football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

THE Wednesday has arrived.....
Philly the kid (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 08:02
I'm almost willing to bet RVP's contract isn't sorted today.
How long do we all actually believe negotiations will take?

Re: THE Wednesday has arrived.....
litmus (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 08:16
well negotiations can begin on Wednesday, but it might end two weeks from now or longer.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 08:22
My bet is he will go off to Euros with nothing settled

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

Bergmars (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 08:48
Quote:
Padre Pio
My bet is he will go off to Euros with nothing settled
Yes and will go on all summer,tell him this is the offer sign or leave ASAP.

DB10,the best.

16 May, 2012 09:49
And then he will get injured which will complicate things even further

litmus (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 10:26
If he's smart he'll sign before the Euro, knowing his injury history. If he suffers a major injury, he'll have diminished bargaining power with the club and the rest of his suitors.

carld1989 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 10:31
he wants 4 years, which i think he'll be offered, it has to be bs that man c are offering 250 g a week. could be wrong but havea feeling he'll stay.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 11:06
Quote:
litmus
If he's smart he'll sign before the Euro, knowing his injury history. If he suffers a major injury, he'll have diminished bargaining power with the club and the rest of his suitors.

That's b0llocks. If he is going to be out for awhile and sticks to his guns in terms of demands, the club run the risk of losing him on a free next summer.

So the bargaining power is still in his court whatever happens.

16 May, 2012 11:08
He's been out for 7/8 seasons already. I wonder if there's any lingering doubt in his mind concerning his injuries?

PKGooner (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 11:20
He goes off to the Euros

Gets crocked

No one would sign him

That'd be us f*cked but it'd serve him right.

16 May, 2012 11:35
^ that would be sods law.
Hope he signs fast so we can have a settled summer.

De Times (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 13:07
I'm already having a settled summer philly. Can't be bothered with what happens with rvp as i completely trust the manager to do whats best in the interest of the team. I enjoin other fans to do same too.

"A club is a union between players, supporters and directors". - Wenger.
Arsene wenger has done an absolutely masterful job within the constraints he has... Every single year, he has outperformed our spending every single year he has been manager. It is extraordinary. -Gazides.

tigerline (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 13:22
Quote:
De Times
I already had a settled summer last year philly. I could not be bothered with what was going to happen with fabregas and nasri as i have always completely trusted the manager to do what is best in the interest of the team. I continue to enjoin other fans to do same too.

fixed it for you, DT.

BootyDaddy (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 13:27
Quote:
tigerline
Quote:
De Times
I already had a settled summer last year philly. I could not be bothered with what was going to happen with fabregas and nasri as i have always completely trusted the manager to do what is best in the interest of the Board. I continue to enjoin other fans to do same too.

fixed it for you, DT.

Refixed.

tigerline (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 13:36
LOL!

I hope that they all prove us wrong this summer, Booty.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 14:35
..and gone.

Nobody is daft to sign the contract now especially the biggest Footballer's Bazaar where all w.hores can display their wares next month....with plenty of Sugar Daddies willing to offer 'em megabuck deals.

All those w.hores need to do is to bend down in front of Sugar Daddy...to pick up that golden pen to sign the new contracts....

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 14:48
im sure thr wld be a non-commital statement coming out tonite or tomo morn

mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 16:41
Based on recent history of Arsenal's handling of players' contract, I expect nothing to be resolved before RvP goes off to the Euros.

Flava (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 17:20
Fortunately Wenger has built a Fritzl like dungeon. He won't let him until he signs. There's scratch marks on the walls already.

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 17:42

Sammy22 (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 17:48
Well he leaves for holland camp tmrw so today was always just the start

flynchstone (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 18:34
Quote:
Flava
Fortunately Wenger has built a Fritzl like dungeon. He won't let him until he signs. There's scratch marks on the walls already.
(Sm22) I wish he left Nasri down there

Gunnerbean (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 19:15
"Van Persie is likely to make clear his frustration and Arsenal fear that he may tell them he wants to go unless they are competitive next season."

And what about our frustration at all those months and months over the last 8 years when he was out injured eh?

On the balance of probability, taking into account his injury record over the years, there is absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that we, or anyone else for that matter, will get a season out of him again like we've just enjoyed. He's got to be facing burnout soon and I wouldn't mind betting that he picks up something at the Euros.

My own feeling is that maybe it wouldn't necessarily be the doomsday scenario that some are paining it as if we let him go now and cashed in on him while his stock is the highest it's ever likely to be. Get a decent price for him, preferably selling him to a European club rather than to a Premier League rival, or, failing that get some money and (an)other player/s from Man City.

I mean, who would turn their noses up at £10 mil plus Dzeko?

RadioFreeArsenal (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 19:23
Quote:

Oh dearie me are we going to let him go over that fourth year and claim we had no choice again this time?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2012 19:24 by RadioFreeArsenal.

RadioFreeArsenal (IP Logged)
16 May, 2012 19:42
I for one would. Gunnerbean.

I am not confident that Dzeko on his own certainly or even in combination woth podolski makes us any better than we are now. There is a reason that Tevez who hates mancini and rvrn the mad Italian Blaotelli if he hadn't gotten himself banned till the twelfth of never were ahead on the pecking order there. And they play more like Arsenal in the final third than any English team bar none.

And 10 million pouds. I know we took 5 million and Gallas for Asheley Cole, but really was Ashley Cole as essential to that team as Robin has shwon hiself to be to this one?

Ten Million and Aguero Or Kompany. Hell Yeah. 25 million and Dzeko or Tevez? Hell Yeah. 10 million and Dzeko? Hell no.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net