football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Buy Butland or Pickford and sell Ospina, Martinez and Szczesny?
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 09:40
I can't see Ospina staying, and he is not Arsenal standard, more like Fabianski or Mannone, better playing elsewhere.

Neither do I see Martinez making it or has the patience to stay on should Wenger bought Butland or Pickford.

Szczesny?
Better for him to stay in Italy as Cech is 1st choice for next season. A dip, Cech's recovered during the run-in with 3-4-3 and better cover in front of him.

Interesting to see what Wenger will do in the summer.

[dailycannon.com]
Speaking after the 2-1 victory, the 28-year-old suggested that he could be persuaded to stay if he can get more game time.
“I am happy, but I want to have more continuity,” he explained.
“We will have conversations (about my future) to make those decisions, it would be difficult to repeat a season like this.”
The Colombian was widely reported to have agreed a deal with Turkish club Fenerbahce just recently, which obviously isn’t the case if he’s open to the possibility of staying in north London.

Re: Buy Butland or Pickford and sell Ospina, Martinez and Szczesny?
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 10:09
Wenger is not going to buy a goalkeeper. I think what will happen is Opsina will go and Szczesny will fight it out with Cech, with Martinez as 3rd chioce.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 10:19
Ospina needs to follow the new trend of Arsenal FA Cup final goalkeepers and depart, with Szczesny returning. Chez has been brilliant this season for Roma, and they don't even have the best of defences.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 11:52
Pickford has looked good this season.
Had plenty of practise. lol

Would be a good addition methinks.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Shane (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 12:56
I thought Butland was Flava's favourite amusement park.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 14:17
Where is Flava

A shadow of what we were

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
28 May, 2017 14:19
Quote:
Bergmars
Where is Flava

Scampered back to his closet inside Ponchettino Office.
He promised to leave when St. Totteringham Day is cancelled.

litmus (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 02:31
Me doubts Szczesny will come back from being Roma's number one playing every week in Serie A to sit on the bench behind Cech. Shame to lose him though, he's a good keeper.

Same case with Butland and Pickford, they are not going come to be number 2 here.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
29 May, 2017 12:13
Szczesny might be going to Napoli if reports coming out are true.

29 May, 2017 20:46
Szczesny isn't a good enough keeper to be number 1 at Arsenal.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 21:15
Szczesny sold to Juve for 14 million euros according to Sky Italy. Disappointed.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
Szczesny sold to Juve for 14 million euros according to Sky Italy. Disappointed.

MattySadler (IP Logged)

MattySadler (IP Logged)

younghansolo (IP Logged)
05 June, 2017 22:02
I thin iMatty is disappointed. Me too though, especially at that price. You'd think they'd want to make the replacement of one of the greatest ever a big marquee signing.

hahanice (IP Logged)
06 June, 2017 02:08
i read woj turned Juve down to stay at Roma. I dont know why he would want to leave to come to a sinking ship thats going to put him on the bench. they nearly won Serie A, and hes playing champions league.

but when clubs like Juve are after a player, why do our scouts not say "hmm maybe we should bring him back in."

Ospina will surely leave. he's tried to beat cech out twice now and failed twice.

But seriously, one GK is wanted by Juve as Buffons replacement, the other is wanted by Fenerbace... the one wanted by Fenerbace will probably be here next season.

only at arsenal

MattySadler (IP Logged)
06 June, 2017 05:57
Quote:
younghansolo
I thin iMatty is disappointed. Me too though, especially at that price. You'd think they'd want to make the replacement of one of the greatest ever a big marquee signing.

The thing is, if we were looking to sign a goalkeeper who'd just at the season that Szczesny has had, we'd be looking at, at least £30 million. He is an asset. I can't imagine Wenger ever spending that much on a goalie, so for me at least, it makes sense to bring him back and make him first choice again.

We were totally right to send Szczesny out on loan, because he had really stagnated in his development and become complacent. His first season was okay, nothing groundbreaking, but this season he has been really, really good. He has improved as a player. Cech is nearing the end and Ospina needs to go, let's show that the Arsenal loan system can be a success by bringing this guy back!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2017 06:04 by MattySadler.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
06 June, 2017 13:18
Quote:
MattySadler
We were totally right to send Szczesny out on loan, because he had really stagnated in his development and become complacent.

Also beacuse our goalkeeping coaching is poor and Szczesny specifically called out Gerry Peyton.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

SandyB (IP Logged)
06 June, 2017 13:22
Sometimes loan agreements come with price tagged release clause, N Korean regime wouldn't tell you that but if you see very low price tag on imminent transfer, you might have to conclude that's the case.
It's hard to believe that any top team in the world will take your players on loan then let them play for them groom them then let you walk away with with 30m.
These things don't happen, so take the $$ whatever you get n move on, he isn't coming back.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
06 June, 2017 13:54
Quote:
SandyB
Sometimes loan agreements come with price tagged release clause, N Korean regime wouldn't tell you that but if you see very low price tag on imminent transfer, you might have to conclude that's the case.
It's hard to believe that any top team in the world will take your players on loan then let them play for them groom them then let you walk away with with 30m.
These things don't happen, so take the $$ whatever you get n move on, he isn't coming back.

The loan was with Roma, we were selling to Juve, so if there were any release clause on the loan agreement then would've only applied to Roma.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

06 June, 2017 14:13
How about Hart? He is available and not wanted by Pep.

SandyB (IP Logged)
06 June, 2017 17:49
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
SandyB

The loan was with Roma, we were selling to Juve, so if there were any release clause on the loan agreement then would've only applied to Roma.
Haven't you heard of this kinda deal? Look around surely will find..profit sharing on deal they call it.

06 June, 2017 22:09
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
How about Hart? He is available and not wanted by Pep.

just what we need another liability. lol

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
07 June, 2017 12:21
So Szczesny isn't good enough for Arsenal but Juve think he's good enough to replace one of the best ever, OK...

07 June, 2017 22:02
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
So Szczesny isn't good enough for Arsenal but Juve think he's good enough to replace one of the best ever, OK...

He will hardly get a game next season for them.
And I doubt by the time Buffon retires he won't be the number one.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
10 June, 2017 14:50
Best for Woj to leave by the way he was mouthing he was learning lots in Italy rather than with Arsenal.

Plus Wenger will not spend on any goalie with Cech as No. 1 for the next 2 years and Martinez as No. 2.

After his bad experience in buying Richard Wright and English players he will not trust expensive English players and goalie for his last season with us.

10 June, 2017 23:21
Cech is not getting any younger. Maybe it is time to make a hard decision to ask Cech to step down and for Woj to take over. Does Wenger have it in him to do so?

13 June, 2017 11:52
Sunderland have agreed a fee totalling £30m with Everton for goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.

The Toffees had an opening bid knocked back last week, but have come back in with another which relegated Sunderland have accepted.

Sky sources understand the fee will include a number of add-ons over the course of a long-term contract, with Sunderland guaranteed £25m, with an additional £5m in appearance related add-ons."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net