football
Latest News:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Ashley Cole
gunnersingh (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 21:51
Put in one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen. As much as we dislike him; He deserves big praise tonight.

Re: Ashley Cole
Jack_is_the_truth (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 21:52
deserves praise from who

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/jack-wilshere-goal-vs-marseille-a.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 21:53
Praise is best served on your knees, and I've heard Ashley's a real mouthful. Get after it, GS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/04/2012 21:53 by Mad Jens.

hippogunner (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 21:53
The guy's a greedy sh*t. I hope he fuc*ing gets sent off in the final.

Xeon32 (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 21:58
Are you serious?

I saw 9 defenders shamelessly parking the bus.

karsene16 (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 21:58
they must feel terrible

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/karsene/wilshere.jpg?t=1376646952

24 April, 2012 21:59
Quote:
Mad Jens
Praise is best served on your knees, and I've heard Ashley's a real mouthful. Get after it, GS.

(Sm22)

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/jack-wilshere-goal-vs-marseille-a.gif http://164.177.157.12/img/teams/13.png
The future is now!!!!!!!

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 22:06
Jens, I'll leave that to you as you like b ollocks, you talk enough of it!

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 22:09
Burned! Haha, get back to a Chelsea forum ya mug.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 22:11
Haha.

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 23:24
Quote:
Mad Jens
Burned! Haha, get back to a Chelsea forum ya mug.

You sound like a Chav with words like 'ya mug,' so maybe you should go to some Chelsea forum!

Re: Ashley Colehttp://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/list/s378.htm?721
weedz (IP Logged)
24 April, 2012 23:44
Pretty football with no end product, where have I heard that before?

Arsenal are going to win a BIG trophy this season.
Mrs Weedz told me

thetruthiselated (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 00:31
With Madrid winning on Saturday against the s,cum - and now the s,cum getting kicked out of Europe I feel so much love its: I can't describe the feeling. I hate Barcelona so much, and to see these cnuts have their asses handed to them twice in four days, tears of joy a trickle down my cheeks.

There is no way I'll sleep tonight. I'll just keep replaying Barca's faces when Torres scored, over and over again.

Now, if Jose wins tomorrow and gets to the final - what a week!!!!!!

Billythekid (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 01:18
Is a @#$%& ass'ole...

Ares (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 01:19
Quote:
hippogunner
The guy's a greedy sh*t. I hope he fuc*ing gets sent off in the final.

I wouldn't say Ashley Cole is greedy.

I'd say he was very naive very stupid

taking career advice from Cheryl who was taking advice on life and relationships from Simon Cowell

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 02:17
GS, don't go down this road again with me. You know how it ends and you always manage to embarrass yourself more than I ever could.

Ashley Cole is a c.unt.

End of. Close thread. See ya later.

litmus (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 04:46
Even if Ashley Cole develops superpowers and save the whole planet from asteroids, he still doesn't deserve any praise. Its more than acceptable for True Arsenal fans to still hate and boo him for the way he went about leaving us.

A lot of players left us, Cesc, Henry, Nasri, but Cole made the club that developed him and give him his chance sound like we were the worst club in the world, constantly putting pressure on the club to transfer him.

Speak about biting the hands that feed you! even when he was not fully ready, AW even put a young Cole ahead of Silvinho, who was more than a decent left back as he believed in him.

karsene16 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 09:31
He wanted 5,000 more and wanted to be respected like Henry was at the time - a cry baby.

Other players left for no reason. Really don't care what he does with his life.

no1 gazza fan (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 09:44
Quote:
litmus
Even if Ashley Cole develops superpowers and save the whole planet from asteroids, he still doesn't deserve any praise. Its more than acceptable for True Arsenal fans to still hate and boo him for the way he went about leaving us.
A lot of players left us, Cesc, Henry, Nasri, but Cole made the club that developed him and give him his chance sound like we were the worst club in the world, constantly putting pressure on the club to transfer him.

Speak about biting the hands that feed you! even when he was not fully ready, AW even put a young Cole ahead of Silvinho, who was more than a decent left back as he believed in him.

he wanted to win trophies, much like Sol Campbell, and if he wins the CL at Chelsea he's got pretty much a full set hasn't he ?

I suppose for both of them money might have played a small part .....

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/no1gazzafan/VDVmegs.gif

no, put your wallet away Jack, that was too easy

De Times (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 09:49
He wasnt superb lastnite, he had nothing to do against a mediocre player. How pep left that player on for so long and later replaced him with another rokie when there was a proven worldcup winner in pedro on the bench is beyond me.

25 April, 2012 10:27
Quote:
Mad Jens
GS, don't go down this road again with me. You know how it ends and you always manage to embarrass yourself more than I ever could.

fair warning

The future is now!!!!!!!

25 April, 2012 10:45
Quote:
Mad Jens
Ashley Cole is a c.unt.

End of. Close thread. See ya later.

Show GS some respect and stop being such a dickhead. Its his thread and a good one, you're the one s,hitting on it and trying to wind him up. You're a p,rick.

Why should he close it? People here are enjoying it and its getting plenty of comments. Just u being a total douchebag.

You're not a nice person, you're trying to upset him on purpose. So why don't you f,uck off back under your rock.

GS: ignore this piece of s,hit - he's trying to wind u up, mate.

The problem is people can't forget Cole's Judas act - it was low - but it doesn't take away the fact that when Cole is on his game he is the best LB on the planet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/04/2012 10:46 by thetruthiselated.

25 April, 2012 10:53
Quote:
Jack_is_the_truth
Quote:
Mad Jens

fair warning

And u f,uck off as well. Feel good does it ganging up GS with your boyfriend Mad Twa,t - u don't like it when I give u a hard time, so back under your rock with Jenny.

Philly the kid (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 10:55
Now I've seen everything.
The local troll judging on who's a good person!!!
(Sm6)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/04/2012 11:15 by Philly the kid.

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 12:06
Re: Ashley Cole new
Posted by: Mad Jens (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2012 02:17

All I want to do is talk football. Your the one who wants to get personal. I don't know why you're trying to act the victim when you started it. Your football knowledge is inferior to mine, so you insulted me. Then you moved on to Grammar; I schooled you there too.

You're the one who should be embarrassed.

Mr. Clock End (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 12:55
Quote:
he wanted to win trophies, much like Sol Campbell, and if he wins the CL at Chelsea he's got pretty much a full set hasn't he ?
I suppose for both of them money might have played a small part .....

Slightly different, Cashley met mourinho in a hotel room when ARSENAL were the CHAMPIONS and in a 49 game unbeaten run. Cashley played in the CL final with arsenal and played etoo onside when lehmann took him out and got a red. Could have been very different had he not made that lapse. Cashley did not leave for trophies, he stated in his own autobiography that arsenal wouldn't pay him so the the poor b*stard almost swerved his bentley off the road.

When sol left the lane, there really was no comparison.

As a footballer cashley is amazing, a great defender. But he is a c*nt. I hope he loses both finals.

Shane (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 12:56
Quote:
gunnersingh
Put in one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen. As much as we dislike him; He deserves big praise tonight.

What's wrong with saying this? It's right, anyone who says otherwise didn't watch the match. If anyone else had said it you's wouldn't be so quick to launch unprovoked attacks.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 13:55
What's wrong is you don't praise one of the biggest pric.ks in our teams history, regardless of how he played.

And most of their defense (what was left of it) played well. He posts about Cole for the same reason he posts about our entire squad needing to be sold, he enjoys being miserable.

Storey runs around calling people cun.ts and you feel the need to post some silly defense thread for him (bunch of meanies!), maybe you should have saved it for this kid. He needs it more.

25 April, 2012 14:10
Quote:
Mad Jens
What's wrong is you don't praise one of the biggest pric.ks in our teams history, regardless of how he played.
And most of their defense (what was left of it) played well. He posts about Cole for the same reason he posts about our entire squad needing to be sold, he enjoys being miserable.

Storey runs around calling people cun.ts and you feel the need to post some silly defense thread for him (bunch of meanies!), maybe you should have saved it for this kid. He needs it more.

NO. Storey runs around calling people cnuts with no malice. He doesn't deride people like you're trying to wind up gunnersingh: who, I might add - has been on this forum a lot longer than you. If he wants to praise Cole, who the f,uck are you to say he can't? I thought Cole was great as well. Then your lover Jack_is_the_feltch decides to gang up with you -- and that is bullying, mate. Which, if your comfortable aligning yourself with a coward like that, go for it. But this is the same keyboard warrior cnut who was too scared to meet me face to face last year. He's a yellow snivelling rat who can only post insults safe behind his PC screen in his parents basement.

Now, talk football and quit @#$%&,ing off GS, he's entitled to his opinion same as you are.

And Philly, yes the local troll is judgeing as he hates bullies ganging up on other posters.

Shane (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 14:20
Quote:
Mad Jens

Nah you're just a d*ckhead who loves arguements mate. Two minutes after he started the thread you instigated a pointless back and forth, two minutes (Sm6)

And the idea that Arsenal fans are strictly forbidden from giving Ashley Cole credit is laughable, seriously, if you can't acknowledge that Ashley Cole is an outstanding left-back then you're far too blinkered to offer a valid opinion the subject.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/04/2012 14:21 by Shane1988.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 15:23
I'm not going out of my way to say it, you're damn right Shane. Don't know why that's so hard to understand.

GS and TTI, you're keeping good company these days. And they said the Adopt a Moron program would never take off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/04/2012 15:33 by Mad Jens.

karsene16 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 16:11
Miereles, Mikel obi and Lampard in front of the defence was outstanding, Mikel being the best.

Still think Torres is mental, the whole team are defending the leading with 2mins to go and he's own his own on the halfway line.

25 April, 2012 16:34
Quote:
karsene16
Miereles, Mikel obi and Lampard in front of the defence was outstanding, Mikel being the best.
Still think Torres is mental, the whole team are defending the leading with 2mins to go and he's own his own on the halfway line.

really ? The way that game had gone, by the time Barca had worked the ball back (with Torres sitting deep) it would have been 90 mins so if Barca had scored straight away, Chelsea would have had 2 min 30 to hang on

Within 5 mins of coming on Torres whilst in the left back position had played a Barca player onside which could have led to a goal

so sitting on the halfway line (even as an outlet to waste time rather than to score the 'winner') makes sense to me

what didn't make sense was the commentator creaming about Torres repaying his 50m fee with that goal, if he had stuck it in row z, Barca would have had 2 mins to score 2 goals
so not sure i'd say it was a 50m pound goal, blimey

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 16:46
Jens, your inadequacies are shining through. You're just a little bully with low self esteem.

The reason for your resentment towards me, is down to me not backing down to you. Other people might but I won't!

Because you're such a control freak. You want to control what people talk about. Well It's not your decision!

karsene16 (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 17:33
Quote:
no1 gazza fan
Quote:
karsene16

really ? The way that game had gone, by the time Barca had worked the ball back (with Torres sitting deep) it would have been 90 mins so if Barca had scored straight away, Chelsea would have had 2 min 30 to hang on

Within 5 mins of coming on Torres whilst in the left back position had played a Barca player onside which could have led to a goal

so sitting on the halfway line (even as an outlet to waste time rather than to score the 'winner') makes sense to me

what didn't make sense was the commentator creaming about Torres repaying his 50m fee with that goal, if he had stuck it in row z, Barca would have had 2 mins to score 2 goals

That's one way to view it but if you've spent over 30mins with a system that's stopping Barca from scoring, continue.

He was free because no one in the Barca side expected that.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 17:41
Quote:
gunnersingh
Jens, your inadequacies are shining through. You're just a little bully with low self esteem.
The reason for your resentment towards me, is down to me not backing down to you. Other people might but I won't!

Because you're such a control freak. You want to control what people talk about. Well It's not your decision!

However you have to spin it, pal. I honestly don't care much about what goes on here, it's fun when I'm bored but that's about it. Obviously it means more to some...

I'm not the one calling people racists because they swear (that was a nice pm, cheers), and I'm not the one posting about how we need to sell 90% of our squad while you give the biggest as.shole this club has ever produced a reach around.

I'm not trying to control what you post, far from it. Post away buddy ol' pal. But it's not my problem if you don't like the welcoming party, because I'll post what I want to, too.

Philly the kid (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 18:07
GS pm'd you?

I'm starting to think GS is the -supposedly- more reasonable face of TTI.

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 18:22
Yeah I sent him a PM trying to be civil. Jens why don't you show everyone the whole PM.

gunnersingh (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 18:45
Jens spent last week insulting me for no reason; I sent him a PM trying to draw a line under it but he he carried on insulting me. I didn't call him a racist; I took something he said out of context and said It's a racist joke. There's a difference between calling someone a racist and saying they said a racist joke.

25 April, 2012 19:17
Bloody hell its like a chimps tea party in here!close the thread will you padre!

.thetruthis (IP Logged)
25 April, 2012 19:33
Quote:
Mad Jens
Quote:
gunnersingh

However you have to spin it, pal. I honestly don't care much about what goes on here, it's fun when I'm bored but that's about it. Obviously it means more to some...

I'm not the one calling people racists because they swear (that was a nice pm, cheers), and I'm not the one posting about how we need to sell 90% of our squad while you give the biggest as.shole this club has ever produced a reach around.

I'm not trying to control what you post, far from it. Post away buddy ol' pal. But it's not my problem if you don't like the welcoming party, because I'll post what I want to, too.

Yes you are trying to control what he says. Re-read what you said about Cole. And you just nailed it: you post when you're bored, so u don't give a stuff about the forum basically. Others do, and some do take it seriously, and you should respect that.

I've read your posts about Arsenal and I don't think you are much of a fan TBH. All your knowledge is very recent, and most of the time misinformed. YHou never go back a few years for reference in debates. I think you are a fly by night.

I may be a WUM at times, but I admit it and don't get personal with other posters unless they do so with me; and people know now not to take me serious. You however are a troll of the worst kind. (You look to start arguments and deride other people for kicks and basically are not a nice human being). Maybe its becasue you are quite young that you haven't developed a sense of empathy, and you know no better. But you need to lay off people. At least when Jack does it, he's just irritating, I don't think there is any badness in him: he's just an ass.hole. Heck, we're all ass.holes at the end of the day, but you are just plain mean.

That is malicious trolling in my book.

Why don't you f,uck off and troll some RIP sites, its your level.

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 01:31
(Sm143)

Mad Jens (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 03:08
(Sm100)

crumps (IP Logged)
26 April, 2012 09:02
should have given him that extra £5,000

a world class left back on the pitch

but a world class knobhead of it!!!

26 April, 2012 13:07
Quote:
karsene16
Quote:
no1 gazza fan
Quote:
karsene16

That's one way to view it but if you've spent over 30mins with a system that's stopping Barca from scoring, continue.

He was free because no one in the Barca side expected that.

I'd think of it percentage wise, and playing a lot of 5/7 a side tournament football, if you're defending a lead and the team attacking you don't leave anyone at the back you should ALWAYS leave a striker/player up top, because percentage wise he is unlikely to make too much difference adding to all the numbers defending, but if you clear it, he is an outlet to stop more pressure coming back and if he scores you've got a much healthier lead to protect

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net