football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

i am grimandi's youtube scout assistant (im bored at work)
crumps (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 09:05
Im very bored at work today so i thought i would pretend to be grimandi's you tube scout assistant.

These are a couple of players that their value could be fairly reasonable and are players that could play in the areas that we need more strengthening:

Etienne Capoue

Big, Strong, Athletic and comfortable on the ball, can play at the back or in centre midfield role - looks an absolute beast:
[
">www.youtube.com
] (videos start rounf 1m30s into this link, couple of pics before video starts)

Junior Hoillet

Blackburns best player last season, can play on either wing, and just off the striker, has pace, strength and skill, plus a high work rate - will be a small fee as contract has expired and fee will be set by a tribunal - probably no more than £5m - would be a far better option to have than arshavin and the rather dissapointing gervinho

[
">www.youtube.com
] this video shows how he ripped us apart when blackburn beat us 4-3 at the start of season and gave sagna a nightmare

Mateo Kovacic

This is one for the future but hes been around for a couple of years and has champs league footy expierence, an exciting central attacking midfielder who again has plenty of energy to burn but this transfer could be an expensive 1 though as im sure there are a lot of clubs eyeing him up

[
">www.youtube.com
]

Matias Suarez

Rumour is we were close to signing him up in the winter window and most recently he has had a work permit rejected as he hasnt played enough international matches - however his argentine competition is Sergio Ageuro, Carlos Tevez and Higuian - the lad has been the best player in belgium league for the past 2 seasons, again he can play up front or on the wings, looks a natural finisher and goal poacher and in this video gets plenty of assists and would be a far better option than chamakh, vela and bendtner

[
">www.youtube.com
]

Re: i am grimandi's youtube scout assistant (im bored at work)
Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 09:50
you are bored

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

crumps (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 09:59
very!!!! going to be a long summer - unless arsenal start spending early

looking forward to what happens at spurs now!

Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 10:07
arry will try and get most of the money they get from selling modric to chelski

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Flicktalker (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 10:09
Suarez is definitely not an option any time soon, the club have been told he 100% won't qualify for a WP so they've turned attentions elsewhere.

crumps (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 10:29
real shame about suarez - think he would have been a good signing

Loic Remy could be an option - Marseille had a disspointing season and are struggling fiancially

[
">www.youtube.com
]

Willy (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 10:37
Hoilett looks pretty average there. Running with patchy end product. No better than Theo/Gervinho and not as promising as Ox. Any signings IMO need to be likely starters as we have plenty of decent players already, just not enough consistent matchwinners. I don't think there is a position in our starting 11 where a top top player couldn't just walk in to the team and that's the issue, not that we need a bigger squad.

crumps (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 11:00
i personally think we need to improve the squad overall

i cant remember the last time we made a couple of substitutions that have made a real impact

Flicktalker (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 11:04
Quote:
crumps
i personally think we need to improve the squad overall
i cant remember the last time we made a couple of substitutions that have made a real impact

I'm in this camp, only it's a few of the starters that I'd relegate to the bench as impact players. The likes of Gervinho, Walcott and Song would show a real strength in depth and there are more consistent, better options out there to strengthen the first team. I'd put Hoilett in the same bracket as Gervinho. I'd prefer a real line-hugging right winger in the line up, especially if Podolski is used on the left. Can imagine him popping up at the back post ala vintage Pires and scoring some vital goals. Would like a winger he can swing those kind of balls in.

Willy (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 11:33
Well flick to me that's the same point, those players are not (yet/ever) good enough to start but could make an impact from the bench. Signing players of a similar quality to what we have won't make much difference other than during injury crises and will inflate wage bill.

Also lack of impact subs is partly down to Wenger. We had Ox on the bench and often didn't use him when impact was needed, AW prefers to trust the starting 11. Therefore we have to add more creativity to that set-up, we probably need just one quality playmaker added into the mix and we would break teams down more easily.

It's basically replacing the Cesc/Nasri/Arshavin deficit beyond Arteta. I don't know who we need but it ain't Hoilett.

Flicktalker (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 11:38
I just hope this M'Vila deal comes off, he's exactly what we need. Someone who will patrol the area between defence and midfield in a way that Song has long since given up on.

Helps that Inter have brought Guarin in from Porto and the talk is he's definitely on his way to England. He's my ideal signing, not the BEST player, but the right one.

Willy (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 11:54
As I've just posted elsewhere, I think the other issue aside from creativity drain this year has been the lack of pressure on the ball since Flamini left. We don't need a big imposing figure necessarily but someone who will set the tone for energetic pressing. Song, Ramsey and Arteta are a shocking unit in terms of pressing, Rosicky can't sustain it. Gibbs is obv better at it than Santos but in general the defence (maybe barring Mertesacker) would commit to it more if the midfield started. So either we give Wilshere this role (a bit of a waste) we give Song new instructions or we sign someone else.

crumps (IP Logged)
21 May, 2012 12:10
Yeah i do like the look of m'vila i think he would do a better job than song in terms of protecting the back four but also keeping the ball

the only thing is the fee - will wenger and arsenal break the bank for him????

i think hoillett would be a brilliant addition to bring off the bench much better than arshavin/chamakh

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net