football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Le grove thinks we could get £4million for Diaby
Padre Pio (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 20:10
Why would someone pay that for his sick bill and hospital fees?
Yes what happened to Diaby was terrible but do you think someone else will take up expense at £4million?

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Arsenal’s not a football club it is the one true religion Milton Palmer

Re: Le grove thinks we could get £4million for Diaby
Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 20:19
i dont think he will be sold(Sm3)

more fat blogger nonsense

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

09 May, 2012 20:43
He also said we got offered 10 mil for him last year didnt he?

gooney (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 20:44
I read his blog and the guy is a moon, he thinks we can get 8 million for vela....I dont know where these kind of people live

Jonny Bravo (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 20:50
Word on the street was we were offered 10m for him last summer, cant recall though who made the bid.
It's decision time on Abou I feel, talented no doubt, career ruined by call center/milk float driving cnut..definitely but hes occupying a position in our squad which frankly lacks real cutting edge and a goal scoring threat despite Rosicky's purple patch.
A lot will be defined on where Wilshere's ultimate position will be, regardless we need to add quality to that AM position. Fabregas' goals and assists havn't being replaced, which I feel was even a greater burden on RvP than a lack of CF cover.
Diaby cannot be relied upon to play 30 games a season or even undertake a role as cover.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2012 21:03 by Jonny Bravo.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 21:12
8 million for Vela ha ha

Arsenal is a top 16 European club that will remain a top 16 European club and the Emirates is tape-loop that will win trophy after trophy

Nothing will change to stop Arsenal's domination except the ticket prices which must go up so that Wenger can make even more marquee signings.

Kroenke, Gazidis & Wenger are made for each other a glorious triumvirate heading for immortality.

Philly the kid (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 21:17
How many seasons has our longest serving player completed?
Presuming RVP has now been with us longest!!

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 21:23
If I had to guess probably Djourou or RVP, now that Gael is gone.

4m is a lot of money for a player that doesn't play, but it's a pittance for Abou Diaby if he's fit. If he's ever able to play again you're better off waiting for that though, even if you still wanted to sell him.

Indiangooner (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 21:27
Vela £8million
Denilson £3million
Bendtner £6million
Almunia £freeeeeeeeee
Fabainski £3million
Mannone £500,000
Squillaci £500,000
JD £4,000,000
Diaby £4,000,000
Song £25,000,000
Chamakh £5million
Park £2million
Andrey £5mill

end of season troll started a week earlier this time

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 21:30
Vela's price is way off the mark, the rest seem more or less right to me. Chamakh and Fab a little high perhaps, but not too bad.

tigerline (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 21:33
FYI, that is a total of £66 million .

spend it wisely ...

09 May, 2012 21:57
song isnt going anywhere you toadstools

http://giant.gfycat.com/DistantVastGuanaco.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 21:59
Don't think he is either, but I'd say that's a decent valuation for him.

tigerline (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 22:02
Quote:
Mad Jens

How much do you think that we could get for ram ... er ... [cough] ... [cough] ...................... never mind.

09 May, 2012 22:09
Quote:
Mad Jens

really? how much did we get for cesc

The future is now!!!!!!!

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 22:11
I think we could potentially get more for Song than we did for Cesc.

Sounds crazy but it speaks more to how poorly we handled the Cesc deal more than anything.

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 22:12
Important thing is the wages saved.
Wait for Diaby? Hell will freeze over first

09 May, 2012 22:25
Quote:
Mad Jens
I think we could potentially get more for Song than we did for Cesc.
Sounds crazy but it speaks more to how poorly we handled the Cesc deal more than anything.

we have a reputation for underselling out most valuable players MJ, or "selling them at the true market value", thats the problem

henry viera cesc, in fact the only player we got our moneys worth for was anelka. but we are the first to complain that players are too expensive

we dont want to play by the same rules and this moral financial high ground that we seem to be taking doesnt bode well for us

sell high buy high that should be our motto but its sell low complain about spending high and then buy rubbish at the last minute because thats what we can get

if we get 25 mill for song ill eat karsenes sock on youtube

but like i said he isnt up for sale

The future is now!!!!!!!

09 May, 2012 22:32
IF he ever gets fully fit and plays regularly then Diaby will be on a par with Yaya Toure. He would be totally beyond our budget in the transfer market. That’s why, quite rightly, Wenger has been so patient with him.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 22:35
@Jack: We could get more we could get less all I'm saying is it's not impossible we'd get more for him. There are teams out there that would pay that for him, especially right now.

@Jon: Agree.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2012 22:36 by Mad Jens.

09 May, 2012 22:38
Quote:
jon_sammels_lovechild
IF he ever gets fully fit and plays regularly then Diaby will be on a par with Yaya Toure. He would be totally beyond our budget in the transfer market. That’s why, quite rightly, Wenger has been so patient with him.

true story

The future is now!!!!!!!

carld1989 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 23:32
i think diaby's day is done. i cant see him over a season in arsenal colours witout being injured.

tigerline (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 23:35
I really think that it is likely that diaby has been compromised anatomically by his injury and repeated healings such that his legs and back are fighting to compensate and will never function seamlessly again.

he is likely to have repeated strains and pulls as long as he plays, in addition to recurring joint issues.

09 May, 2012 23:36
buy spectacles

The future is now!!!!!!!

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
09 May, 2012 23:44
The only club that Diaby is interested in is PSG, who can also offer to pay his salary.

Wait for PSG to tbale a bid..if they are interested.

Ares (IP Logged)
10 May, 2012 00:01
Quote:
Padre Pio
Why would someone pay that for his sick bill and hospital fees?
Yes what happened to Diaby was terrible but do you think someone else will take up expense at £4million?

How much did we get for Eduardo da Silva?

Padre Pio (IP Logged)
10 May, 2012 06:43
Yes but Eddy could play more than 73 minutes football a season after he recovered

Philly the kid (IP Logged)
10 May, 2012 08:30
As I said earlier. This is our longest serving players FIRST FULL Season with us.
Wenger is too stubborn to sell talent. Unless the Doctors say he's done for, in which case he'll probably retire anyway.

stub20000 (IP Logged)
10 May, 2012 10:11
Quote:
gooney
I read his blog and the guy is a moon, he thinks we can get 8 million for vela....I dont know where these kind of people live

daniel levy in disguise?

Peter Storey (IP Logged)
10 May, 2012 12:50
Where the f.uck on this God given earth would you find........ an idiot football manager and chairman who are both deaf, dumb and blind!

[farm5.static.flickr.com]

Baby I was born to MOAN

Shane (IP Logged)
10 May, 2012 13:55
Diaby isn't going anywhere, he'll either sort his problems out with us or he'll retire with us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net