football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Wenger claimed Arsenal are in “great shape”
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
07 March, 2017 23:59
Arsene Wenger claimed Arsenal are in “great shape”, despite suffering the second-worst defeat in Champions League history.

For the third time in a row, Arsenal suffered a humiliating 5-1 loss to Bayern Munich, consigning them to a 10-2 aggregate defeat that is only beaten by Sporting Lisbon’s record 12-1 demolition – also at the hands of the Bavarian giants.

But despite watching his side implode as Laurent Koscielny was sent-off after conceding a penalty in the second half to end any hopes the Gunners had of reaching the quarter-finals following Theo Walcott’s momentum-building opener, Wenger was keen to praise his players for showing “spirit and pride”. It was a strange claim that not even the most devout Arsenal fan could agree with.

(Sm22)

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt338/BostonGooner1/th_j9gSgr0b_400x400_zps8kfv0ppy.jpg
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt338/BostonGooner1/roastspurs.gif

Re: Wenger claimed Arsenal are in “great shape”
Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 00:07
The red card gave Wenger the perfect excuse.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 06:53
Quote:
Optimistic Gunner
The red card gave Wenger the perfect excuse.

exactly. as soon as the red card was given, I was like 'there you go' perfect excuse

Bergmars (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 08:00
It was no red and frankly the ref was as abysmal as the scoreline but that's no excuse.
Massive change is needed because at the moment we are at a crossroads,if things are not put right we could be in for some mid table finishes for a very long time.
This summer is the most important in a long long time I think a lot of players will move on there are obviously big problems behind the scenes.What the club(Invisible Stan) does could shape things for years and I'm afraid I have no confidence in any of the so called board ultimately one man will decide our fate

DB10,the best.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 09:38
We don't do shape.

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt338/BostonGooner1/th_j9gSgr0b_400x400_zps8kfv0ppy.jpg
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt338/BostonGooner1/roastspurs.gif

tony ronson (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 20:27
The squad is in good shape, but in a terrible rut they can't seem to get out of at the moment. It's the same team that thrashed Chelsea 3 - 0, don't forget. Every club goes through it. I just wish the season would end, like yesterday, and let Wenger spend the summer sorting out what went wrong and let's go again. All this talk of him leaving is crazy, as he didn't look too bothered about the constant talk of his leaving at the after match pres conference. He's a cool customer, but he can't just rely on his legacy anymore, he has to put the work in early in the summer, replace Sanchez as soon as possible and not spend all summer haggling over whoever.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 20:48
Yes its the same team that is 16 points behind Chelsea, that didn't happen overnight did it?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 20:52
Quote:
tony ronson
The squad is in good shape, but in a terrible rut they can't seem to get out of at the moment. It's the same team that thrashed Chelsea 3 - 0, don't forget. Every club goes through it. I just wish the season would end, like yesterday, and let Wenger spend the summer sorting out what went wrong and let's go again. All this talk of him leaving is crazy, as he didn't look too bothered about the constant talk of his leaving at the after match pres conference. He's a cool customer, but he can't just rely on his legacy anymore, he has to put the work in early in the summer, replace Sanchez as soon as possible and not spend all summer haggling over whoever.

No mate he has to go no spending of any money unless its on a taxi

De Times (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 21:49
Arsenal will finish comfortably in the top four and maybe win the FA Cup. After that, we just have to invest significantly in the team to be able to avert this kind of disaster in the future. We didn't lose to Bayern for lack of trying, we lost to them because they're comfortably better than us. While we have Sanchez as our best player, they have players at that level all through their squad -- I mean, Sanchez may not even get in their team.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
08 March, 2017 22:07
When has Wenger sorted anything out in the summer, I mean like ever ?

We go into the next season still tactically inept, with poor quality in key positions and continue to make the same mistakes year after boring year.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 14:26
Quote:
De Times
Arsenal will finish comfortably in the top four and maybe win the FA Cup. After that, we just have to invest significantly in the team to be able to avert this kind of disaster in the future. We didn't lose to Bayern for lack of trying, we lost to them because they're comfortably better than us. While we have Sanchez as our best player, they have players at that level all through their squad -- I mean, Sanchez may not even get in their team.

With a squad that cost less?

You actually think we will win the FA cup... what about when we don't and don't make top four?

We just shipped 15 goals in 12 months against the same team lol and you even look for an excuse other than we are @#$%& and our manager made us @#$%& as he is @#$%&..

If sanchez is our best player and they have players at that level all through there squad for less money.. then who is at fault?

Sanchez may not get in that less expensive squad lmaooo seriously that is even worse wenger has been left behind by football hopefully when he goes fans like you wake up or go with him.

I still think your a spud to be honest.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 16:30
DeTimes will be getting jealous of this new tony ronson character soon. Especially when he closes his eyes, gets on his knees to nosh off Wenger but realises he's only kissing the back of Tony's head.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 21:03
Like 2007/08 season, I would say we are in great shape if we keep many more clean-sheets, plus lots of 1-0 wins, for the remaining 14 or 15 or 16 games.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net