football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Tough decisions time
MattySadler (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 13:56
I'm still adamant that we have the makings of a very good squad here. We have a number of players who have done well elsewhere/ internationally, but for some reason they don't all perform consistently here. I put a lot of this down to the very unique, airy-fairy way in which Wenger has used them (full backs relied on to defend + provide all of the attacking width, midfielders allowed to do what they want and "play their own game", etc). It comes as no surprise that this change of formation has led to an upturn in form, notably adding more defensive stability.

That being said, you're a fool if you don't try to improve the squad every single transfer window, but we have a large squad of players already, plus a number of players out on loan who's futures are up in the air. I reckon, providing we don't lose any of the players we'd rather keep, we're about 5 signings (2 "standard", 3 "marquee") away from competing, but in order to bring these players, some need to leave.

Who do you think should go?

Re: Tough decisions time
Bergmars (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 15:15
It's a case of who wants to go if Sanchez,Ozil and AOC go we need about six big signings.If Ospina goes another GK.

DB10,the best.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 15:21
Quote:
MattySadler
I'm still adamant that we have the makings of a very good squad here. ...
Who do you think should go?

Arsene Wenger.

Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Sow a thought and you reap an action; sow an act and you reap a habit; sow a habit and you reap a character; sow a character and you reap a destiny"

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 16:34
Players need to go to make way for new players or promoted youths:

#1 - Ospina
#2 - Debuchy
#3 - Jenkinson
#4 - Wilshere - too injury-prone and he needed a new club to rebuild his career.
#5 - Walcott - greedy git. Get rid.
#6 - OX - intelligent enough to know he needed to leave to improve.
#7 - Elneny - he needed to move to get games.
#8 - Cazorla - too injury-prone with Xhaka and Ramsey as first choice.
#9 - Gibbs - needed to move on.
#10- Perez - what is he doing here?
#11- Joel Campbell - Alex Iwobi, Rene Adelaide and Nwakali can replace him.
#12- Jon Toral - he missed the boat.
#13- Szczesny - he wouldn't stay as No.2 to Cech.
#14- Akpom - cannot see him making it here.

#15- Alexis - we can't outbid Bayern, PSG, Man City or Chelski.
#16- Ozil - wonder he will rejoin Mourinho or just a negotiation ploy?

There you are, Wenger can rebuild his 2017/18 squad by culling deadwoods or selling players who refused to play for a 2nd tier European club like Arsenal FC.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 17:37
Hasnt Debuchy gone yet? What has Wenger against Perez?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 13:24
Playing Perez might 'kill' the awfully average Iwobi.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

MattySadler (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 18:59
I've said it before but to me I don't think Wenger really knew what he was signing with Lucas. He basically spent his entire career playing out wide or off the striker before last season, and he doesn't really look like a Premier League centre forward to me. He really should have been given more of a chance though.

I think he'd be great playing in the role Alexis and Ozil play in our 3-4-2-1 as well.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 20:10
Quote:
MattySadler
I've said it before but to me I don't think Wenger really knew what he was signing with Lucas. He basically spent his entire career playing out wide or off the striker before last season, and he doesn't really look like a Premier League centre forward to me. He really should have been given more of a chance though.
I think he'd be great playing in the role Alexis and Ozil play in our 3-4-2-1 as well.

I think Perez has sufficient attributes to take over from Alexis should Alexis gets sold. Only issue is while Alexis is seldom injured, Perez does get injured more often relatively.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
31 May, 2017 21:07
I'd like to take a moment to talk about StatDNA in relation to some of our potential departures. StatDNA is the US-based football data analytics company we purchased in December 2012 for around £2 million. Ivan Gazidis spoke about how he believed sporting data analysis was a growing area (interesting point; Wenger spoke recently about how he felt statistics and computers were taking over the game, perhaps further evidence of Gazidis and Wenger having very different ideas!?). Apparently we were already using StatDNA after the failures of recent signings like Park Chu-Young and Marouane Chamakh, and bought the company outright after more clubs began approaching them. StatDNA were said to be the reason behind our pursuit of Gonzalo Higuain.

Obviously I don't know the full story behind StatDNA's influence here, but it is said that StatDNA were behind the signings of Gabriel, Mohamed Elneny and Lucas.

You may recall at the start of the 2014/15 season, we lost third choice centre back Thomas Vermaelen and "fourth choice centre back" Bacary Sagna, replacing them with right turned-centre back Calum Chambers, with left back Nacho Monreal acting as a makeshift centre back. This didn't really work out as Laurent Koscielny struggled with injury, and we weren't particularly great defensively, so a January centre back signing was a must. StatDNA was behind this signing, with Wenger coming out and saying "I cannot tell you all but he has good stats". True, at the time of signing, in La Liga, Gabriel had won 87.5% of his tackles, won 78 out of 123 duals, made 85 clearances, 66 interceptions (the third highest in La Liga at the time) and, importantly for a Wenger signing, had 84.32% pass completion. Whilst most of these statistics paled in comparison to say, Nicolas Otamendi, that same season, who City eventually forked out around £30 million for, it was enough to convince Wenger to spend around £11 million on Gabriel. Whilst Gabriel has had some good games here and there (I'm looking at two games against Everton specifically), I think it is fair to say he hasn't really come on as we might've hoped. He was lined up as Koscielny’s long term successor, and that is clearly too important a role to give to somebody who isn’t up to scratch, so we need a better left-sided centre back. I think Wenger will probably stick with Gabriel for now, but for me, if it was a case of getting rid of one of our existing centre backs (Koscielny, Mustafi, Holding, Mertesacker, Gabriel or Chambers) to sign a better one, I would have to say Gabriel would probably be near the top of my list.

Arsenal had a long-standing need for a central midfielder. Specifically, since around 2013 (perhaps even earlier) we had really needed to identify Arteta's successor as, by this point, he was immobile and injury prone. A top deep-lying playmaker was at the top of most people's transfer lists. The 2015/16 season was going to be Arteta's final one, and if transfer rumours were to be believed, our scouts had been out watching a number of potential replacements (rumoured to have watched two or three specific midfielders around 30 times or more), but we had another central midfield issue crop up at the same time. Santi Cazorla and Aaron Ramsey both had fitness issues, and without Cazorla, our main source of passes, and Ramsey, our main engine, on top of Arteta and Jack Wilshere, it left our midfield looking very bare. At the time it was said that we were regularly watching Granit Xhaka and it was reported that he would be our marquee defensive midfield signing. Obviously Wenger wouldn’t make a marquee signing in January, so we would have to wait until the summer for Xhaka, but we were short then and there, and with Mathieu Flamini to join Arteta on the summer departing list, we needed somebody else. One of the players we were said to be watching was Napoli’s Jorginho, and I really did my research on him. What I found out about Jorginho was that, whilst not the most physical or best defensively, he was a world class passer with an excellent engine. Unfortunately Jorginho would cost more than we’d spend in January, so we turned to StatDNA and found Mohamed Elneny. The season we signed him, Elneny had 92.4% pass completion for Basel in the Europa League, and was average an impressive 8.2 successful long balls per game. The season signed we signed him, up until the round of 16, Elneny had covered more ground than any other player in the Champions League (85km compared to Dennis Aogo’s 84km and Nemanja Matic’s 83km). Elneny was essentially a poor man’s Jorginho, not really a “pure” defensive midfielder, but more of a box-to-box passer, so in swept old tight arsene to sign him for £5 million. It quickly became apparent that Elneny wasn’t the defensive midfielder we needed, but was really just a bit of “filler player”, and I still think this rings true today. I don’t think he is a “bad” football player, but he isn’t “enough” of anything to start ahead of any of our other midfielders. Also, the fact that we lose him for a month or so every other season is a massive ball ache. We are still missing a genuine powerhouse central midfielder (tall, strong and physical), so again, if it became a case of getting rid of one of our current midfielders (Ramsey, Xhaka, Cazorla, Coquelin, Wilshere and Elneny) in order to sign a better one, Elneny would probably be top of my list. Although, like with Gabriel, I suspect Wenger will probably stick with him as well.

Another position where we had a long-standing need was upfront. Our centre forward position had been neglected for a while now, with the Yaya Sanogo gamble and the Theo Walcott experiment not working out. This has led us to the peculiar case of Lucas. Wenger has admitted that we only sent scouts to watch Lucas after “data” (aka StatDNA) had bought him to our attention. Last season was the first time in his career that Lucas had played predominantly as a striker, having played mostly off the striker or on the right before then, and it had also been his most productive season. Pass completion of 79%, with 19 goals and 11 assists in all comps, would’ve told us that Lucas has end product and links up with his team mates, so we signed him for a relatively cheap £17 million. On Lucas’s first appearance, up front against Southampton, I didn’t think he looked like a Premier League centre forward, and nothing since has changed that opinion. That isn’t a big problem for me though. With 7 goals and 5 assists in 9 starts and 12 sub appearances, Lucas has proven that he can produce, and I think he could do a good job out wide or off the striker, even in our new formation. However, Wenger apparently isn’t as convinced, as Lucas has been let out quite a lot, not featuring at all in our new formation. Lucas now wants to leave, and is being heavily linked with a return to Spain. I think this is a shame, but like with Gabriel and Elneny, I wouldn’t be against him leaving if it meant we’d bring in a quality forward.

Through StatDNA we have essentially found three “bargain” squad players. None of them that “bad” (although Gabriel has his moments), but none of them revolutionising our starting eleven. We have a big squad and there need to be departures in order for us to bring in better players. After the obvious departures like Ospina, Debuchy, Jenkinson and Sanogo, as well as some of the loanees, I seriously think that the “StatDna Three” have to be considered candidates.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/05/2017 21:08 by MattySadler.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 08:03
Our current first team squad, including most of the loanees and a few of the more notable youngsters.

Goalkeepers

1 - Petr Cech (35), June 2019.
2 - David Ospina (28), June 2018.
3 - Wojciech Szczensy (27), June 2018.
4 - Emi Martinez (24), ? (signed new long term contract in November 2016).
5 - Matt Macey (22), June 2018.

Left Backs

6 - Sead Kolasinac (23), ? (but said to be long term).
7 - Nacho Monreal (31), June 2019.
8 - Kieran Gibbs (27), June 2018.
9 - Cohen Bramall (21), June 2018.

Centre Backs

10 - Laurent Koscielny (31), June 2020.
11 - Shkodran Mustafi (25), June 2021.
12 - Per Mertesacker (32), June 2018.
13 - Rob Holding (21), June 2020.
14 - Gabriel (26), June 2019.
15 - Calum Chambers (22), June 2020.
16 - Krystian Bielik (19), June 2020.
17 - Julio Pleguezuelo (21), June 2017.

Right Backs

18 - Hector Bellerin (22), June 2023.
19 - Mathieu Debuchy (31), June 2019.
20 - Carl Jenkinson (25), June 2018.
21 - Tafari Moore (19), June 2018.

Central Midfielders

22 - Aaron Ramsey (26), June 2019.
23 - Granit Xhaka (24), June 2021.
24 - Santi Cazorla (32), June 2018.
25 - Francis Coquelin (26), June 2021.
26 - Jack Wilshere (25), June 2018.
27 - Mohamed Elneny (24), June 2020.
28 - Ainsley Maitland-Niles (19), ? (signed new long term contract in October 2014).
29 - Gedion Zelalem (20), ? (June 2018 or June 2019).
30 - Ismael Bennacer (19), June 2020.

Attacking Midfielders

31 - Mesut Ozil (28), June 2018.
32 - Jon Toral (22), ? (June 2017 or June 2018).
33 - Jeff Reine-Adelaide (19), June 2019.
34 - Dan Crowley (19), June 2018.
35 - Kelechi Nwakali (19), June 2021.

Wide Midfielders

36 - Alexis (28), June 2018.
37 - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (23), June 2018.
38 - Theo Walcott (28), June 2019.
39 - Alex Iwobi (21), June 2020.
40 - Lucas (28), June 2020.
41 - Joel Campbell (24), June 2018.
42 - Chris Willock (19), June 2017 (has been offered new contract).

Forwards

43 - Olivier Giroud (30), June 2019.
44 - Danny Welbeck (26), June 2019.
45 - Yaya Sanogo (24), June 2017 (leaving the club at the end of the month).
46 - Chuba Akpom (21), June 2019.
47 - Takuma Asano (22), ? (recent signing).

That is one big ass squad.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2017 18:22 by MattySadler.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 09:41
Quote:
Merlion96

Why not? Because Wenger and the den of c.unts he works for tell us we can't?

They don't mind charging us more than all those clubs fans though do they.Any other fans on planet earth for that matter.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
12 June, 2017 12:15
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Quote:
Merlion96

Why not? Because Wenger and the den of c.unts he works for tell us we can't?

They don't mind charging us more than all those clubs fans though do they.Any other fans on planet earth for that matter.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

MattySadler (IP Logged)
13 June, 2017 18:12
According to Jeorge Bird, counting youth players and new scholars, we currently have 93 players on our books. The average is usually around 60 - 70.

This is what happens when you have a decrepit, senile, controlling 67 year old dictating everything.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
14 June, 2017 06:30
Sanchez is gone that's clear I'm settled in for two more years of indifference and boring same old, what does anyone expect we have an invisible owner and a manager with no consequence for failure

DB10,the best.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
14 June, 2017 07:06
Rumours Man City, Dortmund and Celtic are looking to nab Chris Willock on a free.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/06/2017 07:07 by MattySadler.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
14 June, 2017 08:33
Sinking ship comes to mind

DB10,the best.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 18:29
Willock and Sanogo out, Lacazette in, squad is still miles too big.

I'm interested to see who'll go.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
06 July, 2017 17:36
Stefan O'Connor has signed for Newcastle following his release. Looked a good prospect in 2014-15. Good luck to him.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
07 July, 2017 21:27
Quote:
MattySadler
Our current first team squad, including most of the loanees and a few of the more notable youngsters.
Goalkeepers

1 - Petr Cech (35), June 2019.
2 - David Ospina (28), June 2018.
3 - Wojciech Szczensy (27), June 2018.
4 - Emi Martinez (24), ? (signed new long term contract in November 2016).
5 - Matt Macey (22), June 2018.

Left Backs

6 - Sead Kolasinac (23), ? (but said to be long term).
7 - Nacho Monreal (31), June 2019.
8 - Kieran Gibbs (27), June 2018.
9 - Cohen Bramall (21), June 2018.

Centre Backs

10 - Laurent Koscielny (31), June 2020.
11 - Shkodran Mustafi (25), June 2021.
12 - Per Mertesacker (32), June 2018.
13 - Rob Holding (21), June 2020.
14 - Gabriel (26), June 2019.
15 - Calum Chambers (22), June 2020.
16 - Krystian Bielik (19), June 2020.
17 - Julio Pleguezuelo (21), June 2017.

Right Backs

18 - Hector Bellerin (22), June 2023.
19 - Mathieu Debuchy (31), June 2019.
20 - Carl Jenkinson (25), June 2018.
21 - Tafari Moore (19), June 2018.

Central Midfielders

22 - Aaron Ramsey (26), June 2019.
23 - Granit Xhaka (24), June 2021.
24 - Santi Cazorla (32), June 2018.
25 - Francis Coquelin (26), June 2021.
26 - Jack Wilshere (25), June 2018.
27 - Mohamed Elneny (24), June 2020.
28 - Ainsley Maitland-Niles (19), ? (signed new long term contract in October 2014).
29 - Gedion Zelalem (20), ? (June 2018 or June 2019).
30 - Ismael Bennacer (19), June 2020.

Attacking Midfielders

31 - Mesut Ozil (28), June 2018.
32 - Jon Toral (22), ? (June 2017 or June 2018).
33 - Jeff Reine-Adelaide (19), June 2019.
34 - Dan Crowley (19), June 2018.
35 - Kelechi Nwakali (19), June 2021.

Wide Midfielders

36 - Alexis (28), June 2018.
37 - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (23), June 2018.
38 - Theo Walcott (28), June 2019.
39 - Alex Iwobi (21), June 2020.
40 - Lucas (28), June 2020.
41 - Joel Campbell (24), June 2018.
42 - Chris Willock (19), June 2017 (has been offered new contract).

Forwards

43 - Olivier Giroud (30), June 2019.
44 - Danny Welbeck (26), June 2019.
45 - Yaya Sanogo (24), June 2017 (leaving the club at the end of the month).
46 - Chuba Akpom (21), June 2019.
47 - Takuma Asano (22), ? (recent signing).

That is one big ass squad.

A lot of dross in that squad

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

MattySadler (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 06:46
Yep, been poorly managed.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 16:15
Following on from Chris Willock joining Benfica, Yaya Sanogo joining Toulouse and Stefan O'Connor joining Newcastle, in a rather surprising move, Kaylen Hinds has joined Wolfsburg in a £2 million move.

Glen Kamara is currently on trial with Dundee, while Savvas Mourgos has apparently denied rumours that he was released.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
08 July, 2017 22:56
Wenger still silent on Toral, Campbell, Debuchy and Jenkinson?

MattySadler (IP Logged)
09 July, 2017 12:32
Well Toral played for the U23s yesterday which is a big indicator that he probably wont be going on the pre-season Australia tour, so I imagine he'll be off permanently.

I assume the others will all go if we can find takers.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
10 July, 2017 14:38
If the pre-season tour squad is anything to go by, it looks like Szczesny, Debuchy, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Lucas and Akpom, plus possibly Toral and Campbell, will be departing.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
12 July, 2017 10:42
Having been left out of our pre-season tour squad, Daniel Crowley has signed a three year deal with Willem II.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
13 July, 2017 19:35
Glen Kamara has signed for Dundee following a successful trial.

This means that Alex Iwobi and Chuba Akpom are the only members of the 2012 scholarship intake still at the club.

14 July, 2017 09:02
Joel Campbell has suffered a serious knee injury during the Gold Cup, and the Arsenal man could be out of action for as long as 6 months.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 10:12
Number of players including Gibbs, Chambers, Wilshere and Walcott apparently been told they're free to leave.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 10:55
This is very interesting what's the source Matt?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

18 July, 2017 13:17
West Brom are interested in signing Kieran Gibbs and have approached Arsenal to discuss a potential transfer, Sky sources understand.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 13:54
If Kyle walker is worth £50m then Gibbs has got to be worth 15 ..... pence.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 16:21
Quote:
MattySadler
Number of players including Gibbs, Chambers, Wilshere and Walcott apparently been told they're free to leave.

I say that we should keep still keep Chambers. But we definitely need to sell Gibbs, Wilshere and Theo, plus a few others.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

SandyB (IP Logged)
18 July, 2017 20:11
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
MattySadler

I say that we should keep still keep Chambers. But we definitely need to sell Gibbs, Wilshere and Theo, plus a few others.
Not gonna happen..

19 July, 2017 02:47
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
MattySadler

Not gonna happen..

yeah

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 05:50
Theo will not take a wage cut. And he has goals in him. Wenger will keep him. Others will be sold of someone comes along to buy.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 09:28
Quote:
Padre Pio
This is very interesting what's the source Matt?

An "ITK" on Twitter revealed it the other day and it's since been reported everywhere, including by Jim White on transport. Since then we've had rumours of Chambers to Palace, Gibbs to West Brom, Wilshere to Sampdoria and Walcott to Everton.

Also heard Lucas is an @#$%& in the changing rooms from same person.

I'd be hesitant to let Chambers go personally but I'm not too bothered about the others.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 09:46
Yes I feel the same, although Gibbs makes a decent wing back sub

MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 10:05
Did well defensively in the LWB role at the end of the season but offered nothing offensively.

Problem is Wenger has let the squad get far too big.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 15:09
Same source on Twitter reported that we had accepted a bid from Leicester for Elneny, but the player turned down the move as he loves it here.

This has also now been confirmed. I'd have been an for Elneny going.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 15:30
Szczesny to Juve confirmed. Have to say I'm disappointed.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 15:42
I don't understand why we weren't in for Pickford, especially if we intended to let Szczesny go as he's done alright on loan in Italy.

We obviously have a weakness in the keeper department as well in that neither of ours are particularly very good enough. Cech is obviously now past his best and Ospina is a bit c.rap at the best of times anyway.

Even Joe Hart would have been a better option at this stage. He's still England no.1 after all.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 16:34
Quote:
MattySadler
Same source on Twitter reported that we had accepted a bid from Leicester for Elneny, but the player turned down the move as he loves it here.
This has also now been confirmed. I'd have been an for Elneny going.

Elneny is useless, so I don't think anyone would disagree. Typical "sign him because he's cheap" Wenger signing.

I still can't get over him getting the ball in a great position in the cup final in the final moments, but having absolutely no idea what to do with it so basically just give it back to Chelsea.

19 July, 2017 16:40
Quote:
BootyDaddy
I don't understand why we weren't in for Pickford, especially if we intended to let Szczesny go as he's done alright on loan in Italy.
We obviously have a weakness in the keeper department as well in that neither of ours are particularly very good enough. Cech is obviously now past his best and Ospina is a bit c.rap at the best of times anyway.

Even Joe Hart would have been a better option at this stage. He's still England no.1 after all.

Because Weneger obviously views Cech as still a world class keeper and doesn't want to upset him by signing a potentially quality GK like Pickford.

Wenger probably also thinks that Martinez is potentially world class too.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
19 July, 2017 17:08
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
BootyDaddy

Because Weneger obviously views Cech as still a world class keeper and doesn't want to upset him by signing a potentially quality GK like Pickford.

Wenger probably also thinks that Martinez is potentially world class too.

Exactly why Wenger is a sub standard manager these days. Mourinho brought Courtois back from Athletico Madrid and benched Cech who was arguably at that time still a top class keeper. But Mourinho made the tough decision for the benefit of the team and Cech was used as the 'cups keeper' that season as a result.

Where as 2 or 3 year later now when Cech is clearly past his best Wenger wants to stick with him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net