football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

 

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
06 June, 2017 20:35
So Wenger told us to expect no more than "2 or 3 signings" this summer, in classic Wenger fashion, and Kolasinac is now a done deal, leaving us with two more.

The biggest rumours at the moment are for Kylian Mbappe, Riyad Mahrez and Arda Turan.

I feel we need around five signings myself, three marquee and two maybe-not-so marquee. A (left-sided) centre back, a (tall and/ or) powerful central midfielder and a better centre forward, plus a left back, which we've got now, and a right back.

Personally, although it is nice to dream, I don't think we have a chance in hell of signing Kylian Mbappe. Mahrez and Turan may not be bad footballers, but they play in positions where we're already pretty well stocked.

Surprise surprise, there will be gaps in the squad again.

 
Re: His transfer plans
SandyB (IP Logged)
07 June, 2017 01:12
Arda Turan..........
6 years ago yes but now Barca bench, perfect signing for Wenger's team. Last pay check time.

 
 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
07 June, 2017 07:31
Quote:
SandyB
Arda Turan..........
6 years ago yes but now Barca bench, perfect signing for Wenger's team. Last pay check time.

Yeah I'm pretty underwhelmed as well...

Lot of rumours about Bellerin to Barcelona at the moment as well. Not sure how I feel about it.

 
Re: His transfer plans
younghansolo (IP Logged)
07 June, 2017 09:27
Due to the recent spulatipn about Mbappe, somehow Arsenal have found a way to make the potential signing of Lacazette seem second rate.
It's clearly not though.

I'm personally not too bothered about Bellerin but with his long contract I'd hoped we'd get 50m plus.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
07 June, 2017 11:29
Bellerin is acting like a diva. The interview he just done is a disgrace.

He can f uck off to Barca for £50 mil plus Dennis Suarez.

 
Re: His transfer plans
SandyB (IP Logged)
07 June, 2017 13:07
Lacazette possible signing, no one will pay more than 15 m for Bellerin. He'll be at Arsenal next season.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Goofle (IP Logged)
07 June, 2017 15:57
If we sign Mbappé I'll probably cry tears of joy. Arsenal isn't allowed to make me happy.

 
Re: His transfer plans
younghansolo (IP Logged)
07 June, 2017 16:25
I think virtually everyone would cry tears of joy after recovering from the shock induced heart seizures.

 
Re: His transfer plans
djarse (IP Logged)
07 June, 2017 18:52
Van Dijk anyone - Liverpool just pulled out :

[www.bbc.co.uk]

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
07 June, 2017 19:12
Quote:
djarse
Van Dijk anyone - Liverpool just pulled out :
[www.bbc.co.uk]

He's top of my list personally, but doubt we'd pay the asking price.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Kalela (IP Logged)
07 June, 2017 19:56
Arsenal can sign Messi and real Ronaldo in their primes and they would still be garbage as long as Wenger is in charge. There is really nothing to be excited about while that man is the manager and the ownership/board that offered him the extension are still calling the shots on transfers.



We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap - Arsene Wenger

 
Re: His transfer plans
Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 04:45
Quote:
Kalela
Arsenal can sign Messi and real Ronaldo in their primes and they would still be garbage as long as Wenger is in charge. There is really nothing to be excited about while that man is the manager and the ownership/board that offered him the extension are still calling the shots on transfers.



http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
08 June, 2017 06:42
That may be but at least I'd be able to enjoy the summer a little more if I felt the positions I wanted were being strengthened. Simple little pleasures before another horrible season.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
09 June, 2017 08:12
Sounds like Hector Bellerin may have been stitched up a little by the media, attempt by the Catalan press to stir something up, turn Arsenal fans against him even further, and force him out of the club.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 07:58
We're being linked with a double swoop for Sunderland's Swedish hot prospects, 18 year old forward Joel Asoro and 17 year old winger Benjamin Mbunga-Kimpioka. Apparently they could cost a combined £5 million.

Asoro made his league debut for Sunderland this season, becoming both their youngest ever player in the Premier League and the youngest Swede to appear in the Premier League. Southampton, Everton and Liverpool have also been linked.

Sunderland Echo.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 08:34
We're apparently close to signing 21 Russian midfielder Alexandr Golovin for £10 million from CSKA Moscow. It has been said that he could rejoin CKSA on loan for next season (what the f*ck is the point in that!?).

He may or may not be a good player, I haven't got a clue, but we already have a very large squad. We need to let a number of players go before we can sign others, and really we need to be looking to sign players who will improve our first 11.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
11 June, 2017 09:36
Quote:
MattySadler
We're apparently close to signing 21 Russian midfielder Alexandr Golovin for £10 million from CSKA Moscow. It has been said that he could rejoin CKSA on loan for next season (what the f*ck is the point in that!?).
He may or may not be a good player, I haven't got a clue, but we already have a very large squad. We need to let a number of players go before we can sign others, and really we need to be looking to sign players who will improve our first 11.

Yes I just read about this so called signing.
Another senseless signing in the making.



http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 17:17
Kylian Mbappe reveals he is "obsessed" with winning the Champions League.

I guess that is his way of ruling out a move to the Arsenal...

 
Re: His transfer plans
SandyB (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 18:45
Quote:
MattySadler
Kylian Mbappe reveals he is "obsessed" with winning the Champions League.
I guess that is his way of ruling out a move to the Arsenal...
I think he's fuc.king scared seeing Wenger n Gazidis hanging around Monaco's tent with a check book, selling Sanchez for 50m n few others for another 10m this signing is actually waiting to happen. No other club will pay even half the money of Monaco's asking price of 100m so this guy's naturally scared..lol

 
Re: His transfer plans
Bergmars (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 20:17
Quote:
MattySadler
We're apparently close to signing 21 Russian midfielder Alexandr Golovin for £10 million from CSKA Moscow. It has been said that he could rejoin CKSA on loan for next season (what the f*ck is the point in that!?).
He may or may not be a good player, I haven't got a clue, but we already have a very large squad. We need to let a number of players go before we can sign others, and really we need to be looking to sign players who will improve our first 11.
You couldn't make it up



DB10,the best.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
14 June, 2017 08:45
Arsene Wenger is pushing forward with an overhaul of his attacking options in preparation for major Arsenal exits with deals for Kylian Mbappe, Alexandre Lacazette and Thomas Lemar being worked on.

(Sm22)(Sm22)(Sm22)(Sm22)



http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

 
Re: His transfer plans
Bergmars (IP Logged)
14 June, 2017 08:56
Perhaps you could make it up



DB10,the best.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/06/2017 09:10 by Bergmars.

 
Re: His transfer plans
holzini (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 12:43
No one in the world is believing in our transfer pulling power,
I can see the next 2 years will be very very bitter for the club, working with a lame duck in wenger.

weird sitaution but thats what the club has lead it to, not the fans, we are the biggest joke in world football right now and i can´t see how it changes unless wenger leaves ffs

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 07:17
Rumours Takuma Asano has been denied a work permit and will therefore spend next season on loan at Stuttgart again.

We're being linked with a 19 year old Norwegian central midfielder called Sander Berge. I don't know anything about him but he is about 6ft 5, which I immediately like.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Bergmars (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 12:09
Same @#$%& players with potential they never fulfill its @#$%& the fans over time season tickets renewed so all the talk of a new dawn is now over.



DB10,the best.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 18:57
Have to be honest, if I was in charge I'd be looking to ship out one of our current central midfielders to make room for somebody 6ft 2+ who can play as a defensive midfielder and a box-to-box midfielder.

Elneny would be top of my "to go" list, with Fabinho and Steven N'Zonzi my top targets, though obviously we'd never realistically be able to sign them.

Obviously I have no idea how good he is/ will become, but Sander Berge fits the bill size-wise and position-wise, so at least there is a slim chance we might be looking at the right profile for a midfield signing.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 19:47
That Berge kid looks a good prospect from the YouTube vids.

I'd prefer a rentao Sanches, or Nabby Keita but I can't see Wenger signing either of them.

 
Re: His transfer plans
SandyB (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 20:19
Quote:
MattySadler
Have to be honest, if I was in charge I'd be looking to ship out one of our current central midfielders to make room for somebody 6ft 2+ who can play as a defensive midfielder and a box-to-box midfielder.
Elneny would be top of my "to go" list, with Fabinho and Steven N'Zonzi my top targets, though obviously we'd never realistically be able to sign them.

Obviously I have no idea how good he is/ will become, but Sander Berge fits the bill size-wise and position-wise, so at least there is a slim chance we might be looking at the right profile for a midfield signing.

Wenger needs to take a look at some WWE folks can easily be able to sign few..(Sm6)

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 June, 2017 21:36
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
MattySadler
Have to be honest, if I was in charge I'd be looking to ship out one of our current central midfielders to make room for somebody 6ft 2+ who can play as a defensive midfielder and a box-to-box midfielder.
Elneny would be top of my "to go" list, with Fabinho and Steven N'Zonzi my top targets, though obviously we'd never realistically be able to sign them.

Obviously I have no idea how good he is/ will become, but Sander Berge fits the bill size-wise and position-wise, so at least there is a slim chance we might be looking at the right profile for a midfield signing.

Wenger needs to take a look at some WWE folks can easily be able to sign few..(Sm6)

At least then we may have a few more champions in the squad.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
23 June, 2017 19:12
A lot of rumours online today that Lacazette is close to happening.

 
Re: His transfer plans
SandyB (IP Logged)
24 June, 2017 00:21
Quote:
MattySadler
A lot of rumours online today that Lacazette is close to happening.
This is long time my prediction definitely going to happen.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
24 June, 2017 08:49
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
MattySadler
A lot of rumours online today that Lacazette is close to happening.
This is long time my prediction definitely going to happen.

Which prediction was this?

 
Re: His transfer plans
younghansolo (IP Logged)
24 June, 2017 12:16
Not sure why, but lacazette just doesn't get me going. It's a lot of money but I'd rather have the Dortmund fella.

Maybe all the hysteria around Mbappe has made lacazette seem like the second rate option (yes I'm aware how ridiculous that sounds)

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
24 June, 2017 15:16
I think it appears a little underwhelming because we were said to be interested last summer but didn't want to pay the fee.

 
Re: His transfer plans
SandyB (IP Logged)
25 June, 2017 00:15
Quote:
younghansolo
Not sure why, but lacazette just doesn't get me going. It's a lot of money but I'd rather have the Dortmund fella.
Maybe all the hysteria around Mbappe has made lacazette seem like the second rate option (yes I'm aware how ridiculous that sounds)
It is second rate or probably 3rd rate it depends if you say Giroud 3rd rate then Lacazette is 2nd rate but then some would say vice Versa.

 
Re: His transfer plans
CazOnARola (IP Logged)
25 June, 2017 06:05
I see another podolski in the making. He hasgood straight line speed in f1 terms and shooting, but don't think he can craft some space for himself like sanchez does at the moment. And he is going to be bullied physically in the epl with our give to the full back to cross style of play. Id prefer giroud over lacazette right now but then what do I know



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/06/2017 06:07 by CazOnARola.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
26 June, 2017 12:46
I understand Lacazette deal has broken down as Arsenal wont pay asking price



- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

 
Re: His transfer plans
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
26 June, 2017 13:06
I hope Arsenal does not sell Ox to Liverpool. It would be better to sell Walcott. Why sell Ox who had a very good season last season and looks set to improve further. The same cannot be said for Walcott.

 
Re: His transfer plans
SandyB (IP Logged)
26 June, 2017 13:11
Quote:
Padre Pio
I understand Lacazette deal has broken down as Arsenal wont pay asking price
Don't worry will be signed after some tough negotiations till dead end of transfer window.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
27 June, 2017 00:41
His transfer plan is just that.
Just a plan.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
29 June, 2017 07:24
As usual we're being linked with a wealth of strikers and attacking midfielders/ wide players, yet very little appears to be happening in terms of a right back, a left-sided centre back and a bigger/ stronger midfielder. Shame.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
29 June, 2017 07:37
Usual Arsenal summer transfer bull.
Nothing changes.
Wenger/Board = joke.



http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

 
Re: His transfer plans
Bergmars (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 05:56
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Usual Arsenal summer transfer bull.
Nothing changes.
Wenger/Board = joke.
It's diabolical the arrogance is astounding.



DB10,the best.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 08:24
The window opens on 1st July



- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
30 June, 2017 19:22
Chris Willock signs a five year deal with Benfica. Shame, talented player, but didn't get a first team sniff last season.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 10:55
Arsenal are ‘only a matter of days’ away from completing a club-record deal for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette, according to reports in France.
L’Equipe claims that the 26-year-old has agreed to join Arsene Wenger’s side and the two clubs are in the final stages of agreeing a transfer fee.

Ten big signings set to go through as the transfer window officially opens
The report claims that Lyon president, Jean-Michel Aulas, is demanding €60 million (£52.6m) but Arsenal are expected to reach an agreement by including add-ons and bonuses.


Read more: [metro.co.uk]

We will know next week whether it is another Wenger's "Ï nearly signed ..."

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 11:04
We've signed 16 year old Irish youth international Jordan McEneff following a successful trial. He was spotted by Arsenal scout Steve Morrow playing for an Irish youth side and impressed.

His older brother Aaron came through at Spurs before returning to Ireland.

 
Re: His transfer plans
tigerline (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 17:54
Quote:
MattySadler
We've signed 16 year old Irish youth international Jordan McEneff following a successful trial. He was spotted by Arsenal scout Steve Morrow playing for an Irish youth side and impressed.
His older brother Aaron came through at Spurs before returning to Ireland.

Which position does he play?

 
Re: His transfer plans
Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 17:59
Striker



http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

 
Re: His transfer plans
tigerline (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 18:00
Quote:
Jack_is_the_truth
Striker

Thanks

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 18:11
Quote:
tigerline
Quote:
MattySadler
We've signed 16 year old Irish youth international Jordan McEneff following a successful trial. He was spotted by Arsenal scout Steve Morrow playing for an Irish youth side and impressed.
His older brother Aaron came through at Spurs before returning to Ireland.

Which position does he play?

He's an attacking midfielder.

 
Re: His transfer plans
De Times (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 06:51
Is no one going to update that we've signed a top class striker?



"A club is a union between players, supporters and directors". - Wenger.
Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 08:34
Quote:
De Times
Is no one going to update that we've signed a top class striker?

Hang on De Times, something doesn't quite add up here...

Quote:
De Times
Lacazette is a terrible footballer, he's just a little above the level of Sanogo and Akpom, spending 50-60 million on him when we have Akpom and Sanogo is foolishness. So far, you haven't been able to come up with one good name that we could sign.

Thread.

Yes, I've been waiting a while for a chance to bring this one back out.

Bullsh*t merchant.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 12:23
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
De Times
Is no one going to update that we've signed a top class striker?

Hang on De Times, something doesn't quite add up here...

Quote:
De Times
Lacazette is a terrible footballer, he's just a little above the level of Sanogo and Akpom, spending 50-60 million on him when we have Akpom and Sanogo is foolishness. So far, you haven't been able to come up with one good name that we could sign.

Thread.

Yes, I've been waiting a while for a chance to bring this one back out.

Bullsh*t merchant.

Brilliant ☉🤣🤣🤣



http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

 
Re: His transfer plans
Flava (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 12:30
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
De Times
Is no one going to update that we've signed a top class striker?

Hang on De Times, something doesn't quite add up here...

Quote:
De Times
Lacazette is a terrible footballer, he's just a little above the level of Sanogo and Akpom, spending 50-60 million on him when we have Akpom and Sanogo is foolishness. So far, you haven't been able to come up with one good name that we could sign.

Thread.

Yes, I've been waiting a while for a chance to bring this one back out.

Bullsh*t merchant.

I was looking for that comment yesterday Matty but the search doesn't pick it up.

Wenger has spent £50m on a striker who according to De Times, is a little above the level of Sanogo and Akpom. This is ony of my favourite De Timesisms ever.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 13:16
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
De Times
Is no one going to update that we've signed a top class striker?

Hang on De Times, something doesn't quite add up here...

Quote:
De Times
Lacazette is a terrible footballer, he's just a little above the level of Sanogo and Akpom, spending 50-60 million on him when we have Akpom and Sanogo is foolishness. So far, you haven't been able to come up with one good name that we could sign.

Thread.

Yes, I've been waiting a while for a chance to bring this one back out.

Bullsh*t merchant.

I was looking for that comment yesterday Matty but the search doesn't pick it up.

Wenger has spent £50m on a striker who according to De Times, is a little above the level of Sanogo and Akpom. This is ony of my favourite De Timesisms ever.

Recall you calling him up on this at the time and figured you'd have bought this little gem to light had you still been posting regularly, so did it on your behalf!

 
Re: His transfer plans
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 13:51
Great spot MattySadler. Time to call out those AKBs who think gold comes out of Wenger's a$$ whenver he @#$%&. Looks like 'Trumpism' on AT.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Flava (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 22:19
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
De Times
Is no one going to update that we've signed a top class striker?

Hang on De Times, something doesn't quite add up here...

Quote:
De Times
Lacazette is a terrible footballer, he's just a little above the level of Sanogo and Akpom, spending 50-60 million on him when we have Akpom and Sanogo is foolishness. So far, you haven't been able to come up with one good name that we could sign.

Thread.

Yes, I've been waiting a while for a chance to bring this one back out.
U
Bullsh*t merchant.

I was looking for that comment yesterday Matty but the search doesn't pick it up.

Wenger has spent £50m on a striker who according to De Times, is a little above the level of Sanogo and Akpom. This is ony of my favourite De Timesisms ever.

Recall you calling him up on this at the time and figured you'd have bought this little gem to light had you still been posting regularly, so did it on your behalf!

Thank you Sir

 
Re: His transfer plans
tigerline (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 12:16
Well played, Matty.
(Sm128)(Sm128)(Sm128)

 
Re: His transfer plans
Shane (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 23:36
Yes well done Matty, and well done Flava for taking credit for someone else's work. He's probably going around telling people my collapsed anus is due to him as well, when it was Big Dane.

 
Re: His transfer plans
hippogunner (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 09:47
De Times will now mysteriously vanish for a month. Silly tw*t.

Latest statement from our dear leader : “I am open to get some more signings, but it is not easy to find the players who can strengthen our squad, because we have top-quality players."

The same turgid nonsense we hear every year. It would seem relatively easy to strengthen a squad who finished fifth and got humiliated in Europe. All you need to do is spend some money, possibly a lot, maybe not if you're good at spotting a talent.

This top quality players mantra is fuc*king tiresome. We have about four, maybe five if you're generous. Are we going to win the league with two new recruits? Unlikely, and definitely not with the French clown in charge. Will we ever rid ourselves of this barnacle?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2017 09:49 by hippogunner.

 
Re: His transfer plans
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 15:22
It is great that Wenger is going all out to improve the strikeforce. I think he needs to also ensure Arsenal does not get hit by teams who sit deep and play on the counter attack. We are highly susceptible to such tactics as the past few seasons have shown. Right now Xhaka and Ramsey occupy the central midfield pairing but both of them lack the recovery pace. Ramsey as we all know loves to pop up in the opponent's penalty box and if he is asked to sit back to defend the counter, then his strength is nullified. Xhaka prefers to sit deep to spray the passes which he does very well but as Wenger acknowledged, he does not know how to tackle. I don't believe the 3 man defence will reduce the threat from the counter so there is a need to find a viable solution for this coming season.

 
Re: His transfer plans
SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 17:51
DeTimes at least he gives some humor to the message board. Either he is a troll or incredibly stupid, but he brings the laughs and we should be thankful for it.

 
Re: His transfer plans
BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 16:31
This thread needs a bump just in case DeTimes thinks his plan of disappearing for a couple of weeks in the hope people forget about this latest getting caught with his pants down moment.

I want it to be sat at the top of the forum for when he next returns tail between his legs spouting his latest nonsense with Wenger's love juice running down his chin.



Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

 
Re: His transfer plans
tigerline (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 18:50
Quote:
BootyDaddy
This thread needs a bump just in case DeTimes thinks his plan of disappearing for a couple of weeks in the hope people forget about this latest getting caught with his pants down moment.
I want it to be sat at the top of the forum for when he next returns tail between his legs spouting his latest nonsense with Wenger's love juice running down his chin.

This!
(Sm128)

 
Re: His transfer plans
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 22:22
Quote:
tigerline
Quote:
BootyDaddy
This thread needs a bump just in case DeTimes thinks his plan of disappearing for a couple of weeks in the hope people forget about this latest getting caught with his pants down moment.
I want it to be sat at the top of the forum for when he next returns tail between his legs spouting his latest nonsense with Wenger's love juice running down his chin.

This!
(Sm128)



http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

 
Re: His transfer plans
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 11:34
Bump to the top again.
De times is about. lol



http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

 
Re: His transfer plans
BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 15:38
DeTimes, DeTimes, where for art thou DeTimes?



Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 18:46
Galatasaray in talks over Elneny. Antalyaspor in talks over Wilshere.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
24 July, 2017 19:58
Lucas has given an interview where he's reaffirmed his desire to leave and expressed his anger/ annoyance at having the #9 shirt taken from him without being spoken too.

I have to say, my personal view on the Lucas situation is that we signed this bloke as an alternative after the Jamie Vardy thing didn't happen without really knowing what we were getting. We needed a centre forward and we somebody who had been identified by StatDNA, but his guy had played the whole of his career prior to 2015-16 either out wide or off the striker. I'm not taking anything away from Lucas's ability as a footballer, as I'm sure he could've done a good job for us wide or off the striker, but he quite clearly isn't a Premier League centre forward. Irrespective of this, however, I don't think he has been treated very well.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 16:28
We were going to take up our buy-back option on Wellington Silva so we could sell him to Bordeaux for a quick profit, but he failed a medical and will now stay with Fluminese instead.

The most "Arsenal" thing ever...

 
Re: His transfer plans
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
25 July, 2017 20:18
Quote:
MattySadler
Lucas has given an interview where he's reaffirmed his desire to leave and expressed his anger/ annoyance at having the #9 shirt taken from him without being spoken too.
I have to say, my personal view on the Lucas situation is that we signed this bloke as an alternative after the Jamie Vardy thing didn't happen without really knowing what we were getting. We needed a centre forward and we somebody who had been identified by StatDNA, but his guy had played the whole of his career prior to 2015-16 either out wide or off the striker. I'm not taking anything away from Lucas's ability as a footballer, as I'm sure he could've done a good job for us wide or off the striker, but he quite clearly isn't a Premier League centre forward. Irrespective of this, however, I don't think he has been treated very well.

Perez was actually acquired on the assumption that Welbeck will be out injured for a longer time than expected. Welbeck's earlier than expected return, while good for the club, did Perez no favours. In any event, a player should be picked based on field performance. Going by that Perez should have started more games than someone like a Walcott or even a Welbeck.

Wenger has in the past and continues to select players based on seniority rather than based on form. What happened to Perez was also what happened to Campbell.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
27 July, 2017 08:03
We're apparently close to signing Man City's Jadon Sancho. The 17 year old right footed left winger hasn't turned down a new deal at City because he doesn't feel there is a path to the first team there. Apparently he idolises Alexis, and his playing style reminds me a bit of Neymar.

 
Re: His transfer plans
SandyB (IP Logged)
27 July, 2017 19:10
Apparently Gareth Bale has turned down an offer from Arsenal to replace Alexis n now Thomas Lemar is hot favorite to sign.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 05:39
Bump.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 07:07
Wenger says it is "ideal" that we're entering into this season with 8 players in the last year of their contract lol.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Flava (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 08:44
Quote:
MattySadler
Wenger says it is "ideal" that we're entering into this season with 8 players in the last year of their contract lol.

The man is like teflon, nothing sticks. He's f.ucked up and he still won't hold his hands up and admit he's made an error. He won't delegate and he hasn't done what he should've. Amateurish.

 
Re: His transfer plans
CazOnARola (IP Logged)
31 July, 2017 18:28
Spurs lost only walker. Let's see how long they are able to keep their best players confusing they should go through a similar pbm as us. Except that they probably will never have the short term debt for building highbury square that radio used to talk about over here a lot

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 07:00
So apparently the big problem at the moment is that we can't bring anyone else in until we shift some of these players we want rid of, because the squad is still far too big.

The only one definitely said to be going is Lucas. He wants to leave as soon as a deal is arranged. Otherwise these players are on big wages and enjoy living in London, and are happy to just sit and run their contracts down as it means they'll be able to get better deals that way.

But Wenger said this is an "ideal situation".

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 07:15
A lot of the players apparently refusing to go elsewhere on lesser money are being bashed on Twitter.

Hmm, they'd rather stay here and be comfortable on good money with very little expected of them? I wonder where they could've got that from...

 
Re: His transfer plans
SandyB (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 13:10
Quote:
MattySadler
A lot of the players apparently refusing to go elsewhere on lesser money are being bashed on Twitter.
Hmm, they'd rather stay here and be comfortable on good money with very little expected of them? I wonder where they could've got that from...
They call it 'follow the boss' model.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 August, 2017 15:13
Yeah that's what I was getting at.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 18:15
Emi Martinez has joined Getafe on a season long loan.

 
Re: His transfer plans
djarse (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 18:53
Pity about Martinez - been impressed with him every time I have seen him - I prefer him to Ospina. But maybe long-term it's a good call for Martinez.

On defenders, Matty: Gibbs has clearly slipped down the pecking order so far behind Monreal & Kolasinac that his best bet is to leave. But on right back, I suppose Holding is the best bet second choice after Bellerin, but is there any future for Jenkinson or Debuchy at Arsenal? Debuchy used to be pretty good but seemed to lose it after his serious injury - not seen him in his rare recent outings - what do you think ? My gut feeling is that Jenkinson is not quite good enough - shame as he is an Arsenal boy.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Bergmars (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 19:26
They're too comfortable at the club no pressure whilst taking a nice salary



DB10,the best.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 19:47
Quote:
djarse
Pity about Martinez - been impressed with him every time I have seen him - I prefer him to Ospina. But maybe long-term it's a good call for Martinez.
On defenders, Matty: Gibbs has clearly slipped down the pecking order so far behind Monreal & Kolasinac that his best bet is to leave. But on right back, I suppose Holding is the best bet second choice after Bellerin, but is there any future for Jenkinson or Debuchy at Arsenal? Debuchy used to be pretty good but seemed to lose it after his serious injury - not seen him in his rare recent outings - what do you think ? My gut feeling is that Jenkinson is not quite good enough - shame as he is an Arsenal boy.

Martinez is highly rated here, hence him signing a long term contract in November. He is third choice though and would benefit more from going out and getting first team football, rather than waiting for Cech/ Ospina to pick up an injury or something.

You're right re: Gibbs. He's a model professional and a childhood Arsenal fan, but he has spent the last two-and-a-bit seasons behind Monreal in the pecking, including for the first two thirds of last season where Monreal was mostly sh*te. Now we've bought in another left back, he is even further away. Barring some sort of miracle, Gibbs' best chance of first team football is elsewhere.

We do actually have some options at right back, despite not being "natural" right backs per se. As you rightly said, Holding can play there. He played a lot of football in the Championship for Bolton at right back. There are other possible options as well. Calum Chambers has played a lot of football at right back, for us and for Southampton (and in his youth days at Southampton, although he literally played everywhere, they actually thought he'd end up as a right wing back). Gabriel had some good games for us at right back last season. Prior to his 2014-15 resurgence, Coquelin's best game for us came at right back in a 7-1 victory against Blackburn. Maitland-Niles is equally adept at right wing, central midfield and right back. Mustafi has played games there for Germany. I assume Oxlade-Chamberlain could be used there as well.

Debuchy made a decent start for us but suffered two big injuries and has never really came back from it. Even last season, he did his hamstring and came off after 15 minutes in his only Premier League start. He's 32 and has played so little football over the last few years, plus he has been quite vocal about how unhappy he is here, so I can't ever see him being given the chance.

Jenkinson looked really good for West Ham and I fully expected for him to come back from his big injury a changed man and provide cover for Bellerin. He made his comeback and even put in a decent performance in our draw at Man United, but he had a stinker in that League Cup game against Southampton and apparently asked to be taken out of consideration because his confidence was shot. This is the problem with Jenkinson. I can't fault him physically, or even technically too much, but he just doesn't have it in his head, with his composure, concentration, confidence, etc. He doesn't appear to have the mentality to play for us. I'm not sure whether he'll leave this window or not but there are a number of players I'm sure we'd use there before him. As you said, a real shame.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2017 19:57 by MattySadler.

 
Re: His transfer plans
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
02 August, 2017 21:53
Jenkinson has the pace and fitness but his mental state was badly affected last season. He needs good coaching to get back to an EPL level - I think he can do it and I wish he will do it. Wenger needs to give him a chance.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 August, 2017 20:22
Stephy Mavididi has joined Preston on loan. Interested to see how he does. He did well at Charlton last season briefly before his injury.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
05 August, 2017 14:46
Rumours Krystian Bielik could be about to join Frankfurt on a two year loan deal.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 18:48
Bump.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
06 August, 2017 21:22
Everton are claimed to be eyeing a £30 Million move to sign Danny Welbeck from Arsenal this summer.



http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

 
Re: His transfer plans
Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 03:10
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Everton are claimed to be eyeing a £30 Million move to sign Danny Welbeck from Arsenal this summer.

sell, sell, sell



http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

 
Re: His transfer plans
CazOnARola (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 05:04
Offer Everton walcott. Why sell player that can still help the team when there are others waiting

 
Re: His transfer plans
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 12:22
Quote:
CazOnARola
Offer Everton walcott. Why sell player that can still help the team when there are others waiting

Welbeck seems to combine well with Lacazette and Iwobi if the Shield game is anything to go by. Plus his workrate is phenomenal. So totally agree with u not selling a player who can make an impact for Arsenal this season. But instead of Walcott who can still be an impact player when teams tire, why not trade Wilshere for Barkley? Carzola is as good as done for this season. Ramsey is proned to groin injuries so we likely lose him for weeks per season. Xhaka is likely to get his customary red cards and yellow cards accumulation meaning he will be out for a period of time as well. Elneny and Coq are great in shoring up the defending from midfield for some tactical situations like defending a lead or against teams with overwhelming midfield presence but they both offer nothing offensively. Barkley has the height to defend against high balls, can take the ball out of defence comfortably, strong in the tackle, good offensive capabilities and at 23, a lot of upside.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2017 12:28 by mapleleafgooner.

 
Re: His transfer plans
SuperRob (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 14:21
We're not signing anyone else are we....

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
07 August, 2017 15:21
Quote:
SuperRob
We're not signing anyone else are we....

I'm having a hard time seeing us signing anyone else, to be honest.

I want us to sign a CM but we currently have 6 first team CMs on our books, so we can't sign another unless we let at least one go, but at the moment it doesn't look like any of them are going anywhere. I want us to sign a CB but we currently have 6 first team CBs on our books, so we can't sign another unless we let at least one go, but at the moment it doesn't look like any of them are going anywhere, although Chambers has been linked with Crystal Palace and Gabriel has been linked with Valencia. Regardless, it doesn't even sound like Wenger is looking at a CM or a CB anyway, and is instead arsing around after a Lemar/ Mahrez-type, which should really be more of a luxury signing than a necessity.

On top of all of that, there doesn't appear to be any progress regarding Alexis, Ozil and Oxlade-Chamberlain's contracts, while we still have Debuchy, Jenkinson, Chambers, Gibbs, Wilshere, Campbell, Lucas and Akpom on our books.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
16 August, 2017 18:12
So Wenger has said that he is willing to risk losing Alexis, Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wilshere for free by keeping them this season.

For the millionth time this summer he's said that Alexis goes nowhere this window. He's talked up Oxlade-Chamberlain saying that he hopes he stays and predicts he will be the standout English player of his generation. He's also said that he wants Wilshere to stay and work his way into his plans, despite being well down the pecking order at present, whilst there hasn't really been any concrete speculation/ rumours about Ozil going anywhere, bar some quiet rumours about him being Barcelona's backup option if Coutinho/ Dembele doesn't come off.

Say these players all stay beyond this transfer window, and then leave for free next June, that's a pretty big hit financially.

What do we think? Brave? Admirable? Arrogant? Stupid? Regardless it is very risky from a business standpoint.

 
Re: His transfer plans
MattySadler (IP Logged)
16 August, 2017 20:11
Gabriel to Valencia rumours haven't gone away. Rumours that a permanent switch could be close.

If so, right decision for me. Certainly had his good moments (two performances against Everton spring to mind immediately, plus one amazing tackle on Joshua King vs. Bournemouth) but he never showed the level of consistent quality required.

 
Re: His transfer plans
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
16 August, 2017 22:02
Quote:
MattySadler
So Wenger has said that he is willing to risk losing Alexis, Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Wilshere for free by keeping them this season.
For the millionth time this summer he's said that Alexis goes nowhere this window. He's talked up Oxlade-Chamberlain saying that he hopes he stays and predicts he will be the standout English player of his generation. He's also said that he wants Wilshere to stay and work his way into his plans, despite being well down the pecking order at present, whilst there hasn't really been any concrete speculation/ rumours about Ozil going anywhere, bar some quiet rumours about him being Barcelona's backup option if Coutinho/ Dembele doesn't come off.

Say these players all stay beyond this transfer window, and then leave for free next June, that's a pretty big hit financially.

What do we think? Brave? Admirable? Arrogant? Stupid? Regardless it is very risky from a business standpoint.

A bold gamble to win the title this season.
Winning the title and getting into Top-4 is worth more than 100-mil in prize money, more broadcasting revenues and more commercial revenues.
Some of our sponsorship revenues are also tie to being in CL Cup and performances.

Plus we also need to spend to replace Alexis and Ozil, another last minute buy again.

OX?
Most likely will go for 35-mil as there are plenty of options to takeover from him, and with Reiss Nelson increasingly starting to feature in 1st team.
I wouldn't miss OX as his development had stagnant and he is just eye candy on the pitch with no end results.

Wilshere?
Most likely another loan to help him get his match sharpness back and his contract review again in January or sold in January.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?