football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Pep Guardiola: I'd have been sacked by Barcelona or Bayern...
SandyB (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 01:41
Pep
What Arsenal is doing with Wenger??
And you call Arsenal a big club?
Really!!

Re: Pep Guardiola: I'd have been sacked by Barcelona or Bayern...
Bergmars (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 07:28
Wengers too busy making excuses, he would be better employed sorting out our defending and midfield.Let other clubs manage themselves your paid more than you deserve to oversee season after season of boring mediocrity so maybe shutting up would be the sensible thing to do.
Why draw attention to your own fault by trying to blame others.

DB10,the best.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 11:04
Wenger is a self made monster who got out of hand when Kroenke started feeding him

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/xa_1.jpg http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/Capture.png

ORDER From: [teechip.com]

Copyright © 2015 TeeChip. All Rights Reserved.Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | DMCA

SandyB (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 14:19
Quote:
Pep
I am not staying here because I am Pep or what I have done a long time ago, I know what the problem is," he told a news conference. "I am not going to be [wondering] all summer: 'Oh, what will happen next season if I don't win some titles?'
Quote:
Pep
Asked about the Arsenal boss' comments, Guardiola said: "I don't understand how the managers speak for the other clubs and the other teams. Ask Arsene, not to me.
"The people who are hired are focused on their teams. They do what they have to do. I never saw one player in my life go to the pitch and not try to win the game.

"[Wenger] plays against Everton and Sunderland, no? Both teams are done, no? One is relegated and one is in the Europa League, so it's the same situation, so you don't want to complain. Do it better during the season and you will not have this problem.

It's baffling to see how the biggest fraud in the history of football is being rewarded with money n more money for more than a decade!!

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 15:14
Interesting data on how the clubs performed for the money they spent on wages.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_8Ld7uUAAAHpQf.jpg

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 16:37
Wenger the big under achiever. Spurs the big achievers

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 19:02
Jose is the biggest under achiever this season based on the money spent, but arsene is there a well

16 May, 2017 19:25
Actually the worst performer is Moyes as Sunderland got relegated. At least Moanrinho won the League cup and could also win the Europa. The table only talks about points earned and not cups won.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 19:28
I think Mourinho has underachieved massively this year. I had United as my favourites to win the league at the start of the season, given the Mourinho, Zlatan and Pogba factors. Squad is better than people make out.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 19:51
He had always survived on world beaters don't well and others rallying around. He isn't the renowned for youngsters breaking through and doing well and it just didn't work this time. And it hasn't for pep either, he to has mostly managed players with exceptional talent

SandyB (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 22:59
Wow.. this is Mourinho's 1st season n if he bags two trophies n direct access to CL group stage, he's considered underachiever?? I think 1st week of June will tell the picture clearer..Wenger might be the ONLY overachiever with the biggest prize of a brand new 10m contract end of the season!!
This is Arsenal!!

MattySadler (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 07:36
Quote:
SandyB
Wow.. this is Mourinho's 1st season n if he bags two trophies n direct access to CL group stage, he's considered underachiever??

In the league he has, yes, and I've never tried to suggest that Wenger has "achieved".

SandyB (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 12:32
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
SandyB
Wow.. this is Mourinho's 1st season n if he bags two trophies n direct access to CL group stage, he's considered underachiever??

In the league he has, yes, and I've never tried to suggest that Wenger has "achieved".
(Sm6) that I know..

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 17:06
Sandy, Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp and Conte have carte blanche to buy any players they wanted to strengthen the team.

Whereas took it as a badge of honor not to spend Silent Stan's money.
Why should Silent Stan sacks him for protecting his investments and controlling expenditures?

Pep admitted he should 'be sacked ços he had spent an enormous amount of money without any returns on investments.

SandyB (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 18:38
Quote:
Merlion96
Sandy, Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp and Conte have carte blanche to buy any players they wanted to strengthen the team.
Whereas took it as a badge of honor not to spend Silent Stan's money.
Why should Silent Stan sacks him for protecting his investments and controlling expenditures?

Pep admitted he should 'be sacked ços he had spent an enormous amount of money without any returns on investments.
Wenger spent 100m just last season...

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
17 May, 2017 20:45
Mourinho spent 80 on one player. There is nothing that can justify how bad mourinho has been over the past 2 years. The last year at chelsea and the first at United.

Let's not talk about arsene. We all know we should have won the league last year. On paper we had the most stable squad for over 2 years and have massively under achieved

17 May, 2017 21:15
Quote:
CazOnARola
Let's not talk about arsene. We all know we should have won the league last year. On paper we had the most stable squad for over 2 years and have massively under achieved

Wenger had always in the past seasons urged for the need to keep the existing players together in the name of team spirit. And hence Wenger was more focused on negotiating the contracts of the existing players rather than going out to buy new ones. That has not panned out the way Wenger envisaged for the last 2 to 3 seasons where we had essentially the same team.

SandyB (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 01:06
Quote:
CazOnARola
Mourinho spent 80 on one player. There is nothing that can justify how bad mourinho has been over the past 2 years. The last year at chelsea and the first at United.
Let's not talk about Arsene (Sm123)
We do have to talk about Arsene coz no matter how many times he fuc.ks up he hides then rewards himself! Where as Mourinho pays for it. If Man United finds Mourinho underperformed they'll fire him within hour but even the Arsenal fans measure Arsene against every other living manager's on a different scale! Arsene is at the same club for @#$%& 20 years so every discussion on underperformance starts n ends with him.
Once again God this is Arsenal!

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 21:23
That is the owner s job. He is the one thsts not sacking the coach. Roman sacked mourinho two times. Mourinho hasnt exactly resigned. Arsene should be sacked. Simple. But you know who had to do it

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2017 21:43
Why should Silent Stan sacks a football manager he admires hugely?
Why should Silent Stan sacks his Executive Vice-President (Football Operations) who so superbly manage expenditures and every FY, generates at least 50-mil profit?

In any modern consumer market, corporations can only survive if the products are wanted by consumers; products that consumers will buy.

If they produce products that consumers do not want, corporations are quickly driven into bankruptcy.

Meaning ... as long as Arsenal FC manages to "fill" the stadium with 59,000+ ticket sales fore very home game, and advertisers and sponsors still lining up to pour money into Silent Stan's pocket, there is no way Arsene Wenger will be sacked.

And only consumer boycott can drive Arsene Wenger out, a product that a growing number of from 10,000+ to 40,000+ consumers refuse to buy and an overall decline in revenues.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net