football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Giroud against the big boys
Flava (IP Logged)
30 March, 2014 21:08
Not good enough I'm afraid. We should've taken the lead in both games against Chelsea this season but Giroud fluffed his lines.

http://imageshack.com/a/img89/7369/dn6q.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/03/2014 21:09 by Flava.

Re: Giroud against the big boys
Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
30 March, 2014 21:22
I can't see the goals column mate but I know I won't be seeing too many figures there.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
30 March, 2014 21:23
Why you feel the need to emphasise what I have been saying ALL SEASON LONG us beyond me

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Flava (IP Logged)
30 March, 2014 21:48
Quote:
Jack_is_the_truth
Why you feel the need to emphasise what I have been saying ALL SEASON LONG us beyond me

You usually say it during games he scores in which makes your point look stupid, a bit like yourself. He has 20 odd goals this season which is good. He just can't do it against top class domestic opposition.

He's the best we have that's the issue. That's not Giroud's fault. That's on Wenger and his team.

GRU, he has two against Spurs and one against Liverpool.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
30 March, 2014 22:00
then whats the point of this thread numbnuts

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
30 March, 2014 22:17
Gerald is pathetic he'd be ok at Stoke or Fulham but he's not the quality we are used to at arsenal or the quality our ticket prices demand

eduardo (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 09:36
don't think Suarez has scored against any of the top 4 sides this season, and has only a couple of goals against top half sides either, like Giroud he scored against tottmum

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 10:41
I wanna see Giroud's record against the rest of the table.

Official 1000th poster in the classic transfer rumors thread of 2014.

Beyond (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 11:18
It's true that Suarez has also not scored enough against top sides. It's also true that he has scored 29 goals this season so far and scored more than one goal in a match on many occasions. How many goals has giroud scored so far and how many times have you seen him scored more than one goal in a match?

De Times (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 11:48
Suarez plays in a team that is doing very well, attacking-wise - with good attackers supporting him and taking the load and attention off him. Giroud on the other hand is playing in a team that has been woeful against the top side. Giroud scores when he has some support which happens against the lesser teams but is nonexistent against the big teams.
This statistics will look useless next season when we have other attackers supporting him and we're dominating the bigger teams. People use to say we don't lose with Arteta playing. Most stats don't tell the whole story, and this is just one of them.

"A club is a union between players, supporters and directors". - Wenger.
Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 11:52
What does Arteta have to do with anything mate?

PKGooner (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 13:03
Quote:
De Times
Suarez plays in a team that is doing very well, attacking-wise - with good attackers supporting him and taking the load and attention off him. Giroud on the other hand is playing in a team that has been woeful against the top side. Giroud scores when he has some support which happens against the lesser teams but is nonexistent against the big teams.
This statistics will look useless next season when we have other attackers supporting him and we're dominating the bigger teams. People use to say we don't lose with Arteta playing. Most stats don't tell the whole story, and this is just one of them.

Suarez plays with the likes of Sterling, Sturridge, Henderson, Allen and an aging Gerrard. A line up I'm certain you too laughed at at the start of the season and declared as not being a match against ours. Suarez plays in a team that is doing well attacking wise BECAUSE of him. You've praised our squad as being the best in the league (and better than Barca). Giroud should be scoring shedloads according to what you've said in the past.

Giroud not getting support in the big games is also laughable. He has missed numerous sitters and one-on-ones, with the score at 0-0. He's simply not good enough.

Trying to downplay Suarez' brilliance - like Eduardo is - is quite ridiculous. Even if Suarez hasn't scored against the big teams he's run them ragged. He's set up chance after chance and played in other players through on goal so many times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/03/2014 13:09 by PKGooner.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 15:55
Quote:
PKGooner
Quote:
De Times

Suarez plays with the likes of Sterling, Sturridge, Henderson, Allen and an aging Gerrard. A line up I'm certain you too laughed at at the start of the season and declared as not being a match against ours. Suarez plays in a team that is doing well attacking wise BECAUSE of him. You've praised our squad as being the best in the league (and better than Barca). Giroud should be scoring shedloads according to what you've said in the past.

Giroud not getting support in the big games is also laughable. He has missed numerous sitters and one-on-ones, with the score at 0-0. He's simply not good enough.

Trying to downplay Suarez' brilliance - like Eduardo is - is quite ridiculous. Even if Suarez hasn't scored against the big teams he's run them ragged. He's set up chance after chance and played in other players through on goal so many times.

This.(Sm152)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

PKGooner (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 16:33
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
PKGooner
Quote:
De Times

This.(Sm152)

Sorry De Times grinning smiley

Quote:
De Times
We have a better starting eleven and a better squad overall, they're just benefiting from playing one game per week. Their manager is also very underrated too.

De Times (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 16:41
Now you have to be disingenuous to get your points across. But I never said we have a squad better than Barca, point me one quote or even one phrase I said that even suggest that we have a better squad than Barca. What I said, however, in 2011, is that our 2011 squad isn't that far off from Barca, especially if you take out Messi from their squad. And that was a team comprising of Fabregas, Song (both at Barca), Vanpersei, Walcott, Nasri, Wilshere, Clichy, Sagna, Szczesny, Vermaelen and Kos. Even an idiot like you can now agree that these players are not that far off from those at Barca. Like Wenger would say, every man think he has the prettiest wife at home. Likewise, as a fan, the least I could do as we were about to play Barca was to support my team, and be calm enough to see and highlight the qualities in our squad. That same team won the match as was predicted by me, and only lost in the return leg when we had most of the first team out through injury and suspension. But instead of give me credit for seeing what your moaning as.s couldn't see two years ago, you're now misrepresenting me to further your stupid agenda against Giroud.
And as for Liverpool and Suarez, the likes of Sterling, Sturridge, and Henderson are having a good season because they have a good coach who has been working on them for a while, and they have benefited from their lack of involvement in Europe. Suarez is good, no doubt, but Liverpool was topping the table this season when he's not kicked a ball for them, so saying they're playing well BECAUSE of Suarez is to show your numptiness once again.
And I never said "Giroud should be scoring shedloads", stop lying. He's a very decent striker, one of the best in the league, and his about 20goals this season is fair representation of my assessment of his abilities. It's clear that with the support of other attackers like Walcott that he could've been on something close to 30 goals by now. You really have to shut up when those who know football are talking. But you won't, you'd rather lie and lie and lie, like saying Giroud has "missed numerous sitters" is yet another ridiculous lie from you. And talking about assists, Giroud has 8, just 4 shy of suarez. He's got a comibined assists and goals totalling 27, one shy of sturridge in 4th place in the top 5. Tell me he wouldn't be up there with walcott available.

Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

De Times (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 16:53
What point are you trying to make quoting me Pk?

PKGooner (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 17:27
Quote:
De Times
Now you have to be disingenuous to get your points across. But I never said we have a squad better than Barca, point me one quote or even one phrase I said that even suggest that we have a better squad than Barca. What I said, however, in 2011, is that our 2011 squad isn't that far off from Barca, especially if you take out Messi from their squad. And that was a team comprising of Fabregas, Song (both at Barca), Vanpersei, Walcott, Nasri, Wilshere, Clichy, Sagna, Szczesny, Vermaelen and Kos. Even an idiot like you can now agree that these players are not that far off from those at Barca. Like Wenger would say, every man think he has the prettiest wife at home. Likewise, as a fan, the least I could do as we were about to play Barca was to support my team, and be calm enough to see and highlight the qualities in our squad. That same team won the match as was predicted by me, and only lost in the return leg when we had most of the first team out through injury and suspension. But instead of give me credit for seeing what your moaning as.s couldn't see two years ago, you're now misrepresenting me to further your stupid agenda against Giroud.
And as for Liverpool and Suarez, the likes of Sterling, Sturridge, and Henderson are having a good season because they have a good coach who has been working on them for a while, and they have benefited from their lack of involvement in Europe. Suarez is good, no doubt, but Liverpool was topping the table this season when he's not kicked a ball for them, so saying they're playing well BECAUSE of Suarez is to show your numptiness once again.
And I never said "Giroud should be scoring shedloads", stop lying. He's a very decent striker, one of the best in the league, and his about 20goals this season is fair representation of my assessment of his abilities. It's clear that with the support of other attackers like Walcott that he could've been on something close to 30 goals by now. You really have to shut up when those who know football are talking. But you won't, you'd rather lie and lie and lie, like saying Giroud has "missed numerous sitters" is yet another ridiculous lie from you. And talking about assists, Giroud has 8, just 4 shy of suarez. He's got a comibined assists and goals totalling 27, one shy of sturridge in 4th place in the top 5. Tell me he wouldn't be up there with walcott available.

(Sm17)

What sort of sh*t argument is "our squad isn't far off if you remove Messi", why would you remove their best player? grinning smiley. And our squad was miles off, it was f*cking light years off. There's a reason their players have swept all before them domestically, in the CL and in International competitions. And for the second leg we had our absolute best first eleven out.

Suarez missed Liverpool's first 5 league games (where they won 3, and scored 5 goals). At the time occasionally Liverpool were topping the table, Southampton and ourselves weren't far off. That means sod all though. After 5 games. You made it sound like they were top until December without him grinning smiley. He returned for the away game at Sunderland (and scored), and since then he's become the highest goal scorer in the league and has the most assists (despite playing 5 games less than everyone else) - yeh Liverpool aren't top because of him grinning smiley. Have you actually seen them play? Have you seen how many moves he starts off even if he doesn't directly score or assist? How teams always have 2 defenders on him? How he makes space for others? How he can beat players for fun? Look up highlights of their game against City. Considering you think of yourself as some sort of football expert you've really shown yourself to know f*ck all grinning smiley. Every August you claim Wenger to be the best manager in the world, and us to have the best squad in the league (f*ck off if you want me to pull up quotes, everyone here is a witness to the deluded sh*te you come out with. I'm not going to look for quotes but you definitely did say Walcott is more effective than Messi. Messi would be more effective even if he had one leg. FFS grinning smiley)

I never said that you said Giroud should be scoring shedloads, stop lying. You said Suarez is doing well because Liverpool are a team with good attackers whilst we've been struggling. I have posted a quote of you, only weeks ago, stating our starting 11 and squad is better than Liverpool. So going by what you said we obviously have better attackers than Liverpool (as we have a better 11 and squad), so Giroud should be scoring MORE than Suarez should he not? Suarez is scoring every week, Giroud should be scoring f*cking shedloads then shouldn't he? Considering he plays in a better team and squad.

Are you really going to argue Giroud hasn't missed chances? grinning smiley. Have you seen us in any of the big games? Did you see him miss the chance at Stamford Bridge a few weeks ago when it was 0-0? Or the chance at the Emirates earlier on in the season?

[
">www.youtube.com
]

Or the chance against them at the Emirates last season (in the last minute) Go to 4:19 below:

[
">www.youtube.com
]

Or the chance against them 0-0 at Stamford Bridge last season?

I'm not trying to push any agenda against Giroud, the picture with his stats above says it all. F*cking hell grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/03/2014 17:34 by PKGooner.

Flava (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 17:49
There you go DT.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 17:57
What will he say in the face of video evidence? Will he try and claim that is not Giroud missing sitters? (Sm2)

eduardo (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 17:59
you call them sitters, chances yes, even half decent chances, but sitters, and you say you are not pushing an agenda against him.

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 18:02
He has missed plenty of sitters.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 18:04
Have a word with yourself mate.

These should be bread and butter for a guy playing for one of the richest clubs in the world. Any half decent striker would stick them in. They are sitters. Are you De Times in disguise?

Like I said before I don't need to push any agenda against Giroud - for him or against him. The original post says it all. Nothing anyone can say justifies those pathetic stats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/03/2014 18:05 by PKGooner.

De Times (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 22:10
Quote:
PKGooner
What sort of sh*t argument is "our squad isn't far off if you remove Messi", why would you remove their best player?
No it's not @#$%& argument. Messi isn't just their best player, he's the best player in the world since Maradona, and my argument is meant to emphasise the fact that Messi makes them undoubtedly better. I said without messi, we're not far off, meaning that even without messi they're still a bit better. It's not a @#$%& statement unless you're just aiming to ridicule the poster. RVP would walk into their team, fabregas plays for them now, Song is in their squad, they're after kos, Sagna is said on here many times to be one of the best in the world, wilshere was man of the match against them, nasri and clichy plays for the richest club in the world. That is 8 players who can play for them. But they had an on fire messi, it killed whatever anyone in world football had that time. When Barca played one champions league match without messi last season they lost 7-0. And it took you that long to realise what I was saying in 2011. So it's not a @#$%& argument at all.
And our squad was miles off, it was f*cking light years off. There's a reason their players have swept all before them domestically, in the CL and in International competitions.
Those players at Arsenal did not have a chance to win trophies because we couldn't keep them at the club. But football doesn't work like that. Even with a squad of champions, it takes time to build a winning team. Bayern didn't win any trophy two seasons ago, but they're the team that beat Barca 7 zero on aggregate one year later, with the same players.
And for the second leg we had our absolute best first eleven out.
Ok, we played them with a depleted squad the year before. But in 2011, we had our most effective player (walcott) missing, and Vanpersei was sent off early. It happened that the last chance of the match which would've seen us qualify fell to bendtner instead of rvp. We were not that far off mate, and you would agree unless you're being disingenuous as always.
Suarez missed Liverpool's first 5 league games (where they won 3, and scored 5 goals). At the time occasionally Liverpool were topping the table, Southampton and ourselves weren't far off. That means sod all though. After 5 games. You made it sound like they were top until December without him.
Sturridge was the hottest striker in the league without suarez, and it's erm disingenuous again to talk about Liverpool's success without him. Liverpool was having it so good they wouldve forgotten about putting Suarez into the team if not that he's a very good player. But you're one of those who always look for a hero and a villain, so you ascribe the success of a team to one player. Liverpool has been very good because, like I said, they have a good manager and their squad is benefiting for less competitions.
He returned for the away game at Sunderland (and scored), and since then he's become the highest goal scorer in the league and has the most assists (despite playing 5 games less than everyone else) - yeh Liverpool aren't top because of him.
He's been a contributing factor, but not sole because of him you idiot.
Have you actually seen them play?
Yeah, many times.
Have you seen how many moves he starts off even if he doesn't directly score or assist?
He did the same thing in previous seasons, it didn't win them even 4th. He hasn't scored against the big teams, liverpool would be midtable without those other players delivering in those games.
How teams always have 2 defenders on him?
Not always, we didn't put two defenders on him, stop lying.
How he makes space for others? How he can beat players for fun?
He doesn't really beat players for fun, does he? Stop exaggerating. Have you seen how many mistakes he make in a game? It means nothing, he's just the striker who has scored 29 goals against the lower half teams. He's good but he's not messi.
Look up highlights of their game against City.
Why should I do that? I watched the game, did he score? Or did pool win?
Considering you think of yourself as some sort of football expert you've really shown yourself to know f*ck all. Every August you claim Wenger to be the best manager in the world, and us to have the best squad in the league (f*ck off if you want me to pull up quotes, everyone here is a witness to the deluded sh*te you come out with. I'm not going to look for quotes but you definitely did say Walcott is more effective than Messi. Messi would be more effective even if he had one leg.)
You're trying to digress now you idiot. Say something constructive and I'll reply.

I never said that you said Giroud should be scoring shedloads, stop lying.
You said Suarez is doing well because Liverpool are a team with good attackers whilst we've been struggling.
Now you're trying to misrepresent me again. Do you actually do lying for a living? I said the attackers have been supporting him hence making his work easier, does that mean I said he's doing well BECAUSE of the attackers at Liverpool?
I have posted a quote of you, only weeks ago, stating our starting 11 and squad is better than Liverpool.
You didn't need to post a quote unless you're just desperate.
So going by what you said we obviously have better attackers than Liverpool (as we have a better 11 and squad),
How does having the better squad mean having the better attackers? Does squad and attackers mean one and the same thing? For your information, one start with an S and the other an A. Pls stop lying, it will kill you one day.
so Giroud should be scoring MORE than Suarez should he not? Suarez is scoring every week, Giroud should be scoring f*cking shedloads then shouldn't he? Considering he plays in a better team and squad.
We may have the better team and squad, but have had our best players missing for many games. Does that still make us the better team?
Are you really going to argue Giroud hasn't missed chances? grinning smiley. Have you seen us in any of the big games? Did you see him miss the chance at Stamford Bridge a few weeks ago when it was 0-0? Or the chance at the Emirates earlier on in the season?

[
">www.youtube.com
]

Or the chance against them at the Emirates last season (in the last minute) Go to 4:19 below:

[
">www.youtube.com
]

Or the chance against them 0-0 at Stamford Bridge last season?

I'm not trying to push any agenda against Giroud, the picture with his stats above says it all. F*cking hell
Giroud should've scored those goals, but they were from a difficult angle. They were nothing like sitters as you claimed them to be you liar. It's a shame you have to go to a match from last season just to prove that Giroud miss sitters. Every striker miss chances, every top striker miss sitters as well, so why don't he wait till he actually does before you say rubbish. He may miss sitters in the future, but we hardly create chances for him hence a limited opportunity for him to miss chances let alone sitters. Get off the guy's back, it's not his fault he's more handsome than you and your children are ever going to be. It's not his fault that your girlfriend think he's cute.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 22:16
Is this guy actually for real?

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
31 March, 2014 22:19
Girouds record means nothing? Lmaooooooooooooo

Best joke in years mate thanks for that

De Times (IP Logged)
01 April, 2014 00:00
Quote:
Big Guhnz
What are u on about u turnip?

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
01 April, 2014 03:52
aahh the pleasure of reading the word 'disingenuous'..... probabaly one of the few times some1 other than Ed used it after a long time..... Radio Radio wherefore art thou Radio

PKGooner (IP Logged)
02 April, 2014 14:33
You are obviously a bit slow so I'll try again.

Quote:
No it's not @#$%& argument. Messi isn't just their best player, he's the best player in the world since Maradona, and my argument is meant to emphasise the fact that Messi makes them undoubtedly better. I said without messi, we're not far off, meaning that even without messi they're still a bit better. It's not a @#$%& statement unless you're just aiming to ridicule the poster. RVP would walk into their team, fabregas plays for them now, Song is in their squad, they're after kos, Sagna is said on here many times to be one of the best in the world, wilshere was man of the match against them, nasri and clichy plays for the richest club in the world. That is 8 players who can play for them. But they had an on fire messi, it killed whatever anyone in world football had that time. When Barca played one champions league match without messi last season they lost 7-0. And it took you that long to realise what I was saying in 2011. So it's not a @#$%& argument at all.

RvP would not have walked into their team at the time. Pedro and Villa were excellent, not forgetting the fact that at the time RvP hadn't actually managed to put together a run of games for Arsenal. When we played Barca was the start of his injury free run.

Sagna is not a patch on Alves. No one outside of Arsenal rates Koscienly, never have and still don't. Song hardly ever plays for them, which once again proves the f*cking point he wouldn't get into their team. Fabregas at the time wouldn't have gotten a look into their side because of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets being in excellent form. Wilshere had an excellent game against them indeed, but so what? Sociedad hammered them a few ago, Vela played well, that means he'd get into their side? Wilshere was put in his place in the 2nd leg. Nasri and Clichy at the time (and presently too) would have no chance of getting into their side. So basically the 8 players you claim could have played for them definitely wouldn't have gotten into their side at the time. Most of them still wouldn't. In actual fact it is a very sh*t argument, but then again that is the norm for you.

Quote:
Those players at Arsenal did not have a chance to win trophies because we couldn't keep them at the club. But football doesn't work like that. Even with a squad of champions, it takes time to build a winning team. Bayern didn't win any trophy two seasons ago, but they're the team that beat Barca 7 zero on aggregate one year later, with the same players. Ok, we played them with a depleted squad the year before. But in 2011, we had our most effective player (walcott) missing, and Vanpersei was sent off early. It happened that the last chance of the match which would've seen us qualify fell to bendtner instead of rvp. We were not that far off mate, and you would agree unless you're being disingenuous as always.

Why do you think we couldn't keep those players at the club you imbecile? Because they were't winning f*cking trophies grinning smiley. If we won the league in 09/10 and 10/11 would Nasri and Clichy have wanted to go to City? Would they f*ck. Winning the league would have set us up unbelievably in terms of commercial deals to bring in more money.

Forget all the arguments on the issue and just stop to consider, for a moment, that you're trying to claim the losers we had from 09-12, who didn't finish in the top 2 or win any trophies, were a patch on players playing for the greatest club side - and probably International side in history. Give your head a f*cking wobble grinning smiley

Quote:
Sturridge was the hottest striker in the league without suarez, and it's erm disingenuous again to talk about Liverpool's success without him. Liverpool was having it so good they wouldve forgotten about putting Suarez into the team if not that he's a very good player

Once again you're talking about Liverpool's success without Suarez. They only played 5 league games without him. At the time Southampton were riding high too near the top of the table. Would Liverpool be top of the table, 8 months later in April, if Suarez hadn't come back? Answer this honestly. How the f*ck can you say a guy who has scored nearly 30 goals and has half as many assists, as well has creating the 3rd highest IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, playing in front of a p*ss poor midfield (or so most people thought, including yourself, though now of course you will lie and try to claim otherwise, as usual), scored hat tricks by belting in free kicks from 20 yards, 30 yards, chested down volleys and screamed them in from 25 yards, scored goals from outside the area with his right foot, left foot, as well as having the most MOTM awards for Liverpool, and in the COUNTRY, as well as having 29 league goals in 27 games, is just a "contributing factor". He's more than a contributing factor mate, he has quite spectacularly ripped teams apart and his individual performance is why Liverpool are where they are. No doubt he will be winning a few awards come the end of the season. How he has performed this season isn't in a "contributory role", he's inspired them; a fact the whole country realises and accepts despite the fact large numbers can't stand him.

Other Liverpool players have improved and played well, very well, but there's no chance Liverpool would be challenging for the league if it wasn't for Suarez.

Quote:
He did the same thing in previous seasons, it didn't win them even 4th. He hasn't scored against the big teams, liverpool would be midtable without those other players delivering in those games.

Last season was the only other full season he's played besides this one - he got 23 goals and 5 assists in 33 league games, he's already got more goals and double the assists this season despite playing 6 less games. There are still 6 games to go, you'd fancy him to end up with at least 35 goals and 15-16 assists. A far superior performance, of course not forgetting the fact he's created the highest number of chances in the Liverpool team. So saying "he did the same thing in previous seasons", is once again, bullsh*t. Maybe we should have put 2 defenders on him De Times, might have stopped him ripping us a new @rsehole. What do you think?

Quote:
Yeah, many times.
He doesn't really beat players for fun, does he?

I could go on but there is no point, because despite your claim of having watched Liverpool play many times, it's clear you haven't seen them play at all this season, how teams set up against them, and how he does indeed beat players for fun, or you are just completely f*cking bonkers, which is the more likely case.

Quote:
Do you actually do lying for a living?

Not anymore (Sm14)

Quote:
I said the attackers have been supporting him hence making his work easier, does that mean I said he's doing well BECAUSE of the attackers at Liverpool?

Good god.

You really do need to read the utter tripe you type before clicking "Post message".

You tried to jusify Giroud's poor performance by stating Suarez plays in a team that is doing very well attacking wise, with good attackers, whilst Giroud is playing in a team that has been woeful against the top sides. I think it is quite fair to assume that you're insinuating that Suarez has performed well or is "doing well" because he's supported by good attackers in comparison with Giroud, who has been struggling because he hasn't been supported by good attackers.

What makes your nonsense even more ridiculous is the fact you've suddenly changed your viewpoint on the quality of Liverpool's squad against ours.

You said:

"We have a better starting eleven and a better squad overall"

Do you know what that means? Having a better starting eleven? It means that if we were to compare our 11 against theirs, man for man, ours would be better. I think it is quite fair to assume that would include attackers too, no? Make your mind up - is Suarez supported by better attackers or is Giroud? Changing the goalposts to suit your nonsense as usual I see.

Quote:
We may have the better team and squad, but have had our best players missing for many games. Does that still make us the better team?

Who the f*ck cares? All that matters is the league table.

Quote:
Giroud should've scored those goals, but they were from a difficult angle. They were nothing like sitters as you claimed them to be you liar. It's a shame you have to go to a match from last season just to prove that Giroud miss sitter

"Difficult angle" grinning smiley.
Go to a match from last season? The Chelsea game above is from this season mate. Not forgetting the chance he missed at the Bridge a few weeks ago at 0-0. You say it perfectly though, "Giroud should have scored those goals". End of the matter really.

Quote:
it's not his fault he's more handsome than you and your children are ever going to be. It's not his fault that your girlfriend think he's cute.

This whole 'debate' is really tedious and has been putting me to sleep to be honest but I really did laugh out loud at this grinning smiley. Seems like Flava isn't the only one who fancies him, seems like you want to play ass-grab with him too (Sm14)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2014 17:06 by PKGooner.

Flava (IP Logged)
02 April, 2014 19:49
Game set and match Mr PK. You've ripped his sh.it post to pieces mate.

Shane (IP Logged)
02 April, 2014 20:06
Hmm, seems like PK has become possessed by the spirit of RadioFreeArsenal.

Exorcism or exile? That's the big question now. Is PK worth saving? I think so but plenty disagree, and I'm not jumping through a window after Radio gets inside me so we should probably ban him before this gets worse. The posts are only going to get longer so it's best we nip this in the bud.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2014 20:07 by Shane.

De Times (IP Logged)
02 April, 2014 23:01
Quote:
PKGooner
RvP would not have walked into their team at the time.
The problem with you and your likes is you like to assume things rather than follow facts and logic. The fact is, in that season, 2011 villa scored 18 goals and 5assists in 32 starts, while VanPersei scored 18 goals and 7 assists from 19 starts. He missed many games due to injury but still scored more goals simply because he was the better striker. To prove that fact, one season later, Villa scored 5 goals in 8 starts and was shipped out, while VanPersei won the golden boot in England and also the Premier league player of the season. Even in the match between both teams, VanPersei outshone villa. The simple logic is, at that point in time, VanPersei would walk into the Barca team.
Pedro and Villa were excellent,
Pedro was good, but Villa certainly was far from excellent, stop lying.
not forgetting the fact that at the time RvP hadn't actually managed to put together a run of games for Arsenal. When we played Barca was the start of his injury free run.
Being disturbed by injury didn't prevent him from being the better striker, it only affected his record, but everyone knew he was world class.

Sagna is not a patch on Alves.
Sagna is more solid defensively, I assume a coach like Mourinho would prefer Sagna to Alves, stop saying what you don't know.
No one outside of Arsenal rates Koscienly, never have and still don't.
We had the highest clean-sheet in the league that season, Kos was superb. But, like I said, you can't form your own opinion, you depend on what others have to say. When I was saying in 2011 that Kos had great qualities, you said I was delusional, but one year later, every top club in the world want him in their team and every football fan says he's top class. How can you pretend you know what everyone think of Koscienly. How desperate you are trying to make one point.
Song hardly ever plays for them, which once again proves the f*cking point he wouldn't get into their team.
If they didn't think he could play for them they wouldn't spend millions to have him in their squad you idiot.
Fabregas at the time wouldn't have gotten a look into their side because of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets being in excellent form.
You're so full of @#$%& aren't you? At the end of the season Fabregas walked straight into their starting eleven, yet you're still denying. All you do here is to deny and deny, either you're lying or denying things.
Wilshere had an excellent game against them indeed, but so what? Sociedad hammered them a few ago, Vela played well, that means he'd get into their side? Wilshere was put in his place in the 2nd leg.
Wilshere was only outshone by Messi in the return leg, and we played with ten men. Wilshere, pre-injury, was good enough to play for any team in the world, and I wasn't the only one saying that.
Nasri and Clichy at the time (and presently too) would have no chance of getting into their side.
Nasri that season was the runner-up, epl player of the season. He's currently one of the main reason city will win the league. He's always been a better player than Pedro.
So basically the 8 players you claim could have played for them definitely wouldn't have gotten into their side at the time. Most of them still wouldn't. In actual fact it is a very sh*t argument, but then again that is the norm for you.
You won't know what is sh*t even though it hit you in the face, maybe it's cos you're sh*t personified.

Why do you think we couldn't keep those players at the club you imbecile? Because they were't winning f*cking trophies. If we won the league in 09/10 and 10/11 would Nasri and Clichy have wanted to go to City? Would they f*ck. Winning the league would have set us up unbelievably in terms of commercial deals to bring in more money.
Seriously, I always knew you were such an idiot, you just confirmed it with that stupid post. Like I said earlier, you just copy things from other stupid posters like yourself, and it doesn't matter whether it makes sense or not .
Forget all the arguments on the issue and just stop to consider, for a moment, that you're trying to claim the losers we had from 09-12, who didn't finish in the top 2 or win any trophies, were a patch on players playing for the greatest club side - and probably International side in history. Give your head a f*cking wobble grinning smiley
[/b]I'm talking about our 2010/11 team, the team that beat barca here at the emirates, the team that was top of the league for most of the season. Get that into your thick skull[/b].

Once again you're talking about Liverpool's success without Suarez. They only played 5 league games without him. At the time Southampton were riding high too near the top of the table. Would Liverpool be top of the table, 8 months later in April, if Suarez hadn't come back? Answer this honestly.
The honest answer is, I don't know. Would they be top of the table if suarez had played all the games for them but sturridge hadn't played? I don't know either. Would they be top of the table if sterling, henderson and sturridge didn't do so well this season? No they wouldn't. Would they be top if they had european distractions? I don't think so. Suarez isn't ronaldinho, neither is he messi, but even for those guys, they relied on their teams to be insanely good to have their success. Suarez is just the best player at Liverpool, but if Arsenal was able to gain more points last season without rvp, then maybe Liverpool couldve gotten more points this season without Suarez.
How the f*ck can you say a guy who has scored nearly 30 goals and has half as many assists,
Stop exaggerating, or should I say, stop lying. as well has creating the 3rd highest IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, playing in front of a p*ss poor midfield (or so most people thought, including yourself, though now of course you will lie and try to claim otherwise, as usual),
We have a better midfield than they do. But did I say their midfield is p*ss poor? Stop lying you liar.
scored hat tricks by belting in free kicks from 20 yards, 30 yards, chested down volleys and screamed them in from 25 yards, scored goals from outside the area with his right foot, left foot, as well as having the most MOTM awards for Liverpool, and in the COUNTRY, as well as having 29 league goals in 27 games, is just a "contributing factor". He's more than a contributing factor mate, he has quite spectacularly ripped teams apart and his individual performance is why Liverpool are where they are.
No matter how well you write it, it doesn't remove the fact that there are other players at Liverpool going for Liverpool player of the season.
No doubt he will be winning a few awards come the end of the season. How he has performed this season isn't in a "contributory role", he's inspired them; a fact the whole country realises and accepts despite the fact large numbers can't stand him.
Other Liverpool players have improved and played well, very well, but there's no chance Liverpool would be challenging for the league if it wasn't for Suarez.
Let me make one point to you, you idiot. Suarez hasn't scored against the best teams in England, and he has about half of his goals as a second goal from his team. Now, compare that to rvp in his last season with us, he was practically scoring the only goal for us, and he score against almost everyone in the league, running away with the epl player of the season award. He inspired us more than how suarez has inspired liverpool, but did that see us go anywhere near the top of the league? Liverpool wouldn't be where they are right now if they were playing in europe, and if their other players hadn't stepped up big time.

Last season was the only other full season he's played besides this one - he got 23 goals and 5 assists in 33 league games, he's already got more goals and double the assists this season despite playing 6 less games.
How many goals and assists more? Are those few extra goals and assists the reason liverpool have all the extra points they now have? You're delusional.
There are still 6 games to go, you'd fancy him to end up with at least 35 goals and 15-16 assists. A far superior performance, of course not forgetting the fact he's created the highest number of chances in the Liverpool team. So saying "he did the same thing in previous seasons", is once again, bullsh*t. Maybe we should have put 2 defenders on him De Times, might have stopped him ripping us a new @rsehole. What do you think?

Quote:
Yeah, many times.
He doesn't really beat players for fun, does he?

I could go on but there is no point, because despite your claim of having watched Liverpool play many times, it's clear you haven't seen them play at all this season, how teams set up against them, and how he does indeed beat players for fun, or you are just completely f*cking bonkers, which is the more likely case.

Quote:
Do you actually do lying for a living?

Not anymore (Sm14)

Quote:
I said the attackers have been supporting him hence making his work easier, does that mean I said he's doing well BECAUSE of the attackers at Liverpool?

Good god.

You really do need to read the utter tripe you type before clicking "Post message".

You tried to jusify Giroud's poor performance by stating Suarez plays in a team that is doing very well attacking wise, with good attackers, whilst Giroud is playing in a team that has been woeful against the top sides. I think it is quite fair to assume that you're insinuating that Suarez has performed well or is "doing well" because he's supported by good attackers in comparison with Giroud, who has been struggling because he hasn't been supported by good attackers.
Why are you assuming and insinuating? Suarez will always do well irrespective of his team, but it's been a lot more easier for him this season because of the support he get from his teammate. Likewise, Giroud has done well as well, but he's not at the level he should be because he lacks the support of his team. Are you really that dumb?
What makes your nonsense even more ridiculous is the fact you've suddenly changed your viewpoint on the quality of Liverpool's squad against ours.

You said:

"We have a better starting eleven and a better squad overall"

Do you know what that means? Having a better starting eleven? It means that if we were to compare our 11 against theirs, man for man, ours would be better. I think it is quite fair to assume that would include attackers too, no? Make your mind up - is Suarez supported by better attackers or is Giroud? Changing the goalposts to suit your nonsense as usual I see.
I'm not sure I'll still reply your nonsense after now, cos you're such a desperate fool.
Can a team not have a better starting eleven but an inferior starting attackers? We have the better defence and midfield, does that not make us the better team irrespective of the quality of our attack
?

Quote:

Who the f*ck cares? All that matters is the league table.
You would have to care if you're talking about who has the better team.

Quote:
Giroud should've scored those goals, but they were from a difficult angle. They were nothing like sitters as you claimed them to be you liar. It's a shame you have to go to a match from last season just to prove that Giroud miss sitter

"Difficult angle" grinning smiley.
Go to a match from last season? The Chelsea game above is from this season mate. Not forgetting the chance he missed at the Bridge a few weeks ago at 0-0. You say it perfectly though, "Giroud should have scored those goals". End of the matter really.
He shouldve scored, he missed the chances, but they were nothing like sitters and you lied. I've seen ten times more missed opportunities yesterday and today. Giroud doesn't miss sitters, stop lying.

Quote:
it's not his fault he's more handsome than you and your children are ever going to be. It's not his fault that your girlfriend think he's cute.

This whole 'debate' is really tedious and has been putting me to sleep to be honest but I really did laugh out loud at this grinning smiley. Seems like Flava isn't the only one who fancies him, seems like you want to play ass-grab with him too (Sm14)

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
02 April, 2014 23:07
Stop answering in bold you douce.

Shane (IP Logged)
02 April, 2014 23:51
I don't know why people respond to sh*t inside the quote box.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
03 April, 2014 08:58
Did he just say giroud doesn't miss sitters?

Lay of the crack mate flipping eck

Beyond (IP Logged)
03 April, 2014 09:15
It seems de times is eager to win the most deluded arsenal fan title here

PKGooner (IP Logged)
03 April, 2014 09:43
Quote:
De Times
The problem with you and your likes is you like to assume things rather than follow facts and logic. The fact is, in that season, 2011 villa scored 18 goals and 5assists in 32 starts, while VanPersei scored 18 goals and 7 assists from 19 starts. He missed many games due to injury but still scored more goals simply because he was the better striker. To prove that fact, one season later, Villa scored 5 goals in 8 starts and was shipped out, while VanPersei won the golden boot in England and also the Premier league player of the season. Even in the match between both teams, VanPersei outshone villa. The simple logic is, at that point in time, VanPersei would walk into the Barca team

Another pointless snippet from you. Van Persie had never put a proper run of games together when we played them. So no he wouldn't have gotten into their team at the time. We all knew he was talented but he hadn't proven it because of being injured all the time. Villa was, and rightly so, considered far superior at the time. Listing stats from the next season is desperation from you. It's irrelevant.

Van Persie didn't outshine Villa in that game anyway. Van Persie scored but do you know remember who scored Barcelona's goal at the Emirates? Come on, it's obvious. I know you're slow but you can get this!

You say...

Quote:
De Times
I assume a coach like Mourinho would prefer Sagna to Alves

Followed by:

Quote:
De Times
stop saying what you don't know

grinning smiley

Quote:
De Times
We had the highest clean-sheet in the league that season, Kos was superb. But, like I said, you can't form your own opinion, you depend on what others have to say. When I was saying in 2011 that Kos had great qualities, you said I was delusional

Mate when usually "every top club in the world" want one of our players, they get them. Probably why all of our top players have left, no?

My response to:

Quote:
De Times
but one year later, every top club in the world want him in their tea

is

Quote:

Then you proceed to say:

Quote:
De Times
every football fan says he's top class

And then immediately have a go at me by stating:

Quote:
De Times
How can you pretend you know what everyone think of Koscienly. How desperate you are trying to make one point.

grinning smiley

Quote:
De Times
If they didn't think he could play for them they wouldn't spend millions to have him in their squad you idiot.

He's started 14 league games this season, and 27 overall (out of 58) since signing for them in August 2012. Suffice to say he wouldn't have gotten into Barcelona's playing 11 in 2011? grinning smiley

Quote:
De Times
At the end of the season Fabregas walked straight into their starting eleven, yet you're still denying. All you do here is to deny and deny, either you're lying or denying things

Fabregas' place was so insecure that by the end of last season he had to flirt with Man United so Barcelona would either clarify his position at the club, or let him go. If the fans rate you at Barcelona this never happens these days.

Quote:
De Times
Wilshere was only outshone by Messi in the return leg, and we played with ten men. Wilshere, pre-injury, was good enough to play for any team in the world, and I wasn't the only one saying that.

Wilshere was superb playing alongside Fabregas, Song and Nasri. Not been so good since has he?

Quote:
De Times
Nasri that season was the runner-up, epl player of the season. He's currently one of the main reason city will win the league. He's always been a better player than Pedro.

Pedro scored 22 goals in 10-11, including the equaliser in the Champions League final against Man United. Nasri would never have gotten in over him that season. More nonsense from you.

Nasri has only ever reached double figures in terms of goal scored once, Pedro has been doing it every year since 2009. Yeh that Nasri SH*TS all over Pedro doesn't he? grinning smiley. Now I expect you'll change the goalposts again and claim goals aren't the only thing that matter.

Quote:
De Times
Stop exaggerating, or should I say, stop lying

He has 29 goals and 13 assists in all competitions. A statement of "nearly 30 goals and half as many assists" isn't a gross exaggeration is it? But then again comprehension is quite obviously not one of your strong points.

Quote:
De Times
We have a better midfield than they do. But did I say their midfield is p*ss poor? Stop lying you liar

As long as you accept we have a better midfield you should accept Giroud is getting better service. You're trying to wriggle your way out of this but you keep digging deeper.

Quote:
De Times
o matter how well you write it, it doesn't remove the fact that there are other players at Liverpool going for Liverpool player of the season

Me "writing it well" has nothing to do it, I listed FACTS, and you're trying to make excuses as usual. Suarez won the FSF player of the year award in December, is favourite to be Liverpool player of the season, just as he is favourite to win player of the year awards (as grudgingly accepted even by the M.E.N paper, where quite a few of the writers are City fans).

Gerrard might win player of the year at Liverpool but that would be purely sentimental - a scouser playing all his life for one his home club, and for all the years he has taken grief from Man United fans "Have you ever seen Gerrard win the league?", "how many league medals have you got?". I don't expect you'd know about this though. I read the other day you said you watched the Arsenal-City game with some City fans grinning smiley, I expect these City fans used to support Man United or Chelsea up until quite recently? grinning smiley

Quote:
De Times
and if their other players hadn't stepped up big time

I've credited their manager and their other players (I made a thread on it in February). I've said it in this thread too. The simple FACT is however (refer to the FACTS I listed above) that Suarez has been sensational and has indeed inspired them.

A view Liverpool's OFFICIAL WEBSITE also seems to be in agreement with otherwise they wouldn't be linking such articles on a site which represents them to the world and helps them sign clueless fans abroad like you (Not all of them are clueless of course, large numbers are like you though).

He's also been voted Player of the season by PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGERS but noooooo, he's only played a "contributory role", he's not inspired Liverpool AT ALL.

Quote:
De Times
for him this season because of the support he get from his teammate. Likewise, Giroud has done well as well, but he's not at the level he should be because he lacks the support of his team. Are you really that dumb?
Can a team not have a better starting eleven but an inferior starting attackers? We have the better defence and midfield, does that not make us the better team irrespective of the quality of our attack?

Christ.

Do you know what the phrase "a better starting eleven" means? I'll literally have to spell this out as your stupidity is staggering.

It means you go compare 2 teams, player for player, from GK to CF. The team which has superior players playing in every position HAS A BETTER STARTING ELEVEN. It's why you see ELEVEN in the phrase.

If we have a better defence/midfield we don't have a better ELEVEN do we? We have a better SIX OR SEVEN.

When we played Liverpool at the Emirates for the league game, Suarez and Sturridge were in good form. Do you know the previews the paper went with? They were of the view that Liverpool had better strikers but Arsenal's midfield was superior. They did not say Arsenal have a better STARTING ELEVEN. Because that is nonsense.

The issue here basically is that you've tangled yourself up in all the SH*TE you spout. You had to say we have a better starting eleven ((Sm164)) and squad than Liverpool to keep up your persona of, well, being a deluded moron (why? (Sm55)) but now you've found yourself a situation where you have to defend Giroud's woeful recent performances. You have to defend him because you're permanently impaled on Wenger's c*ck.

Out of interest, if Ramsey, Wilshere and Walcott are fit - do you believe Giroud will get more than 30 league goals like Suarez undoubtedly will? (Please say yes grinning smiley)

Quote:
De Times
Giroud doesn't miss sitters, stop lying

grinning smiley

Quote:
De Times
I'm not sure I'll still reply your nonsense after now, cos you're such a desperate fool.

(Sm17)

PKGooner (IP Logged)
03 April, 2014 09:45
Quote:
Big Guhnz

YES grinning smiley

De Times (IP Logged)
03 April, 2014 22:13
Ha! you're such a desperate kunk pk, the picture I have of you is so funny. You keep going in circle spewing desperate lies along the way.
How does having a better starting eleven mean that every single player in your eleven must be better than every single player in the other eleven? I can't keep chatting with an c*nt that thinks like that. What's good for you is to lock you up in a small bottle, drop it in the bottom of the sea where I come and give you a good head spanking, once every single day. You're that insignificant.

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
03 April, 2014 22:30
We have a worse starting XI than Chelsea and Man City, one of the main reasons for that is our striker.

shak (IP Logged)
03 April, 2014 23:04
Quote:
De Times
Ha! you're such a desperate kunk pk, the picture I have of you is so funny. You keep going in circle spewing desperate lies along the way.
How does having a better starting eleven mean that every single player in your eleven must be better than every single player in the other eleven? I can't keep chatting with an c*nt that thinks like that. What's good for you is to lock you up in a small bottle, drop it in the bottom of the sea where I come and give you a good head spanking, once every single day. You're that insignificant.

Haha fu*k off.

Can't you read his posts? If our eleven are better according to you then it means Giroud gets better service yet still scores @#$%& all.

You must have sausages for brains if with the tripe you type.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2014 23:06 by shak.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
03 April, 2014 23:11
Quote:
De Times

I've had to keep repeating myself because you're simply too dense. You get backed into a corner, then your silly arguments simply get torn to shreds with facts, video evidence and numerous reputable internet links. I've basically run rings around you to be honest. Your cowardly retreat comes as little surprise to me (Sm3).

The above truly is a classic post by the way, you f*cking lunatic grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2014 23:11 by PKGooner.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
03 April, 2014 23:15
Quote:
shak
Quote:
De Times

Haha fu*k off.

Can't you read his posts? If our eleven are better according to you then it means Giroud gets better service yet still scores @#$%& all.

grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2014 23:40 by PKGooner.

De Times (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 07:57
Quote:
shak
Quote:
De Times

Haha fu*k off.

Football doesn't work like that you moron, a better eleven doesn't necessarily translate into better service for the top striker. Service are service, and it doesn't matter whether it's coming from a poor team or a good team, if the striker isn't getting service he isn't getting it. Before Ozil got injured, he wasn't creating any chances hence the criticism of him in the media, his form dipped due to fatigue and other reasons, and he wasn't creating anymore. Does that mean the midfielders at Liverpool and other clubs who have created more chances than Ozil in that period are better footballers than him?
Also, we have a better defence and midfield than Pool, which effectively makes us the better team. But an important member of our attack has been missing (theo), even Podolski and Chamberlain missed a large chunk of the season, and Ramsey who has been one of our major attacking threats has missed many games as well. It means Giroud lacks the support he needs - support in terms of offering necessary distraction and direct service. He plays too many games than he should hence his apparent tiredness. Ordinarily, he should be injured with the workload this whole season, but he's got a very healthy body and deserve credit for being always available while being our most important player this season.
There are literally hundreds of reasons why a better starting eleven may create less chances for its main striker, but there's no use going on and on since your skull is too thick to learn quick.

De Times (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 07:57
Quote:
shak
Quote:
De Times

Haha fu*k off.

Football doesn't work like that you moron, a better eleven doesn't necessarily translate into better service for the top striker. Service are service, and it doesn't matter whether it's coming from a poor team or a good team, if the striker isn't getting service he isn't getting it. Before Ozil got injured, he wasn't creating any chances hence the criticism of him in the media, his form dipped due to fatigue and other reasons, and he wasn't creating anymore. Does that mean the midfielders at Liverpool and other clubs who have created more chances than Ozil in that period are better footballers than him?
Also, we have a better defence and midfield than Pool, which effectively makes us the better team. But an important member of our attack has been missing (theo), even Podolski and Chamberlain missed a large chunk of the season, and Ramsey who has been one of our major attacking threats has missed many games as well. It means Giroud lacks the support he needs - support in terms of offering necessary distraction and direct service. He plays too many games than he should hence his apparent tiredness. Ordinarily, he should be injured with the workload this whole season, but he's got a very healthy body and deserve credit for being always available while being our most important player this season.
There are literally hundreds of reasons why a better starting eleven may create less chances for its main striker, but there's no use going on and on since your skull is too thick to learn quick.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 11:02
You really are one thick c*nt.

It's obvious you were repeatedly dropped on your head as a child so I'll keep it simple. Forget comparing starting 11's or squads, it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

Just consider this: If Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere and Ozil were fit all season to provide service, would Giroud score 30+ league goals like Suarez is about to? (Keep in mind Henry ever managed it once despite playing with far better players).

(Please say yes grinning smiley.)

You deserve a slap for even mentioning Suarez and Giroud in the same sentence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2014 11:27 by PKGooner.

Beyond (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 11:42
Giroud could be playing with xavi, Iniesta and messi and he still won't score 30 goals or more. That said I can see him score with 30 gals and more.

Shane (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 12:26
Quote:
Beyond
Giroud could be playing with xavi, Iniesta and messi and he still won't score 30 goals or more. That said I can see him score with 30 gals and more.

Well he's going to end up with more than 20 this season, so you have to imagine he would most probably exceed the 30-goal mark playing alongside players like that.

De Times (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 13:00
Quote:
PKGooner

I've had to keep repeating myself because you're simply too dense. You get backed into a corner, then your silly arguments simply get torn to shreds with facts, video evidence and numerous reputable internet links. I've basically run rings around you to be honest. Your cowardly retreat comes as little surprise to me (Sm3).
It's not a retreat you idiot, it's called ignore. Let me show you why your last post did not deserve my time:

Quote:
PKGooner
Quote:
De Times
The problem with you and your likes is you like to assume things rather than follow facts and logic. The fact is, in that season, 2011 villa scored 18 goals and 5assists in 32 starts, while VanPersei scored 18 goals and 7 assists from 19 starts. He missed many games due to injury but still scored more goals simply because he was the better striker. To prove that fact, one season later, Villa scored 5 goals in 8 starts and was shipped out, while VanPersei won the golden boot in England and also the Premier league player of the season. Even in the match between both teams, VanPersei outshone villa. The simple logic is, at that point in time, VanPersei would walk into the Barca team

Another pointless snippet from you. Van Persie had never put a proper run of games together when we played them. So no he wouldn't have gotten into their team at the time. We all knew he was talented but he hadn't proven it because of being injured all the time. Villa was, and rightly so, considered far superior at the time. Listing stats from the next season is desperation from you. It's irrelevant.
The context of my post back then is that our team could be as good as their team, that we are not that far off. In that context, it means I was right if VanPersei goes on four from that moment to dwarf every performance from Villa, and that is even though we ignore the fact that VanPersei outperformed Villa in that very season. It means I was right if one season later Song is considered good enough to cost Barca millions. It means I was right if four months later Fabregas walks straight into their starting eleven. It means I was right if Nasri and Clichy get bought by the absolute richest team in the world. It means I was right if Kos had a better individual defensive performance than all of their defenders that season, and few months later is the hostest property in the world of football defenders. You can go on and look for ways to wriggle out of the hole I've got you, but I'm talking with facts, and I don't have time to waste with an idiot like you.

Quote:
PKGooner
Mate when usually "every top club in the world" want one of our players, they get them. Probably why all of our top players have left, no?

Yes, they get them, but not now. We have more money now and are not looking to sell any of our best players, we've gone on to spend 45m on one player. We can actually keep our best players now if we really want to keep them. You're just wasting my time you numbnuts...
Regarding Song you said,
Quote:
PKGooner
He's started 14 league games this season, and 27 overall (out of 58) since signing for them in August 2012. Suffice to say he wouldn't have gotten into Barcelona's playing 11 in 2011?
To start more than half of their games since joining them is a decent number to be fair. He hasn't played more because the coach prefer to play those who came from the barca academy and had been playing together for years - the same reason Mascherano is played in defence instead of defensive midfield. Quality-wise, he was considered good enough to play for them hence his being in the squad. All that is important is even Barca considers him good enough to get into their squad, that's the fact. You can go on to argue with the fact to save your sorry a.ss, but you won't waste my time.
Quote:
PKGooner
Fabregas' place was so insecure that by the end of last season he had to flirt with Man United so Barcelona would either clarify his position at the club, or let him go. If the fans rate you at Barcelona this never happens these days.
You said Gerrard can win the Liverpool player of the season because of the loyalty of the Liverpool fans to him, but you don't recognise this same loyalty when talking about Xavi and Fabregas and the barca fans, how hypocritical. Putting aside your silly logic, the simple fact is that Fabregas has been integral to their success since he joined them, if you really want to argue with daylight, then you're going to do it alone.

Quote:
PKGooner
Wilshere was superb playing alongside Fabregas, Song and Nasri. Not been so good since has he?

Oh! So you're going to say Wilshere was good only because of Nasri and Fabregas, aren't you? Haahah you're such a big fool. Did Fabregas and Song play in the England national team too? Well for your information, Wilshere was by far our best midfielder when Fabregas and Song was playing with him. Everyone knows Wilshere's progress has been interrupted by injuries. You just like to waste my time don't you?

Quote:
PKGooner
Pedro scored 22 goals in 10-11, including the equaliser in the Champions League final against Man United. Nasri would never have gotten in over him that season. More nonsense from you.
Nasri has only ever reached double figures in terms of goal scored once, Pedro has been doing it every year since 2009. Yeh that Nasri SH*TS all over Pedro doesn't he? Now I expect you'll change the goalposts again and claim goals aren't the only thing that matter.
Ignoring the fact that Pedro is a Forward/Winger and Nasri an attacking midfielder, using your dumb logic, let me as you a question: who has more epl goals between D10, Kanu, and Adebayor? Now, who are the better players? Stop wasting my time you muppet.

Quote:
PKGooner
As long as you accept we have a better midfield you should accept Giroud is getting better service.
I just dismantled this point in my reply to your other lover.
Quote:
PKGooner
Me "writing it well" has nothing to do it, I listed FACTS, and you're trying to make excuses as usual. Suarez won the FSF player of the year award in December, is favourite to be Liverpool player of the season, just as he is favourite to win player of the year awards (as grudgingly accepted even by the M.E.N paper, where quite a few of the writers are City fans).
Totally irrelevant point considering I haven't disputed anywhere that he's having a good season. My point has always been that he isn't, according to you, the sole reason Liverpool are going for the title this year. You claimed that he made the other players better when the fact suggest that the other players have always, this season, been doing fine even when Suarez wasn't in the team and even when Suarez has failed to do as well against the big teams. Rvp did even better for us (just as bale did for spurs), but it didn't take us to the title, because one player don't win titles, it takes other star performers and lots of other factors working in your favour. Are you really going to argue with that? Stop wasting my time you idiot.
Quote:
PKGooner
Gerrard might win player of the year at Liverpool but that would be purely sentimental - a scouser playing all his life for one his home club, and for all the years he has taken grief from Man United fans "Have you ever seen Gerrard win the league?", "how many league medals have you got?".
Sturridge, Henderson, and Gerrard can all win the Liverpool player of the season. Suarez just has a bit of edge because he's the better performer, but to down-play the contribution of others just to make your stupid point is to be disingenuous to say the least.
Quote:
PKGooner
I've credited their manager and their other players (I made a thread on it in February). I've said it in this thread too. The simple FACT is however (refer to the FACTS I listed above) that Suarez has been sensational and has indeed inspired them.
No, you never really credited the other players in this thread, did you? You said "his individual performance is why Liverpool are where they are" as if the other players are only just making up the numbers. 20 of Suarez's goals came against sunderland, norwich, cardiff, fulham, w'ham, w'brom and stoke, with 12 against cardiff, norwich and Westbrom. Do you think Liverpool wouldn't be able to beat those teams without Suarez? Suarez may have scored 29 goals, but Liverpool have scored 88 goals this season, meaning that 59 goals came from the rest of the teams and those 59 goals is the main reason Liverpool are where they are this season, because those goals came against the opponents that Liverpool have failed to conquer in previous seasons. Suarez had a crisis-ridden preseason, and the Pool manager built the team to be independent of him. And this is why they continue to deliver in those big games even when Suarez was missing.
Quote:
PKGooner
Do you know what the phrase "a better starting eleven" means? I'll literally have to spell this out as your stupidity is staggering.
It means you go compare 2 teams, player for player, from GK to CF. The team which has superior players playing in every position HAS A BETTER STARTING ELEVEN. It's why you see ELEVEN in the phrase.

If we have a better defence/midfield we don't have a better ELEVEN do we? We have a better SIX OR SEVEN.

When we played Liverpool at the Emirates for the league game, Suarez and Sturridge were in good form. Do you know the previews the paper went with? They were of the view that Liverpool had better strikers but Arsenal's midfield was superior. They did not say Arsenal have a better STARTING ELEVEN. Because that is nonsense.
Hahahahah... I had to really lol for that one. This comment is the main reason I ignored you in the first place. Better six? Better seven? Lol.. Does six and seven play football? You really need to stop wasting your time with football if you think this way. And I won't even comment on this, let's see how many fools on here agrees with you.
Quote:
PKGooner
Out of interest, if Ramsey, Wilshere and Walcott are fit - do you believe Giroud will get more than 30 league goals like Suarez undoubtedly will? (Please say yes grinning smiley)

Another irrelevant question. First, I do not think Giroud is as good as Suarez, neither do I think they're the same type of strikers. But to answer your stupid question, I honestly don't really know, mainly because I don't think he's a 30goal a season striker, but yet his stats earlier in the season suggest he can do that as well. He's scored 19 goals this season in all competition without podolski, chamberlain, ramsey, walcott, wilshere and Ozil being completely available to give him adequate support - without any top striker to assist him directly. Besides, this is only his second season in the league, and like they say, the second season is always the hardest. I therefore think he can score 30 goals, all things being equal.

Flava (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 17:43
So we're all agreed that Giroud isn't good enough to be our #1 striker and Sanogo is nowhere near good enough to be our #2 striker.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 19:24
Sincerely I don't know what's the argument. Giroud is good to be a squad player, and that's it.

When was the last time he created a goal for himself? I can't remember, probably because there's been none so far.

He is there in the team to push the ball to net, something on which he fails many, many times.

What else? This whole idea that Giroud is vital for our link up play might be true. Yes of course, for this shitty playing style the team has had for most of the season.
A mediocre style that works well against pathetic oppositon, but that is completely useless against teams that are a bit better.

De Times (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 20:10
Our problem isn't Giroud, we need attacking reinforcement. One top class striker alone won't do it, we need a top class left winger as well, in addition to a fully fit and firing Walcott. Players like Ozil and Cazorla need options to get the ball to, not just one striker. Chamberlain and Podolski aren't good enough to start many games at Arsenal.

Flava (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 20:55
That's the managers fault then.

De Times (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 21:41
Or no one's fault really, we're building our team gradually.

Flava (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 21:42
Yes, so I see. You twerp!

celine dion (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 21:47
the mans a f*cking TWONK Flava!

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 21:51
Quote:
SA-Gunner
This whole idea that Giroud is vital for our link up play might be true. Yes of course, for this shitty playing style the team has had for most of the season.
A mediocre style that works well against pathetic oppositon, but that is completely useless against teams that are a bit better.

You say shitty playing style like we weren't leading the Premiership for most of this season. Its only since like February that we've fallen away, and that's been more of a thin squad issues than just solely a Giroud issue.

SA-Gunner (IP Logged)
04 April, 2014 22:04
Excuse me Matty, but we played Manchester City before February, we also played Chelsea and Manchester before that date. Do you think we played good football in those occassions?

Of the "big teams" Arsenal was the only one unable to defeat Manchester United. How do you explain that?

The team hasn't produced good football in a long while. Sure, there will always be talent against the lesser sides. But what about the teams that are supposed to be the rivals?

shak (IP Logged)
05 April, 2014 12:17
Quote:
De Times
Quote:
shak
Quote:
De Times

Haha fu*k off.

You calling other people thick is as hilarious as thief calling someone dishonest.

All you do is regurgitate the drivel you post. Fortunately some of us have better ways to spend our time then lose braincells talking to you.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
05 April, 2014 12:20
Quote:
De Times
The context of my post back then is that our team could be as good as their team, that we are not that far off. In that context, it means I was right if VanPersei goes on four from that moment to dwarf every performance from Villa, and that is even though we ignore the fact that VanPersei outperformed Villa in that very season. It means I was right if one season later Song is considered good enough to cost Barca millions.

Why are you having so much trouble getting this into your head? At THE TIME, not the season after, not last season, AT THE TIME, i.e. when we played them, which is what we're talking about here, Van Persie over Villa was a ridiculous notion. Why? Because Van Persie had not proven anything yet.

Song being on the bench more often than not proves my point - he clearly isn't good enough to start for them even now that a few of their players are getting on a bit. Him getting a look-in in 2011 is a ridiculous notion. Seydou Keita was a far superior player.

Quote:
You can go on and look for ways to wriggle out of the hole I've got you,

grinning smiley

Glad I've taught you a new phrase (Sm14)

Quote:
It means I was right if four months later Fabregas walks straight into their starting eleven. It means I was right if Nasri and Clichy get bought by the absolute richest team in the world..

Why do you think Fabregas was played so often everywhere but in midfield for them? Left forward, even upfront. Because he WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH to play in midfield for them. The reason he was flirting with Man Utd in the summer is because he wanted Barcelona to clarify his role once and for all - he wasn't happy playing a bit part role.

Yeh Nasri and Clichy got bought by the richest club in the world. So did Demechelis, Jack Rodwell, Adam Johnson, Craig Bellamy and James Milner. They'd all start for Barcelona too wouldn't they? Or if you want to go back a few years and have a look at Chelsea who signed Wright Phillips, Del Horno, Sidwell, or Demba Ba right now. They're all quality players aren't they because they start for a rich club? Christ.

Quote:
It means I was right if Kos had a better individual defensive performance than all of their defenders that season, and few months later is the hostest property in the world of football defenders

The response to that is:

Quote:
How can you pretend you know what everyone think of Koscienly

Quote:

Quote:
How desperate you are trying to make one point.

Quote:
De Times
He hasn't played more because the coach prefer to play those who came from the barca academy and had been playing together for years - the same reason Mascherano is played in defence instead of defensive midfield

Once again,
Quote:
Do you know why the coach at Barcelona plays their midfield players together? Because they're extremely f*cking good, for their club and for their country. Back in 2011 they were even better than they are now. Which is why the likes of Song and Fabregas would never have gotten in over them. Which is why the likes of Mata or Silva can never start over them for Spain. You moron grinning smiley.

Mascherano plays at centre half because they haven't got any other centrebacks. Or do you think they should play Xavi there instead? grinning smiley

Quote:
De Times
You said Gerrard can win the Liverpool player of the season because of the loyalty of the Liverpool fans to him, but you don't recognise this same loyalty when talking about Xavi and Fabregas and the barca fans

Fabregas doesn't play over Xavi not because of any loyalty but because of the fact Xavi is a better player grinning smiley. What loyalty does the Spanish manager have to Xavi? He prefers Xavi over Fabregas. You twonk grinning smiley

Quote:
So you're going to say Wilshere was good only because of Nasri and Fabregas, aren't you? Haahah you're such a big fool. Did Fabregas and Song play in the England national team too? Well for your information, Wilshere was by far our best midfielder when Fabregas and Song was playing with him. Everyone knows Wilshere's progress has been interrupted by injuries.

grinning smiley

Wilshere has hardly ripped up any trees for England. He's done alright, played well in some games but nowhere near as being as good as he was in his first season. Do you know what the English football fans think of Wilshere? Most consider Barkley to be better. And it's not me saying this for the sake of this argument or to prove you wrong (which isn't that hard anyway to be fair). Ask anyone else on here about what the England fans think of Wilshere - even those who support lower league clubs and have no reason to hate him.

He's not exactly had glowing reviews whilst playing for us this season - even when he was putting a run of games together. Have a look around the forums of what Arsenal fans make of Wilshere at the moment.

Though of course now you'll come back stating views from your glory hunting friends, those who support Chelsea United and now all of a sudden Man City grinning smiley

Don't go by what you see yourself mate - masturbating over Giroud has led you to being rendered blind.

Quote:
De Times
Ignoring the fact that Pedro is a Forward/Winger and Nasri an attacking midfielder, using your dumb logic, let me as you a question:

You're the one who originally compared them you dozy git, look:

Quote:
Nasri that season was the runner-up, epl player of the season. He's currently one of the main reason city will win the league. He's always been a better player than Pedro

grinning smiley

Quote:
De Times
Totally irrelevant point considering I haven't disputed anywhere that he's having a good season. My point has always been that he isn't, according to you, the sole reason Liverpool are going for the title this year. You claimed that he made the other players better when the fact suggest that the other players have always, this season, been doing fine even when Suarez wasn't in the team

He only missed the first 5 league games. My point is that without him then coming back and tearing the league to pieces they would not be top now. He has inspired them. I'm not the only one saying this either. The bookies have him favourite to win all the awards, Liverpool's own website agree that he's inspired them. But noooo, you, my Nigerian friend, know better from watching through your black and white tv with your Man City glory hunting fans grinning smiley

Quote:
De Times
Sturridge, Henderson, and Gerrard can all win the Liverpool player of the season. Suarez just has a bit of edge because he's the better performer

No sh*t grinning smiley

Quote:
De Times
No, you never really credited the other players in this thread, did you?

You really like to lie and make things up don't you? (And perve over Giroud)

I did say:

Quote:
Other Liverpool players have improved and played well, very well

But Liverpool would not be top of the league in April without Suarez.

Now you'll once again refer to the FIVE GAMES Liverpool played without him at the start of the season. We are now IN APRIL, 8 months later, AFTER 27 GAMES, where he is the top goalscorer, has the most assists, most man of the match awards and has created the most chances. He is set to have the best goals/games ratio over a season in premier league history. - You really couldn't make this sh*t up grinning smiley (well actually you could, as you have a habit of lying)

I'm not making a difficult point here. You're a bit simple but I'm sure you can get it.

Quote:
De Times
Better six? Better seven? Lol.. Does six and seven play football?

Nope - which is why your comment is so ridiculous grinning smiley

You're basically making out "We have a better 11 than Liverpool but our strikers/attackers are not as good".

We DON'T have a BETTER 11 then do we? It's like saying Man Utd have a better management staff than Chelsea except the ermm manager".

You've got to be doing this on purpose, no one can be this stupid grinning smiley

Quote:
De Times
I therefore think he can score 30 goals, all things being equal.

grinning smiley

We were talking about 30 league goals, but anyway, if he ever scores 30 goals for Arsenal in a season I'll gladly tell you I was wrong.

Quote:
De Times
And I won't even comment on this, let's see how many fools on here agrees with you

Not everyone on here will agree with everything I say but these have been some of the responses you've had in this thread thus far:

Quote:
Flava
Yes, so I see. You twerp!

Quote:
celine dion
the mans a f*cking TWONK Flava!

Quote:
Big Guhnz
Is this guy actually for real?

Quote:
Big Guhnz

Quote:
Gööfle11
He has missed plenty of sitters.

Quote:
Flava
Game set and match Mr PK. You've ripped his sh.it post to pieces mate.

Quote:
Big Guhnz
Lay of the crack mate flipping eck

Quote:
Beyond
It seems de times is eager to win the most deluded arsenal fan title here

Quote:
Beyond

Eduardo, the cheeky git, made a nonsensical point about Suarez and then left, leaving you to humiliate yourself with your unlimited stupidity. You shouldn't stand for this to be honest (Sm19).

PKGooner (IP Logged)
05 April, 2014 12:21
Quote:
Shane
I don't know why people respond to sh*t inside the quote box.

Quote:
Gööfle11
Stop answering in bold you douce.

He took what you said to heart grinning smiley

De Times (IP Logged)
05 April, 2014 19:40
Your stupidity is so ripe, monkeys are dying to pluck it. After 24 fecking hours you come up with this garbage. Thanks for the comic relieve though, your desperation has earned you that. But No! One thing I won't give you is my fcking time, you haven't paid a dime for all the lectures I give you. I try all the time. You take it for free and stay ungrateful, what can I do? Break your thick skull into two? But that will probably kill you because it's made of sh*t mud... You can't be saved. Your desperation aside, everything else about you is boredom.
Stop going in circle, say something constructive and I may as well help you out. But that's like climbing the fkking Everest for you, even with a dynamite close to your coconut head, you still can't. Fck you man!

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
05 April, 2014 20:13
Lol and he goes to defend himself again

DT Surely has to be a legend of deluded stupidity ......fk ata here

De Times (IP Logged)
05 April, 2014 20:25
You have anything constructive to say Mr. Guhnz? Apparently you don't so shut up, have to deal with one moo at a time.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
05 April, 2014 21:43
Yep I have something very constructive to say

Your deluded

This honesty is my constructive attempt to help you not be so deluded

If the milk has gone off nothing you can say will make it drinkable

If giroud looks @#$%& and plays @#$%& and then his stats tell you his @#$%&

He's probably @#$%& then mate

Just saying

De Times (IP Logged)
05 April, 2014 23:35
But he doesn't look @#$%&, doesn't play @#$%& and his stat is one of the best in the league, so you're probably talking @#$%& as usual. Get back into your cave.

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
05 April, 2014 23:44
Giroud often looks like a donkey playing ice hockey with his penis as the stick.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
05 April, 2014 23:55
He's 8th in the top scorers with 13 goals

Ramsey is at the bottom of that list with 8 and has not played in 2014

How much more bonkers can one get can you see two moons?

De Times (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 00:26
You failed to mention that there are 16 other players below him on that list. You failed to mention that he's comfortably ahead of VanPersei, Dzeko, Lukaku, Benteke, Negredo, Bony, welbeck, Eto'o, Torres, and adebayor. You also failed to mention that in terms of goals and assists, he's the fourth best striker in the league and has got the same number as Aguerro.
Like I said, you're talking @#$%&.

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 00:29
He is rubbish.

De Times (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 07:33
In all fairness you won't know what rubbish is Mr. Tomilson.

Flava (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 08:09
Quote:
Gööfle11
Giroud often looks like a donkey playing ice hockey with his penis as the stick.

Excellent post

PKGooner (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 09:42
Quote:
De Times
Your stupidity is so ripe, monkeys are dying to pluck it. After 24 fecking hours you come up with this garbage. Thanks for the comic relieve though, your desperation has earned you that. But No! One thing I won't give you is my fcking time, you haven't paid a dime for all the lectures I give you. I try all the time. You take it for free and stay ungrateful, what can I do? Break your thick skull into two? But that will probably kill you because it's made of sh*t mud... You can't be saved. Your desperation aside, everything else about you is boredom.
Stop going in circle, say something constructive and I may as well help you out. But that's like climbing the fkking Everest for you, even with a dynamite close to your coconut head, you still can't. Fck you man!

Never thought your desperation would reach these levels, you're a beaten man (Sm17)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2014 09:44 by PKGooner.

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 09:46
I'm pretty sure 90%+ on here think he is a poor player.
Which he is.

Give it up De Times.
Accept defeat gracefully.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

celine dion (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 09:49
I've slightly lost the thread of the debate here, but one thing I do know is that I would pay good money to see PK Gunner in a small bottle at the bottom of the sea, and De times swimming out there, presumably in full diving gear, to hit him on his coconut head.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 09:51
Quote:
celine dion
I've slightly lost the thread of the debate here, but one thing I do know is that I would pay good money to see PK Gunner in a small bottle at the bottom of the sea, and De times swimming out there, presumably in full diving gear, to hit him on his coconut head.

Better behave yourself otherwise you might end up on the end of one of De Times' deadly punches.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 13:06
See Lukaku score that brilliant goal, without any support and all (Sm17)

eduardo (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 13:07
PK he got lots of support from Monreal, Vermaelen and Mert, not to mention Flamini's great assist in the build up.

Flava (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 13:13
Yes but Giroud couldn't do that. As for his brilliant hold up play his second touch is always a tackle

PKGooner (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 13:15
Quote:
Flava
Yes but Giroud couldn't do that. As for his brilliant hold up play his second touch is always a tackle

This grinning smiley

Could Giroud run, even in a straight direction, with the ball at his feet over 10 yards? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2014 13:20 by PKGooner.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 13:18
I seriously cannot stomach seeing this guy in an arsenal shirt any more

Flava (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 13:20
To be fair, let's not just pick on Giroud. The whole team have been poor.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 13:23
Yes, we've been woeful.

Also doesn't help though that the ball isn't sticking upfront. He's barely won any headers, sh*t first touch.

No magic upfront.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 13:28
Quote:
Flava
To be fair, let's not just pick on Giroud. The whole team have been poor.

The team being @#$%& doesn't mask giroud from being violently @#$%&

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2014 13:29 by Big Guhnz.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 13:30
Quote:
PKGooner
Yes, we've been woeful.
Also doesn't help though that the ball isn't sticking upfront. He's barely won any headers, sh*t first touch.

No magic upfront.

We play with 10 men

How many times has he won us a game?

De Times (IP Logged)
06 April, 2014 23:29
Excellent analysis all-round, as long as it ends in Giroud being responsible for everything under the sun. How convenient.

Flava (IP Logged)
07 April, 2014 07:02
Quote:
De Times
Excellent analysis all-round, as long as it ends in Giroud being responsible for everything under the sun. How convenient.

It's not solely his fault. He's the best we have. This is Wenger's mess, it's time he called it a day. It doesn't look like he's enjoying it anymore. He's been fantastic but he should go now.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
07 April, 2014 07:18
Did you see in the first half when someone under hit a back pass to Howard and Giroud wasn't quick enough to close it down, then they immediately went up the other end and scored the first goal. If we'd had a quicker forward, we'd have gone 1-0 up.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
07 April, 2014 07:31
He just didn't run he's an absolute @#$%& and there was no @#$%& on show so why would he run

Having that @#$%& as your main striker and only striker is neglectful I'm sick of all this @#$%& buying @#$%& pound shop players and expecting trophies and titles

The fact we charge the most in this galaxy for a football ticket but spend at pound land can no longer be ignored fans are being completely ripped off

Seriously the most expensive tickets in world football

It completely disgust me that hard working people get ripped off like this

Want change

Hurt the money

Flava (IP Logged)
07 April, 2014 08:04
Sanogo, Park, Bendtner and Giroud. That's a pretty poor 4. Never good enough to win a title.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
07 April, 2014 08:22
I'm not saying he is a world class forward or whatever, but Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang went to Borussia Dortmund and didn't cost too much, and has scored 13 in 26 in the league, 16 in 37 in all comps. He is fast as f*ck and would panic defences much more than Giroud can.

Flava (IP Logged)
07 April, 2014 10:31
I haven't checked but I'd have thought Podolski and Walcott have similar goals:games ratio since he joined and they're not the focal point of the attack. I think it's reasonable to expect 2 in every 3 games from our main striker.

De Times (IP Logged)
08 April, 2014 09:06
Quote:
MattySadler
I'm not saying he is a world class forward or whatever, but Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang went to Borussia Dortmund and didn't cost too much, and has scored 13 in 26 in the league, 16 in 37 in all comps. He is fast as f*ck and would panic defences much more than Giroud can.
Ignore the fact that Giroud has scored and created more goals playing with central midfielders flanking him.
Quote:
Flava
I haven't checked but I'd have thought Podolski and Walcott have similar goals:games ratio since he joined and they're not the focal point of the attack. I think it's reasonable to expect 2 in every 3 games from our main striker.
The way we're set-out to play, all of the front four is suppose to have a similar number of goals.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
08 April, 2014 09:16
Quote:
De Times
Ignore the fact that Giroud has scored and created more goals playing with central midfielders flanking him.

I'm merely highlighting the fact that a very pacey striker, who has done well this season, moved clubs in the summer, and I don't even think he cost much. Yet another we could've gone in for and didn't. Anyone who was seen a football before knew we desperately needed another striker.

I think Giroud is alright personally, but he shouldn't be first choice here. Maybe second or third choice. Coming off the bench and scoring, like he did against Everton in the FA Cup, should be his role. He is definitely the best centre forward option we have here at the moment though, unfortunately.

eduardo (IP Logged)
08 April, 2014 11:05
Flava I see you say we should expect 2 goals in every 3 games from our main striker, not even Thierry Henry managed that ratio, he was close but did not reach that, Ian Wright did not manage it either.

alan Smith, twice a golden boot winner, had a one in three ratio,

De Times (IP Logged)
15 April, 2014 11:27
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
De Times

I'm merely highlighting the fact that a very pacey striker, who has done well this season, moved clubs in the summer, and I don't even think he cost much. Yet another we could've gone in for and didn't. Anyone who was seen a football before knew we desperately needed another striker.

We had Walcott, Podolski, Sanogo, and Giroud. We didn't need any other average striker, to improve the squad we needed a top striker. It's perfectly normal to ignore the very few decent strikers who moved to other clubs while we were pursuing Higuain and Suarez. Dortmund already had Lewandowski, they needed any decent striker to back him up, which they got because it's a lot easier to get strikers of those calibre than it is to get the type of striker we were going for. Let's see this season who Dortmund will sign when Lewandowski leaves them for Bayern.
For us, if Walcott and Podolski didn't have the injuries they had, we would've been very ok, stop blaming for blaming sake.

De Times (IP Logged)
15 April, 2014 11:28
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
De Times

We had Walcott, Podolski, Sanogo, and Giroud. We didn't need any other average striker, to improve the squad we needed a top striker. It's perfectly normal to ignore the very few decent strikers who moved to other clubs while we were pursuing Higuain and Suarez. Dortmund already had Lewandowski, they needed any decent striker to back him up, which they got because it's a lot easier to get strikers of those calibre than it is to get the type of striker we were going for. Let's see this season who Dortmund will sign when Lewandowski leaves them for Bayern.
For us, if Walcott and Podolski didn't have the injuries they had, we would've been very ok, stop blaming for blaming sake.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
15 April, 2014 11:38
Quote:
De Times
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
De Times

They did get injured though, and there were no contingency measures put in place for the inevitable injuries that have cost us ("any other average striker", "any decent striker"). It isn't blaming for blaming's sake, it is blaming because f*ck all was done to prepare the squad for the rigours of a full season and it has been our undoing.

-------------

Oh, and on that note, what the f*ck was that last ditch attempt to sign Demba Ba on loan about then? If he isn't "any other average striker" or "any decent striker", I don't know who is, you thick f*cker!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2014 11:43 by MattySadler.

De Times (IP Logged)
15 April, 2014 12:30
Taking Ba on loan isn't the same as spending double figures in millions on a striker who probably isn't even as good as Ba.

tigerline (IP Logged)
15 April, 2014 13:16
wenger failed to add that needed striker.

it was obvious (even to him) that this squad needed more firepower up front.

wenger FAILED.

wenger got stuck with bendtner taking up a spot on our 25-man squad.

wenger got stuck carrying an extra passenger that he never had any intention of using.

it was no surprise that we played a lot of extra matches, was it?

we could have used that 25th spot for some added depth at a number of positions, including striker.

this illustrates the lack of a comprehensive roster management strategy and execution to fill it.

wasteful wenger - the grossly negligent manager.

MattySadler (IP Logged)
15 April, 2014 14:35
Quote:
De Times
Taking Ba on loan isn't the same as spending double figures in millions on a striker who probably isn't even as good as Ba.

You're missing the point man. The pathetic, desperate, last ditch move for Ba, whether on loan or not, clearly indicated we needed a striker and we completely failed to do anything about it over the course of two transfer windows. I'm not trying to say "ZOMG WE MISSED OUT ON AUBAMEYANG HE IS AMAZING IT IS THE END OF THE WORLD WENGER OUT", because I don't think he is all that amazing. He is a good player, not a worldie, and he is very fast.

Pace is an area we've clearly lacked during the second half of the season and Aubameyang has that in abundance. As well as playing up front, he can also play on the right (an area we've been lacking due to Walcott's injury) and on the left (an area where we're pretty weak) wing.

I was simply trying to point out yet another striker who moved for relatively little this season and hasn't done badly. I believe we would've benefited from signing him. He is not a Suarez or a Falcao, but he isn't a bad player by any stretch. If you would pull your head out of your @#$%& and stop your blinkered, systematic defence of everything Arsenal/ Wenger do once in a while, you'd have realised that.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net