Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Guardiola to quit...
Posted by: gunnersingh (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2012 18:02

Barcelona at the end of the season, according to SSN!

Re: Guardiola to quit...
Posted by: BIGSNOOP (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2012 18:07

Yep he gonna take a year off, Wengers got one more year(Sm1)

Posted by: Gunners R Us (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2012 18:14

Wenger/ ferguson to win champions league at wembley next year, retire, then pep to take over.

Heard it from me first.

Posted by: karsene16 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2012 19:25

I literally don't respect the bloke as a manager, if he does well with another team, then i'll have to stand corrected.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/karsene/wilshere.jpg?t=1376646952

Posted by: BIGSNOOP (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2012 19:57

Quote:
karsene16
I literally don't respect the bloke as a manager, if he does well with another team, then i'll have to stand corrected.
are you talking about wenger or guardila?

Posted by: Kalela (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2012 20:22

Quote:
karsene16

Same here.

Memphis Depay
[br]
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2014/04/22/c52e3b3c3acc5f75f74c10da7a3c7263.gif?1398181780

Posted by: gooney (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2012 20:24

I dont think arsenal is right for him.....we need a more experienced and smarter manager.. Arsenal is not barca, he eneds to build a squad here, rather than have world class squad already

Posted by: PKGooner (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2012 20:34

Quote:
karsene16

Ha

Posted by: eduardo (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2012 20:40

that's pat rice's replacement sorted then

*Signing Ozil is a signing Bergkamp type moment for Arsenal. It changes things utterly.*

Date: 26 April, 2012 21:39

Give us Messi and see what we can do.

Posted by: tigerline (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2012 21:47

Perhaps cesc will put in a good word for his old boss to replace Pep?

Hope Springs Eternal!

Posted by: RadioFreeArsenal (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2012 21:51

He is not got to ber at Arsenal because we will not give him the money to compete. Period. Unless he just sjows up for a nig pay packey yo go trophyless.

If we were to radically change our spending philosophy and I mean radically it would be possible.But if he wants to win things they are several other Endlish and European Clubs that he would consider ahead of Arsenal. That is just reality.

Date: 26 April, 2012 22:33

Quote:
karsene16

At the very least he'd still have the squad, that has won everything there is to be won in football, domestically and internationally, up for every single game and put in 100% effort and show top top class work ethic despite any ego's.

Something our esteemed manager can't seem to manage anymore.

Date: 26 April, 2012 22:42

First season there he spent 90mil while already having Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, what's Arsenal going to give him?

Date: 26 April, 2012 23:04

Quote:
karsene16
First season there he spent 90mil while already having Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, what's Arsenal going to give him?

Yes he spent money and inherited a good team, but that doesn't mean automatic success, at all. Madrid have spent more, and how many managers have they had? Look at them during the Galactico years. All of their recent managers, despite inheriting an excellent team and having shedloads to spend failed to get the better of Guardiola, including Mourinho really, who finally after about twenty go's managed a decent result, and Madrid for all their spending have got naff all to show for it compared to Barcelona.

I really don't get it when people don't rate Guardiola. It was pretty much the same team under Frank Rijkaard before Pep took over; a team he unbelievably transformed into a remarkable side time with quality work ethic, like I said before hes got players who've won everything there is to be won
still hounding the opposition trying to win the ball back; EVERY player on their team does it. To motivate the players and have them up for EVERY SINGLE game is truly remarkable, keeping the players level headed and ensuring they go out and give their own every single time is astonishing. Compare that to Wenger, who some of our deludeds claim (not saying you) is the best manager in the world, can't get us up for any big games, never mind big any "small games, QPR, Wigan, Fulham

Just like Roman does for Chelsea a lot of the time the directors get the players they want and the manager is stuck with them.

EVERY single player under Rijkaard improved tenfold under Guardiola, which is why Spain are doing well too. Especially playing Xavi and Iniesta together which they previously thought couldn't happen. How well did Guardiola do, being a complete rookie and nobody, by shifting out big name players like Guily, Deco and Ronaldinho despite them being their best players? For a complete nobody like Guardiola to suddenly become manager, for one of the biggest clubs in the world, under all that pressure, especially being a local boy and totally unknown, to completely transform that team and introduce a fabulous playing style which has seen them dominate every single team they've come across in every competition, resultantly winning every club trophy there is to win, more than once, in 3-4 years and being probably the best club side ever.

But he's a rubbish manager eh (Sm12), to not rate him is lunacy grinning smiley

If Mancini gets sacked this summer, can the new manager, who'd inherit a quality team, and have an unlimited chequebook turn City overnight into the best club side ever? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/04/2012 23:05 by PKGooner.

Posted by: SandyB (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2012 03:15

Quote:
For a complete nobody like Guardiola to suddenly become manager, for one of the biggest clubs in the world, under all that pressure, especially being a local boy and totally unknown, to completely transform that team and introduce a fabulous playing style which has seen them dominate every single team they've come across in every competition, resultantly winning every club trophy there is to win, more than once, in 3-4 years and being probably the best club side ever.

PK, all signs of next Guardiola is in De Matteo? (Sm100)

Posted by: mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2012 03:54

Quote:
karsene16

Wenger might decide to convert him into a world class defender.

Posted by: De Times (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2012 07:44

Guardiala should just stay put, in order not to get found out. He's been a very successful manager, thanks to an unbelievable youth team created by cruff. He's still very naive in the market and doesnt really know how to get the best out of new players. Take messi out of his team and you're left with the most unproductive team in history.

Posted by: hippogunner (IP Logged)
Date: 27 April, 2012 07:59

Take RVP out of our team and where do you think we'd be?

I must admit though that Barca's football bores me rigid. It seems that Wenger tries to replicate it with over-passing and loads of possession with very little end result.

And that's a stupid thing to do because a) we don't have good enough players and b) we don't press sides when they have the ball.

Our team lacks a work ethic.

Still I'd accept boredom if it meant we had won as many trophies as Barca have in recent years.

Date: 27 April, 2012 08:22

Quote:
PKGooner

But he's a rubbish manager eh (Sm12), to not rate him is lunacy grinning smiley

don't get me wrong, he's done a good job but it wouldn't surprise me if Stoichkov came in was given money and achieved just as much.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListLog In
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net