football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

here we go again, and again, and again
carld1989 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 09:31
for what's worth, those wishing to avoid the frustration of yet another will he, won't he summer - this time starring robin van persie, avoid the newspapers and internst latest football news at all costs. its very difficult as football fans we are programmed to look up the latest saga online before we even have a cup of tea in the morning. im actually very good at avoiding the annual ground hog day summer sagas. i trained myself a couple of years ago to avoid checking online the latest news while the season was still in progress. its gradual and after many failed attempts like quitting smoking i managed to achieve my aim, and aimed my feverish finers to look up educational on stuff online instead. last summer i missed all the nasri, fabregas affairs. i avoided all the 'we are in the hunt for neymar, messi, and every other silly rumour.' i really felt refreshed for the beginning of last season rather than drained.

Re: here we go again, and again, and again
hippogunner (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 09:39
Why are you coming on here then?

Bergmars (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 09:56
(Sm103)

DB10,the best.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 10:21
I felt resfreshed too, panic buying a bunch of dross players at two minutes to mid night on the transfer deadline really set me up nicely for the rest of the season.

tigerline (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 10:47
This goes a long way to explain your myopic defence of wenger despite his negligent failure to deliver a complete, well-drilled squad for the opening of League competition.

Ostriches have more awareness of their surroundings.

Philly the kid (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 11:28
Ostriches don't waste their time speculating as if they know all of the facts.
(Sm16)

tigerline (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 12:40
Quote:
Philly the kid
(Sm16)

szczesny
gibbs
sagna
traore
santos
vermaelen
koscielny
miquel
djourou
mertesacker
jenkinson
song
frimpong
coquelin
Ox
chamakh
rosicky
arteta
arshavin
lansbury
ramsey
gervinho
nasri
bendtner
RVP
walcott
benayoun

wenger played TWENTY-SEVEN different players in our first five league games.
FACT.

And, we had the following players on our bench for the first five league games:
fabianski
ryo
ozyakup
sunu
park

wenger named THIRTY-TWO different players into the 18-man line-ups for our first five league games.
FACT.

wenger signed santos, arteta, mertesacker, and benayoun AFTER THE SEASON HAD ALREADY BEGUN.
FACT.

None of these critical new signings had any chance to settle in with their new teammates.
FACT.

Instead of having an established roster - well-drilled and prepared to compete in league games, we had a mad scramble ... we had mass confusion and disarray ... we had a headless poulet on the sidelines flapping his wings and chirping about mental strength while we dropped FOURTEEN POINTS in our first seven league games.

we were not ready to play when the season opened.
it is the manager's job to have his team planned out, trained, and ready.

Instead, what we saw was the result of wenger's gross negligence in dereliction of his duty.

There was nothing "refreshing" about that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2012 12:44 by tigerline.

carld1989 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 15:35
Quote:
tigerline
Quote:
Philly the kid
(Sm16)

szczesny
gibbs
sagna
traore
santos
vermaelen
koscielny
miquel
djourou
mertesacker
jenkinson
song
frimpong
coquelin
Ox
chamakh
rosicky
arteta
arshavin
lansbury
ramsey
gervinho
nasri
bendtner
RVP
walcott
benayoun

wenger played TWENTY-SEVEN different players in our first five league games.
FACT.

And, we had the following players on our bench for the first five league games:
fabianski
ryo
ozyakup
sunu
park

wenger named THIRTY-TWO different players into the 18-man line-ups for our first five league games.
FACT.

wenger signed santos, arteta, mertesacker, and benayoun AFTER THE SEASON HAD ALREADY BEGUN.
FACT.

None of these critical new signings had any chance to settle in with their new teammates.
FACT.

Instead of having an established roster - well-drilled and prepared to compete in league games, we had a mad scramble ... we had mass confusion and disarray ... we had a headless poulet on the sidelines flapping his wings and chirping about mental strength while we dropped FOURTEEN POINTS in our first seven league games.

we were not ready to play when the season opened.
it is the manager's job to have his team planned out, trained, and ready.

Instead, what we saw was the result of wenger's gross negligence in dereliction of his duty.

There was nothing "refreshing" about that.

FACT. This so called disorganised squad ended up higher than the previous season, despite losing three established team players.

FACT. This so called disorganised squad was also only one of two english teams to progress from the first leg group stages in the cl. A feat not managed by man c or man u who spent millions and millions on their teams in the summer, with superior training and well drilled squads.

FACT. This so called disorganised squad achieved more in terms of european success than man u and man c.

FACT. This so called disorganised squad beat man c and played them off the park. a feat man u failed to do.

FACT. You focus your enery on negative aspects rather than positive aspects.

FACT. When arsenal are the only team in the epl debt free, and buying players the so called big teams can't afford because of the FFPR will insist they operate within their means, and we're winning trophies thanks to wenger's long term vision, the likes of you will change your tune.

FACT. You didn't question wenger's superior wisdom when he took arsenal to go unbeaten through an entire season.

karsene16 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 15:45
you're both right.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/karsene/cutmypic.png

RadioFreeArsenal (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 15:52
Again tiger the issue is whether the policies in place regarding the finances led to that as you term it dereliction of duty, and who set those policies and why?

The funny thing is the second part is moot as even if Arsene Wenger set them it was the Board's job to review and approve or disapprove intially and to subsequently review their success or failure and act accordingly and clearly they were derelict in that duty even if the policies were the manager's.

And hanging over this appropriation of blame is the tiny little detail that all this led to the Board making 400 million pounds for themselves because of how the they or the manager used and did not use the Club's money.

tigerline (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 15:58
Quote:
RadioFreeArsenal
Again tiger the issue is whether the policies in place regarding the finances led to that as you term it dereliction of duty, and who set those policies and why?

The funny thing is the second part is moot as even if Arsene Wenger set them it was the Board's job to review and approve or disapprove intially and to subsequently review their success or failure and act accordingly and clearly they were derelict in that duty even if the policies were the manager's.

And hanging over this appropriation of blame is the tiny little detail that all this led to the Board making 400 million pounds for themselves because of how the they or the manager used and did not use the Club's money.

Please do not confuse me for someone who disagrees with you.

I will always stipulate that the Board owes the fans of the club a duty to supervise and hold the manager accountable for his actions.

I focus on wenger because I am secure in the knowledge that you will be focusing on the Board.

tigerline (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 16:12
Quote:
carld1989
for what's worth, those wishing to avoid the frustration of yet another will he, won't he summer - this time starring robin van persie, avoid the newspapers and internst latest football news at all costs. its very difficult as football fans we are programmed to look up the latest saga online before we even have a cup of tea in the morning. im actually very good at avoiding the annual ground hog day summer sagas. i trained myself a couple of years ago to avoid checking online the latest news while the season was still in progress. its gradual and after many failed attempts like quitting smoking i managed to achieve my aim, and aimed my feverish finers to look up educational on stuff online instead. last summer i missed all the nasri, fabregas affairs. i avoided all the 'we are in the hunt for neymar, messi, and every other silly rumour.' i really felt refreshed for the beginning of last season rather than drained.

I have to admit that I like this approach.
(Sm128)

If you can repeat your successes in avoiding football discussions on the internet this summer, it might really be refreshing ... for everyone.

Good Luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2012 16:12 by tigerline.

17 May, 2012 17:03
Oh well are you Tango or Cash then?

I_got_Gooneria (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 17:14
carld89: you will be a minority here...as i found out as well.. Only negativity is promtoed on this board... If you put up positve facts, you are bound to be branded as stupid or retarded. Please resort to negative comments and you will be treated like a prince.....

carld1989 (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 17:17
Quote:
I_got_Gooneria
carld89: you will be a minority here...as i found out as well.. Only negativity is promtoed on this board... If you put up positve facts, you are bound to be branded as stupid or retarded. Please resort to negative comments and you will be treated like a prince.....

I'll give it a go.

17 May, 2012 18:11
Here's the thing - it shouldn't be a positivity or negativity. It should only be about reality..

Positivity ignores problems that exist. Negativity breates problems that don't. Reality is what we all need to focus on.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
17 May, 2012 23:07
Quote:
here we go again, and again, and again

I thought this thread was going to be about Radiofree grinning smiley

Sorry radio (Sm159)

17 May, 2012 23:21
If I had a dime for every bad joke and even a few good ones(this is well pretty basic) at my expense I could have bought Arsenal myself so you can come back out

Oops I lied MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA Run, PK! (Sm71)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2012 23:23 by RadioFreeArsenal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net