football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Does anyone actually think the team will bounce back after all these??
litmus (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 03:19
How can it? I don't see it at all. All the fight has been taken out of the team. Morale is at an all time low, and our players have no fight, no character, no motivation, no idea. We lack leadership on and off the field. Confidence is shot to pieces, and I don't think any player wants to be at Arsenal at this moment, much less a player like Alexis, who looks clearly disenchanted.

It is borne out of AW's preference for certain type of players and his lack of managerial nuances, whatever that means.

We will struggle til the end of season and I won't even be surprise if we lose every single game until then, even to Lincoln.

No Champions League next year, maybe its a good thing with a new Manager. There is no way AW is staying. Cue next Manager, a new era, new players. I am certain of it. I don't care what anybody says. Wenger will announce himself stepping down soon. Believe in it, and it will happen. Nothing else.

Re: Does anyone actually think the team will bounce back after all these??
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 08:38
I doubt we will lose to Lincoln

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 09:41
Quote:
Padre Pio
I doubt we will lose to Lincoln

You think we are good enough to win on Penalty's. lol

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 10:39
Sanchez will come on in extra time get a hat trick and then do a farewell lap of honour

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Mr. Brightside. (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 11:09
You may be allowed to start a little early to give you a chance, about 10-2 smiling bouncing smiley

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 11:54
They will bounce back, make top 4, win fa cup and all will be forgiven.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 11:56
We are going to beat Chelsea, Man City, Tottenham or Man U at Wembley in a real competition I dont think so

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 14:28
Quote:
Gunners R Us
They will bounce back, make top 4, win fa cup and all will be forgiven.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 15:22
I will never underestimated our team during spring as history proved that they always bounced back after being out of title race and out of CL Cup.

They can, and will be fully focus on only one target - winning the Wenger Cup again.

And here we go in the summer with lots of speculations and instability as to this player and that player will he leave or will he stay.

These players are playing for their future or even to display their wares to their prospective employer, and they will be desperate to play out of their skins to win a new contract or to move elsewhere to sign a lucrative contract:
Players on the move will:

1 - Wilshere - no reason to come back unless nobody wanted to sign him;
2 - Ramsey - well, time to move away to prove he is a big player;
3 - OX - should be smart enough to move elsewhere or rotting at Arsenal;
4 - Gibbs - he needed to leave to have a long-term career;
5 - Szczesny - he should make a career at Roma;
6 - Walcott - he should move to a manager who can develop him;
7 - Perez - get out and play regular football in Italy or Spain;
8 - Ospina - time to move to play regular football;

9 - Ozil - he will follow wherever Wenger is going;
10- Alexis - definitely leaving;
11- Jenkinson - another one contented to collect his salary;
12- Debuchy - well, Wenger refused to sell him and no one wanted to match his price.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 16:01
with the right manager which there is a few.. yes with wenger no!

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 16:32
Last time Arsenal lost 5 out of 7 games was last year during the same part of the season:

http://i.imgur.com/XuuSDN0.jpg

So, now that top 4 is on the line, Wenger will motivate the players and we will end up top and at least the FA semi so most fans will be happy with that by the end of this season, as usual and the cycle will continue when Wenger inevitably sign the contract.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

younghansolo (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 18:51
I don't see Ozil turning up for the rest of the season and I wouldn't be surprised if alexis suddenly gets "injured" either.

We will have to accept scraping into top four and going out in the cup in the semi or final this year. That's what we have been reduced to. Sadly, that's also been our sorry for the past ten years.

De Times (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 22:41
Quote:
Big Guhnz
with the right manager which there is a few.. yes with wenger no!
This is the most ridiculous comment I've ever read on Arsenaltimes. Which other manager in the world would you trust with a revival of the club right now ahead of Wenger? If there is anything Wenger has mastered over the years is how to lift his team up from the brinks of total collapse. No other manager in the world has ever done that, and that's why they're normally sacked and he's still here.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 22:55
lay off the vinegar DT

Wenger can't build a premiership team to win a modern premiership proven with 13 years of data that I will trust over your feelings.

He also can't build a team to win the cl proven in 20 years of data that I trust over your deluded feelings!

Maybe you like shipping over 15 goals to the same team in 4 meetings in 12 months on the big stage. Maybe you like capitulating at the same stage every year maybe that's all you know I support arsenal not arsene so I know more than that.

The list of managers is too long to even begin to insult anyone's intelligence with such a list.

SandyB (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 00:30
As DT said Wenger is the legend will be remembered as 5-One in the history of football... lol. But seriously folks, prayer is the only hope if you want to see Wenger decides to leave you have no other choice...lol

litmus (IP Logged)
14 March, 2017 04:52
Its really sad...He should have not let it come to this. Its his own fault as he destroyed his own legacy as the only Invincibles Manager in the modern era. No one can take that away from him.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2017 14:52
We always bounce back in spring.

remember last season where we were dead and gone ... and then started to string together wins in April to snap Top-4 with our opponents imploding?

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
14 March, 2017 16:53
we bloom when the pressure is off so for sure they will bounce back.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net