stronger than Ox in all those areas but for now, I will take Ox over Bellerin at right wing back.

Goofle (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 00:41
Bellerin obviously.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 02:04
If Barcelona pays 40 million, I say sell him.

Goofle (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 13:16
They wouldn't.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 21:08
They paid 34 for cesc. They always ask the players to force the move and push other clubs out of contention.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net