football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Gnabry...
SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 18:03
Just signed for Bayern Munich. Expected to fill in the shoes lef by aging Robben/Ribery.

Astonished on how he was allowed to leave and never played while players such as Walcott continue here after a decade.

Re: Gnabry...
CazOnARola (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 03:15
I had both hopes from him. Really intelligent for his age when he started playing for the first team then sorry of faced away. He could shoot with both feet as well. I was expecting him to be the technical winger that wenger loves so much like nasri, pires. Good luck to the kid

MattySadler (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 06:17
I'll bash Wenger for a lot of things but I can't have him TOO much for Gnabry.

Wenger gave him a crack in the first team during the 2013-14 season and Gnabry did well and emerged as a great prospect, but then he picked up that mysterious knee injury and was out for the best part of a year. He returned from injury towards the end of the 2014-15 season, we got him fit again and sent him out the following season for some first team football at West Brom.

For whatever reason, Pulis just really didn't fancy him and said he "wasn't at the level to play games". He wasn't clear about whether he was referring to Gnabry's level of ability or level of fitness, but he did say that he hadn't played much league football. We recalled him in January, got him fit again and were ready for him to have a crack this season. Completely out of the blue, he was called up to Germany's Olympics squad and had an absolute blinder, finishing as joint-top scorer and winning a Silver medal.

We had Gnabry involved with our first team for pre-season and wanted to extend his contract, but Werder started sniffing about, and with his contract due to expire at the end of this season, it was a case of get £5 million now or potentially lose him for free to Werder/ Bayern at the end of the season.

It is a real shame because I liked Gnabry a lot, and I'd much rather have him in-and-around our first team than a Lucas or a Joel Campbell. The one thing I can really criticise us for is sending him out on loan to West Brom without negotiating a contract extension first (Arsenal acting sloppily with player's contracts, there's a surprise). Had we negotiated an additional year or two first we would've been protected, but for some reason that just isn't how we work.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 12:08
Shambolic yet again Wenger has @#$%& up recruitment on a regular basis.

A shadow of what we were

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 12:53
Not good enough for WBA, not good enough to displace Theo Walcott and OX ... but good enough as a replacement for Ribery?

You will never comes summer 2018.

Kalela (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 21:14
He would never have made it here. It is a good thing he left while he was still young and now ended up with a real top team.

We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

Bergmars (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 05:13
The one constant in our failure's .... Wenger expect nothing to change for the next two years

A shadow of what we were

holzini (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 11:39
BIG shame on wenger and the club for gifting bayern or werder a young talented german player. He was the top player of the olympic tournament.

The fee of 5 mio is a fekkin joke , every idiot in the pl is transfered for 20 mio + but arsenal, the gift shop, sells future stars for nearly nothing. It´s a massive joke that i can´t laugh about.Mismanagement to the fullest.

Be prepared that IF we qualify for cl after the next season , gnabry and the bayern squad will come back to hunt this old senile man into his retirement.

SandyB (IP Logged)
24 June, 2017 06:41
Ajax signed David Neres, PSV signed Mauro Junior, Lille signed Luiz Araujo..have you heard any of them before?

Bergmars (IP Logged)
25 June, 2017 11:41
Yes

A shadow of what we were

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net