football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Fascinating interview with RvP
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
02 June, 2012 08:39
A real insight into training and skills

FT

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

Re: Fascinating interview with RvP
BIGSNOOP (IP Logged)
02 June, 2012 10:39
just read it good interview. On a side note from that interview I always wondered if we would of went for Van der Vaart, if Cesc was sold a year earlier to Barca. Keeping Cesc for that extra year may have been Wenger's worst decision ever.

Willy (IP Logged)
02 June, 2012 10:54
I think the reporter is a bit disingenuous really, he says some quite harsh things about AFC and Holland players with the implication that they are RvP's views but provides no evidence that they are. RvP is a professional and I doubt he is happy about this insinuation.

Also Snoop if we had sold Cesc that year, Nasri would have had an undisputed playmaking role in the team and may have signed a new contract. Ifs and buts.

BIGSNOOP (IP Logged)
02 June, 2012 10:57
agreed, just think that extra year from cesc cost us a whole bunch of money and a potential replacement and for what...I guess that's why hindsight is king.

Willy (IP Logged)
02 June, 2012 10:59
For what? A dodgy back-heel at the Nou Camp. Defo worth it.

holzini (IP Logged)
02 June, 2012 13:35
i fear rvp is gonna leave......

sadly the board is not that ambitious that he is,

but then in the other hand, his family loves london, he does too and he can be a legend here...

now it is the decision

heart or brain ?

Slordio (IP Logged)
02 June, 2012 14:22
Wenger didnt believe in Van Der Vaart. Fuc*in typical. Evberything is down to wengers view on a player. thats exactly why we need a strong assistant coach, to give input in situations like that

ArsenalForever (IP Logged)
02 June, 2012 16:07
vdv has played with adebayor and defoe yet he has less assists than song and walcott

and there are no new quotes...most of the quotes are from last year when we had nasri and cesc

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
02 June, 2012 18:13
Quote:
Willy
For what? A dodgy back-heel at the Nou Camp. Defo worth it.

actually playing alongside jack for a year has been invaluable to jacks development

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

weedz (IP Logged)
02 June, 2012 21:14
Great read, thanx Padre.

I read, at the time when VDV was available from Real, that our scouts had run the rule over him and had advised Wenger NOT to go for him, because of his `disappearing during games, his lack of metres run during a game and his perceived poor injury record.

So much for our `top of the line` scouting system

IMO, Wenger`s failure to capture Alonso, VDV and a top, experienced keeper are the main reasons for our silver-ware drought.

I also believe that if Alonso had of come to Arsenal, Cesc would still be here.

Arsenal are going to win a BIG trophy this season.
Mrs Weedz told me

Willy (IP Logged)
02 June, 2012 22:54
I know he did more than a dodgy backheel really Jack, although as a mentor for Wilshere he wasn't cheap. Even if not his best season, he was still a brilliant player for us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net