football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Silent Stan to lose £25m and Arsene Wenger
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 16:13
WHU 0 4 Liverpool.
And it is most unlikely that Klopp will ever allow his team to lose to Boros at Anfield.
Similarly, most unlikely Guardiola will allow his team not to win the next 2 games.

Being out of CL Cup will cost Silent Stan £25m, plus loss of income from Emirates whose deals are performance-based.

And worse, re-negotiation for all those naming rights and sponsorships will also take a hit with growing trend gallivanting to winners like Tiny Totts, Chelski, Man City and Liverpool.

if for no other reason than to take a hefty financial loss from a underperforming and growing unpopular manager, Josh Kroenke will not re-sign Arsene Wenger.

The only reason why Kroenke Family loved Arsene Wenger is his financial acumen to grow the value of Arsenal FC. And when the financial prospect of Arsenal FC takes a hit next seasons and continues to decline after that, Arsene Wenger is history.

In a battle of ego, Josh Kroenke will want to put a stamp on his authority at Arsenal FC instead of letting Arsene Wenger riding roughshod over HIS management team.

In fact, under Josh Kroenke, Arsenal FC is no better than Cardiff City, Blackburn Rover and Hull City with their owner overtly interfering with the running of the club.

Arsene Wenger is not as smart as Ferguson who knew when to bow out instead of being dragged out.

Nice symmetry.
Arsene Wenger started his Arsenal career qualifying for Europa Cup ... and ended his career qualifying for Europa Cup.

Re: Silent Stan to lose £25m and Arsene Wenger
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 16:17
This should be good enough reason for structural changes to the way Arsenal FC is currently ran irrespective of who the manager is next season. I hope Gazidis carries out the needed changes and earns his salary and bonus this time around.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 16:24
Yes, more twist and turn in sad saga of a very divisive manager who didn't know when he is not wanted.

SandyB (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 17:21
Guardiola doesn't need to win two games winning just one game will do.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 20:55
i really hope this plays out as you have carefully stated cos it seems Mr. wenger is a cat with 18 lives

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/xa_1.jpg http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/Capture.png

ORDER From: [teechip.com]

Copyright © 2015 TeeChip. All Rights Reserved.Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | DMCA

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 22:44
Europa Cup means that Silent Stan will need to splash out at least £100m, plus another £50m to £75m from players' sales, to strengthen the squad with two quality team to play 60+ games next season.

Otherwise, without a successful run in all 3 cup competitions, Arsene Wenger will not mitigate the loss in broadcasting revenues and commercial revenues from missing out CL Cup.

Meaning the target is semi-final in all cup competitions and at least one final.
This will boost sponsorship and advertisement revenues.

And of course, if both Alexis and Ozil are keen to stay, then Wenger will need to fork out at least £25m to extend their contracts.

And if rumors are true and Wenger is determined to bring in at least 5 new players to rejuvenate his squad which had stagnant and rotting, then at least this season has a silver lining in a sense that Arsene Wenger acknowledged he can't bring current squad further and at least 5 new players are needed to compete in 2017/18 season.

It is like taking 3 steps back in 2016/17 in readiness to spring forward 2 steps in 2017/18 and a further 3 more steps in 2018/19.

[www.football.london]

At Monday morning's press conference at London Colney ahead of Tuesday night's game against Sunderland, Wenger was asked if he would need a bigger squad, should the Gunners be subjected to the Europa League next season.
And Wenger was clear in his response, insisting that his squad was already big enough as it is.
"We have a big squad. A bigger squad is impossible," he said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/05/2017 22:48 by Merlion96.

16 May, 2017 00:48
At the Sunderland pre game press conference, Wenger is already alluding to his current team being very close to top 4 quality considering Arsenal is out of CL by 1 league point assuming we win the remaining 2 games. He will likely keep as much of the current team as possible and try to replace want-away players like Alexis. The 5 players coming in is likely to replace outgoing places like BFG, Debuchy, Perez, etc so it will be 2nd tier squad quality coming in. Wenger is not going to change overnight and we can expect more of the same next season.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 11:08
the day I will see the last of this parasite will be such a joyful day for me.

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/xa_1.jpg http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/Capture.png

ORDER From: [teechip.com]

Copyright © 2015 TeeChip. All Rights Reserved.Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | DMCA

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 14:04
Man Utd predict record revenues despite season without Champions League football.

[www.skysports.com]

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

16 May, 2017 15:23
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Man Utd predict record revenues despite season without Champions League football.
[www.skysports.com]

Music to Silent Stan's ear. He will now want Arsenal to do the same next season when we are in Europa league.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 18:00
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
Quote:
Boston Gooner
[www.skysports.com]

Music to Silent Stan's ear. He will now want Arsenal to do the same next season when we are in Europa league.

We are not at Man U's level though, comercially or rep and trophy wise.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2017 21:42
ManU commercial revenues are £250m, Arsenal is £130m.
And Tiny Titts is about £33m! ... and to boot needed to grow exponentially to finance that £800m Henhouse.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net