football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Arsenal shock as Djourou is ready to move on....
Philly the kid (IP Logged)
30 May, 2012 11:37
linky

Johan Djourou today claimed he could leave Arsenal this summer after growing frustrated at a lack of first-team football.

The 25-year-old started just 14 Premier League games last season after the Gunners signed Per Mertesacker to compete with Thomas Vermaelen and Laurent Koscielny at centre-back.

He signed a new deal in February to tie him to the club until 2015 but is now considering his future with a loan move another possible option. “My situation at Arsenal is not easy,” he told a Swiss website. “I’ve never played so little and especially not in my own position. If an interesting offer comes, I’ll look at it carefully.”

Switzerland boss Ottmar Hitzfeld believes a transfer may be necessary to ensure he retains his place in the national side.

He said: “If he wants to be selected, he must have some game time in the club. This is not the case at Arsenal.”

Arsene Wenger is likely to be reluctant to allow Djourou to leave given his desire to keep four first-team centre-backs at the club and is looking to strengthen other areas.

Sources insist Rennes midfielder Yann M’Vila is not under serious consideration due to concerns about his off-field behaviour. He was arrested earlier this month for allegedly punching a 17-year-old.

Please Arsene, get Vertonghen in.
Then we will have the best choice of CB's in the league as far as I can see.

Re: Arsenal shock as Djourou is ready to move on....
BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
30 May, 2012 12:44
A loan move to Sunderland is not far away then.

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
30 May, 2012 12:56
Given our track record with injuries, Djourou's loan move (if any) should include a clause where Arsenal can recall him on very short notice.

Shane (IP Logged)
30 May, 2012 13:07
I haven't forgiven him for when he let the fucken ball bounce in the box at Old Trafford then Welbeck nipped in and scored.

That's the absolute basics of defending, I could go watch an U13 game on Sunday and all four centre-halves will know NOT to let the ball bounce in the box.

Should've been 7-2.

At Arsenal we're gonna suffer injuries to centre-halves, its right up there with death and taxes as certainties in life so next when we've got a few out we need someone better than him to steady the ship. He's 'alright' but he's not good is he.

Slordio (IP Logged)
30 May, 2012 17:21
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE!!!!!!

THE GUY IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE.

Peter Storey (IP Logged)
30 May, 2012 17:58
Oh, thank you God!

[farm5.static.flickr.com]

Baby I was born to MOAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net