football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

We must arrange the boycott now.
Billythekid (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 16:36
The club is going to do again this year what it has done for the last six, RvP is gone judging by the comments I have heard and Wenger has known it all along which is why he bought Podowlski when he did and the reason this keeps happening is because people keep going to the games, buying the new shirts, coffee mugs etc.

Leave your hopes of world class players coming to the club behind because I can't see it happening, what I can see is the one world class players we have being sold for 4 or 5 times what we spent on Pods and for that profit to be swallowed up by the club in order to further increase the value of the shares for the shareholders, the board.

It has to stop and it won't stop all by itself, we have to take some responsibility for the club we love before these Muppets asset strip it completely and what is more of an asset to a football club than world class players ?!

When they do all leave so will any chance of Arsenal being successful which will negatively impact on merchandising, the gate receipts and consequently the share value, this board is poised to sell up within 18 months because there is no way on Gods Earth that they don't know that.

The time to do this was three years ago and yet we have sat on our hands in faith that the board was not just a bunch of investors looking to increase their own profit margins individually, but that is quite patently not the truth of the matter.

Paying fans, people who go week in and week out need to be prepared to not go or to create such a fuss at games that we force the change by way of good old fashioned bullying because they won't hear our reason, diplomacy first but we've been diplomatic for 7 years.

People who do not attend should not buy this years replica kit, coffee mugs or doilies. Last year on the final day of the season the fans were singing "spend some uckin money" and the club promptly sold three of our best players, two of them to a competitor and replaced them with players who are not even shadows of those we sold.

That is such an insult to the fans and the audacity of it is quite astounding, you either do or do not.

Re: We must arrange the boycott now.
Peter Storey (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 16:52
Like I said last season, they treat the fans like a bunch of c.unts! And all you silly p.rats that defend Wenger and the Board, I aint got any time for ya!

[farm5.static.flickr.com]

Baby I was born to MOAN

RadioFreeArsenal (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 17:01
Billy I understand your sentiments but I doubt a boycott as first option can be undertaken. I think we need to organize perhaps so that can be undertaken when all other options are used up but I think it is simply too difficult to put a boycott together straight away.

I think we need to organize and indeed place pressure on the Club and the Board to explain all of this publicly and why the Board's words and actions have been shown to be all but completely inconsistent with known fact.

I think we need to do this now because you are right - now at least -that there is no Arsenal Football Club without us, though that may well change if we let it.

So we have far more power now even short of a boycott provided we are willing to organize and utilize it than many of us realize. But we have to do that to make that power matter. We have to organioze and not just target the Board but the media who can target the Board act its actions in ways no advocacy group of any size or scope can really.

As I say these types have no stomach to fight because they have too much to lose. But if we won't fight as we haven't even after it became obvious the lies they told us all along were in fact lies in many instances they can and will walk all over us as they have. But if we stand up to them and hold them accountable for real answers they will back down especially if we can successfully get the media focused on these issues and discrepancies, and they will do what they have to just to shut us up even.

Yes they will lose some money but they will lose less than if they push us toward the point of lasy resort and far less at that.. But we need to show thenm that its at risk here and now because right now it really isn't as long as just quietly accept things as they are.

But a boycott here and now will fail and undermine any success we might have had adopting a course which holds out the possibility of boycott but gives them a chance to respond and correct things now. And if they pull a fast one then we still have the boycott option if need be.

But if you push for boycott now and fail we are at best right back where we are now. Right now we need to organize so we can formally put together our opposition to these onging policies and decide how best to do so so it can be successful opposition.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 19:03
Membership renewals soon.....

Philly the kid (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 19:09
Well, i said a long time ago i'd give wenger this on last window to sort his act out. I stand by that.
After pulling 3rd out of the hat, i thought all this $hit was supposed to be better. Not looking good right now though.

Rockstaar (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 19:12
The sports business is one of the most cleverly marketed businesses you will ever come across because it deals with emotion and it is usually instilled in people from their early years

getting all these people on the same page almost impossible..you'll hear the oh if I give up my season ticket, I'll never be able to get it again or its my club why should I let them dictate what I do

hell, people have a hard time wrapping their head around the fact that professional sports has always been a business

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah110/onlyonerockstaar/arsenalsigs2_zps28332df5.jpg
[arsenalsigs.blogspot.com]

18 May, 2012 19:24
A mass boycott would be difficult or impossible to organize especially as a first option for the reasons that Rockstaar outlines about how emotional a decision that really is, but also because to even try it now would be on extremely short notices which would increase the unlikelyhood of success.

A Boycott in 2 or 3 years could be a possibility but even then the greater likelihood is much smaller even thousands of individual boycotts as supporters weigh the cost and sacrifice of a season ticket versus the continued decline and decide it just isn't woth it for them.

That is why I say we need to exercise actions short of the final option here and now. If the Club were actually to ignore then there would be a boycott of one sort or another unless as at Old Trafford results improved demonstrably and significantly and quickly. The s.hit was going to hit the fan there any moment but it's funny how a few trophies will change that.

80'sGoona (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 21:05
The laugh would be if the club were working their @#$%& off to buy these players you want, only for these players to see the boycott and want nothing to do with the club.

You'd deserve a big pat on the back for that one.

Billythekid (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 21:52
Quote:
Rockstarr
The sports business is one of the most cleverly marketed businesses you will ever come across because it deals with emotion and it is usually instilled in people from their early years
getting all these people on the same page almost impossible..you'll hear the oh if I give up my season ticket, I'll never be able to get it again or its my club why should I let them dictate what I do

hell, people have a hard time wrapping their head around the fact that professional sports has always been a business

Sad but true, all of it. But that doesn't mean we should not do it.

Billythekid (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 21:55
Quote:
80's
The laugh would be if the club were working their @#$%& off to buy these players you want, only for these players to see the boycott and want nothing to do with the club.

Yep I agree that this a danger also, but I think we should arrange it for the close of the transfer window not now and I should have made that more clear from the outset, I don't think that the quality players are coming and if they do not then the boycott should start.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 22:29
Every summer under wenger is a nightmare

The management of contracts is also a major disaster our club either lies big time to its fans or are a bunch of incompetent idiots

They are either incapable of learning from
Mistakes or they know exactly what they are doing and take the fans for complete muppets

People running it are sucking the life out of our club

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2012 03:06
Quote:
PKGooner
Membership renewals soon.....

How many of you all are willing to break off a tradition from your great-greatgrandpa till today?

Especially with 40,000+ on the waiting list eagerly snatching up all discontinued memberships?

You may not like your Headman, you may not like your COuncil, but hey man, it is your TRIBE!!

TRIBALISM ROCKS!!!!

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2012 03:35
A short while ago the club decided in there wisdom to increase the price on Silver membership, making it a 73% increase in just 2 years.

Shortly after we did an open letter to the club and urged fellow Silver members to send it to the club showing our rage over the increase

On 02 May 2012 twitter user @DazGooner81 sent off the letter to the clubs box office and just a mere 16 days later he got this response...

Dear XXXXX

Thank you for your email.

We do understand and empathise in respect of this matter. I do appreciate that your email is detailed and heartfelt and I do apologise for the brevity of my response.

In respect of this issue, there is a paragraph within the membership Q and A’s that addresses the increase in cost of Silver membership. This was a joint response issued by the commercial, communications and marketing departments.

“Why have we increased membership again?

Silver Membership provides you with a priority window for ticket access two months ahead of the fixture, and one month ahead of Red Membership. Silver Members have a far higher probability of securing a ticket for the match in the location they want than Red Members. Unlike Red membership it is a closed scheme and the maximum number of Silver Members remains the same from one season to the next. It still represents strong value for money, and its price reflects the benefit of the priority access.”

Once again, thank you for your Email. This matter has been logged and will be reported upon.

Regards

Arsenal Box Office SL
Highbury House,75 Drayton Park, London, N5 1BU

So as we thought, a supply and demand increase…

[www.fansonline.net]

19 May, 2012 03:36
I think you meant to say ACID Rocks, no?

carld1989 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2012 09:25
a boycott is a total overreaction. besides for anybody who gives up their ticket there are a hundred fans to fill that seat. we had a great season coming third without spending silly money. podolski is a great signing and yet people keep ranting spend some money. many forget we played the epl champions off the park a few weeks ago and that was without jack wilshire. i could understand spurs fans getting upset, crappy little stadium, hardly ever in the top four. but we get top four every year. and it is as good as winning a trophy as it brings in much neded revenue, not to mention an excuse to be naughty on tuesday or wednesday nights. no, a boycott is way too radical. if it is not broken, don't fix it. and we are far from broken thanks to the best manager that ever lived.

seanski (IP Logged)
19 May, 2012 09:39
the "movement" yet again going through it's regualar spasms. We've signed podolski with more quality signing definitely on the way. That's right let's have a boycott!!

The RVP saga is NOT of the clubs making, if he goes it will be because, like samir (loads of money) nasri, he's a greedy @#$%&, with zilch loyalty to the man who brought him from obscurity and made him a world class player.

You boycott @#$%& and fecking boring, do yer know that??

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
19 May, 2012 09:42
I think we should show support for the way the directors have turned us into feeder club for Man City, it has kept us financially stable and ensures 3rd place.

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

carld1989 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2012 09:44
Quote:
seanski
the "movement" yet again going through it's regualar spasms. We've signed podolski with more quality signing definitely on the way. That's right let's have a boycott!!
The RVP saga is NOT of the clubs making, if he goes it will be because, like samir (loads of money) nasri, he's a greedy @#$%&, with zilch loyalty to the man who brought him from obscurity and made him a world class player.

You boycott @#$%& and fecking boring, do yer know that??

well said. there are no pleasing some people. i bet if we won the epl, the cl, the fa cup, the board would be slatted for not failing to win the carling cup. I'm not some blinkered akb, and im pretty certain you are the smae with me on this, its a lot healthier focusing on what we do have, rather what we don't have, which is imagined half the time bu some seriously ott comments. a club always in the top four, paying off the best stadium in the world, a team that can beat anybody on their day, man c, we blew them off the park. im happy the way things are going and proud we don't go and waste billions on players.

80'sGoona (IP Logged)
19 May, 2012 10:00
Quote:
Padre Pio
I think we should show support for the way the directors have turned us into feeder club for Man City, it has kept us financially stable and ensures 3rd place.

Yep, our directors gave Man City that bottomless pit of money they currently benefit from.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2012 10:02 by 80'sGoona.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
19 May, 2012 10:18
No 80s gooner our directors didnt give them a bottomless pit of money, but instead a bottomless pit of talent that has given City credibility.
You could almost make a first 11 out of ex Arsenal players up there.
For RvP to go up there is no problem for him, it means he will be amongst mates.

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

carld1989 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2012 10:24
Quote:
Padre Pio
No 80s gooner our directors didnt give them a bottomless pit of money, but instead a bottomless pit of talent that has given City credibility.
You could almost make a first 11 out of ex Arsenal players up there.
For RvP to go up there is no problem for him, it means he will be amongst mates.

its very similar to spurs relationship with man u. they are a feeder club to the red half of manchester.

carld1989 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2012 10:27
which for us is not a bad arangement, we need the money, they need the players. we always replace who we give man c who are happy to pay over the odds for our players.

seanski (IP Logged)
19 May, 2012 10:30
That's right padre, he'll be among mates. And that the demon Wenger's fault, right? 'tis a shame that you who historivally always seemed to be a steading hand seem to have lost your compass and be aligning yourself with positions that franky are anti arsenal

celine dion (IP Logged)
19 May, 2012 12:00
Seanski, out of interest, what are you paying for your membership currently. If you are an S/T holder then I would argue that you are probably getting fairly good value for money. But if you are on the silver or the red or worse still platinum i would say you arent. Which one are you?

Billythekid (IP Logged)
19 May, 2012 13:21
Quote:
That's right padre, he'll be among mates. And that the demon Wenger's fault, right? 'tis a shame that you who historivally always seemed to be a steading hand seem to have lost your compass and be aligning yourself with positions that franky are anti arsenal

Party line tripe, you know nothing !

19 May, 2012 17:28
We replace them? Oh yeah with considerably weaker talent?

Clichy-Gibbs
Adebayor-Bendtner
Toure-Silvestre
Nasri-Gervinho

Now VanPersie-Podolski?

0r is it VanPersie-Park?

Come on FFS

And what good is that moeny?

Hasn't helped keep or buy any player and hasn't paid a penny off our debt Carl - so what do we need it for then?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net