football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Team selection vs Liverpool
tigerline (IP Logged)
31 March, 2015 16:12
Ospina

Bellerin - Gabriel - Koscielny - Monreal

Coquelin

Cazorla

Wilshere - Ozil - Alexis

Giroud

Bench: Szczesny, Debuchy, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Ramsey, Rosicky, Walcott

This assumes that Welbeck and Ox are not available.
Chambers, Arteta, Flamini, Diaby miss out.

In looking at the line-up from today's friendly, it appears that Wilshere played RW and that he scored and had an assist. I prefer his bite out on the pitch in a scrappy match in place of Walcott - close call, however.

I could see Wilshere, Ozil, and Alexis interchanging positions during the match. They have all played all three positions. Even Alexis played centrally vs Brazil.

Re: Team selection vs Liverpool
Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
31 March, 2015 16:19
------------Woj
Bellerin - Gabriel - Kos - Gibbs
-- Jack - Diaby - Cazorla
-----------Özil
---Theo----------Alexis

Blazing squad !!!!!

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
31 March, 2015 17:35
Quote:
Jack_is_the_truth
------------Woj
-----------Özil
---Theo----------Alexis

Blazing squad !!!!!

Only a bumbling lunatic would pick that team.

Moax25-04-04 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2015 20:04
Ospina

Coquelin
Ramsey

Cazorla - Ozil - Alexis

Giroud

tigerline (IP Logged)
31 March, 2015 20:06
Quote:
Moax25-04-04
Ospina

Coquelin
Ramsey

Cazorla - Ozil - Alexis

Giroud

I have no problem with that if Ramsey's groin is OK and he can put in a shift.
I had him on the bench as a precaution.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
31 March, 2015 20:14
Theo & Diaby should never be starters.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
31 March, 2015 20:16
That much is obvious to anyone with a basic understanding of football.

Flava (IP Logged)
01 April, 2015 05:48
Quote:
Jack_is_the_truth
------------Woj
-----------Özil
---Theo----------Alexis

Blazing squad !!!!!

Wow, congratulations on picking the worst team ever seen on Arsenal Times.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
01 April, 2015 13:00
Quote:
tigerline
Ospina

Coquelin

Cazorla

Wilshere - Ozil - Alexis

Giroud

Bench: Szczesny, Debuchy, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Ramsey, Rosicky, Walcott

This assumes that Welbeck and Ox are not available.
Chambers, Arteta, Flamini, Diaby miss out.

In looking at the line-up from today's friendly, it appears that Wilshere played RW and that he scored and had an assist. I prefer his bite out on the pitch in a scrappy match in place of Walcott - close call, however.

I could see Wilshere, Ozil, and Alexis interchanging positions during the match. They have all played all three positions. Even Alexis played centrally vs Brazil.

Agree with playing Gabriel in place of BFG as we need the pace against Pool's pacy forwards. Not a good game for Wilshere to start after an extended lay off. With Pool's high pressing game and Wilshere propensity to hold on to the ball for too long, high risk of losing possession in dangerous places and Wilshere getting injured again. I prefer to move Carzola further up with Ramsey partnering Coq.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
01 April, 2015 14:46
You lot don't know about football

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
01 April, 2015 15:20
I will go for 4-1-4-1:

..........................Ospina

... Bellerin ... Gabriel ... Koscielny ... Monreal

........................Coquelin

... Rosicky ... Cazorla ..........Ozil .... ALexis

..........................Giroud

OX just recovered from his injury and should no b thrown into such a hot cauldron at Emirates.

OX too just recovered and shouldn't be ready for such a high intensive game.

Walcott is useless and couldn't put in a defensive shift and offers protection for Bellerin.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 April, 2015 17:33
Apparently Ospina, Szczesny, Debuchy, Bellerin, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gabriel, Monreal, Gibbs, Coquelin, Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Rosicky, Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud, Alexis, Welbeck and Walcott are all fit to face Liverpool, meaning 5 of that 23 will have to be left out of the match day squad entirely.

tigerline (IP Logged)
01 April, 2015 18:11
Quote:
MattySadler
Apparently Ospina, Szczesny, Debuchy, Bellerin, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gabriel, Monreal, Gibbs, Coquelin, Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Rosicky, Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud, Alexis, Welbeck and Walcott are all fit to face Liverpool, meaning 5 of that 23 will have to be left out of the match day squad entirely.

What's wrong with Diaby? He actually played yesterday.

The five:
Chambers - he is now 3rd choice RB
Arteta - Coquelin improves us so much
Flamini - Ramsey is better depth
Rosicky - rather have Ox, if he is truly healthy
Walcott - rather have Welbeck

MattySadler (IP Logged)
01 April, 2015 19:37
Quote:
tigerline
What's wrong with Diaby? He actually played yesterday.
The five:
Chambers - he is now 3rd choice RB
Arteta - Coquelin improves us so much
Flamini - Ramsey is better depth
Rosicky - rather have Ox, if he is truly healthy
Walcott - rather have Welbeck

You answered your own question, I've highlighted it in bold.

Jonny Bravo (IP Logged)
01 April, 2015 23:20
Got a baaaaaaad feeling about this 12.45 KO right after an international break. Can any of you Gooners in the area block the roads for a couple hours until hour lads wipe the sleep from their eyes and the @#$%& stains from their short..thannnx!

tigerline (IP Logged)
02 April, 2015 11:44
Quote:
tigerline
Ospina

Coquelin

Cazorla Ramsey

Wilshere Cazorla - Ozil - Alexis

Giroud

Bench: Szczesny, Debuchy, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Ramsey Chambers, Rosicky, Walcott

This assumes that Welbeck and Ox are not available. Confirmed, per wenger
Chambers, Arteta, Flamini, Diaby miss out. Confirmed out by wenger, along with Wilshere

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
02 April, 2015 16:05
OX is out.

No news on Ramsey and Welbeck has a "small chance" to play.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
02 April, 2015 16:07
Wenger told the clubs website:

on Arteta, Wilshere, Debuchy and Diaby…

They were all involved on Tuesday and it went well. They’ve no problem after that coming out of the game. They are back available in training, a bit short still of top competitive level certainly but that’s normal. They’ve been out for a long time but I was quite surprised by how fit they looked and the quality of their performance – it was good.

on recalling them for Saturday…

Jack or Diaby or Debuchy, will I involve any of them? I don’t know, I haven’t decided.

on how vital their experience will be…

You want everybody available and back in the final months to compete at the top level. The consistency will play a big part in the success of the team and having everybody available can help.

on Oxlade-Chamberlain and Welbeck…

Oxlade-Chamberlain is still out and not available and Danny Welbeck came back from England with a slight knee injury. It looks like he has a little chance to be available for Saturday still.

What is the latest news on Ramsey?

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
03 April, 2015 12:02
With OX out and Welbeck carrying a "slight injury" plus Ramsey had recovered from his groin injury and starting to regain his goal-scoring form, then Wenger can play his favoured 4-2-3-1 with a full strength side:

.........................Ospina

...Bellerin ... Gabriel ... Koscielny ... Monreal

...............Ramsey ...........Coquelin

...Alexis ..............Cazorla............Ozil

........................Giroud

And when ramsey is pushed forward, it will be 4-1-4-1.

YANKONTHIS (IP Logged)
03 April, 2015 12:20
I think the Boss will go with Ramsey instead of Jack and Mert instead of Gabriel (although I hope not on the latter).

Really pumped about this game but nervous. Last time I was this excited to watch a game we laid a big egg at Spurs.

SUPREME BEING: "I should do something very extroverted and vengeful to you. Honestly, I'm too tired. So, I think I'll transfer you to the undergrowth department, brackens, more shrubs, that sort of thing... with a 19% cut in salary, backdated to the beginning of time."

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
03 April, 2015 15:25
Quote:
YANKONTHIS
I think the Boss will go with Ramsey instead of Jack and Mert instead of Gabriel (although I hope not on the latter).
Really pumped about this game but nervous. Last time I was this excited to watch a game we laid a big egg at Spurs.

You survived St James Park 2nd half and you will certainly survive this "cake-walk"! (Sm6)

weedz (IP Logged)
03 April, 2015 19:04
Ospina
Bellerin.Mertz.Kos.Monreal
Cazorla.Coq
Ox.Ozil.Alexis
Giroud.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net