football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Blame Twitchy: Spurs players blame saggy face for late season slump
eduardo (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 23:06
from the mirror

Blame Harry: Tottenham player says their late-season slump is boss Redknapp's fault

Manager is accused of tiring his players out by sticking with the same team too much and not rotating his squad

Fall guy: Redknapp's "tired" Spurs are sliding down the table Tottenham defender Vedran Corluka has blamed manager Harry Redknapp has been blamed for the club’s “failing” season.

The right-back, who is out on loan at German club Bayer Leverkusen, believes Spurs will finish in sixth place after spending much of the season lying third, and has pointed the finger at Redknapp for not rotating the team enough.

Spurs have won just three of their last 14 Premier League games, amid talk that the FA want Redknapp to take over as England manager.

Their current slump is in sharp contrast to their form in the first half of the season, when the club was in contention for the title.

Corluka said: “I wouldn’t be surprised if they finished sixth.

"[Redknapp] didn’t rotate enough. That’s the main problem.

“I watched almost every Spurs game and they played them all with the same 11, 12, 13 players, and that’s why the players now are really tired.”

In 49 games over four different competitions this season, 10 Tottenham players have made more than 30 appearances. Defender Kyle Walker has played the most games - 43.

Spurs must beat Blackburn on Sunday to keep their hopes of a top-four finish alive.

From sitting third and leading bitter north London rivals Arsenal by 13 points at one stage, Spurs are now six points behind the Gunners in fifth.

They are also three points behind fourth-placed Newcastle and just a point in front of sixth-placed Chelsea.

And even if Spurs finish fourth, it may still not be enough to get them into the Champions League if Chelsea beat Bayern Munich in next month's final.

Corluka believes that could put Redknapp under pressure with chairman Daniel Levy, if the FA do not poach him.

“Tottenham, for me, had one of the best teams in England and of course it will be an unsuccessful season if they don’t go to the Champions League," said the Croatian.

“I don’t know what the chairman will do if they don’t qualify. I know only that it will be an unsuccessful season.”

Asked if missing out on a Champions League place would be considered failure, Corluka added: “Yes, especially because three months before they were in the title race challenging City and United.

“Now they are three points behind fourth spot. They are fifth, and it’s going to be really difficult for them.”

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/04/2012 23:11 by eduardo.

Re: Blame Twitchy: Spurs player blame saggy face for late season slump
PKGooner (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 23:07
Adebayor's training ground rift with them made me grinning smiley

Ah how the vermin were eating turds out of his @ r s e earlier on in the season. Serves them right! Just a shame the fall out didn't happen after he'd signed on permanently grinning smiley

Like our resident yid likes to say, the meat is well and truly off.

Re: Blame Twitchy: Spurs player blame saggy face for late season slump
eduardo (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 23:10
[:wor kid:]

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Re: Blame Twitchy: Spurs players blame saggy face for late season slump
PKGooner (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 23:13
Got e-mailed this:

grinning smileygrinning smiley

http://angryofislington.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/redknapp-1987005.jpg?w=584&h=882

eduardo (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 23:14
(Sm126)

De Times (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 06:59
Familiar story with arsenal over the past 7 years, only that in our case, it is injuries that prevent us from rotating. We wouldve won the title last season with a more rotated squad, but injury to many players ensured we persisted with the same eleven untill they got burnt out.
I'd always knew tottenham wouldnt finish the season strongly, and was being laughed at on this board when i said i'd prefer our 5th position where players are returning from injuries to their 3rd position where most of there key players are already in the red.
Those who deny that too much injury hasnt been a factor in our trophiless season hasnt been sincere to themselves.

Peter Storey (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 08:19
Quote:
De Times
Familiar story with arsenal over the past 7 years, only that in our case, it is injuries that prevent us from rotating. We wouldve won the title last season with a more rotated squad, but injury to many players ensured we persisted with the same eleven untill they got burnt out.
I'd always knew tottenham wouldnt finish the season strongly, and was being laughed at on this board when i said i'd prefer our 5th position where players are returning from injuries to their 3rd position where most of there key players are already in the red.
Those who deny that too much injury hasnt been a factor in our trophiless season hasnt been sincere to themselves.

F.uck off ya daft @#$%&... I dont consider injuries to Ramsey, Rosicky, Walcott and Diaby a hindrance to winning silverware. Mutton-f.ucker!

[farm5.static.flickr.com]

Baby I was born to MOAN

karsene16 (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 08:31
Redknapp done a O'neil everything was fine for them first half of the season, then players started being played out of position and all sorts in january. When villa were nearly in the top4, o'neil moved from a 4-3-3 to a 4-4-2 when he bought Heskey in january. Over confidence in players abilities, if they're playing well it's because they have a system that works.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/karsene/wilshere.jpg?t=1376646952

PKGooner (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 16:04
Quote:
Peter Storey
Quote:
De Times

F.uck off ya daft @#$%&... I dont consider injuries to Ramsey, Rosicky, Walcott and Diaby a hindrance to winning silverware. Mutton-f.ucker!

Twitchy telling Adebayor he's not been working hard enough no sh-t you saggy faced pr-ck!! Should've thought of that before bringing him in!! (Sm22)

Shane (IP Logged)
27 April, 2012 16:34
I love abit of discontent in the Tottenham camp.

eduardo (IP Logged)
28 April, 2012 02:34
from the mirror

Harry: 'I wanted Tevez and Cahill...but got Saha and Nelsen'

Spurs boss reveals it was his 'dream' to bring the rebel Argentine striker to White Hart Lane

Unhappy Harry: Spurs boss admits the club couldn't afford Carlos Tevez's wages Harry Redknapp has revealed Tottenham tried to sign Carlos Tevez in the January transfer window.

Redknapp also confirmed the club were outbid by Champions League and FA Cup finalists Chelsea in the race for England defender Gary Cahill.

In came Everton striker Louis Saha and Blackburn defender Ryan Nelsen instead.

Redknapp believes Tevez – out of favour with Manchester City at the time – would have added bite to Spurs’ bid to nail down Champions League football next season.

He asked chairman Daniel Levy to open talks with City, but Spurs were unable to afford Tevez and have looked on from afar as the Argentina striker has dragged City back into the title race.

Defending his own position before tomorrow’s game with Blackburn, Redknapp revealed: “I said to the chairman ‘Can you get me Carlos Tevez?’ That’s what I said in January. ‘Can we get Tevez?’ It wasn’t possible, but that was my dream.

“Daniel would have loved Tevez, but it wasn’t do-able because his wages are whatever they are – £200,000 a week. It was not possible at Tottenham to buy him.

“We tried to get Gary Cahill, but Chelsea came in and paid him a lot more wages than we could, so we lost him. With Tevez, it was me thinking ‘He’s not in the team, he’s fallen out with Mancini’. You don’t know, do you, unless you ask. It was just a little try.

“Tevez is a fantastic player, ­whatever you think of what he has done off the pitch. When he puts a shirt on he doesn’t stop running, working. He’s enthusiastic, he can play and he can score goals.

“He’s fantastic. He’s never tired because he’s had four months playing golf, so he wouldn’t have asked for a rest.” Stung by criticism from defender Vedran Corluka, loaned out to Bayer Leverkusen, that he does not rotate players enough, Redknapp snapped: “Frank Lampard has played something like 200 consecutive games, hasn’t he?

“I don’t see him talking about being rotated.

“Ashley Cole has been playing 47, 48 games this year. Wayne Rooney has played well into the 40s. They are not being rotated. Patrice Evra has played 45 games this year so it’s a load of nonsense. It’s an excuse.

“People judge you. We have been around in football long enough to know it’s a fickle game.

“You lose a couple of games and you’re a mug, you win a couple of games and you’re a genius. I’m just the same person I was six months ago, three months ago.

“I haven’t done anything different with the players, ­training is the same, I talk to them the same, they eat the same food, they come in at the same time.

“The team has changed because I lost a few players, other than that nothing has changed.”

eduardo (IP Logged)
28 April, 2012 02:36
thats it twitchy belittle two of your players, way to improve team harmony

Flava (IP Logged)
28 April, 2012 11:01
The title should read player and not players.

Their form is tremendous. Let's hope good Blackburn turn up and get something today. And let's hope good Arsenal go to Stoke and get something. I don't want gayandproud on here later crowing.

PKGooner (IP Logged)
28 April, 2012 12:06
Twitchy really thought they could afford Tevez? When theyre struggling to pay Adebayor's wages despite City paying half?

PKGooner (IP Logged)
28 April, 2012 12:34
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17879753

Seems like monkey boy is about to do a runner

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net