football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Arsenal football Club Official Statement
Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 13:49
Arsenal chairman Sir Chips Keswick says:

“We are fully aware of the attention currently focused on the club and understand the debate. We respect that fans are entitled to their different individual opinions but we will always run this great football club with its best long-term interests at heart.

"Arsène has a contract until the end of the season. Any decisions will be made by us mutually and communicated at the right time in the right way.”
Copyright 2017 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source

Read more at [www.arsenal.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2017 13:53 by Big Guhnz.

Re: Arsenal football Club Official Statement
Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 13:51
Wenger - I will consider fans’ opinions

Arsène Wenger faced a packed media conference on Thursday - and was once again asked in detail about his future at the club.

The Arsenal manager has been continuously quizzed about it in recent months, and his latest thoughts are listed below:

on the fans’ protest…
I have worked very hard for 20 years to make our fans happy and when you lose games, I understand they are not happy. I do not want to judge that, I am not able to. I live in my daily work with my complete commitment. After that, I have said many times that you have to accept different opinions.

on whether the fans’ opinion will have any impact on his decision…
Yes. Of course, you consider everything. It will not be the most important factor but of course, you consider it.

on whether he’s made the decision privately…

No, my decision is to focus on the next game and make absolutely sure that we respond well on Saturday.

on if there’s a danger that staying will taint his reputation…
Look, I don’t work for my image, I work for this club with full commitment. That’s what I do. After, how will I be judged, one way or the other? It’s not too much my problem. I think I’ve shown since I’m here that first of all I love this club, that I’m loyal to this club and that I make the right decisions for this club. I will continue to do that. Of course, in respecting the values that I think are vital for me. If I cannot do that, I will not be here.

on whether he will be at the club next season…
I do not want to always speak about the same matter. What is important for me is football games, performing in football, as long as you are somewhere, and not focusing on all the rest.

on if anything is affecting the players…
No, I think we had a top-level performance in the game against Bayern. It’s part of the game that things didn’t go for us, but overall, I think no

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2017 13:53 by Big Guhnz.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 14:15
Quote:
Big Guhnz
Arsenal chairman Sir Chips Keswick says:
“We are fully aware of the attention currently focused on the club and understand the debate. We respect that fans are entitled to their different individual opinions but we will always run this great football club with its best long-term interests at heart.

"Arsène has a contract until the end of the season. Any decisions will be made by us mutually and communicated at the right time in the right way.”
Copyright 2017 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source

Meaning, Wenger signs the contract extension that Stan and the Board want him to sign.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 14:18
I'm not too sure a loss to spurs in the league and FA cup and the atmosphere at the club will be unbreathable.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 19:59
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6exmClWgAAO99p.jpg

It might be from Paddy Power, but it is mostly true.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2017 20:53 by Optimistic Gunner.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 21:01
Only 200 fans demonstrated against him?

WOB being shouted down by AKB in Emirates?

"... with its best long-term interests at heart" meaning Arsene Wenger is NOT the best long-term interest if Silent Stan wanted to grow the commercial side of businesses which needed a winning team and not those bunch of serial losers which had made Arsenal FC a laughing stock in European Football.

Conclusion:
Need thousands and thousands of Arsenal fans to demonstrate they are against Arsene Wenger now.

Better still, just don't turn up at Emirates and refused to sell your ticket at Arsenal Exchange.

If there is no unity amongst Arsenal fans and still turn up to fill 50,000 plus seats, your opinion does not matter and Arsene Wenger will merrily continue for another 4 years.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 21:34
WOB s outshouted? Fantasy. Firstly no one chanted Wenger out, they chanted Kroenke get out of our club, no one objected, I did not hear one Arsene Wenger chant the whole night. The cheerio Arlene banner stayed up, yes a few AKBS tried to drag it down but they failed.

But none of this is important, what is important is the 10000 who failed to attend and the 30,000 who walked out, those who remained applauded Bayern. Now if Wenger thinks this a good sign he is more deluded than he now looks.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 21:43
Then, time to shout "WENGER OUT" instead of Kroenke out.

To fell a great oak, first you cut off all its roots.

Time for 30,000 fans to fail to turn up.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
10 March, 2017 22:09
Half empty stadium and they would start to listen

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net