football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

m'vila rumours
crumps (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 14:21
are getting stronger in the twitter world with deal to be announced by the end of the week

Re: m'vila rumours
BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 14:29
I'm going to hold my breath.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 14:34
I just died.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

flynchstone (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 14:42
(Sm112)(Sm112)(Sm112)

gooney (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 14:49
the rumour is we havent even contacted his club yet and will do it before the Euros

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 16:02
Wenger rejects M'Vila move

M'Vila: Not moving to Arsenal

Arsene Wenger has rejected reports France midfielder Yann M'Vila could follow Lukas Podolski to Arsenal in a big-money move from Rennes.

The Gunners bagged Podolski from FC Köln for £10 million but Wenger has moved to quash rumours surrounding the signing of the highly-rated middle-man.

"It is not true," the Gunners boss told Sky Sports. "There is not any interest at the moment.

"We have not been in touch with anybody, we have not made any offer to anybody and we are nowhere near to buying anybody else at the moment."

Meanwhile, Podolski has expressed his admiration for Arsenal, saying he is relishing meeting his new team-mates.

The 26-year-old will move to Emirates Stadium after Germany's Euro 2012 campaign later in July and the striker is excited to start playing 'the Arsenal way'.

"Arsenal are a very disciplined team; they play great football with excellent passing and they are really good to watch on television," he told Arsenal Player.

"I'm excited to be part of this team now, playing that way and making the supporters happy.

"Robin van Persie has had such a brilliant season - it has been great to watch. Then there is Per Mertesacker who I know well, and I have also been impressed with the performances of Wojciech Szczesny in goal.

"Of course Tomas Rosicky has had a very good season. But there are many great players at Arsenal and I'm looking forward to meeting all of my new team-mates."

Podolski added: "I used to enjoy watching Henry, Pires and Jens Lehmann of course. Bergkamp as well.

"There are quite a few great players from Arsenal's history - we know them all, don't we?! And I'm proud to become an Arsenal player myself."

[www.football365.co.za]

(Sm22)(Sm22)(Sm22)(Sm22)
From Zambia I think.

True or false? grinning smiley

karl16 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 16:18
We went in for M'vila last season couldn't get him so got Arteta, I don't see why people think Wenger of all people will get another another defensive player.

younghansolo (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 16:18
He said the EXACT, EXACT! same thing about Arteta days before we signed him

Willy (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 16:20
Smoke and mirrors from Wenger we hope but that doesn't sound good. AW does like to keep it shtum to prevent the big boys coming in though. In the case of M'Vila though surely United and Chelsea must both be in for him if he's that good. They are equally lacking in that department.

Rockstaar (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 16:30
judging from that Wenger statement, sounds like M'vila is coming

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah110/onlyonerockstaar/arsenalsigs2_zps28332df5.jpg
[arsenalsigs.blogspot.com]

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 16:39
Like he said he will not sign player in January...and then signed Reyes grinning smiley

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 16:54
NEVER LISTEN TO WHAT WENGER SAYS. How many times does it need to be said? He uses his public quotes to manage expectations of fans and to speak directly to the current players. It has very little reflection on reality.

Official 1000th poster in the classic transfer rumors thread of 2014.

flynchstone (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 17:03
Quote:
Goofle11
NEVER LISTEN TO WHAT WENGER SAYS. How many times does it need to be said? He uses his public quotes to manage expectations of fans and to speak directly to the current players. It has very little reflection on reality.
Exactly.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 17:18
Yes don't listen to Wenger as he stated last year we'd only add one or two 'gwol-lo-ty' players that would actually improve the team. Then we ended up signing half a dozen piles of s.hite at a quarter to mid night on deadline day.

Don't believe we'll sign quality because we won't. If Wenger says we will, we won't. If Wenger says we won't, we won't.

We don't sign young quality players. Period.

karl16 (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 17:22
Best quote of the year:

Goofle11/Tank engine - "NEVER LISTEN TO WHAT WENGER SAYS."

Shane (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 17:24
The aforementioned piles of sh* t spared our blushes this season.

Anyways as this emerged from some fat pr*ck on Twitter I won't get too excited.

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
22 May, 2012 17:47
those quotes are from a few weeks ago as well

slow news day

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

22 May, 2012 18:41
exactly that was before the west brom game merl!stop pulling these fellas plonkers!

nis (IP Logged)
23 May, 2012 00:30
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Yes don't listen to Wenger as he stated last year we'd only add one or two 'gwol-lo-ty' players that would actually improve the team. Then we ended up signing half a dozen piles of s.hite at a quarter to mid night on deadline day.
Don't believe we'll sign quality because we won't. If Wenger says we will, we won't. If Wenger says we won't, we won't.

We don't sign young quality players. Period.

lool

(hard work will beat talent if talent dont work hard)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net