football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Kolasinac
MattySadler (IP Logged)
14 April, 2017 13:31
Reports in Bosnia claim that Schalke's 23 year old Bosnian left back Sead Kolasinac has signed pre-contract agreement with us. He is letting his Schalke contract run out and will be available for free in the summer. Juventus, Chelsea, City, Everton and Liverpool have all been linked with a move for him.

His Bundesliga statistics look pretty good, but I don't know a great deal about him outside of Football Manager. Apparently he can also play centre back and defensive midfield.

Pain in the Arsenal.

The Sun.

Daily Cannon.

Re: Kolasinac
mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
14 April, 2017 15:18
Free transfer? Sounds like the kind of deal that will appeal to Wenger - if he sticks around.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
14 April, 2017 19:59
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
Free transfer? Sounds like the kind of deal that will appeal to Wenger - if he sticks around.

Wenger is obviously staying, unfornately.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 00:05
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
Quote:
mapleleafgooner

Wenger is obviously staying, unfornately.

That is a no-brainer.
Only a vocal 3,000 is anti-Wenger with 2-million global fans supporting him.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 08:06
Didn't really doubt that Wenger was going to stay anyway, unfortunately.

The problem is Kolasinac could be sh*te or he could be a worldie, but you stick him in our "airy fairy, do-whatever-you-like, play the Arsenal way" system and he'll look useless.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 08:17
Apparently he'd verbally agreed to join AC Milan and then came very close to signing for Everton, before we swooped in with a substantial offer.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 09:17
Sounds reliable and a man of principal

DB10,the best.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 10:17
Quote:
MattySadler
The problem is Kolasinac could be sh*te or he could be a worldie, but you stick him in our "airy fairy, do-whatever-you-like, play the Arsenal way" system and he'll look useless.

And that is the problem.
We can sign the best defenders in the world but if they play our way of not defending we will still be poor.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 11:39
doesnt matter if we sign even Hummels or Lewandowski.... any new player we sign without a managerial change will be Wengered in 6months

15 April, 2017 13:15
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
MattySadler

And that is the problem.
We can sign the best defenders in the world but if they play our way of not defending we will still be poor.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 13:38
Apparently Monreal used to be good before joining us as well.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

SuperRob (IP Logged)
15 April, 2017 18:47
Who? Some random on a few transfer is going to take us from finishing 6th to 1st?

15 April, 2017 22:54
Check out the tongue-in-cheek prediction of doom going viral below:

Follow
Tim Stillman @Stillberto
Kolasinac's Arsenal career foretold
- Start well
- slowly exposed by AFC wide open system
- Form / confidence dips
- Everyone says he's @#$%&
11:05 PM - 14 Apr 2017
1,052 1,052 Retweets 1,214 1,214 likes

Follow
Tim Stillman @Stillberto
Despite being the 87th defender to struggle at Arsenal, he'll be subject to ridicule, few will realise that the INDIVIDUALS AREN'T THE ISSUE
11:08 PM - 14 Apr 2017
177 177 Retweets 191 191 likes

Follow
Tim Stillman @Stillberto
He'll leave, go somewhere else and, magically, his form will return. Still, few will make the connection.
11:09 PM - 14 Apr 2017
109 109 Retweets 116 116 likes

MattySadler (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 08:06
Quote:
SuperRob
Who? Some random on a few transfer is going to take us from finishing 6th to 1st?

Not under Wenger no, but let's face it, this guy looks decent on paper and could prove a shrewd free transfer. We'll see.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2017 15:14
Any free transfer is a bargain.

Wenger "promised" to make him No. 1 LB.

Meaning ... Gibbs will be sold and Monreal can leave too.

17 April, 2017 00:01
Doubts have emerged about Arsenal agreeing a deal to sign Schalke 04 left-back Sead Kolasinac on a free transfer this summer, after the player's father indicated his son still has to decide between the Gunners and AC Milan.

Kolasinac's father spoke with TV N1 Sarajevo (h/t Football Italia) to say his son hasn't signed a pre-contract agreement with any club. He also gave interested suitor Milan hope by revealing "next week we will decide everything."

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 00:11
Has anybody ever seen a pre contract agreement?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

17 April, 2017 00:34
Decide between Arsenal and AC? Pretty straightforward decision one would think.

17 April, 2017 06:20
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
Decide between Arsenal and AC? Pretty straightforward decision one would think.

Yeah, AC Milan. New chinese owners, rich history and as a bonus its in acountry with much better weather.

Arsenal on the other hand is owned by someone who doesn't give a f'uck about on pitch success, managed by an out of date stubborn man who thinks 4th place is a trophy, a club whos history is not as good as Milan's especially in europe and is a club that has absolutely no ambition to be an actual big club, football wise.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 10:28
Here we go on the summer merry go round of signing no one of note

DB10,the best.

17 April, 2017 13:25
Personally IF it is just all about money.
Screw him.

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 16:44
Quote:
Indiangooner
doesnt matter if we sign even Hummels or Lewandowski.... any new player we sign without a managerial change will be Wengered in 6months

that is the real problem. no matter who we sign , as long as Wenger ignores defensive drilling in training and keeps on with his 5 aside triangular training, any player will play like @#$%& after a while. Max a season and a half and they become incompetent and commit blunders.

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/xa_1.jpg http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp87/ajplatinum/Capture.png

ORDER From: [teechip.com]

Copyright © 2015 TeeChip. All Rights Reserved.Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | DMCA

litmus (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 17:15
Quote:
MattySadler
Reports in Bosnia claim that Schalke's 23 year old Bosnian left back Sead Kolasinac has signed pre-contract agreement with us. He is letting his Schalke contract run out and will be available for free in the summer. Juventus, Chelsea, City, Everton and Liverpool have all been linked with a move for him.
His Bundesliga statistics look pretty good, but I don't know a great deal about him outside of Football Manager. Apparently he can also play centre back and defensive midfield.

My TV package has Bundesliga, Ligue One, and La Liga games so I do get to watch Schalke quite a bit, I also watched Dortmund a lot.

Kolasinac is a really solid player, and is one of the best attacking full back in the Bundesliga. I think he has a few goals this season and a number of assist for Schalke. Good robust player.His reason goal was evident of this when he scored from a mazy run brushing of defenders from the left and finished into the low far corner like a striker we used to have. He was wearing a face mask as he broke his nose or something on his face in the previous match.

If we do get him, it is a great Bosman signing. He should be definite first choice ahead of Monreal or Gibbs, whoever gets sold.

I like Christian Pulisic of Dortmund a lot too. What a player at 18.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 19:17
Good info pal cheers.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2017 23:03
The LB we should sign is Theo Henandez.

Agree with Limus about Pullsic, scary talent.

litmus (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 07:14
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
The LB we should sign is Theo Henandez.
Agree with Limus about Pullsic, scary talent.

Zidane is a big fan of Theo. Rumours is that he is also being courted by Barca. Between those two, it would be a miracle if he chose to join us (if we made a bid).

MattySadler (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 12:42
Theo Hernandez is a beast but I can't see him coming here. Better offers on the table.

Cashelgunner (IP Logged)
18 April, 2017 22:52
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Personally IF it is just all about money.
Screw him.
you're in for a lifetime of disappointment mate. It's all about the money for these guys - I don't blame them, we all look to get best deal in our jobs. Every now and again you might find a player born in area but not likely.
Even our own manager, who is mindful of the finances, has no problem taking his 8m salary

MattySadler (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 09:49
Rumours he has signed a five year deal. I imagine this'll be like the Podolski one a couple of years ago where everyone knew it was a done deal but it was a badly kept secret until the right moment.

Potentially a really shrewd signing. He's a good age and can play left back in a back four, left wing back in our current formation and left centre back in a back four or three.

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
14 May, 2017 22:05
Bye bye Gibbo

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 11:29
Don't know much about him but we haven't had a good LB since Cole.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 13:18
I know we have signed him at least 5 times in the last month

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
15 May, 2017 19:28
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Don't know much about him but we haven't had a good LB since Cole.

(Sm157)

15 May, 2017 21:43
Don't know how good Kolasinac is but is he purchased bcos he is good or bcos he is available on a free transfer?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net