football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

A ray of light amidst the gloom
Philly the kid (IP Logged)
31 May, 2012 18:07
Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen has revealed he would be happy to spend the rest of his career at the club.

The 26-year-old, who is hoping to face England this weekend for Belgium, has ruled out any possible move away from the Emirates.

Vermaelen insists he is enjoying life at Arsenal and would consider ending his playing days with the Gunners.

"I will stay at Arsenal forever. There will be no transfer for me," Vermaelen told the Daily Mirror.

"I love London. I've got a house there, I'm happy there and I don't see any reason to ever leave the club."
story link

Thank god someone still wants to play for us!!
I love the Verminator personally. I know he made a few mistakes at the end of last season. Couldn't care less. It was for the same reason that Song made mistakes. He felt he had to help out the midfield/strikers. Shame they feel like that, but without their assists/goals, we'd be heading to channel 5.
Good on ya Tommy Gunner.Keep it up, you'll have silverware soon enough.
(Sm152)

Re: A ray of light amidst the gloom
flynchstone (IP Logged)
31 May, 2012 18:18
My tip for captain of RvP moves on, absolutely love the chap and it was his first full season back after the injury, half of which he had to play at left back. Big things to come from this lad yet, I just hope to God we fucken strengthen now.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
31 May, 2012 18:19
Quote:
Philly the kid
"I love London. I've got a house there, I'm happy there and I don't see any reason to ever leave the club."

Unless Barca or RM come with an offer Arsenal can't resist....

PKGooner (IP Logged)
31 May, 2012 18:23
Words mean absolutely nothing.

Man City come in for him tomorrow and I promise he'd be off.

31 May, 2012 18:44
that's the gloom I was talking about surfacing again then.
http://planetsmilies.net/shocked-smiley-9450.gif

flynchstone (IP Logged)
31 May, 2012 19:57
It's ok Philly, we're gonna win the league(Sm108)

31 May, 2012 20:00
(Sm48)

(Sm152)

That's more like it!

http://planetsmilies.net/sport-soccer-smiley-24.gif

weedz (IP Logged)
31 May, 2012 22:22
I still believe Robin will stay. Unlike most of our other sold stars, Robin has never spoken in the press about a desire to leave or go somewhere else.

In fact he`s the only star we`ve got/had who has had opposing managers saying they believe that he`ll stay at Arsenal.

Analka, Edu, Viera, Hleb, Flamini, Henry, Abebayor, Fabregas and Nasri have all used the power of the press to their advantage when making a move from our club.

Mertz for Club Captain

flynchstone (IP Logged)
31 May, 2012 22:27
As much as I want him to stay, him saying "No matter what happens I'll always be a gooner" could be considered a very subtle way of playing the press.

weedz (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 05:40
Jack said something like this about a year ago.

Mertz for Club Captain

karsene16 (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 08:58
The wife could want a move.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/karsene/wilshere.jpg?t=1376646952

Billythekid (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 10:48
Jesus, many of you seem to have a lobotomy at the end of every season. Chelsea have spent 80m and the season has barely come to a close, City if they spent nothing would still have the strongest squad in the league now followed very closely by Chelsea.

Yet we celebrate and jump up and down because one of our players says that they still like the club ?!
There is no ray of light just a steady stream of darkness blotting out the sun from our sky, we are in serious need of creative players of real quality but that looks less and less likely with every day that passes as the top teams line up the best and we salivate over the scraps like dogs pawing at the table begging both for players to stay and the dross that is left over in the market to sign.

Every time that a top team signs another top quality player another ray of light is blotted out with regard to winning or even competing to win and Robin is probably shaking his head right now thinking "why should I stay," and why should he indeed ?!

We will be fighting for fourth again next season and the season after that and so on, as it has been for the last 7 years it seems it will be for the next 10 and I wouldn't mind that if we were still at Highbury paying 20 quid to watch the games in a 35,000 seat stadium rather than a state of the art 60,000 capacity stadium where the fans get charged mortgage rates with absolutely no return whatsoever.

We were sold the lie that moving would put us in a position to compete, that is why you pay what you do to go to the games and that was why it was ok, it is why it would have been fine for 5 years of no investment in the 1st team but now they are taking the fu'king p'iss as every year the other teams get stronger and Arsenal gets consistently progressively worse.

The fans will become more and more apathetic to this crime as they have shown for the last 7 years up until the point where they stop caring and when they stop caring at all then they will stop going and they should, boycott now or be complicit in the demise of the club you claim to love because it is being destroyed from the inside out !!!

flynchstone (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 11:57
* post removed because of shameless, optimistic, pro-Wenger content *

younghansolo (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 12:24
Chelsea don't even have a manager but are getting @#$%& done.

01 June, 2012 12:26
Chelsea – Arsenal 2-0

Chelsea – Man Utd 2-1

Man City – Chelsea 1-0

Man City – Arsenal 0-3

Man Utd – Chelsea 2-1

Chelsea – Man City 2-0

Man Utd – Arsenal 1-0

Man City – Man Utd 0-0

Man Utd – Man City 2-1

Arsenal – Chelsea 3-1

Arsenal – Man City 0-0

Arsenal – Man Utd 1-0

And now we can start calculating and make our self a little league table and after a little ruffle on the drums we can see the final table…..

Pos TEAM Games Won Draw Lost For Against Points
1 ARSENAL 6 3 1 2 7 4 10
2 M UTD 6 3 1 2 6 5 10
3 Chelsea 6 3 0 3 8 7 9
4 MAN CITY 6 1 2 3 2 7 5

They're all streaking ahead of us, eh Billy.
(Sm103)
Such a killjoy.

01 June, 2012 12:28
Quote:
younghansolo

Yup, that they are. Keep spending like this and they'll be banned from Europe soon.
(Sm100)

PKGooner (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 12:56
Quote:
Philly the kid
Quote:
younghansolo

Yup, that they are. Keep spending like this and they'll be banned from Europe soon.
(Sm100)

No club will be banned from Europe.

Shane (IP Logged)
01 June, 2012 13:01
I'd rather Koscielny came out with this statement, he's rapidly becoming one of the finest centre-halves around which means its only a matter of time before he attracts interest and f*cks off.

He reminds me of Sol, he can be that good and I'd quite like to hang on to him.

01 June, 2012 16:52
I know PK. But theme the rules.
Why they make rules they won't enforce is well and truly beyond me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net