football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Alexandre Lacazette
celine dion (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 17:17
He's one of my tips for the top. We should buy him. Will end up at a top club by the time he's 24.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/07/2013 17:18 by celine dion.

Re: Alexandre Lacazette
Shane (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 17:59
We could buy him, or we could wait until his contract expires in 2016.

nis (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 18:20
is this the Italian kid they were calling new baggio a few years back? or is this someone else

I know theres a guy playing in france with a similar name

(hard work will beat talent if talent dont work hard)

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 18:21
Arsene Dion is never wrong.

Official 1000th poster in the classic transfer rumors thread of 2014.

Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 18:22
Quote:
nis
is this the Italian kid they were calling new baggio a few years back? or is this someone else
I know theres a guy playing in france with a similar name

this lad is french

celine dion (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 18:36
As the person who discovered Luis Suarez I like to give the forum a heads up from time to time. Lacazette is French, plays for Lyon. You will have all seen him play. I just reckon he's got something.

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 18:39
You discovered Hoarau and Barrios as well mate.

celine dion (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 18:59
To be fair, Barrios won the league with Dortmund and was very decent for a year or two, before taking the dollar and f@cking off to Russia or somewhere. Horau I'll take on the chin. I also discovered Shinji Kagawa by the way.

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 19:02
You aren't the only one who knew of Shinji. Unless you saw him before Dortmund.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 19:20
Hey dion, why don't you watch the U19 semi-final between France and Spain right now and tell us what players are gonna make it you're so prescient?

celine dion (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 19:21
No, I didn't. I'm being silly anyway. I've touted loads of players on here who have turned out to be total sh*t.

celine dion (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 19:25
Quote:
SaltnPeppah
Hey dion, why don't you watch the U19 semi-final between France and Spain right now and tell us what players are gonna make it you're so prescient?

Because Im watching Day of the Jackal starring Michael Lonsdale. Watch the game yourself. Next!

Shane (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 19:34
Being French and living in the past, I reckon Wenger listens to Lacazette's.

I give myself 4.5/10 for that one.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 20:31
That's it. Spain lose to their nemesis, again. France now with a chance to win the U19 Euro for the 2nd time in 4 years. They'll meet Serbia in the final.

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 20:46
I discovered Javi Martinez...

nis (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 22:53
lol nope im not giving anybody suarez I was that guy who brought champions magazine years ago and knew him from the white dutch team is it gronigen

also im not giving gs javi Martinez either me and you were both speaking of him around the same time

I discovered kondogbia and munain a few years back

Ares (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 23:08
Celine Dion did bang the drum mightily on Suarez.

nis (IP Logged)
29 July, 2013 23:20
lol yh I will give him suarez
tbf I saw him twice for gronigen said wow forgot about him until the ajax cup game against us where he scored that bicycle kick type of goal and we came back to win 3-2

from that day ive been a fan up till
ive also been very vocal about him since he came to England saying hes the best forward in the epl(as in most talented) espehsially over the last year and a half

celine has deffo been banging on about the Dortmund players since day dot would often sign them on fm due to his heads ups

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
30 July, 2013 00:02
Nis my comment was tongue-in-cheek. No one on here has discovered anyone. Football's to global for that.

celine dion (IP Logged)
12 December, 2014 21:47
Just putting this thread back up to the top, Merlion Stylee. Lacazettes coming on very nicely. The next one is Kingsley Coman but you'll all have seen him play already.

SaltnPeppah (IP Logged)
12 December, 2014 22:15
In a recent friendly game between France and Albania (1-1), Lacazette was easily the worst player on the pitch. Deschamps will think twice before he calls him up again.

celine dion (IP Logged)
12 December, 2014 22:24
Still very young and scores twice a week.

weedz (IP Logged)
12 December, 2014 23:04
Quote:
celine dion
Quote:
SaltnPeppah

Because Im watching Day of the Jackal starring Michael Lonsdale. Watch the game yourself. Next!

Have you watched 'Of Gods and Men', Celine? Lonsdale is brill again. I love DOTJ. Along with Tinker, Tailor...,one of my favs in that style.

celine dion (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 20:30
Just coming out of retirement to bump the thread.

Hope you are all well

Good evening.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
01 July, 2017 22:01
Welcome back Regular John! (Sm128)

Shane (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 17:15
Quote:
Shane
Being French and living in the past, I reckon Wenger listens to Lacazette's.
I give myself 4.5/10 for that one.

Bit generous, looking back.

djarse (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 18:18
If this media report is accurate from France - seems like it is now virtually a done deal:

[www.arsenalnews.co.uk]

Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 21:49
Hope I'm wrong but not sure this will be a good signing for us.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dt9c3q.jpg

SandyB (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 21:53
Not worth to bump the thread...lol
Frenchie n no other takers join Arsenal, fits the bill!!
Sign Griezmann then you call it signing..(Sm105)

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 21:58
Podolski like signing. Sanchez is leaving just like rvp did. Lacazette will score maybe 15 goals or so and others will chip in. He has played long for lyon and loons like a player who plays a lot of 1-2s. That kind of game requires more time to gel compared to the swashbuckling style of sanchez

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
02 July, 2017 22:45
Quote:
CazOnARola
Podolski like signing. Sanchez is leaving just like rvp did. Lacazette will score maybe 15 goals or so and others will chip in. He has played long for lyon and loons like a player who plays a lot of 1-2s. That kind of game requires more time to gel compared to the swashbuckling style of sanchez

He is much quicker than Podolski. He works harder than Podolski to win the ball back but not to the same workrate level as Alexis. He does not drop back as deep as Alexis to collect the ball. And he is less likely to misplace his passes that will endanger Arsenal unlike Alexis. Whether he is more lethal than RvP is yet to be seen. Granted the French league is not as demanding as the EPL, he has scored 100 goals in 203 games for Lyon which is essentially 1 goal in every 2 games - not a bad stat. At 1.75m, he is not going to win too many headers meaning he is Wengerball Plan A where the ball is threaded into space behind the defence while Giroud would be Plan B where Giroud is the target man. If Alexis leaves, I like Wenger to sign another player who can thread the killer passes behind the opponent's defence so that we are not dependent on just Ozil. James comes to my mind.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 09:04
Good points maple. I just hope we invest in that play maker. Also lacazette is lbs of the best at faking the shot and going the other way. I haven't seen anyone else do that so visibly apart from suarez and of course messi

djarse (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 10:24
I read somewhere that last season he had the best shot/conversion to goal ratio of any striker in the top leagues in Europe (including Messi & Ronaldo).

More of a predator, it seems.....

Wellbeck will be the main alternative if we sell Giroud - for when we need a big physical presence / heading ability style.....

SandyB (IP Logged)
03 July, 2017 11:07
Quote:
CazOnARola
Good points maple. I just hope we invest in that play maker. Also lacazette is lbs of the best at faking the shot and going the other way. I haven't seen anyone else do that so visibly apart from suarez and of course messi
LOl..Messi..Suarez...Lacazette... in Arsene we trust!

MattySadler (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 12:53
Great shour. Apparently having a medical today.

04 July, 2017 13:20
Quote:
MattySadler

Just making sure he hasn't a broken back. Lol

dvno (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 13:47
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
MattySadler

Just making sure he hasn't a broken back. Lol

When did we sign a player with a br- ohhhh wait.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 15:10
THIS MEANS TBE END OF LE PLODDER 👏👏👏👏👏🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

04 July, 2017 15:45
Hope this isn't a replacement for Sanchez.

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 16:10
Quote:
SandyB
Quote:
CazOnARola
LOl..Messi..Suarez...Lacazette... in Arsene we trust!
Lol. Am not taking about overal quality, just fsking shots. Very common in basketball, not so common in football these days. Goal keeepers are a lot more committed to drive using their legs etc, and this quality is actually missing in even top players like ronaldo so actually felt more on their placement/power

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
04 July, 2017 21:34
This time last year, Arsenal seemed to be in need of a striker. Sanchez and Ozil were seen as the only players in the squad who could have been considered genuine top quality, but an upgrade on Olivier Giroud looked necessary. And in the end, despite flat-out refusing to pay a reported £34m release clause for Alexandre Lacazette, that’s exactly what Wenger did.

[www.footballfancast.com]

Fascinating to pay 34-mil last season and ending up paying 52-mil now.

Yes, Wenger is resigned over losing Alexis and Lacazette is his replacement.
Otherwise, why Wenger didn't pay 34-mil to buy Lacazette when willing to pay 35-mil for Xhaka and 35-mil for Mustafi?

CazOnARola (IP Logged)
05 July, 2017 04:58
Probably because he viewed alexis as a, better option upfront. I felt the same. But slexis constantly keeps coming deep. Its ok to do it alternatively, but he does 19/20 times. So wife forward is his best role despite amazing shooting prowess

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net