football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Sanchez goal showed why he should be playing through the middle
Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 22:42
Playing him on the left is actually the worst position out of the 4 that he could start.

From the right, as a 10 and up top he is very direct and looks a far better player.

For some reason from the left he thinks he's a playmaker and we become far too predictable.

Wenger needs to just start him upfront and Welbeck on the left, as we saw with his goal it gives Ozil more passing channels as well.

Re: Sanchez goal showed why he should be playing through the middle
Ares (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 01:56
first eleven would be down a favorite if we put him at RF/CF

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 03:59
The problem is arsene's inability/Sanchez stubbornness to change. He's a horrible passer of the ball (among the top forwards in the world) and he is a person who wants lots of the ball. His strength is his shooting but he still doesn't run in behind. If he is played as a forward he keeps coming short 99% of the time and doesn't mix it up like an aguero or better still like a suarez.

I don't think this can change, it probably had to do with him playing in a lot of average teams before his barca move. In all those teams he was playing as the play maker and it was ok for an average team to have someone with 77% pass success rate to play as a playmaker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2017 04:00 by CazOnARola.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 16:21
Agreed. I think everyone except Wenger and Sanchez agrees with this.

Actually if we're going to play 3 at the back, I'd like us to invert our top 3 and play 3-4-1-2 with Ozil playing centrally behind Alexis and Welbeck and he can be the link player.

And since Ozil is much more likely to track back than Sanchez, he can drop in and mark their DM when we don't have the ball.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 16:29
Yeah SuperRob, if we are gonna play 3 at the back then we should playing with 2 upront. 3-4-1-2 would suit us better than 3-4-2-1.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 18:44
I like the idea of 2 up front. I'd prefer that to be ozil and a sanchez who doesn't come short. But that is the stuff of dreams as sanchez has this itch to get 100s of touches on the ball. If only theo had some ball control and football intelligence. Not to mention courage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net