football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Usmanov
MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 17:44
Alisher Usmanov has made a £1.3 billion bid to buy out rival shareholder Stan Kroenke at Arsenal.

Re: Usmanov
MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 17:54
Apparently the bid was made sometime last month and was rejected.

Clever timing by Usmanov really, giving Kroenke a way out as more and more fans continue to turn, but I think even Usmanov himself would have expected it to be rejected.

SandyB (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 17:59
Definitely Wenger promised to stay n more $$ to Kroenke..

younghansolo (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 18:31
Surely Kroenke can't turn down that much

MattySadler (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 18:39
Kroenke never sells

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 19:46
£2 billion would do it.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 22:04
It is a waiting game.
Silent Stan is inviting more bids to max out his earnings.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 22:22
That's it f.uck off Stan and be sure to take Wenger with you.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

younghansolo (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 23:46
Define jotely the most interesting thing to happen at our club in years, and that's say No sonething. One rich scumbag selling to another is more interesting to fans than what's happened on the pitch.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 08:32
Quote:
BootyDaddy
That's it f.uck off Stan and be sure to take Wenger with you.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 10:59
From his comments about Wenger in the past I doubt much would change if Usmanov took over. Wenger would still be given free reign to do what he wants. Plus I think it would probably extend Wenger's tenure because the new management would want to give him a few seasons to try and turn it around under their new leadership.

Ichigo (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 14:05
I believe the problem with the club is not solely on Wenger, but also due to the lack of ambition shown by the board. What superrob pointed out is valid, even with Usmanov Wenger will be given at least an year to prove that he can deliver. We've seen this with Ranieri and Chelsea before. But the difference will be that he will have more pressure to compete at the top level with his job being under scrutiny. I don't think that mediocrity will be so easily accepted with this change.

SandyB (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 17:58
Quote:
Ichigo
I believe the problem with the club is not solely on Wenger, but also due to the lack of ambition shown by the board. What superrob pointed out is valid, even with Usmanov Wenger will be given at least an year to prove that he can deliver. We've seen this with Ranieri and Chelsea before. But the difference will be that he will have more pressure to compete at the top level with his job being under scrutiny. I don't think that mediocrity will be so easily accepted with this change.
There is nothing called board at Arsenal, Kroenke is the owner Wenger runs the show. Every other name on the payroll as board, CEO etc are no shows... read about 'no show' it's a scam where people are paid for fictitious jobs that don't exist!

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 18:51
I agree with Sandy, its full of placemen and potwallopers

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
20 May, 2017 23:49
Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke rejected Alisher Usmanov's £1billion takeover offer because he wants to remain in control of the club for the long term and is determined to restore Arsenal to being Premier League champions, as well as making them a force in Europe.

Sources close to Kroenke have said that the money he would have made isn't an issue as he wants to see the club grow and wants to oversee future success.

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

He will be as successful as Donald Trump in making America great again with budget constraint.

Ichigo (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 02:08
Quote:
Merlion96
Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke rejected Alisher Usmanov's £1billion takeover offer because he wants to remain in control of the club for the long term and is determined to restore Arsenal to being Premier League champions, as well as making them a force in Europe.
Sources close to Kroenke have said that the money he would have made isn't an issue as he wants to see the club grow and wants to oversee future success.

He will be as successful as Donald Trump in making America great again with budget constraint.

Merl, that is a scam as well. He is obviously holding out for more. Once Usmanov ups the bid he will accept in a heart beat. I think around 2 billion will be too much to reject. Heck even £1.5 billion will do. Kroenke's current net worth is £5.8 billion. An additional £1.5 - 2 billion will be a huge financial boost for him. He can also finance his Inglewood project (that you are obsessed with) with this kind of money.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 08:00
Quote:
Ichigo
Quote:
Merlion96

Merl, that is a scam as well. He is obviously holding out for more. Once Usmanov ups the bid he will accept in a heart beat. I think around 2 billion will be too much to reject. Heck even £1.5 billion will do. Kroenke's current net worth is £5.8 billion. An additional £1.5 - 2 billion will be a huge financial boost for him. He can also finance his Inglewood project (that you are obsessed with) with this kind of money.

Maybe not.
Silent Stan knew the value of Arsenal FC once they are successful on the pitch ... just look at ManU and Liverpool whose commercial revenues are greater than Arsenal FC.

ManU is the benchmark that Silent Stan is aiming - £280-mil vs £130-mil; i.e. Arsenal FC have not realized its full potential to hit over £200-mil of commercial revenues.

Yes, agreed, Silent Stan will sell within a heart-beat if any Chinese Sugar Daddy or petrodollar sheikh is willing to pay him £1.6-billion to takeover his share, and another £0.8-billion to buy out Usmanov.

This work out to about £20,000 per share which will take Arsenal Holdings plc at least 15 to 20 years or more to realize it if Arsenal FC can reach its full commercial potential.

Of course, it is based on straight-line trajectory of EPL potential growth without considering the impact of Brexit and cyclical boom/bust business cycle.

After all, both of them are corporate predators with a short-term target to maximize their return to investments by trebling or quadruple their initial investments.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 10:23
The club's financial success is surely dependent on success on the field things will soon dry up if the continuous negative vibes remain.

A shadow of what we were

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 14:25
Kroenke will never sell not when he needs to finish his LA rams relocated new stadium which will become the most expensive stadium built.

[www.cnn.com]
new-nfl-stadium-los-angeles/

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/2017-09-26_12.35.41.jpg

SandyB (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 15:59
Liverpool owner at the stand cheering for the team n Kroenke scamming with Wenger tells you the real story at Arsenal. Very bleak future ahead, folks, very bleak future.

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 16:38
Quote:
SandyB
Very bleak future ahead, folks, very bleak future.

And whats the future for you Tottenham fans?

SandyB (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 16:41
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB

Your mom is Tottenham fan.. @#$%& AKB.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 16:42
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB

Joe Lewis to screw Tiny Totts fans to pay the highest ticket price in London?

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 16:57
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB

Lol you've got a mental age of a five year old.

SandyB (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 17:01
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB

Yeah..ask your momma about the machismo size!

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 17:08
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB

Dont need to. I saw my father.

With all that traffic in Brazil brothels you had to saw a new one ten times a day didn't you?

SandyB (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 17:21
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB

With all that traffic in Brazil brothels you had to saw a new one ten times a day didn't you?
Cock sure about father?? Checked the size in your own pant?? (Sm100) If you can't find it's not mine! (Sm163)

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 17:49
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB

Cock sure about father?? Checked the size in your own pant?? (Sm100) If you can't find it's not mine! (Sm163)

Not every father - son relation looks like the one and only known to you Sandy. Read a book to widen your horizons.

and why are you so curious about my package now?

SandyB (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 18:06
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB

Not every father - son relation looks like the one and only known to you Sandy. Read a book to widen your horizons.

and why are you so curious about my package now?
Coz your size will tell you the story, who's the actual father! Never mind it seems I know who is the father...must be the old fart scamming the Arsenal club who's anything but a wanna be machismo! (Sm22)

Ares (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 19:00
Sandy speaks the truth grayfox1

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 19:12
Sandy is not a spud, he has been here much longer than you grayfox. He's simply stating the truth.

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 20:59
Quote:
SA-Gunner
Sandy is not a spud, he has been here much longer than you grayfox. He's simply stating the truth.

One thing he's right is that Arsenal need a new manager.

Spouting gibberish isn't the truth.

Being a supporter and wanting your team to lose just to be proven right is idiocy.

Wanting Arsenal to lose forthcoming cup final is being a spud in my book. Simple.

And you could be surprised how long im here. But that's not the case is it?

SandyB (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 21:45
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SA-Gunner

Being a supporter and wanting your team to lose just to be proven right is idiocy.

Wanting Arsenal to lose forthcoming cup final is being a spud in my book. Simple.

Nothing that legitimize a failed regime isn't worth winning definitely not a FA cup which Wenger will celebrate more like a World Cup n sign a new deal after that like a rockstar isn't @#$%& worth a penny. You'll be surprised how many real fans think in the same way! Not some jark offs like you will celebrate the FA cup n they'll put a paper on the crack. I want Wenger sign the deal in shame which he has already done anyway!

Saying we need a new manager means nothing have you seen football fans burn their beloved team's shirts, kits in mass then cheering for their arch rivals when they felt their club don't listen to them anymore? I bet you have never heard of such things. Yes these sort of things do happen in real world dumb ass, it does happen!

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
21 May, 2017 22:03
So what's the plan?

We win the FA Cup by some weird and unique planetary conjunction. Kroenke and Wenger stay, start speaking about how bright the future is and the world class talents we're getting this summer. What do we get? a reminiscence of Summer 2011 when Fabregas and Nasri left, just that this time Ozil and Sanchez leave. We get some b-grade players, the 2017 equivalent of Mertesacker, Andre Santos and Arteta lol.

grayfox1 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2017 00:50
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SA-Gunner

Nothing that legitimize a failed regime isn't worth winning definitely not a FA cup which Wenger will celebrate more like a World Cup n sign a new deal after that like a rockstar isn't @#$%& worth a penny. You'll be surprised how many real fans think in the same way! Not some jark offs like you will celebrate the FA cup n they'll put a paper on the crack. I want Wenger sign the deal in shame which he has already done anyway!

Saying we need a new manager means nothing have you seen football fans burn their beloved team's shirts, kits in mass then cheering for their arch rivals when they felt their club don't listen to them anymore? I bet you have never heard of such things. Yes these sort of things do happen in real world dumb ass, it does happen!

Arsenal is worth winning. That's what i think.

I saw a footage of fans burning their beloved teams shirts.

It always required a shirt and a cretin.

And cheering for arch rival? Either you don't know what arch rival mean or you just hit a new lows.

SandyB (IP Logged)
22 May, 2017 01:21
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SA-Gunner

And cheering for arch rival? Either you don't know what arch rival mean or you just hit a new lows.
Looks like new AKB propaganda leader arrived..as usual. Remember me next time when hanging around in mid table becomes norm...you support failure you live with failure. Sorry I don't.

Read this nut case, may be you'll understand. what football passion is all about

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/05/2017 01:42 by SandyB.

Ichigo (IP Logged)
22 May, 2017 14:51
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
grayfox1
Quote:
SA-Gunner

Looks like new AKB propaganda leader arrived..as usual. Remember me next time when hanging around in mid table becomes norm...you support failure you live with failure. Sorry I don't.

Read this nut case, may be you'll understand. what football passion is all about

Sandy, you Brazilian twit. Nothing to worry here. Tenth place will soon be justified by Wenger and cherished as a trophy. Let's hope Russian money comes to the rescue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net