football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

There is disharmony and turmoil in the dressing room
Merlion96 (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 22:04
Nope, Wenger will never criticize his players nor disclosed what is happening within his team.

Alexis was dropped not because of saving him against Bayern Munich - a dead rubber - nor because he needed height to attack Liverpool.

Surely Arsene Wenger had watched that video Leicester City vs Liverpool where Route 101 Football and blazing pace killed off Liverpool. He is not that daft not to realize it.

The only reason is that widely reported turmoil in the dressing room with a petulant Alexis as the central figure. Arsene Wenger had to make a hard-headed decision - maintain team harmony or rollover like a poodle to cater to every whims and fancies of a prima donna?

I detest Alexis for his antics, his egoistic display on the pitch, selfishness and individualistic streak that always attempt to win the game single-handed, sacrificing team-work. The whole team must revolve around him, like in the last 2 seasons with Henry with every ball must go to him ... "Stop Henry and you stop Arsenal from playing".

You all may be obsessed with Alexis as our one our of only two world-class players on display and expect to win honors with Alexis.

I don't.
With Alexis, you will not have a team like Leicester City or Chelski playing together as one compact unit with players playing with each other.

With Alexis, you have one selfish and egoistic individual demanding the ball all the time, the team must revolve around him and all plays must go through him. Playing to the gallery, twisting and turning and taking on 2 to 3 players all the time, ignoring a simple one-touch one-pass that is equally effective.

Why is Costa, Hazard and Pedro are playing so well?
'ços they play for each other with a Fabregas dictating plays from deep.

Why did Suarez and Neymar thrives at Barcelona with Messi whereas Alexis is sold to us?
That answers the question why he came to Arsenal instead of to Juventus, Inter, Milan or even PSG. Abu Dhabi City, Chelski and Bayern Munich can't even be bothered to bid for him.

The sooner that Alexis leaves, the faster we can build a TEAM.

I want to see an Arsenal TEAM even if it is all homegrown and from the Academy.
AT least, it is an Arsenal TEAM and not 10 individual players coached to provide services to the one prima donna in the team, albeit a world-class player.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2017 22:04 by Merlion96.

Re: There is disharmony and turmoil in the dressing room
Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 22:21
Utter bull.
Alexis IS our best player.

And yes Wenger is f*cking daft.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 22:23
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Utter bull.

Eboractos (IP Logged)
04 March, 2017 23:47
Two world class players? That's being awfully generous to Bellerin

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 05:53
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Utter bull.

You have your bullsh*t and I have my bullsh*t.

Like Henry was our best player and Fabregas our best player?
Have one BEST player made an Arsenal TEAM?

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 05:55
Quote:
Eboractos
Two world class players? That's being awfully generous to Bellerin

Mesut Ozil.

Bellerin is not world-class nor the best right-back in EPL.
Like all Wenger's Academy products, they all had vast potential, and only one Wenger Wunderkind fulfilled his potential - Cesc Fabregas.

Bellerin is still work-in-progress and maybe Guardiola or FC Barcelona can improve him to another level.

SandyB (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 06:58
If Alexis can chase the @#$%& out of the club he should be considered as Arsenal legend not to be talked bad...hopefully he stays under a new manager n prove his worth

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 07:02
"Everybody will come to the same conclusion, but I'm strong enough and lucid enough to analyse the impact. And I don't deny that Alexis is a great player. I bought him and I always played him. This decision was not easy to make, but I have to stand up for it," the Frenchman added, as quoted on Arsenal's official site.

.................................................................................

Arsene Wenger is not telling the truth.
Alexis was dropped for causing disharmony for the last few games, displaying his petulance on the pitch and upset over certain players.

05 March, 2017 08:27
Quote:
There is disharmony and turmoil in the dressing room

Wenger is the reason for that.

Trent2000 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 15:42
Pretty obvious something is going on in the back room with Alexis and the team. What insane manager would not start his star in such a crucial game?

If he had an issue with Alexis be a man and do what Allegri did and not suit the player.

Why ask Alexis to change the game at half?

I wish Alexis would have refused to go in and let Wenger be hung out to dry with his insane reason for not playing him.

We need an overhaul of this mess of a team we have and it wont change till Wenger has moved on.

Funny how every team wants Alexis, but no one wants Wenger or the other@#$%&players we have.

Will be a sad next season without Alexis and with Wenger, just wait and see.

TheTruthbeTold (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 16:19
Get rid of Alexis??? We need more players just like him, who give a shitte and show it !

Yes, we lost yesterday because the players were too well rested. What a crock ! It's always something. Would take 10 of Alexis on the pitch with his attitude and work ethic and see how that team fairs against an unselfish gentlemanly team. Wouldn't be close !!! The team needs his passion and drive, and more players like him.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 16:32
The too rested theory beats me, but yes Alexis is our best player and we need more with his attitude not less

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 21:40
Arsenal players reportedly confronted Alexis Sanchez after he walked out of a training session in the lead-up to the side’s 3-1 defeat at Liverpool.

It’s understood Sanchez was involved in a series of heated arguments with Arsene Wenger ahead of the Anfield clash where the Frenchman controversially dropped the forward to the bench.
While a large section of Arsenal supporters criticised Wenger for his team selection on Saturday, it appears a number of the Gunners’ squad were backing their manager before the tie.

The Telegraph suggest several Arsenal stars turned on Sanchez in the changing room after the Chilean attacker bizarrely left the training field mid-session in midweek.

Alexis Sanchez spent the first-half on the bench at Anfield (Picture: PA)

Wenger is believed to be unhappy with the 28-year-old’s work-rate and attitude following the side’s 5-1 thrashing at Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
It was reported that Sanchez lashed out at several of his team-mates after the final whistle at the Allianz Arena.

Read more: [metro.co.uk]

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 21:46
During Jose Reyes saga, Arsene Wenger said that he will not keep any player that refused to play for Arsenal FC.
And his door is always open for any player to tell him so.

If the right offer comes along, Wenger will sell Alexis like a shot.

And why Kolo, CLichy, Adebayor, Nasri, Fabregas and Van Persie were sold.
They all stop playing for Arsenal FC.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Exclusive: Alexis Sanchez in furious bust-up with angry Arsenal team-mates just days before trip to Liverpool.

Matt Law, Football News Correspondent
5 March 2017 • 7:00pm

Alexis Sanchez walked out of training and was involved in a furious bust-up with angry team-mates just days before being dropped to the substitutes’ bench for Arsenal’s trip to Liverpool.

The episode casts even more doubt over the future of Sanchez, who is yet to sign a new contract and is being chased by a number of clubs, including Juventus.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has come under fire for starting with Sanchez on the bench in the 3-1 defeat at Liverpool, with the Frenchman claiming the decision was made for tactical reasons. But Telegraph Sport can reveal it also came on the back of an incident that disrupted Arsenal’s preparations for their key Premier League clash at Anfield.

Although the decision has received an avalanche of criticism from supporters, pundits and former players, it is believed many Arsenal players back Wenger’s stance.
The attitude of Sanchez has come under scrutiny on a number of occasions with the 28 year-old making no secret of his dissatisfaction with certain performances and results.

Sanchez has argued on the pitch with Aaron Ramsey and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain this season, and reacted to the 3-3 draw with Bournemouth in January by throwing his gloves to the floor and storming down the tunnel.

While his winning mentality and hunger to play has never been questioned and is admired by many people at Arsenal, there is a fear that he is overstepping the mark.

Sanchez came off the bench at half-time with his team 2-0 down against Liverpool and set-up Danny Welbeck to get Arsenal back into the game, before they conceded a late third.

It now remains to be seen whether or not Arsenal and Sanchez can put last week’s bust-up behind them in time for him to start against Bayern Munich in the Champions League on Tuesday night.
Mesut Ozil missed the Liverpool defeat through illness, although Telegraph Sport has been told the German may well have been benched at Anfield as well.
Ozil’s form has dipped dramatically and his continued selection had caused much debate around the club. Like Sanchez, the 28 year-old has just over a year remaining on his contract and is yet to sign a new deal.

05 March, 2017 21:47
Get rid of Wenger and those players.

F*ck Wenger and his favourites.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 21:50
While this might very well be true, the fact that is has popped up in numerous papers at once at this time also suggest that the Arsenal PR (or the Kremlin as Padre put it) has put out this to try and deflect the negativity off of Wenger and onto Alexis and the players.

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

tigerline (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 22:02
When did Ramsey return to training?

Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
05 March, 2017 22:33
Well done Alexis, he's a true winner.

He's a better manager than Wenger, telling the players their performances aren't good enough.

Obviously the bunch of pansies are going to support Wenger, because they know they're stealing a living and know that any other top club wouldn't want them.

Sanchez is a f ucking hero, f uck everyone else at the club!

kudzif01 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 01:49
we need more alexis type players:players that want to be great and do not accept mediocrity.If i was him i would also be sick of the other zombie players.

Merlion , Ozil is not world class he is just a good player that can never lead a team which is what a world class player is. He is a cog just a very good one

tigerline (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 02:16
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Well done Alexis, he's a true winner.
He's a better manager than Wenger, telling the players their performances aren't good enough.

Obviously the bunch of pansies are going to support Wenger, because they know they're stealing a living and know that any other top club wouldn't want them.

Sanchez is a f ucking hero, f uck everyone else at the club!

Yessir!!!

Give me a club ... an owner, a board, a manager, players and fans that that WANT TO WIN and will accept nothing less than maximum effort to make it happen.

Give me more like Alexis - top to bottom.

Bergmars (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 06:00
The winning mentality walked out the door years ago,it's time for big change but whilst the so called board wait on Wenger to make HIS mind up that tells all you need to know.

DB10,the best.

Optimistic Gunner (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 08:11
Quote:
Van Persie
my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days...in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward

http://i.imgur.com/b1SeVpw.png

MattySadler (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 08:37
Hector Bellerin has now come out and said that we weren't motivated for the Liverpool game.

If Wenger can't motivate them for a game against league rivals then he really is finished.

The fact that 21 year old Hector f*cking Bellerin is coming out and saying this stuff, there really is something wrong.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 10:10
If that's true then he has finally lost the dressing room.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

DPGZ (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 10:17
"Utter bull.

And yes Wenger is f*cking daft."

Couldn't say it any better than BG

DPGZ (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 10:20
However, I must add, we need more players like alexis that will scream at others who do not pull up their socks!. Hes had it up to here and hes proven right. Imagine bringing on that useless @#$%& called walcott! ...that's enough to break alexis heart

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 12:37
Quote:
DPGZ
"Utter bull.

And yes Wenger is f*cking daft."

Couldn't say it any better than BG

Really?

Just because he scores goals and blamed his tram-mates when he can't score?

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 12:54
It is actually that French cnut that is causing unstability and uncertainty with players with half their minds on what the future hold for them ...

[www.express.co.uk]

"And that's going to be the key. 
"If Wenger stays on there will probably be a bit of a turn over of players with new players coming in and players leaving. 
"If he leaves then obviously it is a completely different story because it depends on who comes in and replaces him and what his ideas are.
"And that will also determine whether or not players like Sanchez and Ozil will then re-sign."

Bergmars (IP Logged)
06 March, 2017 14:34
Who trusts him to sign players his track record in the last few years is flawed at best.

DB10,the best.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 21:14
Arsene Wenger is a hypocritical snake-oil salesman and knew which sides of his bread is buttered and how to suck up to Arsenal fans in a bid to extend his stay for another 4 years.

Both of them will sign a mutually beneficial contract with Alexis being paid what he wanted and announcing "I always love Arsenal FC and never intended to leave. I am happily settled in London as well. It is only negotiation with them to pay what I am worth".

Snake-oil Salesman: "Ï only do what I believe is in the best long-term interest of Arsenal FC. I intend to rebuild the team with Alexis as the fulcrum of the team. I am happy to announce that Silent Stan agreed with me to rebuild the team in the summer and had agreed to release funds for me to buy the players I had identified".

[metro.co.uk]

Alexis Sanchez has demanded a non-negotiable contract worth £250,000 a week with Arsenal, according to reports.
The Guardian claim that the Chilean has a received a ‘massive offer’ from a rival club and has now asked the Gunners to meet his request.

Sanchez has less than two years remaining on his current deal with Arsenal and is widely tipped to leave at the end of the season.
In recent weeks, Sanchez is understood to have distanced himself from team-mates after being involved in two confrontations.
It’s been reported that the 28-year-old reacted angrily in the dressing room to the team’s 5-1 capitulation at the hands of Bayern Munich in Germany.

Read more: [metro.co.uk]

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2017 21:18
However Sportsmail understands that senior support staff at the Emirates are 100 per cent certain that Wenger will sign a new contract and stay at the club. It is understood that summer transfer targets have been identified and are being worked on, for example.
Those at the club who have known Wenger for many years have said privately that the 67-year-old is showing no signs of leaving and is already planning for the future as he looks to take Arsenal back to the top of the English game.
The decision will be left solely to Wenger, who is well aware of the dissenting voices from inside the club's fanbase.
It is understood, majority shareholder Stan Kroenke remains firmly behind Wenger with the likelihood of the US businessman withdrawing the two-year deal on the table remote.

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net