football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Is promoting youngsters the way to go?
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
10 June, 2017 11:34
Look, midfield is solid with Xhaka/Ramsey in command.
And if Wilshere is retained, then, 3 no. midfielders fighting for 2 slots all the time.

Throw in Elneny, we have 4 no. midfielders.

And if we buy marquee players like Isco or those French internationals linked to us, will they be happy fighting for playing minutes like Giroud fighting against Welbeck and Alexis to get playing minutes?

Face it, Wenger had decided on Xhaka-Ramsey as the new axis in the holding role, with Elneny and Maitland-Niles as back-up and rotational option.

let's not forget Coquelin which I doubt Wenger will sell him.
Wenger will retain his faith in him and expects him to improve next season.

Wilshere?
He will be out of action till God knows when ... so injury-prone.

Wenger will not want to upset so much time and money invested in Xhaka-Ramsey when they are starting to pay dividends towards season end.

I will prefer to see players playing with commitment and dedication for Arsenal FC rather a whingeing and egoistic marquee players who demanded every minutes on the pitch even though he is injured and off-form terribly ... and went on strike and sulk when he is not getting his way.

Re: Is promoting youngsters the way to go?
younghansolo (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 12:57
No. They probably wouldn't be much worse but they're not good enough for what is expected of this club

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 13:01
Merlion, do you not want Arsenal to challenge for the title?

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 13:50
OG Afraid that is what Wenger will do and we will not win the title if there is no depth of squad.
Remember he said he will buy only 2 or 3 players.

SandyB (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 17:22
Crooked way of bringing Matiland-Niles into 1st team? (Sm8)

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 02:31
Quote:
Merlion96
OG Afraid that is what Wenger will do and we will not win the title if there is no depth of squad.

Yes, but you were in support of Wenger staying and also said that he will go out guns blazing in the transfer window to try to win the title before he retires.

The amount times you change your tune, lol. I can't imagine how much flip-flopping or how many u-turns you would've done if you were a politician.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 08:37
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
Merlion96

Yes, but you were in support of Wenger staying and also said that he will go out guns blazing in the transfer window to try to win the title before he retires.

The amount times you change your tune, lol. I can't imagine how much flip-flopping or how many u-turns you would've done if you were a politician.

(Sm152)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 12:52
Of course, I am a politician.
What do you expect?

I always maintained that the fun is watching Arsene Wenger building up a title-winning team from within ... Ajax Model of Team Building.

And see what he got by spending 150-mil since 2013 on luxury items like Ozil, Alexis, Perez, Xhaka and Mustafi?

And you lots still moan and whinge like Chelsea Rent-Boys asking from Sugar Daddy Ï wanna more ... I wanna more ...

You think those blazers care a hoot about you lots when they all laughed all the way to the banks after selling out to Silent Stan and Usmanov?

Get a grip.
Silent Stan will never spend like Abu Dhabi Sheikhs and Abramovich nor Glazer Family at 200-mil to 300-mil to strengthen the team to win titles and trophies on behest of loyal fans.

Glazer Family willing to spend due to the 280-mil commercial businesses and spending is the only way to grow this pie and more ... not spending to win titles and trophies for fans.

Similarly, Chelski is self-sustainable now and profitable every seasons despite outspending Arsenal in salaries and players. What Conte achieved are what he reaped from previous spending by other managers.

For 15 years since 2003/04, when securing financial borrowings for Emirates construction, you lots should have realise that Arsene Wenger had decided to take a hard left-turn to attempt to build a team from within internal resources and with limited financial support or an almost empty coffer, he decided to build a title-winning team from Hale End Academy and building talented obscure players - rough diamonds - on the cheap and molded them into world-class players.

Get real.
Arsene Wenger will not budge and changed his philosophy in building a title-winning team from within.
The only modification he did since 2013 is that he needed to buy catalysts - 2 or 3 marquee players - as the nucleus to build his title-winning team - the Eric Cantona Effect.

And why Arsene Wenger knew that his time is up and he is out hunting for that 2 or 3 marquee players that will transform current squad into a title-winning team.

Certainly, there is some truth that he will not sell Alexis and Ozil if he deemed he cannot find a replacement; and will rather lose them on a Bosman than strengthening his EPL rivals.

Wenger will only sell Alexis and/or Ozil if he fins suitable replacement.
Otherwise, Alexis and Ozil stays.

Rather spend 150-mil to 200-mil to buy new replacements which may not gel with the 2017/18 squad, isn't it more economical to lose 100-mil (plus paying lower salaries) in summer 2018 by forcing Alexis and Ozil to stay during their final year?

If it is true, Arsene Wenger will leave in summer 2018 if he can't improve this squad further and still out of Top-4 in 2017/18 season.

SandyB (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 13:25
Quote:
Arsene Wenger will not budge and changed his philosophy in building a title-winning team from within.
(Sm22) You mean the 4th place title which he couldn't win this time?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net