football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Fabregas
Bergmars (IP Logged)
03 May, 2017 08:54
anyone apparently available would be great in Santos position but we are supposedly after a 21 year old from Malaga.

Re: Fabregas
Bergmars (IP Logged)
03 May, 2017 08:55
That should be Santis predictive texting strikes again

DB10,the best.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
03 May, 2017 12:46
We missed the boat with Fabregas. Wenger refused to resign him when he had the chance and it made perfect sense, and we were left with Ozil's 'missing face' on a milk carton.

Fabregas is every bit as good as Ozil if not better IMO as well, but the real difference is Fabregas at least showed passion to play for Arsenal unlike Ozil who literally bottles EVERY big game.

Not that it was a bad thing for Cesc of course. He got to play for two top managers who are winners and bagged 2 league titles under them in his 3 years at Chelsea. Needless to say more than he won in 8 years under Wenger, so I'm sure he has no regrets as the alternative was to come back to play once again for the incompetent tactically inept loser that is Arsene Wenger and once again win f.uck all.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
03 May, 2017 13:07
As I said in another post, Cesc would have been the perfect player to replace the injured Carzola in Jan. Wenger said he does not need Cesc bcos he already had Ozil - that is bs reason as Ozil and Cesc can play together each offering different things to the team. I content Xhaka was an unneeded buy as he does not enhance the team and he definitely cannot replace Carzola. Cesc would have made more sense.

A clear Wenger mistake if we look at the situation objectively.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
05 May, 2017 19:42
I have been thinking a lot recently just how much we miss Fabregas. We were still pretty bad when Fabregas was here, but at least I thought we were good to watch. For me, we haven't played good, enjoyable-to-watch football since he left, quite possibly because this whole system was built around him in the first place.

I know "good, enjoyable-to-watch football" is subjective, and sure, we score pretty special team goals and individual goals sometimes, but I consistently find us very difficult to watch. This isn't just this season either, this is going back to at least 2012. I find us boring. All these nice passes getting us to the edge of the penalty area and then it just grinds to a halt, because teams get men behind the ball and crowd the penalty area.

The season after Fabregas left, Alex Song of all people was our most creative player, and since then the role has been taken up by Cazorla and Ozil. None of them are a patch on Fabregas.

I don't mind admitting it, I'll hold my hands up, when Fabregas was leaving Barcelona I was still well and truly behind Ozil, so I didn't think there was room for him here. BootyDaddy is bang on as usual though, we really did miss the boat. It is all our own fault and I don't begrudge him any success.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 14:14
Wenger has made some very strange decisions not bringing Cesc back is right up there.

DB10,the best.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
08 May, 2017 14:47
What makes it stranger is that it appears to be completely motivated by wengers need to get him back for leaving.

He was asked if it was a problem him going to Chelsea and he replied with something like "no, the problem was him leaving us on the first place." Surely the decision was totally sour grapes by Wenger.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 06:23
Ran the show last night admit Middleborough were crap

DB10,the best.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
09 May, 2017 22:18
Putting in a buy back clause was smart, not enforcing it was the dumbest move ever.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 01:28
When questioned why he did not re-signed Fabregas, Wenger said he will revealed all in his autobiography why he did not bring back Fabregas.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 09:38
I'd rather read James Corden's dieting tips than Wenger's inevitable dribble in his autobiography.

Goofle (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 15:39
The problem with Fabregas is that he didn't fit into our best team at the time and Özil was still performing at a World Class level.

Looking back obviously you would assume he would have been a great signing as Wenger has continued to be a terrible manager and made a good squad perform poorly. But he would continued to get the same results even if we had Cesc.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
10 May, 2017 17:30
Cesc had lost his legs. We would probably be better off with him instead of cazorla cause neither of them can offer much defensively. Ozil was playing at a world class level but he isn't the only one whose firm has dipped, so it probably would have happened to Cesc too since almost 90% of the squad is playing poorly. We need a new Manager. This current team has so many dimensions to it that a good manager would have pushed for the league title. We were lot more balanced at the start of the season than Chelsea were

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2017 17:33 by CazOnARola.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 19:57
Quote:
CazOnARola
Cesc had lost his legs. We would probably be better off with him instead of cazorla cause neither of them can offer much defensively. Ozil was playing at a world class level but he isn't the only one whose firm has dipped, so it probably would have happened to Cesc too since almost 90% of the squad is playing poorly. We need a new Manager. This current team has so many dimensions to it that a good manager would have pushed for the league title. We were lot more balanced at the start of the season than Chelsea were
No argument from me

DB10,the best.

celine dion (IP Logged)
11 May, 2017 20:43
I cant stand Wenger but one of the only things he's done in the last 5 years that i agree with is not bringing back Fabregas.

You cant just bring him back when he was the club captain who basically went on strike to get a move to Barcelona.

Im sure Wengers autobiography will say 'yes I could have brought him back but he was the club captain who went on strike to get a move to Barcelona'.

Fabregas is a nasty little sn*ke, why the f*ck should he have been bought back just because Barcelona couldnt decide what to do with him.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 05:59
He's better than what we have good enough for me.

DB10,the best.

Goofle (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 08:37
He's not really better. He's very good at a few things and Conte is getting the best out of his without him being a particularly important member of the squad.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 10:32
It's immaterial anyway he won't be coming

DB10,the best.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 10:33

DB10,the best.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 13:50
Quote:
Bergmars

And he is getting another winner's medal while Wenger's boys live on 'beautiful football' and a financially sound football club.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
12 May, 2017 18:31
We haven't been playing beautiful football for a long time

litmus (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 13:17
To Wenger, building a team rather than buying a winning team, and playing entertaining football at the expense of losing a game is as good as winning the league. If its true we had 200 mil cash reserves available 2 years ago, couldn't Wenger have bought Suarez (properly) and Neymar? No, that would almost be like cheating to Wenger. What he calls financial doping.

He wants to win yes, but he wants to win "the right way". If tommorrow, Bill Gates buys Arsenal and gives him 500 million to spend, would Arsene buy or will he say, "I cannot halt the development of my players by putting world class players in front of them. That is "not right". He is so besotted with developing players, like a proud dotting father and that is the problem. It was he who said "we don't buy world class players, we make them."

So what happened to all the young players that he nurtured and gave chances too? (those players he protected by not buying established names ahead of them?) Cesc, Clichy, RvP, Nasri. They were so grateful that they left soon as they could. Think about that Arsene.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 14:49
Quote:
litmus
To Wenger, building a team rather than buying a winning team, and playing entertaining football at the expense of losing a game is as good as winning the league. If its true we had 200 mil cash reserves available 2 years ago, couldn't Wenger have bought Suarez (properly) and Neymar? No, that would almost be like cheating to Wenger. What he calls financial doping.
He wants to win yes, but he wants to win "the right way". If tommorrow, Bill Gates buys Arsenal and gives him 500 million to spend, would Arsene buy or will he say, "I cannot halt the development of my players by putting world class players in front of them. That is "not right". He is so besotted with developing players, like a proud dotting father and that is the problem. It was he who said "we don't buy world class players, we make them."

So what happened to all the young players that he nurtured and gave chances too? (those players he protected by not buying established names ahead of them?) Cesc, Clichy, RvP, Nasri. They were so grateful that they left soon as they could. Think about that Arsene.

In contrast, he still stays loyal to the Brit Pack for 10 years since 2006.
What does Wenger gain for past 10 years?

Will OX and Ramsey repay his trust in them during next season?
Or OX decided to f**k off to Liverpool?

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
13 May, 2017 15:23
Yes they left. It's no longer about that. We had a very balanced squad at the start of the season. Enough total nos of goals /tackles/sprints /completed passes /duals won/ assists to win the league. This squad has undsr performed 2 years in a row.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net