football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Allegri / Simeone
BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 21:33
What I wouldn't give for either of them at Arsenal.

Proper managers. Make Wenger look like the joke he has become in world football.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Re: Allegri / Simeone
PKGooner (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 21:50
Yes.

No way they'd even consider coming here though.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 22:10
Very impressed with the way Juventus set themselves up defensively to get a draw at the Nou Camp. Focused and discipined performance from Allegri's men. Especially with the pressure to hold a 3-0 lead. Not the most sexy football but winning is all that matters and Allegri understands that. What Arsenal truly needs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/04/2017 22:28 by mapleleafgooner.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 22:23
Thats exactly it, our tactically inept manager would have set us up at the Nou Camp exactly the same as if we were at home against Burnley and we'd have shipped at least 5 goals.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 22:37
Juventus shut out a front three of Messi, Suarez and Neymar for 180 minutes. A defensive masterclass by Juventus and Allegri.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 22:42
Between 2003 to 2005, Arsenal were arguably the best club team in Europe in the form of the Invincibles. In that span of years, the players of the Invincibles were at their peak in terms of talent, experience and age. Yet Wenger was not able to win the CL with that team as imo he prioritised team talent over tactics believing naively (or was it arrogance) that his team's quality is good enough to overcome all opposition.

19 April, 2017 22:56
Agreed mapleleafgooner.

You cannot win a competition like the CL without being good defensively, due to the knockout nature and especially the away goal rule. It was no coincidence that the time we had the best defensive form in the CL is also same time we reached the furthest in that competition.

I would love to see an Arsenal team with a manager that is actually good at defensive coaching and competent on tactics.

SandyB (IP Logged)
19 April, 2017 23:59
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Agreed mapleleafgooner.
You cannot win a competition like the CL without being good defensively, due to the knockout nature and especially the away goal rule. It was no coincidence that the time we had the best defensive form in the CL is also same time we reached the furthest in that competition.

I would love to see an Arsenal team with a manager that is actually good at defensive coaching and competent on tactics.
I gotta tell ya that you are getting optimistic..not gonna happen.
To BD you can't speak of those managers while speaking about football that's disrespect to them n showing respect to a muppet.

20 April, 2017 04:53
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Agreed mapleleafgooner.

I gotta tell ya that you are getting optimistic..not gonna happen.
To BD you can't speak of those managers while speaking about football that's disrespect to them n showing respect to a muppet.

You misunderstood my post Sandy.

I wasn't saying that Wenger is gonna leave and we will get a top tier manager like Allegri or Simeone, but that I would love see managers like that at Arsenal even though I know Wenger is staying for a few more years yet, thus it is gonna be a long time till I see an Arsenal team that is a well balanced and solid.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 07:07
Wenger won't leave this summer. But i don't think it's unrealistic to have a manager of this stature when he does leave. Turning around an underperforming super club is an attractive prospect for a lot of managers

Goofle (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 10:45
Allegri is the main man.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
20 April, 2017 16:27
I can think of 9 million reasons a lot of managers would want the job.

litmus (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 02:26
Arsenal is a challenge. A top club that has fallen from grace for years. Most coaches relish challenges if they know they will be given a free hand because they want to show the world they can turn a club's fortune around.

Top managers like Klopp, Emery, (despite the Barca loss he is a good coach), even Mourinho all moved on to these type of challenges. So why not Allegri and Simeone. Arsenal is a high profile team, and the manager position is one of the hottest seat available right now in world football.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
21 April, 2017 11:51
Unfortunately we only become a challenge to another manager when Wenger has grown legs and f*cked off.

I assume Wenger's plan is to die as Arsenal manager.

21 April, 2017 15:27
Quote:
MattySadler
Unfortunately we only become a challenge to another manager when Wenger has grown legs and f*cked off.
I assume Wenger's plan is to die as Arsenal manager.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net