football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Dirk Kuyt joins Fenerbahce
eduardo (IP Logged)
03 June, 2012 22:38
By Football Spy 11 Comments 3 Jun 2012 14:38
Turk Kuyt: Rodgers starts reign by selling Dirk to Fenerbahce for £2.7m
Holland forward makes surprise move to Turkish giants as new Kop boss clears decks for summer of signings

Father away: Kuyt poses with his child after his final Liverpool game Getty
Brendan Rodgers has begun his clear-out of Liverpool by selling Dirk Kuyt to Fenerbahce in a £2,7million deal.

The Turkish club announced on their official Twitter account that the Dutchman had signed a three-year deal.

And Kuyt said: "Fenerbahce are a great club to continue my career. They only just missed out on the league title this season. They did qualify for the Champions League qualifiers, though.

"I needed a new challenge after six years with Liverpool. This has nothing to do with the club and the fans. They will forever have a place in my heart."

Liverpool and England skipper Steven Gerrard said: "Dirk is a great player, a great person and was a great servant to Liverpool.

"From the first day he came to the club, he was someone you could trust and knew that he would never let you down on the pitch.

"I know how much scoring against Cardiff in the Carling Cup Final meant to him but he was already assured a part of the club's history even before helping win that trophy.

"I will miss him around the place and I wish him and his family all the best in Turkey."

Flag day: Fans show their support for the flying Dutchman
Getty

Midfielder Lucas Leiva Tweeted: "I wish @Dirk_18_Kuyt all the best for his future. He was a top team mate and a top player for LFC. Good luck my friend. Thanks amigo."

Kuyt spent six seasons with Liverpool, scoring their consolation goal in the 2007 Champions League final and netting in this season's Carling Cup win.

But the 31-year-old, who moved to Anfield from Feyenoord in 2004, found first-team starts hard to come by under Kenny Dalglish last season.

The Holland international, 32 this summer, had a year to run on his Anfield contract, but was determined to leave as he did not want to spend the twilight of his career on the bench.

Kuyt scored 50 Premier League goals for Liverpool - and here they all are...

But he claimed only two last season and decided to move on. He claimed last week he had attracted interest from a host of clubs across Europe.

Liverpool confirmed on their official website that Kuyt had told them he had agreed a move to Fener and the transfer would be complete in "the next few days".

A club statement said: "Everyone at Liverpool Football Club would like to wish Dirk all the very best for the future and thank him for his contribution to the club."

The Dutchman, who is currently preparing for Euro 2012 with Holland, scored 71 goals in 285 games for the Reds.

He was never as prolific at Anfield as he was during his time in his homeland, although he was often played out wide.

Kuyt was strongly linked with Hamburg and a return to Feyenoord, although he ruled out the latter, saying they would not be able to afford his wages.

He has opted for a move to Istanbul, though, possibly attracted by the prospect of Champions League football next season.

Fener will enter the preliminary rounds of the competition after finishing runners-up to Galatasaray in the Super Lig.

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Re: Dirk Kuyt joins Fenerbahce
flynchstone (IP Logged)
03 June, 2012 22:51
He wants to get then playing total football and the first thing he does is get rid of the Dutch lad (Sm159)

In all seriousness though, the scouters will be delighted to see he's getting rid of the deadwood straight away. Will kind of miss Kuyt there, he showed that even if you've no technical skills you can make it by complete commitment.

tigerline (IP Logged)
03 June, 2012 23:27
Wait!
Is that legal?
How is it possible to get rid of deadwood this early and start sorting out next year's roster ... before the Euros?

Is it only Arsenal that has been forbidden to sell???

We KNOW that we need to get rid of:
fabianski
mannone
squilacci
denilson
diaby (retirement, please)
arshavin
bendtner
vela
chamakh
park

maybe djourou
maybe lansbury

JUST DO IT!

And, yes, I always admired kuyt for his work rate - good luck to him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2012 23:34 by tigerline.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
04 June, 2012 00:55
Dirk K*nt I like to call him.

For no reason really.

A very hard working player to be fair. Pretty much no quality but decent work ethic.

Shane (IP Logged)
04 June, 2012 01:56
Still scored a lot of goals for them.

Best of luck to him.

Rockstaar (IP Logged)
04 June, 2012 02:06
wonder why this is relevant to this forum?

(Sm163)

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5066/verminator2.jpg
[arsenalsigs.blogspot.com]

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
04 June, 2012 02:10
Wenger has 2 problems. He dislikes buying. And he dislikes selling. I guess it is less hard work to try and create talent from within.

flynchstone (IP Logged)
04 June, 2012 08:05
Quote:
mapleleafgooner
Wenger has 2 problems. He dislikes buying. And he dislikes selling. I guess it is less hard work to try and create talent from within.
It's the complete oppsite

Flava (IP Logged)
04 June, 2012 18:52
It's relevant to this forum because the c.unt always scores against us.

He was good in Mask but hasn't done much since.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2012 18:53 by Flava.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net