football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Poll: Ramsey. Get Rid.
Ares (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 12:43

No fence sitting

Yes.
No.
My name is Edward.

You must be logged in to vote.

20 Votes

Show results

And please no talk of potential.

If you need to think about potential before you give your answer..

just click yes

Re: Poll: Ramsey. Get Rid.
gooney (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 12:46
not yet....wenger needs to kill his confidence for good before he leaves like he did to denilson

VIP (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 12:48
I was a big supporter of him early on in the season, thinking he would flourish as we progressed.

unfortunately he has not developed at all, maybe evemn regressed.

bye bye rambo.

he has potential. my name is eduard

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/702/att6ne3rry3.gif

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 12:48
YES!!!

I ever love DENILSON to replace him!

SuperRob (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 12:50
why no talk of potential? If thats the case then we shouldn't bother with anyone under 23 who isn't already in the first team and playing fantastically.

If you're talkning about a young player, then the most relevant criteria is how much potential they have.

so on the basis that none of them have consistently been really good in the first team yet, we should get rid of Ramsey, ox, diaby, miquel, copuelin, frimpong, miyaichi, jenkinson, gibbs etc.

Gööfle11 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 12:51
I would sell him to be honest, We have far too many average players. Bring back Denilson and play Coquelin ahead of him.

Official 1000th poster in the classic transfer rumors thread of 2014.

BIGSNOOP (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 12:54
I'd rather get rid of Wenger if I'm honest

zombiez (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 13:12
Very poor. what ave he done to deserve a starting place. The team will suffer.

karl16 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 13:43
When players on the bench can do a better job, you have to cut him off just to stop the love affair with Wenger.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 13:44
Quote:
BIGSNOOP
I'd rather get rid of Wenger if I'm honest

this

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 13:47
Let's face it.
Ramsey is just an above-average British player, overhyped and not suitbale for our swift counter-attacking game like Gervinho, Coquelin and Rosicky.

Big Guhnz (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 13:47
needs to go out on loan

but i wouldnt sell him

ArsenalForever (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 14:01
wenger will have to pass on his letter of resignation if ramsey starts against wba

SuperRob (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 14:02
Quote:
Merlion96
Let's face it.
Ramsey is just an above-average British player, overhyped and not suitbale for our swift counter-attacking game like Gervinho, Coquelin and Rosicky.

how do you know? there was that whole thread about how a players peak is in the late 20's and we're writing off players who have played 1 season or less in the first team at an age that is way too young.

Seriously you guys need to get a grip. The trouble is that since we put all this emphasis on youth (coinciding with when we stopped winning anything) we expect players to be world beaters by the time they are 21 which, if you look at pretty much every successful team, isn't the case. Successful teams can get away with having young (18-22) players on the fringe but not as the spine of the team playing in the crucial positions all the time.

8 years ago, ramsey wouldn't have got a game this season except in the carling cup and maybe fa cup. But in this era, he's expected to be in one of the most important positions on the pitch for a whole season with little or no alternative? Who's fault is that for this massive squad mismanagement?

And it's not just that one position that has been mis-managed. The arteta thing is frankly an embarrasing shambles. That we rely so heavily on a last minute panic buy? The fact that there isn't a defensive midfielder in the squad? how do we expect to control the midfield with no physical prescence? that the defence can't play as a team, partly because it has no cover from the midfield and partly because they don't seem to be coached. That there is no one who can score apart from rvp and thank god that for the first time in his whole career he has managed to stay fit and hasn't really ever lost form. Imagine where we'd be if he hadn't. How lucky can you get? And that most of the time, the wingers have no end product and are so inconsistent. Some of them can't even control the ball.

Wenger has been incredibly lucky that rvp, arteta and kos have been incredible individually this season because take out any one of those three and everything falls apart.

zombiez (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 14:06
I would have start coquelin ahead of him in midfield.

RadioFreeArsenal (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 14:08
I voted yes though if we had our 1998-2005 policy in place and he was in his proper place on a squad seriously contending for better than third or fourth at best I could keep him.

that is the real problem. Our policy from 2005 on has left of bereft of talent and more critcally depth of talent for too long. I said back in 2005 that if you are playing for fourth sooner or later you will come up short. Thankfully that has not happened yet.

But with just aa bit more investment as opposed to the profit hoarding if not done by the Board's and owners's choice than certainly with their happy approval we would not have to continually underperformers like Ramsey, or Gibbs or Djourou, or Chamakh, just we did Denilson(are you high Gooney), Bendtner, Senderos, Almunia, Squillaci, Silvestre, and Vela(nice player just clearly not for the Premiership) all inadequate players who we simply had to count on in too many big moments than and now and who wouild never have featured this much at Arsenal if they were even brought to Arsenal before 2005

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 14:10
SImple, I watched the whle season.

Ramsey is not suitable for the kind of football that Wenger is creating for his TEAM.

Ramsey will thrive at ManLeeds and Liverpool where they play direct and quick passes after one or two touches.

He simply did not fit into existing setup and will not have a game when Arteta, ROsicky, WIlshere and even OX when they are fit.

Can you see Ramsey getting ahead of 'em?

Nope, Ramsey will go the way of overpriced British players..Jeffers, Richard Wright, Pennant, ..and our homegrown in Sidwell, Bentley, LArsson, Muamba, Mark Randall, JET..and perhaps Lansbury as well.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 14:18
Quote:
RadioFreeArsenal
I voted yes though if we had our 1998-2005 policy in place and he was in his proper place on a squad seriously contending for better than third or fourth at best I could keep him.
that is the real problem. Our policy from 2005 on has left of bereft of talent and more critcally depth of talent for too long. I said back in 2005 that if you are playing for fourth sooner or later you will come up short. Thankfully that has not happened yet.

But with just aa bit more investment as opposed to the profit hoarding if not done by the Board's and owners's choice than certainly with their happy approval we would not have to continually underperformers like Ramsey, or Gibbs or Djourou, or Chamakh, just we did Denilson(are you high Gooney), Bendtner, Senderos, Almunia, Squillaci, Silvestre, and Vela(nice player just clearly not for the Premiership) all inadequate players who we simply had to count on in too many big moments than and now and who wouild never have featured this much at Arsenal if they were even brought to Arsenal before 2005

No you are wrong, they would have been bit part players when they were young and they would have been able to learn from seasoned pros. Then the best of them would have been breaking in when they were ready, not when they were needed because there was no one else. If players like ramsey, bendtner, vela, denilson, theo etc had had time and space to learn and grow, from players like henry, vieira, bergkamp, pires etc, they would have been much better players when they broke into the first team for the first time at 21 rather than 17 or 18. Some wouldn't have made it but I think most of the players I've mentioned would have.

Do you think its a coincidence that most of the players we've bought in young (16-19), since we sold all our experienced winners have been failures? Who hasn't? Wilshere? And Cesc. That's it. 2 players whose talent would have come through regardless of what club they were playing for.

The youth project has failed and I hope wenger realises and spends big on experience that these kids can learn from. He's ruining their chance of being world class players.

SuperRob (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 14:23
Quote:
Merlion96
SImple, I watched the whle season.
Ramsey is not suitable for the kind of football that Wenger is creating for his TEAM.

Ramsey will thrive at ManLeeds and Liverpool where they play direct and quick passes after one or two touches.

He simply did not fit into existing setup and will not have a game when Arteta, ROsicky, WIlshere and even OX when they are fit.

Can you see Ramsey getting ahead of 'em?

Nope, Ramsey will go the way of overpriced British players..Jeffers, Richard Wright, Pennant, ..and our homegrown in Sidwell, Bentley, LArsson, Muamba, Mark Randall, JET..and perhaps Lansbury as well.

ramsey fitted in fine before his injury. My point was, when he's 25, we can talk. And frankly i haven't seen much of this one and two touch football that we are meant to be playing. Not this season. For most of it, we have been boring in possession with lots of crossing from the full backs because we lack ideas and lots of great individual goals from rvp. There have been maybe, 2 or 3 goals scored this season that involved good fast build up play through midfield, even when that midfield was song, arteta and rosicky.

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 14:25
Truth, when during that period, Cesc was the most visible "experienced" player with Van Persie a regular at COlney Medical Centre.

But we have ROsicky and Arteta..including Yossi.

The key point is:
Is Ramsey suitbale for the kind of fast-pace and closed control game, plus quick decision-making in the kind of swift counter-attacking game we are playing today?

I doubt it as he has no pace, slow in decision-making and still struggling to gell with team-mates.

We have too many drones in Bendtner, Vela, Denilson, et al and even the likes of JET and Lansbury that can't seem to devleop form vastly potential youngsters into worldclass players.

Wenger at fault then?

holzini (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 14:28
it idioticy to play ramsey as everone with 2 working eyes could easy see

but its a shame to think we should start him week in week out

gooney (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 14:36
This will only make wenger more determined to play him. He did this to denilson and when he completely killed his confidence, he tossed him away. Ramsey needs to move on if he wants to save his career, because he is not good enough and is a crowd target now

Merlion96 (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 14:48
Agreed.

He needs to move away to Swansea, Reading, SOuthampton, Norwich, Bolton and even WIgan to devleop.

Certianly not at Arsenal where the boo-boys had their knives out and if Tiny Totts pipped us to 3rd..guess who is the fall-guy?

Let's hope Villa and FUlham can get a result against Tiny Totts.

One thing we are pretty sure, Abu Dhabi CIty is goign to St James PArk on SUnday to win the title..

I am not sure what I want now.
Those French sewer rats to win f**k-all this season or we miss out on Top-4.

I am totally lack belief that this bunch of french poodles, bottlers and pretty boys will get something at WBA. I am predicting a draw or a loss.

Ares (IP Logged)
05 May, 2012 14:58
Merlion.. why would Swansea and Norwich Sunderland WBA etc want to weaken themselves in centre midfield?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net