Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Eddie, Spoof think everything is alright with AW, the team, the boards stadium investment, selling short the fans!
Posted by: Peter Storey (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 18:33

Huddled together, they wondered why the car was getting bigger, then it hit them!

[farm5.static.flickr.com]

Baby I was born to MOAN

Re: Eddie, Spoof think everything is alright with AW, the team, the boards stadium investment, selling short the fans!
Posted by: eduardo (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 20:07

peter I will answer each of your list

Arsene Wenger
if you opened yours eyes pete you would know that I have clearly stated things are not right with wenger's managerial reign, not only in recent years, but even in his successful seasons, he has always under acheieved with his Arsenal teams,
And I clearly blamed AW for the mess end of last season, the mess last summer, the mess early season, the mess jan window. He is at fault for the squad we have, the tactics we use, the wages we pay and who gets what(self sustaining only means the club want wages to be somewhere between 50 and 60% of turnover, its wenger who wastes much wages on having over 70 players - about 20 too many - its wenger who wants the mid-earners close to the top earners, - its wenger who sticks by his heirarchy of selection

The Team
I have never stated everything is alright with the team, but I can understand why a numpthy like you would confuse someone saying things are not as bad as some make out, with that meaning they are saying everything is alright. Heirarchy of selection, a total belief in the teams tactics and carrying injured players in the squad are major problems, also it seems AW can not keep the squad motivated.

The Boards stadium investment
the one thing that everything is alright with, fantastic stadium

Selling short the fans
As stated many times, its my view Wenger has underachieved, and should have won a couple of trophies in the last seven years, so yes he has sold the fans short
The board has sold the fans short with their 6.5% ticket price increase, again something I have been very critical of, but as long as demand outweighs supply then this is the sort of thing that goes on in life.

One point other than your list, going on recent comments from Wenger and Usmanov, even if AU gets on the board, things will not change, wenger made it clear he is open to Usmanov getting on the board - as long as he don't intrude on football side of things - and usmanov has stated he things AW is a genius of a football manager - so not sounding like he would look to change AW approach if he comes on board.

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Re: Eddie, Spoof think everything is alright with AW, the team, the boards stadium investment, selling short the fans!
Posted by: Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 22:59

dude i dont even understand what you are rambling on about half the time

whoever let you infront of the computer at the nursing home you are at should be sacked

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/jack-wilshere-goal-vs-marseille-a.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Posted by: RadioFreeArsenal (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 23:01

You Stay Classy Jack

Posted by: Ares (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 23:03

eduardo.. your post needs more stats and links to people who've written something interesting on their blog

Posted by: eduardo (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2012 23:14

yeah ares it probably does, would be no problem to add it if I wanted to, now if you had asked for something interesting or worthwhile you had posted to be added, then that would be an entirely different story,

maybe I should copy the style of most of your posts, you know the childish angle(Sm100)

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Posted by: Peter Storey (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2012 07:58

Quote:
eduardo
peter I will answer each of your list
Arsene Wenger
if you opened yours eyes pete you would know that I have clearly stated things are not right with wenger's managerial reign, not only in recent years, but even in his successful seasons, he has always under acheieved with his Arsenal teams,
And I clearly blamed AW for the mess end of last season, the mess last summer, the mess early season, the mess jan window. He is at fault for the squad we have, the tactics we use, the wages we pay and who gets what(self sustaining only means the club want wages to be somewhere between 50 and 60% of turnover, its wenger who wastes much wages on having over 70 players - about 20 too many - its wenger who wants the mid-earners close to the top earners, - its wenger who sticks by his heirarchy of selection

The Team
I have never stated everything is alright with the team, but I can understand why a numpthy like you would confuse someone saying things are not as bad as some make out, with that meaning they are saying everything is alright. Heirarchy of selection, a total belief in the teams tactics and carrying injured players in the squad are major problems, also it seems AW can not keep the squad motivated.

The Boards stadium investment
the one thing that everything is alright with, fantastic stadium

Selling short the fans
As stated many times, its my view Wenger has underachieved, and should have won a couple of trophies in the last seven years, so yes he has sold the fans short
The board has sold the fans short with their 6.5% ticket price increase, again something I have been very critical of, but as long as demand outweighs supply then this is the sort of thing that goes on in life.

One point other than your list, going on recent comments from Wenger and Usmanov, even if AU gets on the board, things will not change, wenger made it clear he is open to Usmanov getting on the board - as long as he don't intrude on football side of things - and usmanov has stated he things AW is a genius of a football manager - so not sounding like he would look to change AW approach if he comes on board.

So apart from the Emirates Stadium being a complete success, your basically not happy with AW management, team performance and selling fans short. I guess that makes you a JUlie, Tom and a Troll? Welcome to sanity camp brother!

[farm5.static.flickr.com]

Baby I was born to MOAN

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net