football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

What is Vieira up to?
Slordio (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 11:11
Like most Gooners, it saddens me a lot to see an Arsenal legend working for the classless @#$%& City. But when he starts commenting on the RVP situation, from where he stands, I can't get my head around it. What do you think? Honest assessment of the truth from someone who still cares about his former club? Or cynical attempt to tap up yet another of our players?

“I think losing Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas last year was a big shock for Arsenal,” Vieira said. “I think if they lose Robin van Persie this year it will be a drama. It is a big risk.

“They lost Cesc and Samir but you knew that Robin was staying behind. If they lose Robin, who is behind?

“From Arsenal’s point of view, I think these are the things they should close a long time ago but Arsenal don’t need me to tell them that. “Of course it is going to be difficult to keep or to convince Robin.”

“I’m not the right person to tell him what he should do but, knowing Robin, I don’t think it will only be City who would like this kind of player,” Vieira said. “I don’t think you have so many good talents like Robin van Persie who have just one year left on his contract. I think there will be a lot of teams who will want a player like Robin.”

“Robin wants to win trophies,” Vieira said. “Arsenal have to show him he can do it with Arsenal. The best way for them to get him to sign a contract is to bring players to the club who can show him that the club are in the same line as him.

“It’s really important because we know how Robin loves Arsenal. That’s not the question, the question is how Arsène Wenger will convince Robin they can win trophies.

“With Samir and Cesc you can say, ‘OK, those two are gone’, but behind you know that there is Jack Wilshere and Van Persie still at the club.

“But if Robin comes to leave, that means next year it may be Theo Walcott, next year’s going to be Wilshere.

“It’s going to be difficult for Arsenal to keep the top players. On the other side, if they keep Robin they’re going to send a positive message to all the clubs and to all the people around and I think it’s really important to keep him. The first step is to keep all the quality players and the talent. There’s still a year so that means he’s not gone yet.”

Re: What is Vieira up to?
SuperRob (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 11:19
Quote:
Slordio
What do you think? Honest assessment of the truth from someone who still cares about his former club? Or cynical attempt to tap up yet another of our players?

Either way, he is right.

De Times (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 11:36
If i were vieira, i would say what he said over and over again. He just said what needed to be said and no way is it comparable to what dimwits like wrighty etc says about the club and manager time and time again.
And to answer the question, he is even encouraging us to keep the player and not in any way tapping up robin. Infact, his comments will probably make us keep rvp than not.
I'm tired of the suppresion of freedom of speech just because they think it will influence something. Other people's media quotes influences nothing, people do what they want to do.

"The problem was the stadium. They didn't have the money to buy the players. Arsene is a straight guy. He can see into the future. He didn't want to be penalised by financial fair play so he wanted to stay by the rules and not living by debt. This year everything has been paid. He's just paid 50 million euros for Mesut Ozil. In the future he will do it". - Nasri.
Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

Billythekid (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 12:02
He said what I've been saying for 4 years and I'm still right, I told Viera to say all of that.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 12:07
He's not betraying us, he's right. Viera speaks his mind and it's plain for anyone to see our club is being run by a den of c.unts.

Also all this loyalty spiel gets over played. He's a legend yes, but he had a fairly good year in his last season, a season he wanted to spend at Arsenal to finish his career. But we rejected the chance of signing him because it could potentially 'kiiiilll' Denilson's prgress. Another prime example of why our team policy is a joke.

It was City who gave him one last year at the top, otherwise he may well be on our coaching staff now instead.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 12:23
Thanks for tapping up Nasri for City last summer you @#$%& Vieira.

Wh0ring himself out to Madrid every season, he's no legend f*ck him

Willy (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 12:24
That's right Booty, it's a squad game and Vieira could have played a part just like Thierry did. Then again we could have done more to keep Pires and Gilberto around. The urge to cleanse the squad of slightly older players has backfired now the Hlebs, Fabs, and Ads of this world have also departed leaving people like Djourou. Getting Vieira back could have undone some of that and restored a bit of history and culture to the Emirates team but Wenger clearly couldn't have it for whatever reason.

What he says sounds like he is still an AFC man, but one that understands this exact scenario. AW often puts AFC in this position in that we always have a few players who seem to be carrying us and wondering who will join. He repeatedly refuses to tip the balance towards more star players and makes empty promises about retaining players.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 12:25
Do we really want c.unts like Lesri at our club?

I couldn't be happier that dyke c.unt has gone. Manufactured garbage like $hitty is the perfect place for him.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 12:33
Mate if Nasri was still at ours he'd be the best player at the club after Van Persie, lesbian dyke or not I'm not sure why that matters.

Didn't hear Solsjkaer telling Rooney to leave Man United, or Jamie Redknapp telling Modric/Bale to leave the vermin. Dyke c*nt or not, for a supposed Arsenal 'legend' to be telling him to leave is bang out of order, in essence actually tapping him up for the plastic no mark club Vieira now works for.

Would Vieira be a coach at Arsenal if offered the chance - who knows? The fact that he's at Man City, one of our biggest rivals now, and is telling our best players to leave shows me he's a bit of a money grabbing wh0re just like the dyke, and just like himself actually when he was trying to manufacture moves to Real madrid every season

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 12:40
Lesri is a good player, but he's not consistant. That little dyke wants to look at his muff diving face in the mirror the next time he talks about us not winning anything. he went missing in many a game, including the cup final where he had the best chance of experiencing silverware.

You didn't hear Solskjaer tell Rooney to leave because Rooney plays for a top ambitious club already. RVP doesn't. And Viera isn't telling him to leave anyway, he's simply stating what the vast majority of our fans think and know anyway.

I also find it hard to call Man City one of our big rivals too. They are the top team in the country at the moment and we would have to be somewhere near that standard in order to call them 'our rivals'. We're quite clearly not.

Viera and most of the rest of us know this.

karsene16 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 12:48
Cesc was a big loss, Nasri could finish on the right, average and OCD on the left and center. He's has more assist now that he's at City because of crossing, something that was pointless to his role at Arsenal.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/karsene/cutmypic.png

Shane (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 12:54
Former player or not he can't speak about our players given his position at City.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 12:59
Quote:
BootyDaddy
Lesri is a good player, but he's not consistant. That little dyke wants to look at his muff diving face in the mirror the next time he talks about us not winning anything. he went missing in many a game, including the cup final where he had the best chance of experiencing silverware.
You didn't hear Solskjaer tell Rooney to leave because Rooney plays for a top ambitious club already. RVP doesn't. And Viera isn't telling him to leave anyway, he's simply stating what the vast majority of our fans think and know anyway.

I also find it hard to call Man City one of our big rivals too. They are the top team in the country at the moment and we would have to be somewhere near that standard in order to call them 'our rivals'. We're quite clearly not.

Viera and most of the rest of us know this.

Yes mate you're right purely on a football level we're not even close to Man City, we're miles off even challenging for the league, never mind winning it.

But they absolutely despise up there now, and us them - making matchdays up there quite interesting. For them to sing songs about our manager being a paedophile, a no mark club like them nicking our best players, the whole fiasco with Adebayor - for someone who's meant to be an Arsenal legend to then go on and tell one of our best players last season (Nasri) to leave us and join doesn't really sit well with me - not when the person doing it is supposed to be a 'legend' at the club.

As brilliant as a player he was, he's no legend in my eyes, not like Bergkamp, which is what my original post was about. Nothing to do with whether he's right or wrong - but if you're really a legend you don't ever encourage players to leave, especially for the sh1tpit of a club he now works for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2012 13:00 by PKGooner.

karsene16 (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 13:06
Fans made Vieira an Arsenal Legend not the other way around, he was just playing his football and dreaming of Madrid.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/karsene/cutmypic.png

PKGooner (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 13:06
Yes - in most fans eyes Vieira is a legend.

I'm saying hes not.

Willy (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 13:24
I'm not sure what he said to Nasri and how can any of us be? I doubt it made a big difference as if you listen to interviews about Nasri he has always been a very shrewd operator, a man with a (selfish) plan. We were a stepping stone for him as soon as he twigged how the board operates if not before. It was just a case of where could he move 'up' to next.

Vieira's courting of Real was annoying but ultimately he went when we told him to go and I think it hurt him personally. I felt sad when he was humiliated at Highbury, but then again he is a childhood hero so I'm pretty biased. He is a legend though, based on his ability, length of service, success and character on the pitch.

18 May, 2012 14:39
whle were bashing him didnt he supposedly want to join spurs a few years back before he signed for city?

RadioFreeArsenal (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 15:45
Again its so sad how so many turn on our players and manager but give the Board that opersonally profitted to the tuen of 400 million pounds so much continued respect .

Not you PK though I disagree with your lambasting Vieiera on this. But it's reallt sad hoiw when we sell legends no man is buigger than the Club but people defend the Board like in fact they are bigger than the Club and more importamt to it than the players who actually wear the shirt.

As I said once this not only has let them ruin the present for us on the pitch but threarena ro let them ruin the future and even take back all the past glory that to be fair they helped to give us. It is leaves us with nothing even as they take everything.

Yet they love this club like we do.Never have less true words been spoken. They love 400 million pounds like we love this club would be more accurate.

Lewis_198four (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 20:07
Patrick Vieira captained Arsenal to an unbeaten season in 2003/04.
Vieira always had a good partner next to him though either Petit, Edu or Gilberto,.
PK is right, I remember every summer the stuff with Madrid, Plus getting sent off and throwing his shirt away.
Charlie George, Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Tony Adams and David Rocastle are legends Ian Wright and Nutty Nigel Winterburn, George Graham all legends.

Vieira was a great player for us, being a c8nt affects your status.
It does make you legendary but in just the wrong way.
Let all the c*nts go to Manchester sh*tty stadium, it's@#$%&up there.

AFC
RULE!

PKGooner (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 20:11
Quote:
Lewis_198four
Patrick Vieira captained Arsenal to an unbeaten season in 2003/04.
Vieira always had a good partner next to him though either Petit, Edu or Gilberto,.
PK is right, I remember every summer the stuff with Madrid, Plus getting sent off and throwing his shirt away.
Charlie George, Dennis Bergkamp, Thierry Henry, Tony Adams and David Rocastle are legends Ian Wright and Nutty Nigel Winterburn, George Graham all legends.

Vieira was a great player for us, being a c8nt affects your status.
It does make you legendary but in just the wrong way.
Let all the c*nts go to Manchester sh*tty stadium, it's@#$%&up there.

You had an eventful day up there after Bendtner scored our 3rd, brilliant game that was winking smiley

De Times (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 22:40
If vieira wants to tell rvp to go, he has his number he could just call him up.

"The problem was the stadium. They didn't have the money to buy the players. Arsene is a straight guy. He can see into the future. He didn't want to be penalised by financial fair play so he wanted to stay by the rules and not living by debt. This year everything has been paid. He's just paid 50 million euros for Mesut Ozil. In the future he will do it". - Nasri.
Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
18 May, 2012 23:38
He's telling the truth it's hard to believe those who manage the club have let yet again but now two of its most important players contracts to run down to one year

Flamini? Wenger is slack with contracts and they should removed from his duty and concerns

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
19 May, 2012 02:47
people, Vieira is a Frenchman, not borned in Islington.

Whatever it is, he had given scintillating services to Arsenal FC, never short-charged Arsenal FC by his performance on the pitch (except during 1st half in 2004/05 season when he gone wanderlust after his abroted move to Real) in comparison to Cesc during his last season and that sewer rat that disappeared during 2nd half of virtually every season.

When he maoned to Wenger for not buying worldclass players tos trengthen teh squad, Wenger retorted: "You were not worldclass when we signed you." SO you cna't blame him for eyeing Real when he ahd won all that is supposedly to be won except CL Cup. (At least Henry completed his medal collection barred Carling Cup.)

Vieira is just a company-man, never shorcharged Arsenal FC; and now embarking on a new career and with loyalty towards his new employer.

He had paid his dues to Arsenal FC and it is the failure of Wenger and the Baord of not matching his ambition to the reality of a heavily in-debt Arsenal FC during his career.

Get over it, will you people.

We all started to sound and look like a Ford-driving dry and sour California prune after losing out our dream-gal, grabbed by a Ferrari-driving beau of her.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net